• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

I've only been averaging about 2 hours of sleep a night so I haven't had any dreams to report except for a brief frustrating one the other night: I applied for a job at a publishing company and the guy told me that I'm a great writer, but that he wasn't allowed to hire me because I don't have a college degree.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
:sleep:

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember one brief dream from last night...

Nov 9-10, 2020: "Office"

I was in an office building waiting to speak to the guy in charge about something (a job interview, I think). People kept on going in ahead of me and I started to get frustrated. There was a receptionist at her desk next to me and I wanted to get her attention, but she was on the phone and doing paperwork at the same time. I could see how stressed out she was and it reminded me of my old corporate job.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I remember a couple vague dreams from last night...

Nov 10-11, 2020: "Unfinished Book, Karaoke Girl"

I think that I was back in my teens or early 20's and I had decided to take some time off from work to write a novel. I started it but never got very far. My parents were giving me a hard time about basically being a lazy bum and my mom said sarcastically, "So what's the name of that book again?".

I ran into a young woman that I knew from karaoke years ago and she looked great. She gave me a big hug but I was kind of bummed out because her boyfriend/husband was there.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

These were like a few separate dreams that were all related. I woke up at least once in between them...

Nov 12-13, 2020: "Mad at Dad/Food Shopping"

My father came home drunk and was acting obnoxious. He kept bothering me about something and I got really angry at him. He left in his car and when he came back later, there was beer spilled all over the inside of it. I had to get into it with my mom to pick up my own car from somewhere and I got beer all over my pants.

I was in a store like Walmart looking at books, but they all seemed to be about witchcraft or the occult so I wasn't interested in any of them. There were two aisles of prepared food and one was like a salad bar. I was going to get something but my dad came over so I left.

Later I ran into him again at a supermarket. He was bragging that he got six full bottles of Percocet and I said, "Don't tell me; I'm so f---in' jealous!" and stormed off. I started to feel bad and went back to tell him that I was just upset because I felt like he was jeopardizing my sobriety by flaunting his booze and drugs in front of me.

They had a new line of Campbell's soups that were supposed to be authentic old-world recipes. I wanted to try some but they all contained meat and/or dairy and I'm vegan. One was like a fancy cream of asparagus. I muttered something to myself about it and a lady shopping next to me with her young son misheard me; she thought that I had said something to upset her son so I explained to her that I was just talking about the soup.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I had a dream my ex/husband sent me a message or phone call that said I should move on forever... I was so distraught in my dream, I tried so hard to leave that I actually woke myself up. Gradually realized it was a dream... but I still feel shit about it.

This dream had me waking up with with a love jones for someone that doesn't even exist...

Nov 13-14, 2020: "Crush on Co-worker"

(To avoid confusion, I'll refer to my crush as "the girl" and my other co-worker as "the lady".)

I was working at a department/book store that was like a cross between Walmart and Barnes & Noble. One of my co-workers was a girl around her mid-20's that I had a crush on. Another lady that I worked with said that the girl liked me too. Christmas was coming up and the lady said that the girl was giving me a gift, so I should get something for her too.

I realized that I didn't know the girl that well so I wasn't sure what to get her. All of my co-workers were giving me different advice and I was getting really stressed about it. I suggested a gift card but the lady said that it was too impersonal. I found a bookmark with some cute kittens on it and decided that I would get her a $20 gift card plus a small book with the bookmark, but I had no clue what book to buy. The girl's father did karate or something so I thought of getting one about martial arts, but didn't know if she'd like it or not.

I was still on duty and worried about getting in trouble for shopping during my work shift, so I tried to discreetly browse while I was doing my job. They were also having a karaoke night there and I was going to sing "Losing My Religion" by REM on my break, but some other guy did it first.

There was one point where the lady and I were standing out back by a small body of water and I had my arms wrapped around her. I realized that I was a little attracted to her as well and felt really conflicted about the whole thing, especially because I don't really want a relationship with anyone right now. She said something like, "Why would you want me when you can have her?" and I said, "She's half my age so it probably wouldn't work out anyway.". The lady told me not to worry about it and reassured me that the girl liked me.

*sigh* <3

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Three separate, crazy dreams from last night...

