• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ALD-52 Thread - Part 2 "Aciityl Aciiiid"

Hi all, first time poster here:) Did a couple tabs of Ald 52 few days ago and was wondering if it was a big jump from 200 to 300/400 mics? Also, I had a headache towards the last 3rd of the journey. What's the reason and remedy for this?

I have yet to try 400µg, but IME there is a big difference between 200 and 300µg. LSD has an exponential dose/response curve, so until you get into very high doses adding a tab can produce a significantly stronger and different trip. For me, 200µg was easy to handle, although I was glad I was at home during the peak. 300 on the other hand was a roller coaster ride from the very beginning, and was a challenging, but ultimately rewarding experience for me. I'm talking ego loss, inability to move for most of the trip, uncomfortably high body temperature during the peak, and intense existential hallucinations and thought patterns.

Tread carefully my friend.

Oh and the headache can be caused by staring at a light source like a tv or computer monitor with dilated pupils. Just try to take breaks from those activities, drink plenty of water, and take an ibuprofen if needed.

LSD actually has generally been stated to have a linear dose-response curve, but indeed there is a big difference between 200 and 300, and 400ug. But after that, the difference starts to get less. Contrast that to something like 2C-E, where for many people, 2mg can roughly double the perceived strength (16mg vs 18mg vs 20mg).

But yeah, I wouldn't go from 200 to 400. 200 to 300 is more reasonable, assuming you were totally fine with 200ug.

I can go for a linear response curve (in the way I understand response), but there is no good consensus on what the response is, or how to meter it.
often vague levels are considered, and the intensity of surprise or shock is considered the response, while this is totally subject to personality, and subjective set and setting influences.

Hi guys,

I'm sorry been a long time and I can't read everything...

So I'm pretty interested by ALD-52 (I have few sitting)

so far what do we know from ALD-52? I'd like to know if it's safe like LSD?

I have few questions about it if you don't mind :

1. How safe it is in comparison to LSD?
2. How taxing it is on the body? Can you tell me the difference in bodyload between this and LSD?
3. How long does it last approx?
4. Does the come up is quicker than AL-LAD? (I have weird reaction to AL-LAD which take me up to 4 hours to feel it) so I'm somewhat hesitant to take it...
5. Does it feel benign? Is this "heavier" in effect than LSD (I won't take more than a full tab)

Thank you again cause from now I don't know what we can say about ALD-52 and I'm somewhat hesitant to try it...

<3

ALD-52 is at least nearly equivalent to LSD. It's most certainly a pro-drug to LSD, meaning that it metabolizes into LSD once it's inside your body.

1. It should be as safe as LSD. There has not been any indication otherwise.
2. Probably the same as LSD, but like LSD this will be a bit random depending on the trip. Some people say less bodyload than LSD, which is possible.
3. Same as LSD
4. Comes up quicker than AL-LAD for sure, but again like LSD this can have some randomness. It makes sense that it might come up slightly more gradually than LSD, but people aren't reporting much difference, if any.
5. Most people report that it's either the same as LSD, or more benign. This could just be because of the power of suggestion, because a lot of people are confusing this with the legends around Orange Sunshine acid (which was actually LSD but claimed to be ALD-52), etc. In any case, it's getting a very warm reception.

The only complaint I've heard about it vs. LSD is that LSD can be a lot cheaper to acquire, but unless you're a dealer, who cares about a buck or two difference per trip?

Caveat: I haven't even tried ALD-52! But I've been following this thread closely and feel justified to comment :) Feel free to discard my opinions :)

@ perpetual - your comments are good even without first hand consumption experience
@ kishka - ALD-52 seemed a bit warmer to me than LSD-25, but that could just be suggestion. otherwise just the same. ( BTW do you know Gravy? - get it Kishka and Gravy?;) )

I agree, I find ALD-52 basically exactly the same as LSD. In fact, it is known that ALD-52 is a prodrug of LSD, meaning the acetyl group is cleaved off and it becomes LSD in your body. Just like 1p-LSD... ALD-52 is 1a-LSD, they both turn into LSD. It's possible the rate of absorption would vary between individuals but it means that of all the research chemicals, it's the closest to LSD. There is no reason to believe it's any less safe, and I basically think of them as the same thing. On the other hand, AL-LAD and ETH-LAD are separate drugs, that are different from LSD, and I'd feel less sure about them than I would about ALD-52. Of course, all of them are likely to be very safe.

