• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

spot the bluelighter from their voice v. 4.0

is shambles in this? or is it the list above + Sadie?

sorry. the final list (in alphabetical order) is:

aihfl
animal_cookie
behindtheshadow
bptubbs
d's
herbavore
jessfr
sadie
shambles
toothpastedog
white_rose
xorkoth
zephyr

alasdair

I'm guessing based purely on past posts I've read & snippets of memory of posters origins (& by the way, it's really fucking hard to listen & look at the list & think & base guesses on people whose posts I'm more familiar with & the voices I didn't guess, I ran out of steam for, sorry)

No 2: bptubbs
No 5 - Herby
No 6: Ds
No 7 - Zeph
No 8 : No idea, but great narrator
No 9 - Shambles (lazily based only on the male British accent, & not being aware of any other Brit males on the list)
No 11: Dunno, but like your voice
12: Bts
13: Sadie

This has been quite the exhausting task - I'll record my voice next time

Last edited:
How are we supposed to vote on these? I know at least which one is mine, but...

I'm not sure if I should give it away by posting it here, deceive people as to which is my voice by posting here, or just pm my guesses to Ali?

^ That's a good question. We know our own voices, and there's no one on that list I have spoken to in person, so how can we keep from giving ourselves away?

Oh shit this is harder than I thought but 10 think is toothpaste dog wow. Shit. This is hard

I didn't see if this was made clear anytime before now, but presumably people on the list should avoid making too many guesses of their own. I mean, we only know which ones ours, but soon as a guess is made that guess is excluded for everyone else.

You could do it partially by requesting that people on the list only make guesses for voices of the opposite gender, since they're already excluded it shouldn't provide any revealing information.

This is hard, but no giving yourselves away lol! That would surely defeat the purpose ;)

My more certain guesses so far:

07 - Zephyr
09 - Shambles
10 - White_Rose
12 - Lady Bits
13 - Sadie (or maybe 03)

A few others I'm gonna listen to a bit more first before settling on a name....

Last edited:
people could bluff by picking another bluelighter for their own voice :)

#balderdash

alasdair

Are we allowed to tell people they're wrong?

Is that in itself indication that people who guessed you were wrong? Or is that in itself a bluff following alasdairs comment?

This is fun. :)

I'm liking the potential for bluff bluffing ;)

I think it funny that BPH also suspects 02 is bptubbs. That was my first thought (I was thinking young sounding). But the more I listen to the voices, the less certain I am (except 7, 9, 10 and 12 which are very likely correct imo). I assumed JessFR would sound a bit Aussie, but I can't hear anyone else with a trace of Australian. I thought Sadie might be 3 because it's a little bit Southern (maybe) with some words that sound British. Or maybe that's animal_cookie.... this is tough!!!

Btw Sadie, I've been meaning to talk to you about that thing - will call later! =D

Im thinking #1 is jess, thinking Sadie is #3... this is rather difficult.

Btw Sadie, I've been meaning to talk to you about that thing - will call later! =D

Dammit, I got really happy there for a minute then I remembered that I don't have friends then I got really sad.

It's funny hearing peoples guesses.

Dammit, I got really happy there for a minute then I remembered that I don't have friends then I got really sad.

It's funny hearing peoples guesses.

Especially when you know they're wrong. I actually haven't gotten around to listening to them all yet. So far I've mostly only listened to ones people have specifically mentioned.

I find it a little odd that it seems like so far people have mostly made guesses on the female voices.

EDIT: I assume if contributors shouldn't be making guesses, then it would be OK for contributors to share with each other who's who?

I'm still a little unclear how this is all supposed to work. Though one thought I had about how to maximize the interest and fun, would be in a few days for alasdair to randomly reveal one person, then keep revealing a random person once every day or so. That way hopefully it'll help retain people's interest, and people can revise their guesses and make comments as the list is slowly revealed. Just an idea for how to proceed from here that seemed cool to me.

Last edited:
EDIT: I assume if contributors shouldn't be making guesses, then it would be OK for contributors to share with each other who's who?
contributors can guess but it might be nice if they waited until a few others have posted their guesses, no?

I'm still a little unclear how this is all supposed to work.
it's just supposed to be a bit of light fun.

Though one thought I had about how to maximize the interest and fun, would be in a few days for alasdair to randomly reveal one person, then keep revealing a random person once every day or so. That way hopefully it'll help retain people's interest, and people can revise their guesses and make comments as the list is slowly revealed. Just an idea for how to proceed from here that seemed cool to me.
i hadn't thought of that. maybe.

alasdair