15th Issue Heroin Discussion v. Be the Death of Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
JUst because you have to use the practice of reusing rigs and haven't contracted hep-c doesn't mean it isn't possible

Okay, how about a link to something other than yahoo questions, that cites specific, recognized medical literature...or a study.... IDK anything that actually says that this is possible...."Contracting Hep C from your own Blood"

Because I've been to detox 10 times, rehab 5-6 times, methadone clinics, I don't even remember what else and had to attend mandatory educational sessions about diseases spread by blood, and NOT ONCE has anyone EVER said that you can get it from your own blood....except for some of the other patients that I was being treated at the same time as, there's always somebody that brings this up.....but, It's just not true. I'm sorry....give me a link to something legit and I'll reconsider....

Another thing I always here people say...."Hep C is a combination of Hep A and Hep B" ???

IDK....

Please, somebody from one of the other forums with actual scientific knowledge just come and put this to bed.....please

Lol, chill out dude.

Why do you need evidence? Just let it go, no one is here to argue and this certainly isn't the proper forum. Seems you're getting a little heated

I used to argue that limodium wasn't capable of relieving legit withdrawals from being an opiate agent and no one ever gave me literature but lo and behold a few years later a BLer dies from limodium. Just because the research isn't at your finger tips doesn't mean it's not true or even possible. Chill out dude.

I don't take it personally....actually I always argue on BL! lol....and sometimes I've argued things and been wrong and admitted it....It's just, I know you cant get it that way Here's and old thread "Captain Heroin" closed when he was a Mod a few years ago

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/523481-Can-you-get-hep-C-from-your-own-blood

And, I don't take it personally or really even care.....This is just one of those things that I've been hearing for so long.....

I'm in a bit of a situation...

I'm getting a lot of pressure from my parents to get on a maintenance med and I'm not sure what to do. For one thing, I'm hesitant to become dependent on a drug with such a long half life for obvious reasons, but I do sort of think I need to extra help to clear my head and focus on getting back to a normal life and getting on bupe or done might allow me to do that.

My problem is that the addict in me really wants to do methadone because of the 'glow' that I hear it gives you when you get your dose. I've used bupe many times and besides a small mood lift that I get after dosing sometimes I never feel satisfied from it and it really does nothing for my cravings.

Im wondering if done would take care of cravings better. So basically I have to pick if I want to get on a maintenance med at all and if I do, which one. Im leaning on done, but the thought of daily trips is a big turn off along with the thought of the hell I would go thru when its time to come off.

Has anyone else ever been on the fence about what maint drug to pick? What did you end up doing and how are you doing now? Thanks to anyone who read this and replies.

I've been on both and what you're saying is pretty spot-on.....For a lot of IV heroin users, suboxone doesn't really scratch the itch and get rid of the cravings. That, coupled with the fact that you have nobody really monitoring you and the fact that you have the whole script just sitting there seems to make it harder to really stick with the bupe....

At least it's that way in the beginning....It seems like taking suboxone kind of gets better over time as you adjust to it, and it ends up giving you a nice little glow after a while....It has less side effects for me and I generally have a lot more energy than when I'm on methadone.....

Methadone will give you a high in the beginning, but after a while it just plateaus....It may give you a slight glow everyday that's more similar to being high, but any euphoria goes away very quickly....It makes you constipated and sluggish and going everyday for your dose is a pain in the ass.....the worst mistake you can make on methadone is raising your dose, trying to chase a "high"....A lot of people end up going on really high doses and mixing it with benzos to get high.....I don't think that combo really gives you a whole hell of a lot of euphoria, but it definitely fucks you up and makes you nod.....It's really dangerous though, and kills people all the time....I know of almost as many people who've died from mixing methadone with benzos as I've known die from heroin/benzos.....

I would try the suboxone if you can afford it.....I wouldn't ever take more than 8mgs personally, and once you're stable on it, maintaining on 4 will have you very comfortable.....