@Starless:Thanks for the advice. I will try 300 first. I wasn't using a monitor or TV but I was looking out my window at the sky for a while. The sun was to my left and not directly in my vision, but as you say, with dilated pupils it might have been a factor regarding the headache.

@Xorkoth: Thanks, I will try 300 first. I handled 200 well enough but there is no need to rush things and jump to 400. 300 might give me what I'm looking for anyway:D

Last edited:
Coming down from a 100ug test-trip.
Amazing substance. Very, very gentle and forgiving.

I'm not rainbows and unicorns in any kind of way, but this shit is pure love.

I had my first experience with ALD-52 this past weekend. It's been 12 years since my last dose of psychedelics. I've recently discovered the fact that new lysergamides are being synthesized and are available, which makes for exciting times, though I feel a bit late to the party. Here is a summary I've written from my trip notes:

An hour and a half before dosing I ate a decent breakfast. I started with 50μg (half blotter) and felt onset effects after 30 min. After about 2 hours in it started to feel like an acid trip but I was a bit underwhelmed. At the 2.5 hour mark I took the other half of my blotter and started vaping marijuana. 3.5 hours in the visuals started getting more intense. After about 4 hours is when I would say I started to peak and felt very mentally stimulated. Visuals were pretty intense at this point. The peak lasted about 4.5 hours but may have been extended by vaping more marijuana during it. At 11 hours after dosing I started to get ready to get some sleep for the night. It took me a few more hours to actually fall asleep but I had no trouble lying in bed resting peacefully before then. I slept about 7 hours and woke up feeling pretty good about everything. The day after was very serene.

I monitored my blood pressure, heart rate, and body temperature before, during, and after the trip. I noticed fluctuations in all, but primarily an increase in blood pressure and heart rate. Before dosing, I had felt a slight head pressure but did not take anything for it. The pressure had increased a bit by the tail end of the trip so I took an ibuprofen to help me sleep. The next day I felt like opening my mouth really wide or blowing my nose helped relieve that pressure (sort of like after being on an airplane). I also took 20mg of omeprazole about 4 hours prior to the ALD for frequent heartburn that I've been experiencing the last few years. I didn't think about it much that day, but wondering if the omeprazole had any affect on the come up, duration, or intensity of the trip. Also, since ALD has to metabolize, was that affected by the omeprazole? I plan to stop taking the omeprazole for a few weeks and then dose again and will note any differences.

At 10 hours after dosing, during my comedown, I wrote this:

"I feel at this point that it was a spiritual experience. I almost feel like I've been baptized. Something in the universe reached down and picked me up, tuned me up, polished me off, then released me back out into the wild, ready for more adventures. I've experienced no physical discomfort throughout the day."

Another interesting day after effect is that my vision appeared to be sharper than normal, which I'm still noticing 2 days after, but to a lesser effect. Two days later I still feel very calm and relaxed, but also somewhat energized. My regular use of caffeine and marijuana has diminished, but this is also something I've been working at prior to the trip. My head is much clearer than it was prior to this experience.

Overall it took longer to peak (4 hours) and didn't last as long as I thought it would. Future research will determine if the omeprazole I took had any role in that or not. Also, I would not recommend redosing the same day, take it all at once. I'm perfectly okay with the fact that I did that my with my first experience because I wanted to see what 50μg would feel like, but at the same time I didn't want to spoil the free Saturday that I had with a subpar experience.

Last edited:
next week take a full one, and if not impressed at 2.5 hours take another, duration is partly from dosage, and your first half was wearing off as the second was still building which makes the perceived length of the (aggregate combined) high seem short.

