View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

13-ho-lsd and other lysergamides' metabolites

nepalnt21

Bluelighter
so i do get introspective on the second half of an acid trip, and luckily its not the depressing version some ppl get, reportedly from the metabolite 13-ho-lsd...

just wondering if anyone has info about such a metabolite from the other lysergamides.

anecdotes, stuff from the literature, etc.

thanks

I'm still waiting on proper data from these claims by Nichols. Part of this 2-phase trip story with LSD may also have to do with its extremely long binding time to serotonergic receptors. This may make the shift between the first avalanche on the brain and the second one more discrete, with some metabolism step in between, rather than a very gradual process like you have with a normally, much more rapidly, receptor-dissociating drug.

Never heard about the second phase being depressing, but certainly it may lack the initial euphoria of the peak. In my experience it is like a consolidation of the first phase and there is more a feeling of meditative clarity whereas during the peak or first phase there is a lot more distortion.

Before we move on to other lysergamides we'd first need to be clear on what we are talking about with things like 13-HO-LSD and that seems hard without decent data.

I've always found LSD extremely introspective the whole time, but I've never found that to be a bad thing. I also find LSD euphoric the whole time, unless internal mental factors cause me to start feeling bad. Introspection of one of the things I find most desirable in a psychedelic, and introspection can lead to a wonderfully satisfied/content/euphoric state.

I've had a lot of LSD but have no idea what the 2 stages are. I come up, peak at hr 2, the peak continues on another 3 hr, then I start to come down. Any anxiety (wigging out as I called it in my youth) happens in the first 5hr.

shit thats a great way of putting the chronology into words! so, i guess during the comedown, my thoughts draw inward. thats probably the best way i can put it.

i get all emotional and sensual, and i tend toward letting myself float off into oblivion during this period.

I've had a lot of LSD but have no idea what the 2 stages are. I come up, peak at hr 2, the peak continues on another 3 hr, then I start to come down. Any anxiety (wigging out as I called it in my youth) happens in the first 5hr.

That is strange, I can get extreme anxiety from LSD too; but only really ever on the comedown like 8 - 12 hours later or so, and sometimes into the next day I can feel like I am having a heart attack from sheer panic. Not when I'm peaking though... I strongly prefer DMT to LSD and don't really drop much acid anymore. I have never had anxiety from DMT, it feels like it is already a part of me. Sometimes heavier hits can take a while for me to process, but if anything it chills me out and sedates me.

For me LSD is a single trip that peaks in about an hour and lasts about 8-10h, keeping me awake for about 12-16h. There is no difference in experience and the whole time is spent basically as introspective but I spend a lot of time "considering myself" anyway. The following day, usually about 22-24 hours after ingestion, I may be tired from a shorter amount of sleep but I have no remnants of the trip remaining.

I love lsd for the energy it gives me coupled with the length and smoothness of the trip. It provides me with euphoria, energy and clear functional thought.

The only time LSD is ever depressing for me is on the tail end of the trip if i try to force myself to go to sleep and end up tossing n turning all night, when I'd probably be better off just facing the fact that im going to be awake for a while and do something at least mildly entertaining.

DMT IS a part of you. It is an endogenous neurotransmitter, probably at one or more of the TAARs.

Quite unusual IMO, for a neurotransmitter to be able to make it through the BBB if administered exogenously. GHB is the only other one I can think of that does.

just a reminder: dmt as a neurotransmitter and dmt being produced in the human brain have yet to be demonstrated/ proven.

I believe that DMT has been found in cerebrospinal fluid in trace amounts, which would mean it's either used in some manner, or is a metabolic waste product. The theory about is being released in a flood during death and/or birth is entirely theory however.

it certainly has also been found in our urine, along with many other substituted tryptamines. it very well may even do the whole death flood thing, and it may even be a neurotransmitter, im just timid around the word "is".

Yeah agreed, I guess I wouldn't say "it IS a neurotransmitter" either. But seems more likely to me than the death flood thing. Also there is something about DMT that is so different from other tryptamines. I've smoked a few base tryptamines and the ones I've tried come on way slower than DMT and last quite a while longer.

Yeah agreed, I guess I wouldn't say "it IS a neurotransmitter" either. But seems more likely to me than the death flood thing. Also there is something about DMT that is so different from other tryptamines. I've smoked a few base tryptamines and the ones I've tried come on way slower than DMT and last quite a while longer.
also, the fact of no tolerance buildup

I can tell you first hand one gets very tolerant to DMT upon regular daily use and DMT tolerance made me cross tolerant to mescaline.