• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CD Social V. I. Am. Not. Your. Foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I'm of the opinion that unmotivated individuals gravitate towards pot use, rather than pot causing a lack of motivation.

And I have no fucking idea whatsoever whether it's that way or the other way, so I avoid talking about it directly. Government still makes research as impossible as it can. We won't have quality studies for 20-50 years after federal legalization, if the country holds together long enough for that...

^I'm of the opinion that unmotivated individuals gravitate towards pot use, rather than pot causing a lack of motivation.

Maybe though I do notice that I'm prone to be much more lazy on days I eat edibles. The laziness seems to happen once the main effects taper off, while I'm actually high I'm not usually lazy.

Days I don't indulge I don't feel quite so unmotivated.

Took a 2 day break because my tolerance was actually starting to make itself apparent. On Friday I was going to watch Arrival, wanted to get as high as possible to expand my mind and shit, but after like the third inhale, I kept inhaling and inhaling, even repacked the chamber with fresh stuff and kept inhaling and I just didn't get any higher than like a 4.

Now I need to decide which strain to use tonight... hmmm

I am in tears over this lol. So I was waiting to smoke til it had been over 8 hours cause I'm cutting back (which has been a great decision at this time of my life). Took a bong toke of pineapple express and now I'm suddenly finding myself having a splendid early-ish morning. But yeah... I knew what I wanted for breakfast before was waiting for my hunger to surface and after I smoked I was eating sliced pineapple within a couple of minutes. Realized the stoner connection, silly moment. Horoscope mentioned healing energy today... that was def a healing bong toke.

I got blue dream today for the first time, 2 grams. Looks like a real nice grow and I didn't realize it's blueberry crossed with haze. I love hazes, strawberry haze is one of my fave strains and I would love to try a proper neville's haze. I have smoked so many strains in the past decade. How have I not smoked blue dream yet, it's a real popular one around here and I am def glad it is the berry x haze and not haze with a kush. Man... dispensaries are great now that I'm smoking much less weed and don't need to grab ounces that last a week.

Can't wait to judge the potency of the strain. Cleaning out my bong too, since it is a fairly aromatic bud.

Last edited:
I've been wanting to try blue dream but it's so trendy around here in the last several weeks that no one has it for a reasonable price except a few places that are selling low potency crap below 15%.

I had a blueberry kush come through my dispensary at one point that was the bees knees. Never did like blue dream all that much but I'm not a fan of sativas. Does have a great flavour, though I'd rather have blue cheese as far as flavour goes

I started out loving indicas but with my vaporizer they often seem to end up similar. For example 9lb hammer often keeps me up even though most people say it knocks them out. And jack herer isn't stimulating to me at all unless I keep the vaporizer temp really low.

No idea how it would change if I smoked/edible'd.

I only vape and I can definitely tell the difference both in flavour and effects. It might have something to do with boiling temps though, at low temperatures maybe some terps volatilize and not others, and those ones are more responsible for the stimulating effect? Just speculation. My vape heats the material as close to instantly as possible to the right temp and maybe that makes some difference. When I was using a portable vape or a volcano they release vapour really slowly by comparison and I do find there is more blurring of the lines between strains.

Sometimes it can be hard to distinguish the effects too because of all the hybridization. I was taught that sativas cause a particularly strong feeling behind the eyes and I found that to be true, so now if I'm not sure that's one of the effects I'll look out for to make a diagnosis. But maybe it's a complete mistake!

I'm taking a week break. I'm barely even to the point today I would get high and already just the knowledge that I'm not allowing myself to get high for another week is burning me from the inside. Probably a good thing I'm taking this break lol

The DAILY deals here for wax/shatter and weed are so good I'm not going to be impressed with anything costing more than free on April 20th.

The DAILY deals here for wax/shatter and weed are so good I'm not going to be impressed with anything costing more than free on April 20th.

FREE? PRICE DISCUSSION

MOOOOOOOOOOODS

I stopped looking for deals a while back because almost every dispensary had them but lately they're in a "who can charge the most and come off as the highest quality simply by overcharging" contest. It's bs. There's still a couple places that are like "lol fuck the rest of you, we're selling shit at a fair price" which is a retardedly low price because of how flooded the market is from all the farms right now.

free ounces of CBD flower, free vape pens, etc are typical stuff I've run across on 420

free vape pens aren't really a big deal anymore though those have come down in price a lot

I almost went to buy another eighth today but then I realized I have like a good quarter to half ounce and that will last me months, and some of it is already over a year from harvest. So I definitely need to burn through what I have before I even think of going to a dispensary again, I don't want to end up with a big pile of CBN that does nothing for me.

I hear you man. It's nice having a low tolerance/using a tiny bit because a half really can lasts months while still using regularly.

The obvious issue then becomes storage. The longest I've stored wax/shatter was between 1-2 years and I was not only able to get high af but many of the terpenes were still in tact and very tasty. Sealed container in a regular refrigerator (below 40 F) was enough to preserve it.

The longest I've stored flower was 5 years. That was in a basic mason jar kept in a dark closet. No sign of terps were left at that point and the CBN count had indeed increased but I still got pretty high off it.

I try not to store it if I don't have to, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I store shit like it's my fuckin' hobby... wait... I think it is my hobby. Seeing as most of the two dozen chems in my safe I haven't even tried despite getting most years ago. And I have some hash from 2012 in my weed stash. Jesus, I'm a hoarder :|

4 more days left on this break, it's not even that I want to be stoned, it's just FUCK I'm so bored. Traffic around here is so bad in several ways, I rarely want to go anywhere. The times it's nice enough (not 40 and raining) to go somewhere, every place is packed with shrieking kids and brotards trying to impress their bimbo girlfriends, and I just want some quiet place to chill. Not much to do around the house, in the summer at least I can tend to my vegetable plants in the garden. It's just the boredom, I really don't miss the high so much as I miss how much it takes away boredom.

Chemicals are generally easy to store. Cannabis concentrates and flower are not as easy.

There aren't many chemicals worth holding onto though. The only one I have left is some of that old school MXE and I don't even care to use it.

People always talk about storing stuff in a vacuum to keep it fresh for a long time, but I think that's a stupid idea mainly because it massively increases evaporation/sublimation of ALL elements/compounds/molecules. It might be a good idea for some things like solid materials that have an extremely low vapor pressure to begin with. But people push it for stuff like food and possibly weed, in that case you're definitely actively stripping off volatile molecules, which are pretty much the only things you even want to stick around.

I wonder how storing under a very lightly pressurized inert atmosphere of some large molecule would work long term...

Status
Not open for further replies.