Nov 14-15, 2020: "Mom with Cancer, Angel Cloud, Old Apartment"

My parents were African/American (both white in real life) but I didn't noticed that they looked different. She was diagnosed with terminal cancer and had to undergo radiation & chemo. Instead of giving a prognosis on how long she would live, the doctor said how many treatments she would probably survive. I did the math and it came out to be about a year. I remember smoking a cigarette in the garage and being really upset.

I was at the beach, and over the water was a huge, angel-shaped cloud that was glowing gold as if the sun was behind it. In the middle of it was a tower like the Empire State Building that reached far into the sky. There were fireworks shooting from the top of it like when the Times Square ball drops on New Year's eve. Even though it was tall and far away, I could somehow see people leaning out of the upper windows and cheering.

(This is a combination of two recurring dreams that I have: The "ex-girlfriend's apartment" one and the "creepy closet" one...)

I had to go clean out a guest room on the 2nd floor of someone's house where I had apparently lived with my ex-girlfriend that I was with about 15 years ago. I knew that I had some old boxes there but couldn't remember what was in them, and for some reason I was afraid to look. When I did, it just looked like old magazines and books or something.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I had a dream that i was wrestling very, very intensely (almost to death) with my sister while playing death metal.

Very bizarre.

Then a dream that my house was infested with rats.

Man, these were intense. I'm probably leaving out details because they were very vivid...

Nov 16-17, 2020: "Mute in 1700's, Self-Pitying in Modern Times"

(I had a bad stutter as a child, so this dream was extremely frustrating and realistic.)

I was living back around Colonial New England times and apparently part of George Washington's army. I was in a building that was like part courtroom, part apothecary and part restaurant. We were ordered to march up through Canada in mid-winter and I knew that we didn't have enough provisions to survive it. I kept on trying to warn everybody but couldn't get the words to come out of my mouth.

I got my hands on a bunch of modern fast food sandwiches somehow and wanted to share some but feared that they would all get taken from me, so I tried to hide them. We still didn't have any proper clothing or medicine and I wanted them to wait for me to gather up some more supplies. People started to make fun of my speech, so I blamed it on my asthma for lack of any better explanation.

(I woke myself up trying to mutter, "Iii haaave aaasthma!" out loud.)

My dad was in his old room across the hall, doing drugs and fooling around with two young women. I had just prepared a bunch of Indian food for myself, but my mom took it all to share with an Indian couple who were getting married because that was apparently the custom.

I got upset and said, "Everyone has a life except me!". She said, "I don't have any life either; all I ever do is work.". I realized that I was just feeling sorry for myself and said something like, "I'm sorry; I'm just jealous. I chose to be alone.". She told me not to envy my dad because those girls were just using him for drugs.

I was trying to leave for the supermarket to pick up more Indian food for myself, but kept getting stuck doing other things along the way. I somehow ended up in a boardroom meeting where a young executive had just been fired and his immediate supervisor was really upset about it because the orders had come from higher up.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I don't remember any dreams from last night, but this is from the night before...

Nov, 17-18, 2020 "Parents Ruining my Vacation"

I was on vacation somewhere (an island, I think) and realized that I hadn't booked a hotel room. I walked into what I thought was the lobby of one, but ended up in some other customer's room by mistake. I quickly apologized and left.

My parents came down and started to tag along with me, but they didn't seem to be getting along very well and started to bicker. We all went into a partly-Asian supermarket and I found a large block of whipped butter and/or cream that looked really good, but my mother wouldn't let me buy it because it didn't look sanitary.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

If you knew my mom, you would really understand how out-of-character this was for her...

Nov 23-24, 2020: "Trashy Mom"

I was at some bar and my mom walked in. She looked like she was in her 20's or 30's and was wearing a slinky gray dress. She was drinking either a glass of champagne or a martini and smoking a cigarette from a cig holder. (She was never a drinker or smoker in real life.) She reminded me of Alexis from "Dynasty" (Joan Collins) except with blonde hair. She didn't seem to recognize me as her son and was acting almost flirtatious with me, which needless to say was very disturbing!

Nov 24-25, 2020: "Drive-thru Train, Etc."