Getting off both sucks, but methadone is worse.....I recently cut down to 1mg of sub a day now, and I cheated today and took it 18 hours after my last dose....I don't feel sick, but I'm going through a lot of anxiety, guilt and self-loathing right now....

If you do go with methadone, I wouldn't go over 60mgs.....Just my opinion....

I was secretly hoping you'd be the one to reply haha. Good to hear from someone who's been on both. And yea I thought about how it might take a little while for my body to adjust to the bupe. I think I should give bupe a chance for a couple months and if it doesnt work out then I can always switch. And yea if i do eventually get on done, 60mgs would def be as high as id like to go. Like they say, 'the farther you swim out, the farther you gotta swim back in'.

Did you have to experience done WDs or did you switch back to dope to avoid them?

^Ha, yeah man....I'm glad you appreciate my posts, I know I piss some people off, particularly when I'm drinking....I like arguing just for the hell of it and I think it comes off a lot more serious on a message forum than in real life....

Anyway, yeah...the onlt time I actually got clean for awhile, it was on methadone/coming off methadone.....

I was on methadone for three years total, I went up to 95 mgs and had no cravings for dope whatsoever....It makes you sweat LAMF if you go up past a certain point with it, and I hated that! No matter what I did, my forehead just poured sweat with even the most minor exertion or increase in temperature!

I used a lot of crack in the first year! I actually got pretty bad on that for the first time on methadone!..The first year, I lived with my parents worked full time, and hid in my room on the weekends hittin the crack pipe with a towel up against the crack on my door, it sucked!

One day, I realized how depressed I'd be every Monday going to work broke after getting paid Friday, and it dawned on me.... "maybe if I DONT smoke crack on the weekends, I wouldn't be broke and depressed anymore! DUH!

I went to AA for the next 2 years while on methadone and didn't use anything but methadone....I only told a few people in AA about it though....NA has always seemed really seedy and sketchy to me....My friend used to call this one NA meeting, "The Source awards", because everybody who went up to the podium had do-rags and gold and the "guinea jumpsuit"!...lol

I started coming down on my dose after 1 1/2 years.....I kind of went up and down and changed the way I was detoxing for awhile....I went down from 70mgs to 20(i think) in 2mg a week increments and was completely fine....Then, I said "fuck it" and went from 20 mgs to 0, coming down 1 mg a day!

The end wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be actually! Don't get me wrong, I couldn't sleep for 5 days(my record now is 11) and I was anxious and had the shits for a month, but it had been so long since I used anything but methadone, I was in a good mental space to deal with it....

I was 25 when I got off methadone after being on it for 3 years, and I only really started using heroin at 20....So by the time I got off of it, I was on methadone longer than I was on dope....

Moved to Florida and stayed clean for a year after that from everything, but eventually started smoking weed....that lasted a year...then drinking....eventually got handed 5-6 oxy 40s for free etc etc.....

Fast forward 7 or so years, and I really never made it more than a few months off everything, and that was summer/fall 2011.....I was off all opiates and just drinking until going back home and fucking with dope for 3 weeks in Jan/Feb....Now I'm back in the midwest trying to detox from Suboxone again!....*sigh

I could go on forever about my playing around with suboxone for 7 years, barely taking it at all for almost that whole time, but it would be a boring story!!

If you really can't stop and you think you couldn't handle the suboxone, maybe methadone would be the way to go for awhile, although anyone who's ever been on methadone would probably have a hard time outright promoting it as a good idea....

I think if you feel like you've come to the point that trying ORT is a good idea, you should try it man! It will make it easier to get your life back on track and will probably give your family some peace of mind!

Last edited:
I think if you feel like you've come to the point that trying ORT is a good idea, you should try it man! It will make it easier to get your life back on track and will probably give your family some peace of mind!

