• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

Tried the Green Malay at 1 gram this morning... two hours later im snoozing. It hit me when I woke up... This feels an awful lot like gabapentin without the nasty side effects.

At this point I actually feel this is the right strain for pain management. Im just taking it at the wrong time. The worst time for me is at night. A bad night of tossing and turning turns into an even worse day. The pain compounds. My 10 years with morphine always allowed for a solid nights sleep.

The Norm for me the last 8 months since detoxing from a decade of 300mg of morphine daily has been pain when I wake. No ifs ands or butts... Mornings suck big time. Even an hour nap will result in pain. Both times I took the green malay I woke with no pain. My pain level was manageable for the rest of the day.

So going to do 1-2 grams at night for a week or so and see how it goes... Since im not trying to get a buzz im hoping the pain reduction stays. If I start chasing the dragon im done... not going down that road again.

Now for the bad part... Im pretty sure the ban is coming. The DEA/FDA could give a rats ass about who gets hurt ( Folks using it for ailments ), they only see the abuse. You ban it and alot of folks benefit. Big Pharma makes out on increased sales. Court systems cash in on the busts. Corporate prisons cash in. Attorneys cash in. Drug rehab cashes in... Its a win/win for big money. And big money runs this f...ed up country.

R13

A few teaspoons every several hours and I'm good. Don't find it soul destroying like I do Suboxone.

I couldn't agree more treezy. I can't stand suboxone. The taste still lingers if I think about it. And it's been years. And waiting until you are in full blown withdrawal, is lame. Although, I would take it in a pinch to deal with dope sickness... I find kratom much more agreeable. I put it in capsules though...because the taste is horrible as well. As gnarly as it is, I prefer it to the taste of doing the "boxon ill". There's just something about the stuff that doesn't agree with me.

For how many days should i abstain from Kratom to have some "satisfying" bowel movements?

Reducing the dose and frequency of use will also help with that problem? (i'm using 5 grams/twice a day)

For me, usually about 24hrs without dosing was sufficient to get things moving. It's probably gonna depend on how much and how often you're using and your individual body quirks so it's impossible to say. Though you'd probably be good with anywhere between 24-48hrs...

Kratom was never really all that constipating for me. If anything, I found myself more regular than I did with other opioids. Others mileage may vary, of course.

?Toss and Wash? method! Best way..mix with OJ or Grapefruit juice ina water bottle and shake vigorously..let sit for 15 min, then slam it. BAM!

Question for any of you Kratom experts... Im about 8 months free of a decade long 300mg a day Morphine habit ( Pain Management ). Pain has been kicking my butt... Life has been pretty miserable.

I decided to order some moderate Kratom ( Malay Green ). This morning I went and tried it the first time. Did a level teaspoon ( 2 grams ) with some apple sauce. First hour after kick in was just mood elevating ( very Mellow ). Then the train came and ran me over and I slept for 4 hours. Very sleepy to put it mildly.

The experience was not at all opiate like. It did help with pain levels but not at all energetic. Mood enhancing yes. Morphine was always full of energy and fairly clear headedness. Kratom felt like it was dumbing me down. Is what im describing here normal? Going to try a half dose next Friday when I do not have to work ( cannot risk missing work ). I'm not seeing the magic here... Unless of course as a sleep aid.

I also want to add this was purchased from a reputable vendor.

Thanks
R13

Most kratom does not feel "opiate-like" and I've never had kratom that reminded me of morphine. Warm/fuzzy kratom is more like hydrocodone.

Also, it varies. Some of the most " opiate-like" kratom I've had was green malay. Otoh, most green malay was not so good or warm. Some red strains are generally the more narcotic in action. Greens tend to be more tonic in action.

I've been a steady kratom user since 2010, after years of poppy pods ---> suboxone. I know and love kratom.

Also, don't say or type reference to it being outlawed. You might manefest it. Only describe how wonderful it is that a safe and legal plant has the ability to meet our needs.

Not really. I switch varieties and generally eat as little as possible (i prefer small amounts of green kratom for tonic/stimulant effect.). If there is a tolerance, it is not significant at the level I use it at these days.

Edit: for sure there was a tolerance when I was eating an ounce or two a day. But that was years ago before iboga.

?Toss and Wash? method! Best way..mix with OJ or Grapefruit juice ina water bottle and shake vigorously..let sit for 15 min, then slam it. BAM!