ALD-52 is distinct from LSD. It is not the same. I would think that a moderator at a harm reduction website would not present such blanket statements and unsubstantiated claims. There is, from my anecdotal nonscientific study of this substance, distinct physiological differences and a different headspace present with this substance than with LSD. I don't think there has been any study which definitively proves that ALD-52 metabolizes into LSD, but it does seem to be the most similar to LSD of all the newly available lysergamides. There have been the words of Nichols and the study by the NIH but I do not find those things to be conclusive, but rather to be closer to hypothesis.

This is my opinion and it is colored by personal experience with LSD, 1P-LSD, ALD-52 and ETH-LAD, of which three are supposed to be indistinguishable from one another but all four of which affect me differently. It is widely accepted that 4-aco-dmt produces a trip which is distinct from psilocin and psilocybin as well, even though in theory 4-aco-dmt could very well be a prodrug to psilocin. Different chemicals act differently. Sorry for my soapbox rant. I'm passionate about information being made available and assumptions not being confused with information.

Well, I just said I find them virtually the same, which I do. And I also said that the acetyl is cleaved off during metabolism. Perhaps you're right and the acetyl isn't cleaved off, but it seems to be pretty much the consensus that it is. I do consider them distinct from each other, because they are, they're literally two different molecules. Even if it's a prodrug, so what? There are plenty of prodrugs that feel distinct from their parent compound, or are able to cross the BBB on their own. I am not confident I could correctly determine whether what I took was LSD or ALD-52 in a blind test, but I do note differences for sure.

Additionally, you should realize that just because you experience something a certain way doesn't mean everyone else does or will. Some people swear up and down that they can tell no real difference between 4-HO-DMT and 4-AcO-DMT, but to me they are very distinct, in fact I am certain I could tell them apart in a blind test. Differences in individual metabolisms play a big part in how drugs are processed and experienced, and I would think especially in a prodrug situation. 4-AcO-DMT also turns into 4-HO-DMT in the body, but my thought is that it converts more or less rapidly based on the presence and amount of different enzymes, and can also cross the BBB unchanged. So perhaps I convert it slowly and a lot gets through unchanged, resulting in quite unique effects.

My point is, just because I experience it that way, doesn't mean that I think people who tell me they experience it a different way are wrong. By sharing our own experiences on here, we can see over time the range of effects different psychedelics have on people.

Last edited:
Hey Xorkoth, not trying to flame you or anything. I appreciate your perspective on the matter and I'm glad you cleared that up. I strongly doubt that we'll be looking back on ALD-52 as the next Nbome. But I do think that it's important not to give people the impression that it is equally as safe as LSD. This is information we just don't really have yet. It does seem safe, and it does seem very similar to LSD. My perspective is that we should be cautiously optimistic about it.

Just to add a little explanation to the reason behind my post: I personally have bad side-effects from 1P. I'm aware that my own unique body chemistry plays into that, as I know some people who apparently get no bad body effects from it. However, if my body chemistry gives bad side-effects from this material, and my friend has no bad effects, then there is an increased likelihood of someone out there getting worse body effects from this substance than I get, to the point where it may be life-threatening to them, especially if they dose higher than I have. The same is likely to be true for ALD-52. So it might be better to keep the enthusiasm in check so that the false impression of 100% safety is not given, even by accident. This is where I was coming from with the earlier post but I was a bit intoxicated with yeast-excrement so I probably came off as more abrasive than I intended.

Good points, it's true these are less researched (especially 1p-LSD). No worries, I'm glad you said something about it. :)

..................... I personally have bad side-effects from 1P. ...................

Hi Achuma. I don't want to derail this thread so was wondering if you could PM me your negative effects of 1-p (or direct me to a thread where you discuss them). I'm just starting with my explorations with this and am very curious.

