• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

Its all relative I guess...everyone is at the centre of their own universe and just cos I might feel worse than you doesn't make what you're feeling any less shit..

65% of feeling like death is still feeling like death..just cos it could be worse, doesn't mean its easy....

But still, 2 months??

Did anyone of you Kratom vets try Akuamma ? It is supposed to be Kratom light (more like a cross between Yohimbe and Kratom I guess). I certainly won't touch it for the next few months but at some point I might and will report.

Btw. I am now almost 2 weeks off and I don't have ANY wd symptoms (just to add personal anecdote to the above horror story, which seems to me to be fabricated by a pharma lobbyist). I abused Kratom for 4-5 years and I don't feel a difference between when I was on it at last and now, the WD including PAWS lasted about 8-10 days. Yeah it is sometimes pretty boring (I rather blame life choices than a lack of Kratom) but also with Kratom times can get pretty boring. And in my experience Kratom can make a boring setting even more depressing. It is not a wonder drug. It is a pretty good mild drug, that won't wreck havoc on your life when abused, but there is always an end with any drug affair, preferably that moment should be before your life ends.

Last edited:
Something that can be overlooked with WDs is the fact that, often, people are using an addictive substance to medicate a problem. If you take something for years to medicate yourself, then your problem could have gotten worse during that time, and you're of course going to feel like crap when you have to deal with it again.

Also, new problems can crop up that are masked by drugs, and something that you think is WD could be a real, separate medical issue. I've heard all sorts of stories about people who abuse opioids for years, quit, and find out they have some serious dental problems that they never really noticed because they were high on painkillers as often as possible.

Ironically Kratom never worked for me as a pain killer. I am in less pain than when I was on Kratom. (not saying that high doses of Kratom cannot work as a pain killer but for me Kratom is a stimulant with opioid side effects)

Kratom and strange biology.

Hello.

I am in the 4th week of kicking a ten year habit of opioids. My DOC was Dillies at about 8mg x 10 a day. Now I have been on a taper of suboxone and down to 0.5mg every 36 hours. I have about 10 more days and then a full step off.

As for comfort med I have steered clear of mor pills. But I have beed unsing peptides (semax selank and hgh) and am trsting Kratom for the following full step off. You can check my post for more info.

I have read the mega thread so I am trying several types with a T&W and going to keep my dose as low as possible. However I have some strange anatomy. I have no lower stomach sphincter mussle and my intestinal track is missing 20% so I have absorption problems. When I take any perspiration meds the work best as a capsule. Where does Kratom get absorbed? Liquids are ok, but hard tablets pass with out much break down. If I take it as a tea or in some food would that help me and my low BA?

I am using about 5g in the morning and 2g (different type for sleeping.

I don't think anyone's really studied kratom digestion. It's a whole leaf, so there'll be a lot of compounds passing through.

The main ingredient is mitragynine (and derivatives), and the closest studied drug, structurally, is yohimbine. That drug has "rapid absorption" but low availability and high variability. I don't know if that means it's absorbed through stomach lining; if you have rapid gastric emptying without a pyloric sphincter, that might affect your ability to absorb the active compounds. And without a sphincter I don't know how you could delay that--if you're diabetic you just eat some protein and it'll gum everything up while your stomach works on it, before moving on the duodenum. But that requires a sphincter.

It could, of course, be absorbed somewhere else, and sliding through your stomach just speeds it up more. Too many confounding compounds and unknowns. I'm afraid to check if we have a plugging kratom thread, but we probably do.

I've been taking kratom for the last couple weeks to get off subs. I have been peeing very yellow. Its probably just dehydration as when I chug a bunch of water it seems to go away. But then comes right back the next morning. Then this morning I had blood in my stool. From all that plants matter ripping through my ass I figured. Still, I'm going to get my liver function tested.

Good idea. Let us know how it goes

I think dehydration from using kratom is pretty common, but the bloody stool is something you'll want to discuss with a doc.

I don't think anyone's really studied kratom digestion. It's a whole leaf, so there'll be a lot of compounds passing through.

