• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tryin to stop.percs

Nomoreopiates2017

Greenlighter
I started takin oxy 15mg once a day about 9 months ago well about 6 months ago i went up to 30 mg of percocet. 7.5 x4 or 3x with 10 mg... so if i taper 5 mg a day will the withdraws be really bad? Im also prescribed zoloft,wellbutrin and gabbapentin..will those help any? Or by it being a low dose on the percocet will it only be minor or moderate?

Everybody's physiology is different, but I wouldn't think if your dosage capped at 30 mgs/day your wd's should be mild to practically non-existent. Just the same, start with 10mg/day taking 5 mgs twice a day. If after a week you aren't experiencing any symptoms you can prolly just cold turkey it from there. Just listen to what your body tells you and adjust accordingly. But I think you will pretty much breeze thru it. Good Luck.

Ya i think there gonna b bad. 6 months. Ya. Could b far worse though. How were you taking them?
Just taper as low as you can get.
If its still too much to bare you can can use suboxone . But not more then 5 days. And taper off that each day you take it cuz u have to be CAREFULL not to get dependent on that.
Last time i went on a oxy binge i used sub to get off , then methadone for a few days.
I didnt use either for long so i didnt have a problem.
One time i stayed on sub too long and i had to use more oxy to b ok ish while the sub left my body. Then i used dones to finish the last part of the sub and new oxy withdrawl. U can do it with min pain. Just b carefull if u use sub or dones. I would not do either for more then 5 days...
But ya, taper best you can.

The gab will help.
Kratom will too.
You have options
I was never succesfull with kratom but i was doing a 100 dollars a day worth of heroine for five years , so ya... But it may help you.
Just GET YOUR DOSE LOW low as possible.

Black Seed Oil is a herbal remedy and it works wonders for opiate withdrawal, I swear by it. I've used it last time I had an opiate habit and it took care of my withdrawal symptoms. You can research it online, you will find info regarding what I just said

Umm, I have been through withdrawals dozens of times from much higher doses and still I keep taking these damn pills.

Take it from me. Just quit. Cold turkey. Don't drag this shit out. At 30mg it's not going to be bad at all. Don't psych yourself out. Just make the jump and walk away.

To the person that ask how i took em...15 mg at 9 am and 15 mg at 9 pm...some day i take 20 some days 30 mg...im gonna drop to 20 tommorrow. 15 the next day..the. 10 for a few days and go cold turkey from there..i take em for back pain..i dont get high at all... im gonna try the black seed oil also, i just feel like its time to stop before it becomes a big problem

that taper seems reasonable.

probably the best way to avoid any heavy wds

buy some immodium for the end.

Thanks guys for all the suggetions!!! My freind said the gabbapentin the dr has me on will also help with rls so im hopeing it helps that seemed to be the worst thing when i tryed quittin before

I been doin a fast taper.. 20 mg tomorrow, 10 fri and 10 sat.. we will see what sunday and monday brings... see if its managble or total hell.

Fast taper is the way to do it on low doses. either way you'll prob have some slight discomfort but just the fact that you're fucking with lower doses means you will at least be able to function properly which is more fortunate that some. just don't over think it boss.

My best freind told me the same thing lol he said im overthinking it haha

well at least you're thinking right? you can take the edge off a bit more with some non-opiate comfort meds like: buscopan, imodium, clonidine, benzos or z drugs, ibuprofen and first-generation antihistamines like hydroxyzine hydro-chloride.

Oh and zofram for nasuea plus im down to 20 mg and 10 mg tommorrow and saturday so i think its gonna be mostly in my head

congrats man, especially going at it without any tapering opiates
༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ < u that man, man