Yea man to be honest, you really hit it dead on right there. After hearing your input I really think I'm gonna give suboxone a chance first before I jump to done. If only I could find someone to write me a script for benzos while I got adjusted to the bupe my life would be much easier and i would have a better outlook on focusing on what I need to.

Every fucking doctor though, they just see that your an addict and automatically put benzos out of the picture. I wouldn't even wanna abuse them man, like i said, just something to ease the adjustment process. I suppose I could try to find some on the street, but Ive never been good at finding benzos.

I suppose I could try to find some on the street, but Ive never been good at finding benzos.

they hard to come by up that way?

i have almost never had a problem sourcing benzos down here, everyones got em. as much as i dont wanna go lookin for opioids i wish some of these people would have some opes but its all hydrocodone n benzos, right now i got a decent little cache of xanax, valium n klonopin in my drawer. and another dude called me up today to see if i wanted a few hundred kpins, he said he was gettin a bunch for cheap so i said sure but turns out they're just the 1mg n not cheap enough that i wanna pick em up to push em i mean he is askin a decent price n money is there to be made but if i cant get atleast 100% profit margin im not gonna bother, besides the mg by mg price difference between buyin 200 or buyin 25 was so small i told him id just as soon take the 25 n im not real interested n buyin too many

Damn i wish i had a lil stash of a few diff benzos like you have haha. And to answer your question, theres plenty of people that have scripts for them around here, but I haven't met many people that are willing to sell more then a couple here or there. Not only that, but usually when I have money that is going to drugs, its for opiates. If i were to get on sub though, I would spend a lot to keep myself with a good stash of benzos on hand like you do.

^^when i was usin dope i was sellin bars n weed on the side to fund the habit, i could get 90 at a time from ~a dozen people who all went to the same crooked doc or i could get 100s from the *fine young gentlemen* at the trap

benzos dont stop around here, or atleast the people i have associated with, all sorts of benzos n hydrocodone can be found easy, good opioid rxs take a bit more work, heroin sucks to source if you arent up for goin down to the hoods

its a bitch cuz as much as i dont wanna go lookin for the opes i really just want them to find me......some of the time atleast

funny, now that i think about it, the only time i had trouble findin benzos was when i first came back after goin away for freshman year of college, i never liked opes in highschool when i tried em, i managed to work myself into a 3-4mg a day xanax habit freshmen year n then wehn i got back everything was dry as far as benzos went n for whatever reason norcos n percs were abundant n then i developed a liking for opes n found solid oxy n dilly connects n all of a sudden n the rest was history but that was like 7 years ago.

but yea benzos n bupe are like peas n carrots. like lamb n tunafish. i coulda used subs, weed n xanax for the rest of my life but i didnt wanna HAVE to take anything so i quit the bupe fast n weed n benzos have mostly been take it or leave it for me, i mean i have been a daily user of both for peroids of time but they just dont suck me in the way opes do

Last edited:
whatever you do dont go over 60 mg. of methodone or you are gonna be miserable,thats awesome advice for sure,their are alot of side effects for methodone,wait gain,cant shit,sweating,and temperature changes in your body,hot then freezing,but it sure beats the dope hustle. If you like to take benzos,maybe subs will be better for you so you dont end up dead.goodluck brother!!!

I'm in the same boat as you, Effect, but I've refused to even consider methadone as an option for several reasons, even though the thought of getting somewhat high has made me consider methadone in the past. I'm nearing a brick wall with my usage, having had to move back home after 11 years on my own. I'm only in my twenties and I used to work a very successful job, making bank and living comfortably on my own. Shit went south real quick a few years ago with things in my life and I decided to just go full steam ahead with dope and got hooked. Now I'm waiting to get administered sub, but my whole thing is, part of me does not want to give up the dope. That's my problem. To not feel that rush anymore, to not be high, it's like something major is going to be missing in my life and the thought of it is dreadful to me. If I don't get on maintenance I'm basically bound to be homeless and I'm really out of options after that. I don't feel like losing my job that I'm at now, which is a very good job, after it took my almost 2 years to find this good of a gig after collecting unemployment from my lay off.

