• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 100mg Methadone won't last over 15hrs

Choose Life

Bluelighter
I've been on the clinic 6 mos 2 years before that subutex at 32mg a day which is bs I found myself using regularly discontinuing use for 18hrs and such

A car accident and resulting pain pushed me to the clinic
The pain was cured for 24hrs at 60mg

But I can't stay out of withdraw I've been stable since 75mg but after a few weeks it no longer lasts 24hrs then I'm experiencing full blown withdraw by 11pm after dosing at 930am

Raising the dose 5mg eliminates all withdraw for 2 weeks or so than slowly regresses

I work outdoors in the heat on work days it's terrible
, on off days it's bearable but still mild withdraw

Anyone else experienced this and perhaps know where it will end?

Have you tried to initiate the process to see if you can qualify to receive split dosing? I mean, some people do seem to require more than 100mg to stay "well" over a full 24hrs, but it's worth looking into whether or not you might qualify for split dosing if you have a fast metabolism or something.

Yea I also think split dosing would be good, but a warning it might be a challenge as it usually requires a take home. If you have clean utox then you shound be fine.

sounds like you have a fast clearance-rate, if so it won't 'improve' in anyway as its linked to your metabolism and your general biology as whole.

you may just have to up the dose it thats the case.

Unfortunately in NC the clinic I'm at will not allow split dosing under any circumstances, other clinic I transferred from does split doses
Clean drug screens have level 2 moving to level 3 in July

Left the other clinic because they would not give me take homes because they tested for Kratom

Went straight to the top over that and state sided with doctor saying he could prohibit anything he wanted to if prescribing

Payed $300 out of pocket at 60mg for blood draw knew I was paid metabolizing faster than usual

Didn't cheat came back 2.5x reduction doctor needed 4x reduction to substantiate to state a split dose

Oh you're sick? Too bad not quite sick enough

I no longer take Kratom because on higher methadone doses in pure leaf form has anti effect similar to subutex promoting withdraw but a much less degree

Today doc was in did a cows if I was under 100mg would of got I increase today over 100mg they want 3 consecutive days of vitals next Mon-Wed and hopefully get an increase on Thursday that's over a week I've submitted grievances because they frequently lose paperwork and take 1-2 wks for dose adjustments and could care less if I'm stable just these are out policies so I wrote grievances reminding them it's not play to leave someone in withdraw for weeks at a time because of bureaucratic bs

^ sucks :( sorry to hear
methadone clinics are always long but in the states they sound like active deterrents to opiate use/users rather than part of a wider selction of recovery tools.

Oh wow, you and me too. I was a landscaper and MMT. It fuckin sucked! What you describe is what I went thru as well.
The heat, sun, sweat, and going full tilt all day long. My methadone lasted all of 15-16 hr's out of 24. Clinic asked me how I knew........well every time in the morning when you take your dose you shouldn't be high as a kite for the first 2 hr's or so and that is what it was like. Because my system had burned thru it and it hits ya.
Their answer was always Go Up. Not for me. I was looking for a way out not in further.

If you have take homes you can try splitting or you can try and use potentiators. Do your research find out how it works in the body and find ways to keep your metabolism at a rate that helps to keep in in your system longer.

I know this might sound crazy but one thing I found that helped alot was Grapefruit juice and minimizing other drugs in my system. Even the ones that you might think are helping. For me it was benzos at night for sleep. Everything you take that is processed by liver enzymes usually pushes out p-450 and the more of it in your system the quicker you will reduce your build up of methadone. The lesser amount will also burn off faster. Then with the type of work your doing it's just a given.

Grapefruit juice should be avoided if your on certain med's like blood thinners and other med's that you don't want to potentiate or possibly weaken the effect. So check into that if you are.

If not tho, then it's work a shot and that's coming from someone who isn't a fan of grapefruit juice lol. But I was a bigger fan of not going thru withdrawal daily so worth it.
I also found eating a healthy meal once a day vs. eating 2-3 times a day helped because it raises your metabolism and burns thru it as well.

