• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

‘It all seems like fun and games and a cheap $25 pill but it’s not worth it’

poledriver

Bluelighter
‘It all seems like fun and games and a cheap $25 pill but it’s not worth it’

JORDY Hurdes stares into the camera and bravely shows the world how taking ecstasy has destroyed his life.

The 20-year-old from Victoria almost died and now lives with a stutter and spasms that could stay with him forever after a reaction to party drugs — and admits “doctors can’t believe I’m still alive”.
“The party scene’s pretty big these days in Australia and so is ecstasy — also known as ‘pingas’ — as most of you would know it as,” he says in the shocking three minute video.

“I wanted to share my story about what happened. Look guys this isn’t for sympathy or anything its for awareness, it’s played a huge part in my life and affected my family and friends,” he struggles to say in the video.
Doctors treating him weren’t sure that he would survive.

“Doctors can’t believe I’m still alive — (I’m) so grateful I’m still here. It’s a waiting game at the moment to see whether I’ll have a permanent jerking like I have now — as you can see — and with my stutter I’m not sure whether it will go or get better any time soon.”

The spasms were exhausting and left him shattered at the end of each day.
Mr Hurdes message to the many Australians who use drugs like ecstasy each weekend was clear — this could happen to you too.

“Guys don’t get sucked in. It all seems like fun and games and a cheap $25 pill but it’s not worth it, if I have to live like this it will be a struggle for the rest of my life. Be the stronger person and say no to drugs.”
The video had been shared more than 6,000 times early this morning and drawn hundreds of comments from people who applauded his bravery.

Before he posted the video Mr Hurdes broke the news about what had happened to him in an emotional post alongside pictures of him in hospital.

“So as some of you may have seen I have been in hospital for the past few days. This isn’t a sympathy post, but a post of awareness,” he wrote.
“Going out and having fun is all good and well. And taking party drugs (pills, pingas, googs) seems like a fun option and you don’t think anything life changing could happen to you. Please please please don’t take the “cheaper fun” option, because you never know if it could happened to you.”

As confronting as his message was he was sharing “not for sympathy” but awareness and to save lives.

“If I can get this into at least a couple of people’s heads then I could have saved someone’s life.
I would also like to thank my amazing gorgeous friends for all the gifts and support to not only my self but my family, and for coming to visit me today and make the most of it. I love you all.
Feel free to share this post as I want as many people to see how a simple party drug can change someone’s life.”

Mr Hurdes believed he took ecstasy, although his post doesn’t say if this was confirmed by tests or not.
Ecstasy use among 20-to-39-year-old Australians has reached almost nearly one in four, while it appears the purity and availability of the drug are increasing.

In 2014, 89 per cent of ecstasy users surveyed in NSW said the drug was easy or very easy to obtain, up three per cent from the previous year.
Government campaigns have tried to warn the effects and toxicity of each pill are unpredictable, making overdose a real possibility

In November 2014 19-year-old Georgina Bartter died after an adverse reaction to ecstasy pill at the Harbourlife music festival.
At her funeral her uncle Scott Braid said it was a “split second” decision that sealed her fate.

“She did not take risks, this was not her character. A split-second decision has left us broken-hearted, devastated and bewildered.
“She did not want this. She did not deserve this.”

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he.../news-story/5e8ca9c8f8045fffd919da2a91edb039?

Someone could easily do what he did, though (in the sense of merely taking some drugs), and have a totally different experience. MDMA to me seems relatively safe, as far as drugs go, as long as you adhere to a few very simple precautions. It doesn't seem to be as addictive as certain other drugs either.

I don't know. Taking into account the fact that your substance use choices have potential consequences seems obvious to me, and the only people for whom that would be lost on would be very unintelligent people (I would guess). And I'm not sure that such people are really going to be affected by this type of campaign...but maybe I'm wrong.

I despise idiots like this bloke. Instead of spreading awareness they spread propaganda and fear.

Also, where are the tests to show that he actually ingested MDMA and not some random RC?

Lucky he didnt burn himself whilst boiling an egg or he would be calling for the elimination of chickens and boiling water

I remember when I used to abuse meth and xtc I would stammer a fair bit. However this was more to do with anxiety and me not being able to live with the guilt when talking to straight people or family in particular who are anti drugs and booze.

