• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

100mg morphine er

LadyD2010

Greenlighter
Hi there, I'm new here so please bear with me.

I have a question. Friend is currently prescribed percocet 5/325 up to a max of 12 per day but constantly going over and doing more like 20? So now he's out of script early but has found some 100 mg morphine ER pills. What would the difference be if he took one or two of those instead of any percs? Not really interested in crushing or injecting as no experience with that and have heard that you can't chew them? Just wondering what the high would be like and do like the fact that there's no acetominophen in these.

Can you offer any thoughts?

anyone have any ideas?

I honestly do not think he would get much if anything from them. The Bioavailability is only about ~25% (oral) compared to much more for the Oxy. The are also ER tabs much are even worse and a pain in the ass to IV.

Your friend is playing with fire considering the amount of acetaminophen he's taking every day.

But to stay in the topic, type "plugging morphine" or just "plugging" in the search engine.

Ya he realizes he's crazy with the high acetaminophen amounts in the percs. He's on a waiting list for a pain clinic and until then reg doc will only prescribe percs.

He has no practice with shooting, snorting etc and probably wouldn't plug either. So for now he's just taken one of the 100's orally (whole not broken) and is hoping to at least starve off the withdrawels. And will give his body a break from the acetominophen. I'm wondering if he should take another 100 orally to see.

One should be enough to keep withdrawls away..

If he wants to get off from them then he should take like 2 or 3 crushed up or broken into little pieces and take that.

Your friend is taking more than twice the maximum daily dose of acetaminophen on some days, that is dangerous.

But on topic, you say that he takes 12-20...that's 60-100mg oxycodone. 100mg oxycodone is considered equivalent to 150-200mg Morphine (oral) by conversion charts. Personally I'd say oral Morphine is at the least half as potent as oxycodone, so I'd say he should take 2 of those pills, possibly 3 if he wants to get high.

Although the high is different from the two and don't expect a rush from the extended release Morphine like the oxycodone can. The high is more sedating and the euphoric stimulation oxycodone produces is replaced by a more powerful nod.

Crushing them is useless, its almost impossible to defeat the time release. I still liked chewing them though.

^ Here morphine on the black market comes in capsules in which there are little beads which are crushable to defeat the time release.

thanks for the info.

I'm hoping he hasn't already done damage to his liver with the higher doses of acetaminophen. He's been doing the 15-20 percs for at least 2 or 3 months. I can't believe the doctor won't prescribe just the oxycodone even at a low dose so he can get away from the acetaminophen.
Wait lists for the pain clinic are horrendous here!

He does seem to be feeling okay on the 1 100mg pill. So while it's not killing all the pain ...better than nothing.

Morphine ER is really pretty useless IMO, I love MSIRs, but the MS Contin suck so much, they gel up when you try to shoot 'em, and of course the oral B/A sucks, so taking 100 mg of morphine by mouth is like shooting 25 mg, of course without the rush, etc. I prefer to eat my morphine, but still 100 mg of Morphine ER feels like 50 mg of MSIR. So if someone came up to me and told me they'd give me a 100 mg MS Contin I'd take it, but I don't really think I would every pay for MS Contin, maybe if I was W/Ding or something

What kinda of Morphine ER was it? Was it a pill or capsule? If it is a capsule that says embeda on it, do not take it any other way than orally. It contains Naltrexone, and if the pellets are crushed it releases the naltrexone, which provide for a rather unpleasant experience.

Morphine ER is really pretty useless IMO, I love MSIRs, but the MS Contin suck so much, they gel up when you try to shoot 'em, and of course the oral B/A sucks, so taking 100 mg of morphine by mouth is like shooting 25 mg, of course without the rush, etc. I prefer to eat my morphine, but still 100 mg of Morphine ER feels like 50 mg of MSIR. So if someone came up to me and told me they'd give me a 100 mg MS Contin I'd take it, but I don't really think I would every pay for MS Contin, maybe if I was W/Ding or something

I'd probably have paid something like $10 for a 100mg MSContin as a rather useless opiate to get high from but a decent drug to kill withdrawals for an extended release of time. I agree with you that it is nothing compared to MSir and the high from instance release is much better, like twice as potent. The experience is better when released instantly.