I was working at the drive-thru of a fast food restaurant that was on a moving train. It was my first day and I felt as though had no clue what I was doing. There was one girl working with me but she was too busy to really help me. I told my boss that I was quitting but she wanted me to stay and get promoted, because apparently I was doing better than I thought. It ended with me standing in my kitchen rehearsing a speech that I was going to give to my staff, and I felt empowered for the first time in a while. (This was very realistic because I used to be confident in the work environment and had some really good jobs, but started to lose faith in myself after a couple of bad experiences.)

I was at a local baseball field that was partly indoors somehow. I had a huge aluminum baseball bat (*insert Freudian joke here*) and a softball, and I wanted to hit it but I was afraid of breaking a window.

I found some book that contained an overhead photo of me with my parents in our old front yard from the early 1970's, and I was trying to figure out how they took it.

I was watching someone skydiving from a tall building and it looked like fun, but I knew that I'd never actually have the nerve to do it.

I sat down to write a free-form poem in the style of Charles Bukowski.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Man, my dreams have been really bizarre lately...

Nov 25-26, 2020: "Psych Ward Office"

I was in an office building with some of the patients from "Anyplace But Here" (a 1979 documentary about life in a psychiatric facility). I couldn't seem to figure out if I was working there, living there or just visiting. The computers were really old, like ones from the early 1980's. There was a bunch of McDonald's food just lying around so I kept eating it but couldn't get full, then started to worry that maybe I should have left more for the others. Some of them were snorting what I think was meth. One of the patients had a really cute lion cub, and I wanted to pet it but was afraid to.

Nov 26-27, 2020: "Freaking Out at Work/Cirrhosis Hands/Police Standoff"

I was working at what was a combination of my therapist's office and a fast food restaurant. There was a big 30 gallon plastic trash bag full of raw meat that got splattered all over everything, and I just couldn't clean it up no matter how hard I tried. I started to lose my temper and throw it around everywhere, then I heard my co-workers talking about me and saying that I was psychotic.

My therapist/boss called me into the office and I thought that I was going to get fired, but he was more concerned about my own state of mind. I kept on apologizing to him and the other employees repeatedly, but I could tell that they were irritated and freaked out by me. I was so embarrassed that I planned on just leaving and never coming back.

I had to cut up some really hard-scaled fish and my hands started to bleed. At first I thought that it was normal but I couldn't get the bleeding to stop. I started to worry that my blood wouldn't clot because I had gotten cirrhosis of the liver from all my years of drinking. I thought/hoped that I was just dreaming and tried to wake myself up, but I couldn't so I assumed that it was really happening.

When I was leaving, there was a police standoff in the parking lot with some guys who had guns. I got face-down on the asphalt, afraid of getting caught in the crossfire.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

My latest (mostly frustrating) dreams...

Nov 27-28, 2020: "Mean Girls, Mall, Cousin"

I visited the town where I lived in my mid/late teens and ran into one of the girls that used to make fun of me. I was in fairly good shape like I am now and wearing a Gold's Gym tank top. I felt confident but when I tried talking to her, the words wouldn't come out right (I used to stutter). Then I had a false memory of seeing her & her friends the year before, looking really bad and being ridiculed. I looked down and I was a 98 lb. weakling again!

I went to an Italian restaurant at the mall with my parents and ordered a pizza margherita with fresh garlic, then ate two of my mom's clams on the half shell by mistake. I suddenly remembered that I'm vegan and don't eat shellfish or cheese. Then I realized that I wasn't wearing my COVID mask and quickly left.

I went to my female cousin's house and saw what looked like her two dogs that passed away some years ago. She said that the beagle was actually the daughter of her old one, and I'm not sure about the boxer. She told me that she was micro-dosing psilocybin mushrooms for her migraines, which surprised me because she doesn't smoke, drink or take any drugs in real life.

Nov 28-29, 2020: "Store Restaurant Job, Mom Finding My Drugs"

I was working late at a store/restaurant and had to be back in early for my next shift, but I still had a lot more to do before I could leave. We got a delivery of donkey meat to make a dish called "Backgammon Jackass"! I got frostbite on my fingertips from the walk-in freezer. A goth girl who was a computer programmer there found a song that I had created on the PC. It was creepy and contained a sample of an alarm with a female voice saying something like, "Danger, danger, please evacuate the building!". I had a vial of codeine tablets in my pocket but wasn't sure if I wanted to take any or not.

