Day 3 of opiate withdrawl, scared for the rest....

Ganja Gremlin how are you doing today? It's been 4 days since you posted. Wondering about your health issues, are you OK. I know Anxiety is a big deal. Some strains of weed can make you feel anxious. BUT if it strong weed you only need to take a puff off of your pipe and that will calm WD's down. My concern is that you have a heart condition re to eating disorder. I believe you should consider going to hospital. Keep us in the loop.

Ganja Gremlin how are you doing today? It's been 4 days since you posted. Wondering about your health issues, are you OK. I know Anxiety is a big deal. Some strains of weed can make you feel anxious. BUT if it strong weed you only need to take a puff off of your pipe and that will calm WD's down. My concern is that you have a heart condition re to eating disorder. I believe you should consider going to hospital. Keep us in the loop.
I'm doing okay today , I actually am almost 72 hours opiate free again right now but this time it doesn't feel as bad because I was not coming off a binge, and then I also took just .5mg of xanax this morning .
I'm working with a social worker right now to help keep my health monitored , I was super suprised to find out my last ekg and blood work was okay but unfortunately because of my illness my labs can change from stable to critical really fast , I have two more doctors appointments this month and my social worker was able to help me find a much better primary care doctor

I never have quited cold turkey I always use amphetamines, GBL and pregabalin. As long you know what you are doing it can be succeful way to quit, but if you have thing for amphetamines you easily change the addiction to them.

Xanax will definitely take the edge off your withdrawals in the short term, but ultimately you need to look at your long-term options. It's not fun going through withdrawals, getting better, then getting worse over and over again, and it is absolutely possible to stop using altogether if that's what you actually want to do. I'm curious to know - did you only stop using because your source was unavailable? Or are you actually at the point where you've had enough? Either is fine and there's no judgement here, and sorry if I sound blunt or anything. That's unintentional and my questions are coming from the right place. I'm just trying to be direct with you.

If you do want to stop altogether you need to develop a long-term strategy to achieve this. Some suggestions are things like Narcotics Anonymous (not for everyone but I know a lot of people who are clean because of it, and it definitely works), drug and alcohol counselling, maybe even a long term rehab. You mentioned that you're working with a social worker which is great, perhaps you should discuss your options with them.

If however you're happier to continue using and moderate your use my suggestion is to try it, by all means. If you find yourself back in the same position again then what you need to do will become clearer to you. If you don't then happy days and let the good times roll.

Xanax will definitely take the edge off your withdrawals in the short term, but ultimately you need to look at your long-term options. It's not fun going through withdrawals, getting better, then getting worse over and over again, and it is absolutely possible to stop using altogether if that's what you actually want to do. I'm curious to know - did you only stop using because your source was unavailable? Or are you actually at the point where you've had enough? Either is fine and there's no judgement here, and sorry if I sound blunt or anything. That's unintentional and my questions are coming from the right place. I'm just trying to be direct with you.

If you do want to stop altogether you need to develop a long-term strategy to achieve this. Some suggestions are things like Narcotics Anonymous (not for everyone but I know a lot of people who are clean because of it, and it definitely works), drug and alcohol counselling, maybe even a long term rehab. You mentioned that you're working with a social worker which is great, perhaps you should discuss your options with them.

If however you're happier to continue using and moderate your use my suggestion is to try it, by all means. If you find yourself back in the same position again then what you need to do will become clearer to you. If you don't then happy days and let the good times roll.
I really don't want to stop my use completly ... im running out of money though so I'm not even gonna be able to use as much as I was this summer and I am starting college on the 25th. I totally drained my bank account this summer on oxys :(

Hey GG! Greetings from Ireland :) I too have an ED same as yours actually, and am down to 9st from 13st in less then a year, I'm going to attemot to quit myself very soon & I am dreading it, I mean I am terrified, I am stocking up on comfort meds atm, I'm gonna hit the hay now coz it's 02:10am but I'll check up on you in the morn, I plan to follow your thread :) I just toojk 4 tabs of clonidine about 15 mins ago & they are kicking in now.
Night hun x
Rachel :)