E

Took double the previous dosage of unknown amount of ALD-52 given to me as "acid". Had a few rough patches on the comeup, and a bit of non-nausea issues with the stomach. Dosed with a friend, who also had a rough time coming up but everything smoothed out as we peaked around 2h post ingestion. Things were nicely intense for a couple hours and I managed to reach some good personal insights into the nature of love and friendship, stumbled into a classic Douglas Adams-inspired moment of hearing God's final message to his creation, which was "We apologize for the inconvenience". I wanted to write a song about how I'm sorry that life is fucked up and that I realize that I'm not likely the person you want to hear that from, but I'll say it anyway. Had a nice stroll in the woods. It seems a little off-kilter compared to LSD trips that I've had recently, and there was something strange about how it peaked really strongly in a short period of time but that within 4 hours post ingestion I was almost all the way back to normal, it was like the whole portion of the LSD experience where you've peaked and you're still tripping, followed by the not really still tripping but lit up like a candlestick wide awake and glowing, these portions of the experience seemed to be mellowed out significantly in comparison. It strikes me as more similar to mushrooms in its timeline. But more similar to LSD in its peak effects and overall profile. I would say that, as is in line with my previous experiments with the newly available lysergamides, there is a more strong physical component to the action of this drug relative to the strength of its mental effects.

For those of you whose metabolism and body chemistry render ALD-52 to function solely as a prodrug to LSD, my hats off to you! I don't think that myself or my friend who I tripped with today have the same thing going on, it is for both of us very clearly unique from LSD with its own character. It is nice, and it is definitely very very similar in many regards, but the timeline is different and the ratio of different effects is definitely different. I like it, 3.5 out of 5, would trip on this again. To be honest there were a couple moments of tension in my limbs accompanied by undesired tingling as though circulation was reduced. Nonetheless it seems that the risks with this substance, at least in the organism writing this report, are lower than they are with 1P-LSD. I still prefer LSD to ALD-52 but I am grateful for the chance to try this substance because I heard about it somewhat of a long time ago, and it stood out as an item of curiosity. And so far it's my favorite non-LSD ergoloid substance that I know of.

TLDR: I feel that this substance almost completely lacks the manic stimulant effect of LSD, which is actually quite nice. Perhaps ALD-52 is resistant to the metabolism to the strong dopamine receptor agonist which has been demonstrated to be responsible for the less psychedelic and more stimulant second half of the LSD trip.

Tried ald-52 5 times now with various doses from 62.5ug, half a tab to 187.5ug, 1.5 tabs and for me who has had a fair bit of experience with lsd on and off for 25 years this produces less visuals but more mind fuck if I compare a equal dose of both ald-52 to lsd-25. A lot of people are saying it produces a smoother more mellow trip, I only noticed this at low doses. A full 125ug tab from a reliable source produces a strong solid 10 hour trip but lacks visuals for me in comparison to lsd. Overall a great substance and I will continue to experiment with both ald-52 and lsd-25 to see if I can come to anymore conclusions but maybe it's all down to set and setting, but I also feel I could tell the 2 apart on a blind test.
At this present time if I had to choose between the 2 it would be a good clean dose of lsd-25 I think it has everything you could wish for in a psychedelic.

next week take a full one, and if not impressed at 2.5 hours take another, duration is partly from dosage, and your first half was wearing off as the second was still building which makes the perceived length of the (aggregate combined) high seem short.

I took a full one and was impressed after 2.5 hours, but decided to take another then anyway (so 200μg total). Yowzers, what a circus. This time I dosed in the evening instead of morning. I never actually closed my eyes and slept, eyes were wide open all night, but I feel quite refreshed still and have been doing chores and stuff around the house in high gear for most of the day.

I really want to write more about the experience, but I'm just so awed by it right now. I don't even really know how to describe it. This stuff is very therapeutic for me.

I can see how microdosing ALD-52 would be highly beneficial to some individuals. I'm starting to look more into this myself as normal responsibilities prevent me from tripping every weekend (as I would like). For those that have used this to microdose, do you still take higher doses occasionally or are the microdoses satisfying enough?