I feel bad for this guy and can understand his reaction. The truth, though, is that he is incredibly unlucky, simple as that. He wasn't doing anything terribly dangerous. Some people die eating peanuts. Others get their arms lopped off in boating accidents. Shit happens.

Someone who is apparently his Facebook friend posted that he was on a five day bender and took 18 pills, $300 worth of ketamine and $200 worth of speed. Pretty different than one $25 pill.

Interesting. If that's true then the dude is an idiot as mister said. Totally excessive.

As mister also mentioned it is a shame he didn't use the chance to tell others to be wiser and use a test kit and use in moderation, but if the FB screen shots are true then he doesn't appear to be a person who uses much in the way of good judgement.

jgTzHl1.png

8POlgSC.png

David 'E' Milsom =D

[video]https://www.facebook.com/SeanMichaelsComedian/videos/482558078581690/?pnref=story[/video]

Quite a good video about Jordan

lol...

"i'm a weed smoker.... I've OD'ed several times, once I slept the whole afternoon". =D

It's so tiring overall ... 8)

Be the stronger person and say no to drugs.
Be the more intelligent person and think a bit more about the things before you sound like a moron. Fuck the war on drugs & we wouldn't have to see all this shit ...

It's true that psychotics don't think a second about whether they're psychotic. And the weak ones don't think about if they're weak either.

Interesting. If that's true then the dude is an idiot as mister said. Totally excessive.

As mister also mentioned it is a shame he didn't use the chance to tell others to be wiser and use a test kit and use in moderation, but if the FB screen shots are true then he doesn't appear to be a person who uses much in the way of good judgement.

David 'E' Milsom =D

I really, really want to know if this is true. Check this dudes status out, pretty sure he's mostly done it for publicity but Jordy actually replied to it...

3Ktvkt.png

... and didn't deny it at all.

dPIkQu.png

It's all about the awareness guys.

This is why Australia will stay like this for some time! It goes to show that these laws don't do us any good

Is it true that the media manipulated what he said? I could see that happening in the states.

Yea, I knew something was off.

MDMA couldn't possibly mess someone up that badly, I guess anything is possible but I had a strong feeling that there was more to the story >.>

Is it true that the media manipulated what he said? I could see that happening in the states.

He's not denying the accusations that he had 18 pills, and a lot of the media stories say he only had one. I've been following a lot of the stuff about him on Facebook, and it's shitting the hell out of me. All the anti-drug types are running their mouths saying it doesn't matter whether he had 1 or 18 because just 1 could kill you anyway. That's because you don't know what the fuck is in them unless you use a test kit, which wouldn't be a problem if they were legal/regulated. And yes there is a fucking difference between 1 and 18 pills, especially over 5 days, because you're not meant to fucking abuse them as they're a hard drug with actual potential to damage your fucking brain if used improperly. Like, is that not common sense?

I mean, it just shows how ignorant the general public still is towards illegal drugs, and how they'd rather stick their heads in the sand than actually tackle the war on drugs in a sensible way. I understand a lot of them have had friends or family go skitz on drugs, or had bad reactions to drugs themselves, and now have a dark outlook on drug use as a whole. But as far as pure MDMA goes, it's one of the safest recreational drugs when used appropriately, and a lot of lives could have been saved if people were better informed about harm reduction and could easily source unadulterated pure MDMA. As far as I can see, the drug scene is only becoming larger and less subtle, and I can't see anyone who regularly takes pills in a safe manner and knows no-one who had a reaction like Jordan's seriously reconsider using MDMA once they find out how much he had. I sure as fuck haven't.

So yeah, at the end of the day this just gives the biased more reason to be biased. And another misrepresented horror story to refer to when people talk about legalization. Like correct me if I'm wrong or making something out of nothing, but it frustrates me how dumb people choose to be about drug issues.

Good post ^.

I hope the guy is doing ok, as reckless as it was I feel for the guy.

Good post ^.

I hope the guy is doing ok, as reckless as it was I feel for the guy.

Agreed. He's pretty lucky to have survived at all. You should see some of the shit people are posting on his Facebook though. Really nasty :/ among a lot more nice stuff of course.

All the anti-drug types are running their mouths saying it doesn't matter whether he had 1 or 18 because just 1 could kill you anyway.

Yeah, 1 or 18 litres of beer, doesn't matter. 1 or 18 cups of coffee, same thing. I feel like I lose millions of brain cells every time I read such shit.