• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[old] CD social V we've almost done it mates. #LegalizeIt

Status
Not open for further replies.
my break didn't work out

no surprise there

i'm tapering tho and i'm using a oil pen. green crack. it's done though :(. i'm squeezing all the juice i can i feel like a crack head.

on 7g kratom.

decreasing in 0.5g intervals then just gonna hop off at a low dose

it's just kratom right? no biggie:?

Keep tryin', brutha. Kratom's better than dope or pills (or that's what people say anyways.)

So I've been really diggin' this dude Hopsin's music lately. I haven't looked for any new stuff but I've been playing some older albums every day the past week. Anyone here fuck with him and know of any new good tracks/albums? You know, just to prevent searchin' on my own. For those who've never heard him:

NSFW:

Last edited:
What y'all think about freezing your weed for long-term storage? Pros and cons?

I'm worried it might ruin the flavor, but I'm having a tough time finding answers elsewhere on the internet. That could be the Xanax, though....

Regardless of my question, though, anybody on? How y'all fuckers doin' tonight?

Weed stays fine for years without refrigeration. I'm absolutely positive you've heard those news articles where they find several hundred year old weed that's still technically usable... Ie no mold or anything.

I'm thinking it should be fine in the freezer. Frozen material is really common for concentrates so I imagine it could just be smoked as well. Plus a lot of people keep hash in like a fridge or wine fridge, but with concentrates you have to let them return to room temp before opening the container otherwise you will get a lot of condensation.

Weed stays fine for years without refrigeration. I'm absolutely positive you've heard those news articles where they find several hundred year old weed that's still technically usable... Ie no mold or anything.

Well shit, you should be more careful about your absolute positivity. This was a random, bar-induced thought I had last night whilst solving hypothetical problems in my head.

I'm thinking it should be fine in the freezer. Frozen material is really common for concentrates so I imagine it could just be smoked as well. Plus a lot of people keep hash in like a fridge or wine fridge, but with concentrates you have to let them return to room temp before opening the container otherwise you will get a lot of condensation.

Sweet, man. For some reason I was thinking last night that putting bud in the freezer might make it harsh or unpleasant in some way when I would go to take some out for a session. idk, I wasn't thinking too clearly right before I randomly passed out last night playing Skyrim... Like, I legit just a moment ago woke up to my phone ringing and was surprised as shit to have to drop my PS4 controller to pick up the phone just to hear "Yerrrrrrrp, wake and bake?" Like.... who sleeps with both hands clutching their controller?! Fucking Xanax, man.... it'd be the best if it weren't a fuckin' elephant tranquilizer with the higher doses.

A lot of weed is stored in cold storage/freezers, seems to be a fairly common industry practice among large producers and distributors. Just watch have to protect against moisture. Also, if the product is already contaminated with mold spores it won't stop it only slow the spread.

Thanks for the input, Maf! It's good to see you around here, buddy, hope everything's going well for you still.

Well shit, you should be more careful about your absolute positivity. This was a random, bar-induced thought I had last night whilst solving hypothetical problems in my head.

You should take a break or something, you're so angry all the time.

You should take a break or something, you're so angry all the time.

You don't ever stop with the assumptions, eh?

I'm in the best mood I've been in in a long time. If you're upset with the tone, keep in mind that I'm not particularly fond of people that speak in absolutes like they're the Wise Man when in reality you were misinterpreting a drug-fueled thought process catalyzed by nothing more than a wandering mind.

"News articles" about freezing weed, lmao, the fuck.... Even if they exist I don't think it likely I'd be spending my time on that when I can ask the fine folks here about their personal experiences with something so trivial yet, for my own questioning purposes, specific enough that Google was a pain.

but still, though, I thought I was friendly about it. That's why I took the time to write a second sentence to explain why I wrote the first in that initial post.

We're still buds, man, but fuck it gets annoying having to explain shit like this just to keep panties unwadded.

[EDIT: but in quick re-reading it's possible you may've just mentioned that news article thing as a throwaway tangent related to how weed stays fresh and I thought it was more like "Ha, you're a moron for reading those things"-kind of deal. If I misinterpreted then I'm sorry for the hypocrisy, dude, but yeah, maybe I should take a break because it's the Xanax for sure right now. But (and this is the addict in me) I'll only get 10 at a time every two or three months, though. Only use 'em at the house and on walks to smoke joints, but I definitely binge the 10 over 8-10 days and then go without for a couple months. But yeah, breaks are essential with this shit.]

Last edited:
'preciate it, leet, but even I know I have my moments where it's like a switch flips on my personality.

I don't want to get it diagnosed, though. Just Generalized Anxiety Disorder fucked me over with doctors as a kid, I don't need any other medical terms following me around...

