• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe 1 month after jumping off 2 mg methadone...1 dose 1mg sub. Setback PAWS?

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
Hi I was still in some paws after ending a methadone taper down to 2 mg...then jumping off cold turkey 1 month ago amd being clean.

After the one month clean I took 1.5 Mg of sub. Will this set me back in terms of my paws much?

If it's a one off dose probably not, the dose of Methadone you were on is pretty low the PAWS from that should be relatively mild I'd hope. I'd not expect a one off dose to drastically change things if you only keep it to that one dose. Did you take the Bupe to try and lesson the PAWS for a period or was it from a recreational standpoint?

I don't think so. Report back your experience with it. Your not about to dive back in are you LSD

I don't think so. Report back your experience with it. Your not about to dive back in are you LSD
I don't intend to resume and I feel so regretful. It was for attempted recreational use and I drank with it. There's a very good chance I could've been in horrible pain from drinking one time and had to go back on opioids but it seems like I might have avoided that.

The drinking really has the potential to put me back on opioids more than just trying opioids Inna vacuum

thats just a bad idea man, how long were you on methadone for?
1.5 years. I still feel better from the bupe 2 days later. I also feel bad from the alcohol still.

I have never been more disappointed in a relapse. I also almost drowned nodding out in a hot tub.

1.5 years. I still feel better from the bupe 2 days later. I also feel bad from the alcohol still.

I have never been more disappointed in a relapse. I also almost drowned nodding out in a hot tub.

We all fuck up man, with everything you’ve been through and your now chronic pain I’m assuming you have a harder time than the average staying away. Just harness that disappointment to get back on the wagon :)

-GC

thats just a bad idea man, how long were you on methadone for?

We all fuck up man, with everything you’ve been through and your now chronic pain I’m assuming you have a harder time than the average staying away. Just harness that disappointment to get back on the wagon :)

-GC
I didn't even have chronic pain at the time of the relapse and was on top of the world. Now I do due to drinking alcohol so it's going to make not doing pills futile.

I didn't even have chronic pain at the time of the relapse and was on top of the world. Now I do due to drinking alcohol so it's going to make not doing pills futile.
Yeah, I know it's a struggle man. Honestly alcohol can be the worst enemy physically. Some people just don't handle it mentally or physically very well.

If you're in pain and need something, maybe try an alternative and more moderate substance like kratom, or kava, or possibly a gabapentinoid.

All of those substances are easier on the body than alcohol. I wish you the best though man.

But if your goal is complete sobriety, definitely don't be discouraged by one little fuck up. Keep the train rolling and if it's meant to be it'll happen.