• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What do you guys do for work ?

Drive mobile plant. Volvo L90 loading shovel and soon to get a ticket for 360 excavator.

that's why i take rubber gloves to demos (equestrian officers leave handy missiles all over the joint)

I do my best to make others happy.

No, I'm not a prostitute,

Dick. ;)

Other people's happiness makes me happy.

I work in the hospitality trade.

The question should be: what do you want to do when you grow up?

I think I'd like to be a train driver, or a fireman :)

That sounds a pretty cool job. What's your favourite pest to kill ? :)

I use to do free vermin control with air rifles for landowners when I had time.
Still pop the odd pigeon in the garden when I can, can't be a bit of pigeon pie lol

Tbh, I don't really like killing anything, it's just a necessary evil in my line of work. But I do get immense job satisfaction from solving clients' problems and learning about the behaviour of different species.

Must admit to getting a bit of a buzz from pigeon shoots though ;)

Really? How come? I always assumed biomass was going to be the next big thing.

Domestic PV dosnt stack up financially on its own anymore due to the FiT reductions over the last couple of years. Gone from installing 2-3 a week to 1 in the last 18months.
It will come back as battery technology improves. But certainly not like it was when the FiT was 43p per kWh.
My pal makes a living selling PV and Tesla powewall batteries, but he is a one man band and has low overhead.

Biomass absolutely flew for a while but again reductions in the RHI tarrifs have killed the sub 200kW market. The big commercial stuff is still viable. We installed £300k worth of biomass in 2015.
The problem with biomass is the very high capital cost for installation and tin end up with a product where the fuel is more expensive than heating oil at the moment. So in the current market it's a non starter.

So at the moment building regs are the driver, "if you want to build a big fuck off house you will install a heat pump"
And that's where all my business comes from currently.

Though I have just done my ticket for natural gas.

I'm not very practical so forgive my ignorance, but does that mean that your CORGI approved or whatever and can fiddle with the gas?

With that and the rest of the stuff that's some good skills technical wise.

I'm not very practical so forgive my ignorance, but does that mean that your CORGI approved or whatever and can fiddle with the gas?

With that and the rest of the stuff that's some good skills technical wise.

Gas safe is CORGI now but yes that's correct.
Making the most of my biology degree of course LMAO

CORGI can fuck off - charging 80 odd quid to 'install' a cooker which merely involves pushing and twisting the connector. I've never paid and never will.

(Cos I'm a tight cunt... ;) )

CORGI can fuck off - charging 80 odd quid to 'install' a cooker which merely involves pushing and twisting the connector. I've never paid and never will.

(Cos I'm a tight cunt... ;) )

When installing a new gas appliance the tightness of the system must be tested and the cooker should also be gas rated. Adequate ventilation should also be identified / or installed.
£80 is cheap for getting my signature on the commissioning document, if not done correctly people die and the gas engineer is responsible.