• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Got some robitussin

It's important to note if you are deficient in the enzyme that metabolizes dxm then you could be in for a very unexpected experience even at a 1st or 2nd plateau common dosage. The FAQ mentions this but many people will not read all of it before jumping in with a 300 mg bottle.

Nevermind...this is another old thread that popped up from the grave so i guess you know if youre enzyme deficient or not by now.

Hey guys I drank 100mg 2 hours ago. It says on the bottle there's 3mg per mL so I drank 33mL to get 1.5 mg per KG for me. I don't really feel anything but something weird happened half an hour ago. I had diarrhea (no doubt caused by the DXM) and I made the biggest mess of my bathroom ever. Oddly, there was no pain or sharp drop in mood like usual. But while cleaning up I noticed my pupils were larger than normal in the mirror. They're back to normal now. Not sure if they were like that cuz of the drug or cuz I was freaking out (the shit sort of looked like blood). Also note I took 2mg lora 12 hours ago so maybe that helped keep me calm. I also took some tryptophan a while before the DXM which causes sedation. Right now I'm tired but oddly alert. Did the DXM I take undo the drowsy effects of the lorazepam and tryptophan?
comments welcome. never did DXM before till now

In highly doubt the two ativan from 12 hours ago are effecting anything. Not sure why you took the tryptophan, jor what your question is, exactly.

100 mgs. isn't that big of a dose. That's like a threshold effect dose, if that. If you haven't felt anything in 2 hours, you probably won't. Longest it ever took DXM to kick in for me was about an hour and a half, maybe an hour 45 mins and that was on a full stomach. Usually you'll start to feel it after 40 minutes to an hour.

I take tryptophan daily for manic depression.
RDP989, 2mg per KG next time then? Is DXM known to cause mydriasis?

Yeah, you took enough to dilate your pupils, though apperantly not enough to plateau; Never likes DXM myself, and really, body weight is a bit underrated- I have drank enough alcohol to incapacitate a room full of people, just to win a drinking contest-I think- and I was a bit lean, though very thin/ they videotaped me, those weirdos- a somewhat old thread, Keif was pretty much on point in his posts-pure DXM- and "addiction " is possible, albeit rare

Forget your weight unless your anemic-although DXM may just not be for you-the weight thing is for very large or very small people, trying first time (like curious teenagers)

I am small, I weigh a bit less than 150 lbs. But I'm not sure what your advice is. To not be cautious of my intake? Contrary to HR i'd think. I'm starting small because I do not intend to go above the 2nd plateu and I normally do not like psychedelics or stimulants in general. I have a tendency to overdo everything the first time because I'm so cynical that I expect everything I have to be bunk/not work. So I'm breaking that habit.

Be cautious, though at nearly 150, forget weight- up dose by 25-50% in a safe environment with a friend and go from there-or add an extra half mg per KG, which is like, 20 or 30mg? Just saying, I think Tobotrippin is reckless, if you do it do It right though-your a healthy weight, I wish I still weighed 140+

That's the thing, I do not trust even my closest friend to be around me when I'm in a vulnerable position. So when I can't trust my own senses, getting high can be a challenge. But that's the main reason I'm only aiming for the lower plateaus.
Yeah, I'll add an extra half mg per KG. How far should DXM trips be spaced out? Is one week alright? I'm a little skeptical of the drug altogether because I remember being irrationally alarmed at the mess I made in the bathroom, as if it was blood or something.
This increase in paranoia is a bad sign. Any suggestions what to do while on DXM? I plan to listen to music mostly, possibly with some cool lights.

your a healthy weight, I wish I still weighed 140+

Hey, being skinny is better than being a fatso, but it makes you more susceptible to accidentally overdose which I've done plenty of times.
At 6 foot, weighing 148 is a tad less than healthy IMO.

Well, I'm not an accomplished drunk am I? I took 2mg/kg this time (could be 2.5 as I redosed an hour later) and I felt nothing, could be because I took 2 loras beforehand. It gave me slight mydriasis but that's it.
Should I try same dose without lorazepam? Note that without it I'll probably be freaking out and anticipating a bad trip.

Well, I'm not an accomplished drunk am I? I took 2mg/kg this time (could be 2.5 as I redosed an hour later) and I felt nothing, could be because I took 2 loras beforehand. It gave me slight mydriasis but that's it.
Should I try same dose without lorazepam? Note that without it I'll probably be freaking out and anticipating a bad trip.

From my experience with DXM let me point out a few things:

1. No matter what you do you'll always feel nauseous on DXM. However, once you get past the nausea you'll forget about it and enjoy the high. I've heard a couple people say they took a Dramamine to help with the nausea. Definitely DO NOT have a full meal at least 5 hours before DXM.

2. I'm 5'11" 165pds, and I dosed 345mg DXM to reach a comfortable 2nd plateau.

3. I have heard that spacing out your trips between two weeks (better a month) is essential. Apparently in some lab studies, mice who were fed DXM and other closely similar drugs rapidly developed brain lesions (Olneys lesions I believe if you want to research).

4. Don't freak out too much. Really, unless you take 5,000mg (or mix DXM with SSRI/MAOI') there's no way you can die from it. However, I would not suggest EVER going above 1,000mg. However, some people have a deficiency where they cannot metabolize DXM very well, so people could skyrocket at just 200mg.

Have fun and safe dosing!

Last edited:
DXM can be fun but take it SLOW. I am very sensitive to it. 150mg is all I need to get rocketed into the 3rd plateau+, ego loss, time dilation, feeling like I'm made out of rubber... It's crazy. Anyway my point is if I took 300mg my first time like my friends suggested, it would have been a very difficult experience.

If you didn't get anything from 100mg, try 150 or 200 next time. Good luck.

DXM can be fun but take it SLOW. I am very sensitive to it. 150mg is all I need to get rocketed into the 3rd plateau+, ego loss, time dilation, feeling like I'm made out of rubber... It's crazy. Anyway my point is if I took 300mg my first time like my friends suggested, it would have been a very difficult experience.

If you didn't get anything from 100mg, try 150 or 200 next time. Good luck.

Agreed.

"Dextromethorphan is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and converted into the active metabolite dextrorphan in the liver by the cytochrome P450 enzyme CYP2D6. Around one in 10 of the Caucasian population has little or no CYP2D6 enzyme activity, leading to long-lived high drug levels"

Congratulations Pickledlemons you are part of the 10% who are sensitive to DXM.

I didn't take the loras for the nausea per se but it does have anti-nausea effects. Is this also the reason I didn't shit myself like last time? I took 120mg 2 hours after I ate and redosed about 50mg an hour later when I noticed nothing was happening.
Since I'm likely to be apprehensive, would I pretty much experience a bad trip if I tried again? What does a bad trip on a first or second plateau feel like anyway?

How the hell did this thread go from "Got some Robitussin" to "Be prepared to and have lube cause you can hurt yourself."

We're not talking about Meth here people 8( lol