• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Day 3 of opiate withdrawl, scared for the rest....

Ganja Gremlin

Bluelighter
Okay so this is my third day now without taking any opiates , I don't have that bad of a habit but I am definently expierencing some withdrawal . It's 9 am and it's been about 60 hours .
Basically I don't have that much money right now ,my guy is out until sometime later this week ... was gonna meet up with some other guy to get some oxys from but he has been giving me really bad vibes so I'm just gonna wait until I can get more and then not go overboard.up until like a month ago I wasn't even really expiercing withdrawls that I noticed .
Now I noticed ever since a week long binge I am expiercing headaches ( they went away today thankfully ) , nausea , a lot of anxiety , and dirahea , along with a bit of restless leg syndrome .i have been able to sleep thankfully with the help of remeron
Honestly I have had pneumonia for a month before(worst sickness I ever had , itwas hell ... coughing until I puked and shit ) so I'm sure I can get though this . But my anxiety is making my mind race im scared that once I reach the 72 hour mark it's going to be very bad . I know today will be the worst day of withdrawals from what I heard ... I'm only coming off 20-30mg a day on average but some days was taking up to 60mg... but I am also very small only weigh 95 pounds at 5,6.
I have had heart problems in the past from my eating disorder and I'm considering just going to the hospital for my ED so I can finish my withdrawal there. I know there they would at least give me Ativan to help me with eating again , I'm actually suppose to be being medically monitored right now but havnt seen a doctor in about a month which is kinda worrying me. If I go to the hospital for my anorexia will they know I am withdrawing as well?
Anyways anyone have any tips of getting through today ? I can get some weed but I almost think that's making my anxiety worse

Don't quit cold turkey... Get some codeine from another supply. Quitting opiates is pure hell. Quit slowly...

Also, try some cigarettes too if there's no other way. Nicotine is a pain killer. Also, do physical exercises, push ups, etc, and take showers, probably cold is better.

I can sympathize, I'm going through the same thing and I feel just awful. I've been doing them for almost a year and have never experienced withdrawals before, now without them I feel horrible and have to somehow make it through my shift at work, which is going to prove very difficult for me in this condition. I have some hydrocodone's which I've been taking which have got to be helping somewhat but I still feel hellish. I thought about checking myself in too, this thing is no joke. I had no idea how bad it feels to be in the grips of withdrawals, now I know and I wish I never put myself in this self inflicted hell.

Well the thing is my use was never that bad , the longest binge I had was maybe a little over a week .
since June I have been using anywhere from 3-5 times a week , then it started to get to everyday and I was struggling to make it more than a day .

I would honestly get codiene or something if I had a connect for it ,later this week I should be getting more Percocet and I think I'm gonna try tapering down... hopefully will get some tomorrow

I've been using opiates since I was 13 ( almost 19 now) , but have only gotten this bad with my use this year since I found a more stable connect for them .
Man I wish I had some hydros ... I could pick up some oxys that are time released but it's from this creepy older dude that I get the vibe he is trying to rape me .. he's always giving me free benzos and trying to get me to take unmarked pills

If you need someone to talk to I'm here , so sorry your struggling with the same thing. People say it gets better after the 3rd day hope it does

Also, try some cigarettes too if there's no other way. Nicotine is a pain killer. Also, do physical exercises, push ups, etc, and take showers, probably cold is better.
I have a vape pen , I don't smoke cigs anymore but have been using my mod . Also have some weed , I normally smoke everyday but I think it's making my anxiety worse

I can sympathize, I'm going through the same thing and I feel just awful. I've been doing them for almost a year and have never experienced withdrawals before, now without them I feel horrible and have to somehow make it through my shift at work, which is going to prove very difficult for me in this condition. I have some hydrocodone's which I've been taking which have got to be helping somewhat but I still feel hellish. I thought about checking myself in too, this thing is no joke. I had no idea how bad it feels to be in the grips of withdrawals, now I know and I wish I never put myself in this self inflicted hell.

For some reason the other post didn't quote , but I'm so sorry U have had to work through this . I am not working at the moment so I've just been laying in bed mostly .
You are doing great so far though!

This isn't good advice.. She already said she had pneumonia recently, an eating disorder that has dropped her to an emaciated weight of 95lbs, is going through withdrawal from opiates, has had heart problems and your advice is pushups and cigarettes.... What???

I think the hospital for the ED is a good idea. Ativan, rest, food and water would do wonders for the way you feel. Hope you feel better Ganja. Hang in there and make sure to keep yourself well nourished.

This isn't good advice.. She already said she had pneumonia recently, an eating disorder that has dropped her to an emaciated weight of 95lbs, is going through withdrawal from opiates, has had heart problems and your advice is pushups and cigarettes.... What???

I think the hospital for the ED is a good idea. Ativan, rest, food and water would do wonders for the way you feel. Hope you feel better Ganja. Hang in there and make sure to keep yourself well nourished.
The pneumonia was acrually a few years ago it lasted for 1 month because I didn't go to the doctor and when I finally did felt like death , but I was just in the hospital last month I've actually gained from 85 pounds to 95 so I'm in a little bit better shape . I acrually really need to get some labs done anyways for my blood work. The main issue would be getting there , it's super smokey outside today because of forest fires in Oregon and the smoke outside makes me feel worse . I'd have to take the bus to the hospital . I'm just trying to remind myself that I have gotten through a lot worse so hopefully I can get through this ...
Thank you for the support I'm trying to eat food and keep it down.