My mom searched my room and found an old opioid pill container in my dresser. She gave me a hard time about it and also told my dad. I was furious that she went through my things and started punching the kitchen wall. I was screaming at her but it came out garbled (like when I'm trying to talk out loud in my sleep) and she thought that I was drunk or high on something, which made me even angrier.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I forgot to post these dreams from the other night...

Nov 29-30, 2020: "Shopping Mall/Walmart"

I went to the local mall with my parents. There was a huge Olympic-sized swimming pool in the middle and I dove deep to do some cool underwater flips. There were a bunch of snack kiosks on the main floor and I looked for some vegan snacks. Most of them had either milk chocolate or gelatin (gummy candies) so I couldn't eat them. I found a nut bar but it was $19.50 so I didn't want to pay that much. They had a game that was like a batting cage but the ball was thrown from behind me. When I hit it, I had to run and slide down an icy surface that led to the parking lot. I went to the mens' room but it was covered in poop so I didn't use it.

I ended up at Walmart with my parents. One of the aisles looked like the sandy pathway to a beach, and there was a cobra trying to attack me. I found a bunch of coins in a cubicle in one of the aisles including half dollars and silver dollars, but I was afraid of getting in trouble for taking them so I didn't. I bought a bottle of Benadryl pills because we didn't have any in the house.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Okay, this one is super weird. Cause tonight I damaged my main vein

But I saw a dream in which somebody explained to me that body produces new veins when it needs to.

I had this dream a while back but I'll share it because it was really memorable and also pretty traumatic, I don't usually bother to record my dreams these days but as soon as I woke up I was like HOLY SHIT. Better write this down!

Excuse the possibly vaguely racist undertones, I can't control what my mind serves up, as some elements of this dream definitely have a kind of reverse-colonialism type vibe and there are some racial stereotypes. Hopefully that's more of a reflection of cultural influences rather than some kind of subconscious prejudice, although I guess it could be a bit of both, the former probably induces the latter even in the best of us.

Anyway... so the dream starts out I'm wandering around a major city near where I live. There is this gym that I used to go to, and some people I used to know from those days, but there is some kind of work being done on it and to actually get in it's going to be necessary to climb up some scaffolding that doesn't really look safe. Some people are trying to convince me to go in but I am really not feeling like it and secretly decide to sneak away when I can. For some reason there is some kind of large festival or gathering going on in the same general area, and it is occasionally raining, so at some point I meet this group of very overweight people who are also planning to sneak away. This entire time also I am wearing really thick coke-bottle Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys style glasses - I haven't worn glasses for probably over 10 years after getting LASIK but I did when I was younger and was really insecure about it, although they weren't as caricature-esque as these ones were. For some reason also one of the first things I'd talk about to almost everyone I met was how bad my eyesight was. Just before I started to leave this weird gathering of indeterminate purpose which was strangely in the vicinity of a gym undergoing some kind of renovation, I encountered a large muscular black and possibly slightly Arabic homosexual man who was initially weirdly overfriendly. Then at some point he tried to kiss me and I pushed him away, but for some reason I was really weak and made a pretty pathetic effort. He looked kind of annoyed but left and I continued to sneak out with the crew of fat losers I'd attached myself to, excuse the fairly judgemental language but, that was what was in my head.

At this point there's a sudden dream scene shift and I'm walking down a pavement within some kind of large courtyard surrounded by high buildings. I realise I am being lead towards some kind of small dark looking doorway to some kind of bungalow vaguely in the middle of this courtyard, and I am also dressed up like a penguin, and have a small monkey of some kind perched on my arm. I am being lead by the same guy whose unwelcome advances I rebuffed earlier. I can't remember exactly what he said but it was something sinister implying I'd been drugged and was about to be raped or something. I started to turn around to escape but the monkey sitting on my arm started growling. Even though it was a very small monkey, I understood it to be very dangerous, and that it would attack me if I made any sudden movements. So I started walking very very slowly while I thought about what to do. Fortunately at that point some kind of weird bus which was empty except for 2 guys dressed in completely white suits started approaching slowly down the road. I stopped and started to say "help...! help...!" very very quietly under my voice as they approached. The bus stopped and they got off - I understood that they were staff in this place, which I now understood to be the embassy of some nameless and apparently fairly lawless African nation, but I could tell they were not really taking me seriously and thought that this was some kind of prank and I was also some kind of hired entertainment, which obviously, even in the context of the dream, was probably understandable. I could tell however that my captor was getting uncomfortable while these 2 guys hung around, and at some point, for some indeterminate reason, the monkey climbed off my arm and I seized the opportunity to jump onto the idling bus and make my escape. While I was turning it round and speeding back down the road towards a building which I somehow understood to be the entrance and exit from this place, the bus turned into a bicycle.

