• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

spot the bluelighter from their voice v. 4.0

sorry. life getting in the way and all that. i like the idea, jess. i'll reveal a couple a day until we're done, cool?

here are the first two:

01 animal_cookie
02 d's

alasdair

I would not (and do not) know any of them. However, somebody has a slight country accent hehe

Well I've got none right so far

Hope my Australian & S. African accent recognition system was working & I gain some points later

Jess do you know which one is mine?
You said you would recognize a South African accent?

I'm almost completely positive I know which ones yours. But I haven't wanted to guess because soon as I guess a number it tells everyone else that however unlikely it was, that number can't be me. :)

But, since absolutely everyone so far has made the same guess on this one as I have. I'm almost positive you're number 12. :)

Lets see shall we? :) :)
Damn I should have tried to talk with an accent

South African English is such an odd accent. To my ear it seems very similar to Australian and new Zealanders.

When I got around to listening to all the voices and trying to work out who's who, I wrote down notes on a piece of paper so I could easily recheck my impressions later. For number 12 it says...

412 F Australian or NZ? South African, it's BTS.

I'd initially forgotten that there was going to be a South African accent somewhere in the mix. So that I picked it up without trying to hear it or find it gives me hope that I'm right and not imagining it.

Lol me too, should've done a French one...

Sacre bleu

I've always thought it was similar to Dutch English honestly... Which makes sense considering the origins of afrikaans.

Nah. Sounds like most people found this game very hard already without adding in false accents. Plus, it's interesting hearing what people's natural accents are. I think mine has thrown a few people off.

It seems that everyone got it right.
TBH though I really didnt think I had an accent I thought we all sounded very neutral

You are all so clever :)

It seems that everyone got it right.
TBH though I really didnt think I had an accent I thought we all sounded very neutral

You are all so clever :)

To be fair, you were at a huge disadvantage as far as not being identified goes. You're the only South African on the list. And even if South African sounds similar to Australian or New Zealander, to my ears there's only 1 such female accent among the clips, presumably zephyr.

Yours was always likely to be correctly identified. :) <3