I really wish you luck, and you can message me if you'd like. I'm quitting heroin and oxycodone and losing my mind. Good luck! I smoke a shit ton of pot trying to stay normal well I put 30 grams into edibles recently lol.

I think the Ativan, rest, food, and water is a great suggestion.
I know what you mean about the smoke in the air. Huge fires in my state and all the states around me.
The smoke is thick and is really making chronic pain flare up and other health issues.

I really wish you could get to the hospital.
Do you have any Imodium (loperamide) ? It helps ALOT with opiate withdrawal because it is an opiate/opioid.
Don't take too much of it though or you will have a withdrawal from that and it is a bad, long one.
But it will hold you over for a day or two until you can get your pain medication.
You have to take a larger dose than the recommended amount. 20 mg would really calm you down and allow you to eat and sleep.
It is very sedating.

Good luck. I hope you feel better soon and great job on your weight gain from 85 to 95 pounds. Keep up the good work! <3

Gabapentin can also help you to go through this stage. This is probably the worst day, things should be better soon. Drink a lot of fluids, eat light food, fruits. Exercises help as it maiy unleash endorphins but you need to statrt slowly. Remember that this is going to be quick and you'll be feeling so much freedom, just 1-2 more days and you'll be okay. Try to think about positive things that you would like to happen. The hobby you want if you're feeling good.

Most of us have gone through a similar situation- I still remember the restlessness, and the anxiety, fear, pain. Our body is expelling all the toxic shit we have consumed. Focus on the present, live one moment at a time! You can do this! Do it for the last time. Your life will be much better and you'll have freedom!

Wish you the best of luck!
Erik

Gabapentin can also help you to go through this stage. This is probably the worst day, things should be better soon. Drink a lot of fluids, eat light food, fruits. Exercises help as it maiy unleash endorphins but you need to statrt slowly. Remember that this is going to be quick and you'll be feeling so much freedom, just 1-2 more days and you'll be okay. Try to think about positive things that you would like to happen. The hobby you want if you're feeling good.

Most of us have gone through a similar situation- I still remember the restlessness, and the anxiety, fear, pain. Our body is expelling all the toxic shit we have consumed. Focus on the present, live one moment at a time! You can do this! Do it for the last time. Your life will be much better and you'll have freedom!

Wish you the best of luck!
Erik

can gabapentin be bought from the store over the counter ?

I know what you mean about the smoke in the air. Huge fires in my state and all the states around me.
The smoke is thick and is really making chronic pain flare up and other health issues.

Do you have any Imodium (loperamide) ? It helps ALOT with opiate withdrawal because it is an opiate/opioid.
Don't take too much of it though or you will have a withdrawal from that and it is a bad, long one.
But it will hold you over for a day or two until you can get your pain medication.
You have to take a larger dose than the recommended amount. 20 mg would really calm you down and allow you to eat and sleep.
It is very sedating.

Good luck. I hope you feel better soon and great job on your weight gain from 85 to 95 pounds. Keep up the good work!

I think you need to go to a doctor. There are some comfort meds that should be prescribed to you. It's much better this way, I mean with assistance.

I think you need to go to a doctor. There are some comfort meds that should be prescribed to you. It's much better this way, I mean with assistance.
I did end up going to the urgent care clinic to get my lab work done today but that was kinda for something unrelated . But from my check up i seem to be medically stable besides a low weight at the moment... although they are waiting on my blood work results

I did end up going to the urgent care clinic to get my lab work done today but that was kinda for something unrelated . But from my check up i seem to be medically stable besides a low weight at the moment... although they are waiting on my blood work results

The Remeron-mirtazapine can elevate Transaminases making it look as if your liver is not in the best shape so make sure they know about it if your levels of AST/ALT* are elevated.

LA,CA just had a 6,000 acre fire a few days ago and the smoke was acrid along with all the ash that was hardened by scattered thundershowers. Hang in there Ganja Gremlin..

*(thanks for the clarification a few months back regarding transA's vs. amylase-lipase scrofula ;-)

It is very sedating.

Good luck. I hope you feel better soon and great job on your weight gain from 85 to 95 pounds. Keep up the good work! <3

Be very careful with immodium Ganja because it has been shown to cause heart problems. You are in the beginning of addiction. Coming from somebody who has used opiates for 20yrs, I hope you can stop the process now because it only gets progressively worse and confounds your reasons for using. I have body dysmorpia but I am a guy and it is related to my mass(muscle weight).. I had a girlfriend who overdosed and died losing a lot of weight after gastric bypass, who had similar problems. Please address the cause.

Love Somni<3

Last edited:
Be very careful with immodium Ganja because it has been shown to cause heart problems. You are in the beginning of addiction. Coming from somebody who has used opiates for 20yrs, I hope you can stop the process now because it only gets progressively worse and confounds your reasons for using. I have body dysmorpia but I am a guy and it is related to my mass(muscle weight).. I had a girlfriend who overdosed after gastric bypass who had similar problems. Please address the cause.

Love Somni