...Sucks

^^well

you aint gonna quit til you truly want to n truly wanna stay away from the stuff

but i understand the notion of just missin that feelin, im not sure that'll ever go away 100% tho

I'm in the same boat as you, Effect, but I've refused to even consider methadone as an option for several reasons, even though the thought of getting somewhat high has made me consider methadone in the past. I'm nearing a brick wall with my usage, having had to move back home after 11 years on my own. I'm only in my twenties and I used to work a very successful job, making bank and living comfortably on my own. Shit went south real quick a few years ago with things in my life and I decided to just go full steam ahead with dope and got hooked. Now I'm waiting to get administered sub, but my whole thing is, part of me does not want to give up the dope. That's my problem. To not feel that rush anymore, to not be high, it's like something major is going to be missing in my life and the thought of it is dreadful to me. If I don't get on maintenance I'm basically bound to be homeless and I'm really out of options after that. I don't feel like losing my job that I'm at now, which is a very good job, after it took my almost 2 years to find this good of a gig after collecting unemployment from my lay off.

...Sucks

A part of you is always going to miss that feeling. Quitting H or any drug really you've developed a strong addiction with, is like loosing a lover. A piece of you is missing, a big piece usually as for most of us, heroin took up a huge portion of our lives. It's our girlfriend, our family, our best friend, our comfort, it's our everything. So suddenly just taking that away from your life can leave you missing it very much. It begins a sort of mourning/grief period loosing something so important to you.

You need to replace the feelings H gave you with something else. You can't just take something away so powerful from your life. You need to add something positive, be it a hobby, anything you're passionate about.

Just remember at the end of the day, the feeling and gratification H gives you isn't real. It's killing you. That's what's real. Life has so much awesome shit in it that will give you a real rush.

<---Needs to take own advice.. hah.

...Sucks

I can't even begin to explain how much I relate to that feeling. However, I'm sure were not unique and many people must feel like that when they get on maintenance if they truly aren't ready to stop with the dope lifestyle.

Scagnattie gave some solid advice. Man speaks the truth. As far as a hobby goes, it may sound lame, but i want to get an xbox again and get back into my favorite thing before I started using; Online Call of Duty and Halo.

I don't take it personally....actually I always argue on BL! lol....and sometimes I've argued things and been wrong and admitted it....It's just, I know you cant get it that way Here's and old thread "Captain Heroin" closed when he was a Mod a few years ago

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/523481-Can-you-get-hep-C-from-your-own-blood

And, I don't take it personally or really even care.....This is just one of those things that I've been hearing for so long.....

OH SHIT!

well if Captain.Heroin said it isn't possible it must be true! 8)

Honestly, methadone isn't something I recommend for anyone, but for certain people it actually works (in the looong, long run). For example here's my quick story of MMT. After being on it for a year (and loving it, on 120mg feeling good everyday for FREE) and using lots more cocaine because I could and still H and ox, after the dose started 'plateauing' and I started hating yayo and hating going to the clinic every day, I abruptly kept to just methadone and marijuana in order to get maximum carries, 6.

Having a weeks worth now, this is how my week is: for about 4-5 days I feel great, as I drink portions of the other 2-3 days drinks, where I'm not sick off my ass but depending on how little I have, I just watch TV and pop benedryl and sleep the hours til the next day, where I'll probably get nice. If this sounds better than what you're doing now (it was for me, I was dope sick atleast 80% of the time before) maybe MMT is right for you, but everyone is different. I know people that drink 3 days worth (consistently) and still bitch about not getting high, and are fine for those 3 days. I could never do that.

I think methadone would be phenomenal for actually kicking a dope addiction, I saw a regiment on here somewhere. Something like 60mgs day 1 and you halve it every day. That should be made available somehow, or is that what they do in rehabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.