• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Truly Mindless: What video games do you love?

Oh man, how could I forget about Don't Starve?

If you enjoy rogue-like games, Don't Starve is a wonderful wilderness survival game with Tim Burton-themed characters and monsters. It will occupy as much time as you are able to set aside. I haven't even delved into the "Adventure Mode" and I've still spent countless hours on simply surviving and discovering new areas in the randomly generated worlds. 5 stars for Don't Starve.

And for a great tower defense game, Plants vs Zombies can't be beat. Cute, original, and very satisfying. I have mixed feelings about the sequel, PvZ 2, but they are really both pretty awesome.

WRT mobile phone games, I don't see any reason to fault a person for playing them. Ingress is *only* playable on a phone (which plays the role of your "scanner" in the game), and there are lots of other great phone games. I never really got into Candy Crush or any of the similar types; they seemed pretty brainless to me, but mobile doesn't always equal bad.

cant get used to the aiming system in GO but the graphics are great. all i want to do is play cs_office

cant get used to the aiming system in GO but the graphics are great. all i want to do is play cs_office

I LOVE office!

I normally was a de_dust2 type of guy, but I end up getting more kills in hostage maps, so I stick to italy, office, etc.

Hey, I really can't still put the Life Is strange experience in words, just play it, maybe over 40yo don't enjoy it that much but who knows. One of my favorite games, no mindles shooting or anyhing.

Hey, I really can't still put the Life Is strange experience in words, just play it, maybe over 40yo don't enjoy it that much but who knows. One of my favorite games, no mindles shooting or anyhing.

It looked really cool when I saw the trailer, and seemed like something I would like.

My best friend is abhorred by the mindless shooting aspect of CS:GO.

Bioshock is my favorite shooter Franchise. I can't keep up with the kids anymore in MMO games, so a single-player shooter with some story is more my style.

Fallout 4 is of course a massive time sink, and an amazing game. Skyrim is along the same lines.

I agree. Very fond of Bioshock, Skyrim, and the Fallout Franchise. I'd have to name Bioshock as my favorite shooter, also. Without a doubt. Loved all three (and Infinite surprised me with how much I enjoyed it) - though they are all different from one another. Different in a good way, as I sunk many hours into all three games. I'd have to say the original Bioshock and Infinite are my faves. Skyrim is another amazing game. There was a stretch there when it first came out that I didn't play anything but Skyrim. It was so immersive and vast... there was just something so je ne sais quoi about how it pulled you into the environment. And for that reason, it will always be among my top favorites.

If I had to choose one game to play for the rest of time, I'd have to say my choice would be: Fallout 3. I loved all of the Fallout installments, even New Vegas, but when it came to 4, I felt alienated somehow (even though it is still an amazing game). I had anxiously anticipated the fourth after immersing myself in 3 for so long, that it felt like a little bit of a letdown. Don't get me wrong, New Vegas and 4 are still both awesome games. There's just something I enjoy so much more about three. When I sat down and played 4 after having played 3 for so long, I found myself pining for that familiar desolate, war-ravaged landscape I so loved in the third. Vegas felt too slick, and Fallout 4 felt too "action-oriented" with less RPG elements. I'm sure that's a personal preference, but for me, Fallout 3 will always have a special place in my heart. It's just so... misanthropic, with its barren landscape, radiated sewers, and crumbling infrastructures. One truly feels evil if they are committing evil acts in FO3 and the same goes for being good. I guess. I rarely was, lol. Couldn't stand Megaton long enough to be, save for the achievements=D

Nice to see poeple still play real games not some mobile bullshit. For me mobile games have always been like some facebook or flash games you find from Internet.

Spent quite a long time fishing, did not get the one I have been seeking. Still got in plenty of thieving though.

StarCraft has been my game of choice for many years. Grew up playing NES and SNES (mainly Final Fantasy and MegaMan) and eventually PS1 and Ps2. After that I went PC.

Do you mean the TV show or the video game?
I have finished the TH Show Season 1-7 a while ago, just started the video games series, so I mean video game S1, can't wait to start S2.

I play a little bit of everything. BF1, BF4, Star Wars Battlefront, FIFA, Halo, even League of Legends