Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

1-Methyl-5-MeO-DiPT notes

yoyoman

Bluelighter
Second hand info about 1-Me-5-MeO-DiPT's activity -

It doesn't seem too much of anything on its own, and doesn't have a special synergy with anything BUT, 5-MeO-DiPT. Mix the two and its a really fantastic *trip* i hear.

25 mg orally in a gelatine cap due to the terrible flavour. Within 40 min. it was clear: This is unquestionable an active level. In earlier trials (water dissolved) I already noted a tingling in my neck or my shoulders 10 min after ingestion. But then it faded and nothing remained.
I feel a fine tremor in my hands, I feel agitated and my breathing is getting deeper, or I simply become more aware of it. I am able to pretend to be normal and communication with others (who know nothing) is no problem, but somehow spacey. The 20 min walk home from my lab was adventurous and funny. The body feels completely safe and there is no muscle tension or the intense and troublesome shivering that I know from the not methylated cousin. Music is beautiful. Fluidity of thoughts and fantasy is enhanced. There is a definite time slowing. There are no typical tryptamine visuals with the eyes open. With closed eyes there are rainbow coloured flowing ribbons. Just seen images remain with closed eyes, but in complementary colours. (Yellows in blue and red in green) The view out of the window makes the outside world looks like a painting. Focussing small objects in a distance is easy and they appear much closer than they are.
Within 2-3h everything subsided, 6h after that sleep was a little difficult to achieve and with my closed eyes there is still some activity. Next day fine and without any side effects.

I would call this a clear +2 experiment. Next time probably 35 – 40 mg. This should give me a full +3, and I am very curious about it.
Comparing the activity with 5-MeO-DIPT, I would say, its N methylated counterpart is approximately 4-5 times less active, but surely not less interesting. For me it is much more favourable than 5-MeO-DIPT because it is much softer to the body.

35 mg Starts within 35 min. Slight energy tremor in my arms, handwriting is bad, A pressure in my chest makes me breath deeper and slower. Peak 90 min after ingestion, difficult to describe, neither visual nor acoustic effects, but nevertheless smashed. No body load at all. Most remarkable are the effects when walking around. The legs feel soft and rubber-like. There are slight problems to walk straight. The head feels so far away from the floor. This reminds me a little of DALT and 5-MeO-DALT. Within 2-3h the effects have largely subsided.
All in all rather disappointed, I supplemented with 43 mg of DPT i.n.
This blew me within 10 min to a +3 with typical visuals and a enormous tremor at the whole body. –I’m glad that nobody saw me lying around that way. 2h after that I’m largely back at baseline again. The smooth afterglow is great. I suppose it is due to the prior body shakes. They make the muscles so soft. Reading Seneca and writing a letter is a great activity for that.
Sleep was a little difficult, next day a little tired, but OK.
Next time the 1-Me alone perhaps at 55 mg.

different person:

i've only tried the 1-me-foxy at about ~45mg alone first time, strange - hazyness / change in vision but no trails or other trippyness - until i decided i was tired and fell asleep. The wild trippy dreams kept waking me up so i just got up - also noticed a reduction in treble in sound quality- no suprise i seem to be sensitive to any isopropyl group (or.. one that "looks like one" - like the TMT you sent me when viewed on chemdraw) and sound. Haven't tried it in combination with 5-meo-dipt yet.

Just some info to toss out there about trials with a 1-Me-tryptamine :)

Thanks for posting the info...I'll look forward to hearing about other 1-me tryptamines. I would caution a little slower titration...

Interesting... I've actually never heard of this chemical until now.

Keep us posted yoyoman:)
I would also be interested to know if 1-me-5-meo-dmt would be able to pass the bbb and destruction by mao without the adjunct of an maoi.

Do you have a chemdraw structure for me, I dont have access to such?

Actually it is wrong. :) That is a gramine analogue. Correct structure...

1-Me-5-MeO-N,N-DiPT.JPG

its posts like this that have me coming back to BL everyday.
thanks yoyoman

egor said:
Keep us posted yoyoman:)
I would also be interested to know if 1-me-5-meo-dmt would be able to pass the bbb and destruction by mao without the adjunct of an maoi.

dont know about 1-methyltryptamines, but 2-methyltrytamines are not able to be destroyed by MAOs (TIHKAL ) .

1-methyl analogues of LSD and other analogues are known, and are usually 1/3rd the activity of the unsubstituted analogue.

Some 1-methyl tryptamines are also known to be active. I am willing to bet all 1-methyl analogues of tryptamines and ergolines are active at 1/3rd the potency of the 1-H analogue.

Also, Shulgin suspects that 1-MeO analogues of our favorite tryptamines will be active. In addition, a sample of 4-AcO-DET I possessed degraded, was tested, and shown to be composed of 1,4-diAcO-DET which Shulgin suspected would retain activity.

The 1 position on tryptamine gives many opportunities to create new allies.

Thanks Nuke and MGS, for the structure.
I will be waiting to see some bioassays of 1-methyl-5-meo-dmt, I would love to be able to take a chem that is close to 5-meo-dmt orally without an maoi!
Keep up the good work yoyoman!!