I wasn't making fun of you or anything, I was just saying I bet freezing/refrigeration isn't even necessary because I remember reading a bunch of articles in the distant past when they dug up ancient weed and it was still technically usable. I just figured you had seen them too because I heard a lot of people talk about them and I remember seeing multiple articles about that.

https://www.ancient-origins.net/art...old-marijuana-stash-found-shaman-grave-021722 This article has its own main story and mentions that it happens a lot that they find ancient weed that appears to technically have nothing wrong with it. Not that refrigeration wouldn't probably be better, just that weed can survive forever without it in the right atmosphere.

That's actually really cool.

My main goal here with the freezing wasn't preservation, though. I'm trying to reduce the smell of fresh weed without reducing it's potency as well, and I just can't figure out anything that I'm confident enough to waste an ounce or two on in order to try out.

I had the idea that maybe if I froze an ounce of some extremely pungent sour diesel for a week or two and then let it slowly come back to room temperature, the smell might be reduced. I can't tell you why I was thinking that, but it seemed like a possibility and I wanted to come and ask youse guys about it.

That's actually really cool.

My main goal here with the freezing wasn't preservation, though. I'm trying to reduce the smell of fresh weed without reducing it's potency as well, and I just can't figure out anything that I'm confident enough to waste an ounce or two on in order to try out.

I had the idea that maybe if I froze an ounce of some extremely pungent sour diesel for a week or two and then let it slowly come back to room temperature, the smell might be reduced. I can't tell you why I was thinking that, but it seemed like a possibility and I wanted to come and ask youse guys about it.

I could be wrong, but I've assumed that a lot of the smell is essentially generated by terpenes evaporating, which is why the smell will eventually "die off" if left out in the open, and why the smell is usually more intense during the summer heat. Also would make sense as to why cold storage seems to reduce the smell.

Vacuum sealers are a pretty good investment if you are storing a lot of weed. 2-3 vacuum sealed vacuum bags, then in the freezer and you shouldn't have any worry about smell and should be well preserved for 6+ months so long as no mold/rot.

Duuuuude, I feel like me and you are often on the same page. I literally ordered a vacuum seal jar yesterday off of Amazon and it should be here tomorrow but may get delayed to Tuesday. It's advertised to hold 30g-45g of "aromatic herbs", has a button you have to press to vacuum seal it shut and then you have to press the button again to break the seal and allow air in to let you open it up. It had pretty decent reviews (out of like ~460 reviews I think it averaged a 4.3/5 star rating) so I have high hopes.

I also got some smell-proof doob tubes and a carry pouch for 'em as an add-on, lol. I'm always wastin' money on Amazon when it's rainy and snowy.

My space bags are dope but I've been thinking about upgrading to vac-sealed. I'm also playing with the idea of getting my Maryland medical card because it looks like my wax access might have dried up already and I just can't have that. No sir, no sir, can't have that at all....

never really been a fan of the jars. If they work, they wear out pretty quickly from the ones I've seen, and the vacuum cant really compare to something like a foodsaver with freezer bags. You can cut up and customize the bags to 8th sized bags, then pop a bunch of those in bigger bags or leave as is. If you're constantly breaking the vacuum, then I don't really see how it holds advantage over a regular jar. At least for me, if it's in a jar I'm going to smoke it long before it goes bad.

amazon is a great place to find 99% iso as well, much cheaper to order by the gallon as well compared to buying 8-16oz from pharmacies

Always cured in mason jars, whatever weed I have. Open once a day, I like pot drier than most.

I like to scale out what I want to smoke for the day, then keep it in a tiny canister meant for kief.

Every time it's opened terpenes are lost. I don't think it's a big deal so long as you are still not doing the single plastic baggie thing... if I store it that way, I wrap my ounce up in 4 or 5 ziplock with air squeezed out of them.

Don't want those trichomes to degrade at all being a fiend and all.

Anybody tried the strain ace of spades before? Don't know anything about it but it's top shelf today and not much more costly.
Their powerplant surprised me, amazing strain for the price but this should be way stronger. Didn't look like anything special, sort of like Deadhead OG until you break it up that is then there is nothing but bright colours and cake. Nice to see pot with bright orange, different shades of green from light to dark, a little yellow... the worst is if you get pot that looks good like that but ends up being dogshit man.

Yeah regular mason jars are the shit for storing weed, works for moderately long term storage as well, provided the jars are kept out of light and heat, and aren't constantly reopened. Burping weed once it has been cured properly is unnecessary, so if you're looking to store it for 3-6+ months, bagging it up and sticking it in the freezer is probably the best option that's readily available to most everyone. Nitrogen purge is another somewhat common method.

I just dabbed my last little bit of shatter and distilette. The fact that I got a bunch of shit done today and only dabbed a tiny bit this morning is helping me feel it real nice.
Thinking of getting some ethanol shatter from this shop. Read some reviews comparing that specific brand compared to the brand of co2 shatter and distelete I get.

I've made cold wash iso shatter that turned out amazing before. I just threw a little bit of 15 or so different buds in there. The flavor turned out amazing; really rich and full of terpenes. It was on par with some bho I had that was made by the same person who grew the plants who also just threw a bunch of plants in it

Status
Not open for further replies.