• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CD Social V. I. Am. Not. Your. Foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
storing weed under vacuum is indeed a stupid idea because terpenes are pretty volatile and will be gone even faster... but other stuff which is prone to oxidation might be much more stable under vacuum... but in most cases, inert gas might be the way to go. maybe storing cannabis under nitrogen or argon atmosphere might completely eliminate thc oxidation, but I am not sure if the mechanism (aromatization of the unsaturated ring, eliminating hydrogen) involves oxygen or not...

I am with my girlfriend at her parents house, they are gone for a while and she is still asleep... might vape some flowers before breakfast. :)

It's only like one to two doses worth. I'm pretty sure I've held onto it all these years just so I can say I still have some OG MXE. It's bluelight history or something like that.

I AM giving away a bong, downstem and banger if you are in the Denver area though.

storing weed under vacuum is indeed a stupid idea because terpenes are pretty volatile and will be gone even faster...

Can you explain your thinking here? Weed in a vacuum sealed bag vs a regular ziplock is way better preserved IME. Maintains more terpenes and moisture. You can tell just from the smell when you open the bag..

there is a difference between a vacuum sealed bag and an evacuated container though. in a sealed bag, if done properly, there is no volume for the terps and water to evaporate into... but I did not consider this when I was talking about "storing under vacuum". I hope this clarifies what I meant.

there is a difference between a vacuum sealed bag and an evacuated container though. in a sealed bag, if done properly, there is no volume for the terps and water to evaporate into... but I did not consider this when I was talking about "storing under vacuum". I hope this clarifies what I meant.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh okay, sure, but you both said vacuum lol. What exactly do you mean by evacuated container? Like a regular ziplock with the air pushed out? Or?

Like a jar with a lot of empty space, something solid that doesn't collapse in on itself when you draw a vacuum.

It's only like one to two doses worth. I'm pretty sure I've held onto it all these years just so I can say I still have some OG MXE. It's bluelight history or something like that.

I AM giving away a bong, downstem and banger if you are in the Denver area though.
I wish I was anywhere near Colorado :\

I still have some OG MXE too, I just want more >.> Indeed a part of history.

Everyone who has used both edibles and smoking/vaping/dabbing pls respond:

What differences do you find between the highs besides the obvious timeline of effects? Are edibles less euphoric? More sedating? What's the deal there? Hard to find a straight answer.

Edibles I find to be more sedating and dissociating, more body-oriented effects. Vaping gives a more clear-headed high as compared to smoking, I'd say mostly due to the absence of benzene, but otherwise they are very similar. Dabbing is more refined in its effects with only a few major characteristics being obvious as compared to smoking. I also find that when dabbing the high drops off very quickly and lends itself more to redosing

Dabbing comes on the fastest, however it's really easy to over do it because of how small the dabs are (many take too big of a hit).

It's also easy to over do edibles because of how slow the come up is (many end up redosing way too soon).

In general edible highs last the longest and dab highs last the shortest amount of time.

I find that vaping comes on slightly slower than smoking, making smoking the easiest way to titrate doses.

Of course with experimentation you can find your sweet spot with any method of ingestion.

I use edibles daily and have vaped and smoked. Smoking leaves me feeling heavy headed and couch locked. Vaping is far better for motivation but edibles would be the best. I find my OCD cleaning habits spike and I like to finish tasks on edibles. I find I'm over focused and sometimes don't like interruption compared to suggestable when I smoke.

I don't think we have a heroin social and I don't use it anyway but this is pretty intense

This Alien OG is really dank!!!

I was smoking on mercury OG and it was amazing weed but the kind of fruity indica that is so nice but you'll just get silly and smoke all of it and then be screwed over weedless. And due to the nature of the herb it's not going to give you a hard hit like an OG strain or white widow or ak47 or whatev. This stuff, over .2 or so and it's panic and paranoia paranoia lol.

lil peep & atoms - garden is real nice stoner tunes.

Got a 1/2 oz of Skunk X UK Cheese (was told) delivered on Easter Sunday. Gotta love the free market. Waiting 3 days for my medical weed would have had me crawling out of my skin; not eating, sleeping all the time (I stay awake on most everything Cannabis other than edibles which hit me like a ton of bricks).

Tom

Does anyone else feel just like completely physically drained after they get blazed out of their fucking mind and pass out? Normally I get a little sleepy but this morning I went nuts with jack herer and the center of my vision turned into what happens when you turn a camera's sensor gain up massively in the dark and everything is like a distorted shitty dull rainbow effect. It was quite fun but I passed out and when I woke up 2 hours or so later I was just (and still am) physically done with moving around or doing anything today.

edit to add a followup: That was possibly the best weed I've ever had, I last inhaled at about 7 last night, at 4AM at work this morning my friend immediately says "Are you baked?" when I walk in before I say a thing. RudeBoi OG if anyone was wondering.

Last edited:
I feel when that happens like I wasted the weed, since I was just sleeping for a bit as well. Sometimes I feel that way, depending on not just how much weed I smoke but many other factors. Did I snack on something or cook an irregular, unconventional lunch and then pass out? (this happens frequently haha). If so, I'll wake up like 2 - 4 hours later with serious indigestion. This is what really gets to me, I can get a little lung irritations if I don't smoke for a while too since I smoke too much still. I'd recommend not snacking easier said than done, but like I don't eat for 3 hours or so before whenever I go to bed, and when I wake up with indigestion that very much physically drains me, since I will be dehydrated as well, and burnt out so too lazy to get up and do anything.

The best thing by far you can do in this predicament if you don't want to keep smoking weed is mild exercise. If you are feeling burnt out like that, get up and so much as a brisk much for some fresh air around the neighbourhood for an hour or so will clear your head up. So will coffee or tea, if you have water to keep hydrated too. Since, some of this might be due to dehydration too. Smoking too much weed burns me out in general as well so I try to keep my seshes to one heavy bong toke and not continue to smoke for at least like 6 hours. If I sesh hard and get high as fuck there is more of a tendency to pass out.

So when I get physically drained like that I'd get up and do your normal morning routine if you haven't already and that alone will be get your body going. Then if you got some light exercise, not the time for anything too crazy, you will feel much better. This is what I often do when I know I smoked already this morning for example (and it's true, or right now) and it's not worth it for me to smoke again - I woke up burnt out since I did hot yoga last night and smoked heavy hits before and after, then passed out without really remembering anything right after the class. So I scan my body realize I should have had more water before bed, and not feasted and passed out. I have indigestion so in this case I relieve it with pot and then won't smoke until the afternoon now. Once I feel like smoking another bong toke I plan on getting out for a nice morning walk. After hot yoga I don't even need weed but thing is something about those hot humid rooms I can take at least double-sized bong tokes easily possible times 3 my normal hit so it's too tempting lol then I pass out and it's always after feasting on something without having enough water. Wake up feeling like shit lol. A bong rip clears that right up but like... I'm leaving my 20' very soon I should at least wait until noon if I get up at 4 - 6am. Smokin weed in the morning is awesome though, just hit a mixed bowl of alien og and obama kush.

I used to feel it a waste of weed. Still sorta do for myself, but I found out in college when I used to get angry at a roommate for taking naps after seshs that it's not my place to judge those who want to spend their high in dream land. If they're happy with doing it, who am I to judge?

Status
Not open for further replies.