I initially made a slight wrong turning on these roads and turned back a short distance but fortunately no-one seemed to be following me. At this point it was nighttime, and I got off the bike and went into this building which was some kind of entrance bar/club inside, although no-one was there. I crossed the empty club to the final door to the outside world, which unfortunately was locked, but I was able to force it open and exited onto a large, wide driveway which sloped upwards. The surface of the slope was really slippery, and in order to make progress, I had to walk very slowly and carefully. At some point, when I could see the final barrier which somehow I understand to be the "border" between this bizarre sovereign territory and my home country - which, in actual fact, was just a barrier made out of rope - an alarm started sounding. I made it to the rope barrier however and initially tried to squeeze through but was not able to - I was eventually able to vault over it (it was not that high) just as some kind of police force from this insane embassy were running towards me.

As soon as I was just outside the barrier everyone pursuing me seemed to give up and were just kind of standing around on the other side of it. For some reason there was some kind of pub quite nearby, where everyone inside seemed to inexplicably already know who I was and have heard about some kind of kidnap. The clientele were split between people who were either friendly to this nameless nation and kind of passive aggressively annoyed at me for escaping and causing some kind of PR disaster, and those who were sympathetic to my plight. I borrowed a phone from someone in the latter group and called the local law enforcement agencies. For some reason at this point I found my voice didn't work properly, I was having a really hard time properly communicating or getting words out, which I attributed to the residual aftereffects of whatever drug I had been given which caused the memory gap from earlier.

Finally they arrived - although for some reason, they didn't actually come and meet me, I had to go out and cross a major road to get into their car, which actually was a really retro vehicle again with some kind of weird bar inside like the inside of a limo. While I was crossing the road, a group of people came up to me and started asking me about what had happened and suddenly one of them realised his watch was missing and they all started arguing amongst themselves. While I was walking away, for some reason I checked my sleeve and found I had it - implausibly some kind of skilled thief had both stolen the watch from this person and planted it on me for some kind of nefarious purpose. I turned around, gave this guy his watch back and explained what happened, and then proceeded to this weird retro limo police vehicle.

Inside they asked me if I had taken anything myself - and I had a sudden twinge of uncertainty, realising I had taken both kratom and modafinil earlier in the day (not in the dream - I really did do this). I decided I would not tell them about this because it would influence the kidnapping case to the negative, could probably be unjustly used against me, etc. I was just telling them how I was having trouble communicating when suddenly I felt the need to take a deep breath - as I did so, my entire visual field turned white except for a single word in block capital black text in the middle - LYSERGIC. This flashed away just as quickly as it had come and I suddenly woke up lying in bed.

Honestly, this dream was damn traumatic even if it is pretty amusing looking back on. There are probably some very transparent messages that could be gleaned from this, although I won't bother to parse them now, and obviously some of it is just psychic noise. After this I immediately abstained from all psychoactive substances except caffeine for just over 2 weeks. Modafinil does occasionally give me weird stress dreams... but this was on another level.

My sleep has been scarce and erratic these past few nights so I don't remember having any dreams at all. I'm due for a good night!

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I finally had a couple of memorable dreams last night...

Dec 10-11, 2020: "Family Reunion, Looking For Benzos"

I was going to a family reunion that I think took place at some vacation resort, because I was staying in a hotel room. My dad was upset because some older lady (his old babysitter?) was going to be there and he didn't like her. An attractive woman that I used to work for was there and she gave me a big hug, which felt really good. I ended up back at my hotel room and realized that I had missed most of the party. I felt very disoriented and confused.

I was back at home and feeling anxious. I thought that I had some Ativan or Valium stashed away and looked everywhere for it, but every place (dresser drawers, souvenir boxes, etc.) just contained items like Christmas decorations and various collectables like old jewelry.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer