• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Got some robitussin

Inds

Bluelighter
Hi guys, in the last thread I asked about Nyquil but there was too much tylenol in it and I was told to get robitussin instead for the DXM. Ingredients:

per 5mL
Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 15mg
Guafenesin 200mg

Is this safe?

You should have done a little more research before purchasing my friend. The primary issue is that you are wanting to experience Dextromethorphan, but you've gotten a product with other unwanted substances in it. Guaifenesin has nothing to do with the dissociative anesthetic effects of Dextromethorphan and in fact, often contribute to what users might describe as a "difficult experience". This is because the above drug is known to cause side effects ranging from nausea, to vomiting, to general malaise, even in lower dosages. Now, if you're taking several times the recommended dosage, it can easily make you sick and uncomfortable.

If you're looking to just take a little DXM to help you sleep or something, I would say you're fine. However, if you're looking for a true dissociate trip, you need to go and acquire a product that contains only DXM. They have bottles of liquid capsules in the United States that contain only 15mg DXM and they are the choice for most people who know what they're doing with DXM. I would really recommend acquiring a sole DXM product and not a combination product like this or Nyquil, which contains a bunch of other nasty shit.

I apologize for the brief foray into mild sourcing, but I thought it was in context with helping the OP.

Ok thanks, I got some Robitussin with only DXT as the main ingredient. What is a good dose to take? I'm interested in taking it slow at first to see if it's for me at all.

Interestingly, the dissociative effects of Dextromethorphan are often broken up into what they call plateaus. It's not necessarily linear, I guess is the point. There are differing levels with differing effects. I'm going to include a link to Erowid's DXM FAQ. It's definitely going to be the resource you need. It's going to give you a fairly accurate picture of how much Dextromethorphan to take to get certain effects. It's by no means absolute, but it's a good place to start. It's going to tell you how much DXM to take based upon your weight. If you have any questions, let us know.

https://erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_experience.shtml

Be super careful about DXM. It is highly addictive and two of my friends who wanted to experiment, on one New Years eve two of my friend's friends at a party drank some Rubitussin. I can't spell that word to save my life, sorry, not the best speller. Anyway one projectile vomited blood and later had to go to the hospital because he couldn't communicate. He was pale and very out of it. The other started puking and every fifteen minutes like clockwork he'd have a major hurl attack and he was practically choking on the shit. He had a mild seizure. This is not something to play with.

Be super careful about DXM. It is highly addictive and two of my friends who wanted to experiment, on one New Years eve two of my friend's friends at a party drank some Rubitussin. I can't spell that word to save my life, sorry, not the best speller. Anyway one projectile vomited blood and later had to go to the hospital because he couldn't communicate. He was pale and very out of it. The other started puking and every fifteen minutes like clockwork he'd have a major hurl attack and he was practically choking on the shit. He had a mild seizure. This is not something to play with.

Calling DXM "highly addictive" is pretty misleading.

^Agreed. I think if anyone were to make a comment regarding the popularity or, rather, addictiveness of DXM, you could at best say that is operates in a "niche" market. This isn't even noting the fact that many people probably only use DXM because it is a readily available, OTC product and/or due to its extensive use as a cough-suppresant leading to it being found in many medicine cabinets from the start.

I feel that if you were to do a survey of drug users, you would find very few people actually addicted to DXM in this sense. I've actually only heard of a few cases of strict addiction to only DXM.

Also, the side-effects that were described above are really not typical of DXM intoxication. You should not be throwing up blood. It sounds like, if DXM was actually the main agent at play, that they had ingested a massive, massive overdose.

lol that shit about vomiting blood makes me scared to do it at all now. Thanks a lot, shithead. :D
I'll read the FAQ when I am rested. Hopefully this stuff isn't like E where it does nothing at 99mg but has you flying at 100.

Just be careful and pace yourself man. Everyone reacts to it differently. Some get really addicted and some do not. Each person's tolerance varies by a lot too. Not trying to make anyone mad here. Keep it cool %)

Im one who got psychology dependent on dxm as a teenager. With ever increasing daily doses leading to a 2900mg experience that landed me in the hospital.

I was in my home and had some sort of mental break. (most likely from daily dosing not the single high dose)

I had no clue where i was or who any of my family members were. An almost alien abduction like experience. 911 was called and i was put on ativan until i came down.

Because it is. Simple as that. ;)

No it's not, and this is coming from someone who's been psychologically addicted to it in the past. I'm not saying it's not possible to get addicted to it, it surely is, but if you ranked recreational psychoactive substances in order based on the percentage of people who used it who then developed an addiction to it, it would rank quite low on that list. So calling it highly addictive is very inaccurate. You are wrong.

Alright well I didn't want to turn this into a debate. I even said earlier I'm not trying to piss anyone off. Just stating my opinion. Can't do that anywhere without getting attacked and dismembered. I'm done with this thread. Good day.

Alright well I didn't want to turn this into a debate. I even said earlier I'm not trying to piss anyone off. Just stating my opinion. Can't do that anywhere without getting attacked and dismembered. I'm done with this thread. Good day.

I never attacked nor am I mad. I was simply pointing out an inaccuracy.

I'm sorry just having a shitty day. Didn't mean to snap at you. I'm working one of those jobs where people leave me angry emails all the time and chew me out over the phone and I've already had like eight people bitch me out this morning. Working on getting a better job but for now this pays the bills.

I recently tried dxm again. first time i drank a whole bottle of robitussin 30mg dxm per 5ml so 540mg and i tripped the fuck out. Its been about 2 months since I tried it and i took a break cause it stopped working. I just drank a whole bottle and nothing. No trip. Barley a high. Just threw up and drank it for no reason.. any way I can get it back? I miss the high it was pretty cool

A good way to experience dxm is to aquire zofran or smoke pot with it. This will keep you from puking your guts out. The pot is good for two reasons but it is a different type of trip. It (can) keep you from puking but it also tapers off the intense effect of dxm, at lower plateus it is difficult to notice a trip it just feels like a really good high. At higher plateus on never slips out of reality and it can be easier to do things like walk and speak. The zofran 4to8mg will block off nausea receptors in brain and is just good to have around for really bad hang overs or an awesome way to get alcohal poisoning(lol).speaking of alcohal, mixing dx with it is called lean or purp.
It is enjoyable as well but you will not trip. Alcohal can actually be used to bring one down from a heavy trip if you need off cause its bad or you need to appear sober. A couple of beers will work. Benzos will also bring you back but be extremely careful. I havent tried many muscle rexants but baclofen and dx produce a very marshmellow kinda high. Since it relaxes muscles it is also easier to walk. The congestion med gaufstien will ruin the high....it is too fucks with the body pretty bad. It wobt kill you but not even zofran will keep that shit from making you feel like shit. Normally 400 to 600mg will fuck you up. If you do keep doing it the tolerance goes up pretty quick. It will still get you high but much of the really cool shit wont occur unless you go into danger amounts. Granted given body chemistry 600 might be that amount for you. Dont fuck with this shit if that matters to you. Generally speaking though 1500 and up at one time isnt somewhere you want to be. Despite what was said earlier the need to redose after taking a high does can be quite tempting especially after already doing so. Time can kind of run together so be careful to place an adaquate half life in between uses. Two many consecutive upper level trips can also lead to a phycotic break. These can last up to three days, if you are lucky they will go away. some people end up in hospital for a stay.
Why dxm? It is readily available and fairly cheap if you do not mind stealing it. Otherwise it can be a rather expensive habit costing 6 to eight dollars for 350mg 4oz sryup or 20 15mg pills (300)
That can put you from 60 to 100 dollars a week if you just cant keep away from the shit.
Ketamine is a far greater experience in a way but nothing in my opinion compares to the mortality trip one gets with dxm. I have not tried dxt but i have read it is a tremendous high as well.
When i am on dxm my mind contemplates the origins of the human soul, religion,the nature of God and man....
I also experience the "third eye phenoma"
At first it seems difficult to know if you are seeing the room or just remebering what the room looks like. The only way i really know my eyes are closed is to raise my arm in front of face and i will not be able to see it. Then there are times i see myself but i have no control over what i am doing. It is not a dream because i see and feel the effects such as leaving the room or drinking water.
The result of the action happens later as if i am seeing into the future. Granted that is difficult to believe. It also produces many scitsophrenic effects like hearing voices.
When listening to normal music the music slows down and the lyrics become distorted ....the sngers voice is not really recogizable guving the sense it is not really them. In bad trips i can hear my thoughts in the music. In really bad trips it feels like the music is taunting me....it makes fun of my thoughts and belittles me. The best music is phycotrance and lazers light machine. The lights will take you places and make you feel like you are on the ceiling and sometimes like really high up....like on the edge of a canyon.
My thoughts will also be projected across the room and seem to be comming at me from across the room. Again bad trips can mean it mocks me.
Sound can be a real issue.
Fans can become intolarable. Buzzing machines are horrible. Everything is amplified and the world seems to be occurring in wave cycles of increasing to decreasing volumes.
Also inanimate objects can appear to be talking especially ones that make sound like the fan etc.
Plants and tress etc can also seem life like.
The other day i was hearing two seperate voices arguing about how ti get my attention because they wanted to leave the room and then i realized my cats were in the room wanting out. I'll just leave that there without further comment.
I also see objects floating around in the room. Almost like jellyfish.....if i try to focus on something a translucent shape of the object will seep out and float across the room to me. Sometimes it breaks up other times it sort of transforms into a weird lifelike shape and seems to be observing me. Other times it forms a see though screen from which i can see videos ....like watching tv. I havent figured out how to choose what is being played and nor does it last very long.
There will also be an amazing sense that the whole thing is just fake. Like you are in one of those induced hullucenations and you are being tested....not just for the moment but your entire memory of life is fake and just an implanted memory that could have only been presented for as long as you have been on the trip. Many times the voices hint at that reality abd tease me about not being able to figure it out....the voices can be quite cruel.
I also hear people talking about me...even they are far away and i can barely hear them they sometimez seem to be plotting against me.
In short, dxm will fry your brain but if that isnt something you care about then it is an intresting choice of drugs. It also makes you empathic as fuck, almost to annoying levels and even after you come down.
Oh yeah....you will not be able to bust a nut.
Its not like whiskey dick or using opiod.
The hardness is present along with the desire and feelin but nothing except time will help.
Sense the feeling does not go away and senses like sound and vision are somewhat enhanced one can easily do things like masterbate for hours and hours. Be prepared to and have lube cause you can hurt yourself.
Be careful and may the force be with you

Last edited:
LMAO Guafesin will make you puke your brains out in high doses make sure you get a medicine with no acetaminophen, Guafesin, sorbitol, or Phelyphidrine as these in high doses will make you puke, die, or both. Take 150 mg of dxm on your first time because if you take more you might have an uncomfortable intense trip