• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

?? ? THE SOCIAL CLUB v. Come Say Hi! ? ??

I'm not nearly a big enough fan of tobacco to start hitting up hookah lounges yet. They seem to be fairly busy though so who knows. Now if they switch to cannabis after Jan 1st I'm going to have to do some more exploring.

I agree that nicotine is also most addicting, which is weird because it's the least euphoric out of all drugs. I just woke up at 3:30am kinda hungover. Blah

Marks and Spencer's Toffee Chocolate Eclairs are the most addicting and rather euphoric when you stuff 3-4 at once in your mouth. Not so good insufflated mind.

I agree that nicotine is also most addicting, which is weird because it's the least euphoric out of all drugs. I just woke up at 3:30am kinda hungover. Blah

Well, to be fair, the tobacco companies did spend decades of research and an awful lot of money to figure out how to make cigarettes as addictive as possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_additives_in_cigarettes

Browsing that list feels like going through some kind of RC catalogue or doing an inventory of lab reagents. Also makes me wonder what would happen if somebody pressed a pill that had 600 different research chemicals in it, like sub-threshold amounts of almost everything imaginable. It would probably end up being used in some kind of "this is your brain on drugs" infomercial...

EDIT: Seriously though, Nutmeg, L-Tyrosine, Urea... wtf Philip Morris?

L-tyrosene kills my coke crashes. It is a precursor for dopamine and norepinephrine if I am not mistaken. I don't think I'd smoke that shit. I take it on an empty stomach before the crash, and I wake up feeling fine so long as it wasn't like a three day binge or some shit. 15 days clean of heroin today, but I am coked out again this morning. Shredded my guitar though til my fingers blistered... I like coke for that.

That list is fucking disgusting. I had no idea and it explains why I can enjoy a little rolling tobacco but a puff off a standard cigarette and I want to vomit.

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
hey guys, been tiiiime, excuse me for my absence.
hope you're all well - how've you all been?
for some reason i can just pick up and put down cigarettes with no difficulty,
been smoking on and off for 15 years and i've never had any problems quitting; i just do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

but yeah, not meaning to brag and glad to be back (ツ

I really need help Assimilating to this site. Seems everywhere I post I'm pissing someone off. And no idea why. .
This is a Social thread?
I need help n support as I am a while-ago opiate addict in serious danger of using something dangerous soon. ?

I really need help Assimilating to this site. Seems everywhere I post I'm pissing someone off. And no idea why. .
This is a Social thread?
I need help n support as I am a while-ago opiate addict in serious danger of using something dangerous soon. ?

What's up buddy? How can we help?

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
been smoking on and off for 15 years and i've never had any problems quitting; i just do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welcome back, good sir.

I called the pharmacy and requested a permanent cancellation of the refills I have for my years-long oxycodone prescription. The last three times I relapsed were on pharmacy day. They are a greater threat to me than the heroin dealers. I will never get an opiate prescription again in my life and I am really proud of myself for doing this! It wasn't easy... and it was the last step to commit to staying clean. It has been 15 days now. It is such a relief not to be tempted by that fucking garbage anymore. I don't have cravings at all - at least not yet - but as soon as I pick up my script I binge uncontrollably. Never again, it's really liberating.

I'm working on a new relationship that I know would be much healthier than my last one. I'm doing this for me, but there is a zero drugs policy with this lovely lady who works in health care trying to save people's lives from drug overdoses. She said some young guy lost his scrotum somehow from iv drug use - lots of lost limbs, blood clots, disgusting absesses and a 50/50 death rate. There is always that risk with iv drug use I don't care how many precautions you take.

I'm working on getting into a psychiatrist about my severe panic disorder and benzo use, and also lookimg for work. Cancelling a script I will never get again was really hard and I celebrated with a line of blow amd a guitar jam sesh.

You okay Running Fox? Try not to do anything stupid, everyone is really accepting here and I assume we just want to help. Many of us have suffered from drug abuse and I find that after enduring it, I would like to help as much as possible so please let us know what's up and welcome! I'm 15 days off heroin and oxycodone myself. Cold turkey detox, no cracings whatsoever yet, and despite having chronic pain I am never going back. i feel really accomplished : ) but what's up? It's a social thread but asking for advice is totally fine.

This is a Social thread?

If youre trying to get clean, I would check out sober living.

The posting standards in OD social are pretty lax. This is a pretty good place to become acquainted with the OD regulars and have discussions of all shapes and sizes :)

I am clean. I'm just fearful that with opiate addiction in my past and horrific depression / health concerns currently, that I will be seeking something soon that's not-so-healthy.
I Want to try an anti depressant called tianeptine. .. not FDA approved here in the States but I don't care . I've tried all the other available crap here n nothing's right for me. The med I am talking about has opiate like properties from what I understand. So even if I get some and it helps me, it could harm me....
I'm at my wits end otherwise and terrified of another Dark winter . That's when the mood gets lowest.

That's where its at.
I am sad / angry/ terrified alllllllll the time.
Thanks, everyone who responded.

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Ahhhh keeping nice to have you back.

I confess I am addicted to cigarettes.... Its a bad habit but I cant help it :p

Good ole nicotine I love it!!!!

thanks BTS mate ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
and hell, you could have worse habits..

I fucking hate cigarettes, but have slipped into smoking a couple a day recently. It's such a gross habit, and i want to nip it in the bud (so to speak) really soon.
Started out just being a bit in joints, then i got this intense job...

I'm sure i'll get a cold or something soon enough that will put me off sucking that tar for a couple of days, and get over it.

I agree with captain, i don't really like anything about tobacco or cigarettes, but i do seem to like the ritual and the contemplative nature of going outside and lighting one.
I still gag every now and then though. It's pretty putrid.

In this order for me - wake up smoke, coffee, cereal, smoke, drive to work, smoke, arrive at work, smoke lol......

I smoke about 15 to 20 a day

And what spacejunk says its a gross disgusting habit but I love it toooooooo much.

The hubby smokes too so I am not alone! Yay for me!

My day begins with a beautiful cup of organic raw cacao powder with milk and honey. Plenty of stimulating, filling and delicious too.