Doh, forgot a carbon... kept thinking there was something wrong with it but I was in a rush, thanks for the correction. :)

Always be specific when mentioning a trimethyltryptamine since there are numerous ones. N,N,1-TMT, a,N,N-TMT, 2,a,N-TMT, etc. Same with a 5-MeO-TMT...many different ones...being specific as to where the methyls are is a must!

morninggloryseed said:
Always be specific when mentioning a trimethyltryptamine since there are numerous ones. N,N,1-TMT, a,N,N-TMT, 2,a,N-TMT, etc. Same with a 5-MeO-TMT...many different ones...being specific as to where the methyls are is a must!

oops sorry ! so it's 5-meO-2,N,N-TMT...

but shulgin named 2,N,N-trimethyltryptamine "TMT" as N,N-dimethyltryptamine is called "DMT" even if alpha,N-DMT or alpha-alpha-DMT exist .

I suggest using shulgin nomenclature : TMT is respectively (by default) 2,N,N-TMT as DMT is N,N-DMT . For trimethyl-T which the configuration of methyls isn't 2,N,N-TMT , we can add the 3 letters before TMT to precise the position : 2,a,N-TMT ; a,N,N-TMT ; ...

What do you thing ?

Ehh, I say always use the letters to be specific. Especially since the official “TMT” in TIHKAL is not the good TMT (which would be a,N,N-TMT). Besides, many already insist on calling DMT, N,N-DMT so I figure it never hurts to always be in the habit of being specific. I’m not in the habit of always sticking with the Shulgin nomenclature anyway (I like saying iprocin, ethocin, etc and call it “2C-TFM” instead of “2C-CF3.”

Got more updates with this one, the couple trips where 5-meo-dipt was thrown into the mix,

52 mg of 1- Me should be the highest level I’ll try. Onset within 30 min. peak within 1 h, but never a real break through, very aware of it, relaxed, body completely safe. A little disappointed I decided 1h into it to take something other to probably boost. I had 11 mg of foxy in a gelcap but anyhow I took only the half. (5-6 mg) Within 20 min I realized that the effect that kicks in now has nothing to do with the effect of either drug. I was completely blown away, a full blown +3! For the following 2-3h the only notes that I made were: WOOOW!! The head is absolutely clear, there is no body load at all, the visual field is fulfilled with rainbow colours and pattern and a fly that flies through the room leaves long, long tracers. The sound of my own voice sounds very deep, and the ticking of the old fashioned clock in the living room is much slower and deeper. Music seems not to be distorted, it is the opposite! - absolutely beautiful. Total connection!! It reminds me rather of a PEA than any tryptamine. I am completely together and I am able to suppress the effect in an good way I walk through the apartment and I clean up a little bit. I function completely. When I lay down again, I’m far, far away again. I never had a drug where the effect can be so good controlled. If you let it go, it goes soooo deep, and if you won’t, you can suppress it quite well (except the deeper voices.) I had to phone a friend 5h into the trip and always asked myself can I manage it? –Yes it worked I got invited to come over for supper. Conversation was good, -still rainbow colours wherever I look, but fine! I had some typical foxy farts that evening that went through my guts, but that was not a problem. There is a clear audio-effect within this drug. The mood is fantastic After 5 h I noticed a very slow come down and the after effects lasted to about hour 10. I will never touch foxy alone again and I am awfully happy that I did not take the whole 11 mg.

-------
OK, an next try: This time combined with 5-MeO-MiPT! I am a little anxious since I saw what the 1-Me foxy did with foxy. Curiously it didn’t interfere with DPT (43 mg nasally) in an earlier trial. Again I take 52 mg of 1-Me-foxy and supplement with only 4 mg of Moxy, to be carefully! But to my big surprise it did also not enhance the effect of Moxy within 1.5 h I supplemented with an other 8 mg of Moxy, and tripped quite well (as to be expect). But there was surely no synergism. –How bizarre!

-----
I ate 40 mg of 1-Me-F and 7 mg of foxy in one gel cap and went out with my 7 years old son and his friend to the playground. –Yepp, kicks in hardly within 40 min, but I have no troubles to hide the effects. –But sitting still it gets deep. Clear audio effects, again, very colourful rainbow ribbons, red shadows, less clear patterning more colours. 4 h later, -home again I take a shower and lay down without music. –Powww lot of noise in my inner ears, like an own music. Occasionally skirl tones produce a counterpart in the visual field, similar to what I found when I lay down for a catnap when I am on DOI or 2-CB. The visuals don’t produce geometric forms or 3-D worlds, more undefined rainbow ribbons. Gut rumbling that evening. 11h after into it I slept fine. There is no appetite suppression. Food tastes great!!

It seems like with at least 1-Me-5-MeO-DiPT to get anywhere you have to mix it with 5-MeO-DiPT. Some kind of super-synergy there...

This compound sounds utterly uninteresting to me.

Bring on the 1-me-5-meo-dmt!

^^ it may not be all that interesting effects wise, but like 4-meo-mipt, I am endlessly fascinated to learn more due to the new substitution pattern.