Green leafy veg has a similar effect with p-450 cytochrome but I found to eat enough to matter was beyond me. Find 100% pure grapefruit juice or maybe even make your own fresh, and have 8-10floz twice a day. I found that an hour before the dose and then 8-10 hours later really helped. I'm not saying this will work for sure because some people have a genetic precursor that affects their p-450 and they just don't have those enzymes.

Here is the disclaimer cause if you try it and are taking other drugs your chance of overdose is magnified in some people so check before you jump.

From Wikipedia :

[h=4]Drug interaction[edit][/h]Many drugs may increase or decrease the activity of various CYP isozymes either by inducing the biosynthesis of an isozyme (enzyme induction) or by directly inhibiting the activity of the CYP (enzyme inhibition). This is a major source of adverse drug interactions, since changes in CYP enzyme activity may affect the metabolism and clearance of various drugs. For example, if one drug inhibits the CYP-mediated metabolism of another drug, the second drug may accumulate within the body to toxic levels. Hence, these drug interactions may necessitate dosage adjustments or choosing drugs that do not interact with the CYP system. Such drug interactions are especially important to take into account when using drugs of vital importance to the patient, drugs with important side-effects and drugs with small therapeutic windows, but any drug may be subject to an altered plasma concentration due to altered drug metabolism.
A classical example includes anti-epileptic drugs. Phenytoin, for example, induces CYP1A2, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, and CYP3A4. Substrates for the latter may be drugs with critical dosage, like amiodarone or carbamazepine, whose blood plasma concentration may either increase because of enzyme inhibition in the former, or decrease because of enzyme induction in the latter.[citation needed]
[h=4]Interaction of other substances[edit][/h]Naturally occurring compounds may also induce or inhibit CYP activity. For example, bioactive compounds found in grapefruit juice and some other fruit juices, including bergamottin, dihydroxybergamottin, and paradicin-A, have been found to inhibit CYP3A4-mediated metabolism of certain medications, leading to increased bioavailability and, thus, the strong possibility of overdosing.[17] Because of this risk, avoiding grapefruit juice and fresh grapefruits entirely while on drugs is usually advised.[18]

wikipedia.org/wiki/Cytochrome_P450#CYP

Check into it and I hope it helps

Cheers

I'm to the North of the US rather then in the US and up here you can get split doses. I have debated it but you know what I have full carries (pick up weekly, have to drink one dose in front of them while I'm there), weekly UIs and monthly Doc Visits; which is the top Level my clinic allows (as far as I know). Anyways, reason I haven't bothered is because I know that I could always do it myself and also I have a hard enough time drinking only one bottle a day as it is instead of drinking another bottle when I start going into withdrawal at night that I dunno if I could handle only drinking 44mg at a time. Makes me cringe a bit to think about it.

Thanks for the replies everyone
I've never potentiated with CYP inhibitor
If anyone can recommend which group to inhibit white grapefruit is a great idea late morning something to cut down on acid production as well

Would be nice to know the inhibition time of white grapefruit on the CYP classes

I was once under a high methadone dosage and every time I would feel my tolerance was about to increase I'd always find a way to decrease in order to keep the maintain the same dose. Few years later when I went through a more significant decrease so I could think if quitting was an option, I managed to decrease it quite slowly but steady.

My point is that yes, try to get your doses split but keep in mind that when you decrease, even a little bit the previous dosage tends to be slightly more potent or at least enough with time. So not only you can try to get your dose split but also just think about decreasing 5-10 mg in a month time for instance and see how it goes. It could work.

Sweating is the enemy this time of year, especially for liquid doses of mdone.

With H, I have to dose every 4 hrs on work nights because I sweat so much in this heat. Days I'm off, its once every 8-12 hrs.

Split doses would probably be your best bet, or either time released mdone pills. I can take two split doses of mdone orally, the pill, and be good for hours.

I'm happy to report that fresh Red grapefruit ranging from a half to 1.5 a day in quarters and halves has eliminated all evening and nightly withdraw symptoms

I would use caution around dosing time because it can cause nodding (lol) from original dose

A lifesaver