The main ingredient is mitragynine (and derivatives), and the closest studied drug, structurally, is yohimbine. That drug has "rapid absorption" but low availability and high variability. I don't know if that means it's absorbed through stomach lining; if you have rapid gastric emptying without a pyloric sphincter, that might affect your ability to absorb the active compounds. And without a sphincter I don't know how you could delay that--if you're diabetic you just eat some protein and it'll gum everything up while your stomach works on it, before moving on the duodenum. But that requires a sphincter.

It could, of course, be absorbed somewhere else, and sliding through your stomach just speeds it up more. Too many confounding compounds and unknowns. I'm afraid to check if we have a plugging kratom thread, but we probably do.

I am used to doing things to help. For example if I need something to remain in my stomach for a while I can lay on my left side. This helps to slow the drainage. I am not diabetic apbut the protein does help with other things like soft pills or gummy (medical marijuana) too.

I will try some tea before bed and see if that helps.

Thanks for the help.

I've been taking kratom for the last couple weeks to get off subs. I have been peeing very yellow. Its probably just dehydration as when I chug a bunch of water it seems to go away. But then comes right back the next morning. Then this morning I had blood in my stool. From all that plants matter ripping through my ass I figured. Still, I'm going to get my liver function tested
Could be hemorrhoids

Try different strains from different vendors.
It could be impurities like pesticides or heavy metals like lead or cadmium thats causing it.

I dont think its the kratom itself

I tried different strains and different vendors, same pain every time so its definitely the kratom. Another thing is that non-prescription painkillers like ibuprofen and paracetamol don't do anything to dull the pain at all, but 100mg of tramadol, or 50mg tramadol + some alcohol takes it away entirely (and makes me feel real soft and cosy as a bonus lol)

Does Kratom make oxy ineffective?

I tried kratom this weekend, and now my oxy isn?t working at all. Can anyone help with explanations or solutions? Thanks.

Does using kratom make oxycodone less effective? I tried Kratom this weekend and now my oxy isn?t working? Do you know how long this will last? Thanks.

Does Kratom make oxycodone ineffective? I tried kratom this weekend and oxy isn?t helping me this morning. Can anybody offer any advice? Thanks.

I can?t explain it but for me whenever i took kratom and then took any other opiate it would dull the effects quite a bit. You might want to stop the kratom if you need to take oxy regularly.

I know it does raise your tolerance but that is with daily use and some think it blocks opiates to some degree. I've mixed kratom, PST and hydrocodone many times and didn't notice any blocking but taken with oxy and it seemed to be a waste.

Taking something like White Maeng Da with oxy feels like a waste ime as they both have stimulating effects for an opiate/opioid type drug. Something with a heavy body buzz like Classic Bali/Red Borneo or Red Horn/Red Maeng mixes very well with oxycodone.

Also IME it's a waste to take oxy with kratom. If I take kratom with another opioid, I usually just feel the kratom

Hello... I have just joined and would appreciate any info/advise concerning the dosing levels of Kratom. I am still taking my meds... but am fed up with having to take them... 8 mgs of dilaudid every four hours orally. What dose of Kratom should I be taking? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... I realize everyone's motabolism is different so I have to adjust it accordingly... i just need a few tips! Thanks!!!

Hello... I have just joined and would appreciate any info/advise concerning the dosing levels of Kratom. I am still taking my meds... but am fed up with having to take them... 8 mgs of dilaudid every four hours orally. What dose of Kratom should I be taking? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... I realize everyone's motabolism is different so I have to adjust it accordingly... i just need a few tips! Thanks!!!

Hey and welcome to Bluelight...

You'd be better off creating a new thread rather than posting in this one as you'd likely get more replies.. just click the create new thread icon in the top right of the main thread list screen.

But honestly, if you're on 48mg (or 24...depending on whether you mean every 3 hours day and night or not) of hydromorphone (dilaudid) per day, kratom probably would have little to no effect as it's nowhere near powerful enough in comparison.. it may help to somewhat alleviate withdrawls if you were to suddenly stop, but it won't replace the dilaudid