• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Got some robitussin

From my experience with DXM let me point out a few things:

1. No matter what you do you'll always feel nauseous on DXM. However, once you get past the nausea you'll forget about it and enjoy the high. I've heard a couple people say they took a Dramamine to help with the nausea. Definitely DO NOT have a full meal at least 5 hours before DXM.

2. I'm 5'11" 165pds, and I dosed 345mg DXM to reach a comfortable 2nd plateau.

3. I have heard that spacing out your trips between two weeks (better a month) is essential. Apparently in some lab studies, mice who were fed DXM and other closely similar drugs rapidly developed brain lesions (Olneys lesions I believe if you want to research).

4. Don't freak out too much. Really, unless you take 5,000mg (or mix DXM with SSRI/MAOI') there's no way you can die from it. However, I would not suggest EVER going above 1,000mg. However, some people have a deficiency where they cannot metabolize DXM very well, so people could skyrocket at just 200mg.

Have fun and safe dosing!

Ashy, this is the part of my job I actually fucking hate, but, alas, the show must go on. I take slight issue with some of the statements that you've made. Please don't get me wrong, but we really have to trim the fat and make sure that all of our information is accurate and not some. With that in mind, please be very careful about how you word things and about conducting proper research before posting information as fact. I like you man and it's not personal, but it's gotta be done.

1. While I understand that you often get nauseous when using Dextromethorphan, implying that this is a universal symptom for every individual who uses DXM is simply not accurate. It is a common occurrence, but to state that it is absolute is just not really true.

2. Got it, useful information!

3. This one sucks, because I really feel where you're coming from. Olney's Lesions have been demonstrated to occur when mice have been fed high doses of DXM over long periods of time, but again, to say that these brain lesions occur "rapidly" is not accurate. If you read through the research , you'll find that they are a possibility, but they are either a rare occurrence or they require chronic, high-dosages of DXM. Again, I'm sorry, because I feel where you're coming from, but we don't want people to freak out and start thinking that their couple of DXM experiences are going to cause scarring of their brain in short order.

4. Come on man, this one I kind of fault you for. How can you, in good conscience imply that it is verbatim "no way to die from it". Like I said, I don't think you're being malicious or evil, but please be careful when choosing your words. We really pride ourselves here in being as accurate as humanly possible. If we don't constantly evaluate and improve ourselves, we are of no use to our peers.

Just consider what I've said Ash. You're new and I really can see you developing into a great, productive member of the community! Just be a little more careful when posting information in absolute terms.

Ashy, this is the part of my job I actually fucking hate, but, alas, the show must go on. I take slight issue with some of the statements that you've made. Please don't get me wrong, but we really have to trim the fat and make sure that all of our information is accurate and not some. With that in mind, please be very careful about how you word things and about conducting proper research before posting information as fact. I like you man and it's not personal, but it's gotta be done.

1. While I understand that you often get nauseous when using Dextromethorphan, implying that this is a universal symptom for every individual who uses DXM is simply not accurate. It is a common occurrence, but to state that it is absolute is just not really true.

2. Got it, useful information!

3. This one sucks, because I really feel where you're coming from. Olney's Lesions have been demonstrated to occur when mice have been fed high doses of DXM over long periods of time, but again, to say that these brain lesions occur "rapidly" is not accurate. If you read through the research , you'll find that they are a possibility, but they are either a rare occurrence or they require chronic, high-dosages of DXM. Again, I'm sorry, because I feel where you're coming from, but we don't want people to freak out and start thinking that their couple of DXM experiences are going to cause scarring of their brain in short order.

4. Come on man, this one I kind of fault you for. How can you, in good conscience imply that it is verbatim "no way to die from it". Like I said, I don't think you're being malicious or evil, but please be careful when choosing your words. We really pride ourselves here in being as accurate as humanly possible. If we don't constantly evaluate and improve ourselves, we are of no use to our peers.
Just consider what I've said Ash. You're new and I really can see you developing into a great, productive member of the community! Just be a little more careful when posting information in absolute terms.

Keif,

Thank you for pointing these things out to me. I can be too general and crude sometimes, and I definitely do not want to be relaying wrong information.

Indeed, peer evaluation and constructive criticism only makes us better! :D

Be aware DXM can effect certain people more profoundly than others. I myself can feel doses as low as 30 mgs. Start slow and work your way up.