Why would you let it sit? In my experience that just lets it settle. I would always drink it right after shaking when I did that method, that way it was still in suspension in the liquid.

Tried Kratrom for first time.. many strains. Organic real ones - the vendor is only an hour drive. Pretty well known also.

So far I have been able to go 2 DAYS (at night the restless legs kick in and I am forced to take a pain pill) without any Oxy/hydro just Kratrom. But I still get: the chills, and runny nose/yawning *sometimes* it?s very weird. It goes away, and then comes on AND off. It is weird as heck. One minute I cannot stop yawning and tears are gushing from my face, then 3 mins later it is suffenly gone. Then an hour later or so it is back - then gone. Kratrom must be hitting me in an odd way?
I just down the powder, followed by juice. Taste horrible but whatever, beats WD.
But...
Restless legs. Maybe I need to try more Kratrom as it is not helping this. I can go 14 hours without any pain pills, but right when it is time to sleep, I cannot sleep as the restless legs are horrible. So I have to take 5mg or so of Oxy to sleep to stop the RLS (yes small dose, I managed to slowly cut down).
Anyone else still experience chills randomly on and off, and then restless legs at night, yet Kratrom knocks out ALL other WD fully besides those few.
I had a dream that a rhino was eating my leg (serious) and damn it felt like it was hurting. Maybe i?ll Double the Kratrom dose at night and see if the restless legs go away... If so... That will be the first time in 5-6 years have gone without taking pain pills!

^ Nice work CB90. What I would do if I were you is take as much of a red strain as you want. Red before bed. Double or triple if your stomach can take it. It can take a lot of suffering away as you balance out. Kratom and perseverance will get you off the pills. But it is just one tool. Get some fresh chamomile and make a strong tea before bed with the kratom.

Tried Kratrom for first time.. many strains. Organic real ones - the vendor is only an hour drive. Pretty well known also.

So far I have been able to go 2 DAYS (at night the restless legs kick in and I am forced to take a pain pill) without any Oxy/hydro just Kratrom. But I still get: the chills, and runny nose/yawning *sometimes* it?s very weird. It goes away, and then comes on AND off. It is weird as heck. One minute I cannot stop yawning and tears are gushing from my face, then 3 mins later it is suffenly gone. Then an hour later or so it is back - then gone. Kratrom must be hitting me in an odd way?
I just down the powder, followed by juice. Taste horrible but whatever, beats WD.
But...
Restless legs. Maybe I need to try more Kratrom as it is not helping this. I can go 14 hours without any pain pills, but right when it is time to sleep, I cannot sleep as the restless legs are horrible. So I have to take 5mg or so of Oxy to sleep to stop the RLS (yes small dose, I managed to slowly cut down).
Anyone else still experience chills randomly on and off, and then restless legs at night, yet Kratrom knocks out ALL other WD fully besides those few.
I had a dream that a rhino was eating my leg (serious) and damn it felt like it was hurting. Maybe i?ll Double the Kratrom dose at night and see if the restless legs go away... If so... That will be the first time in 5-6 years have gone without taking pain pills!

Not sure if you are a pot smoker...if not....try some CBD with kratom. I am completely at peace with CBD and kratom in my body.

So far been 5 days without any pain pills and today I didn?t even wake up in WD. But...

My gallstones are in pain! Can the Kratrom powder perhaps worsen it? The timing is just unbelievable... Right when I get off pain pills, suddenly I have the worst (and longest lasting) gallbladder attacks in my life. Normally they last 15-45 mins now they are lasting 4-10 hours! It?s also now a constant pain, minor, but constant. Even breathing makes the right side hurt =|

I was diagnosed with gallstones months ago.

I?m wondering if *maybe* the Kratrom powder is just irritating my stomach and making pain similar to gallstones? But it is on the right side below the rib cage, so I don?t know... This is so terrible. Finally got off the pain meds after 6 years and my gallstones now hurt after even after the tiniest food.

I have ZERO mental urge to take any pain pills, zero, none, nada, I conquered that!! But I?m DYING in pain whenever I eat. If the gallbladder/gallstones just happened to happen at the exact same time I quit pain pills? Then fml. The timing is unreal. Can?t believe this is happening..

So far been 5 days without any pain pills and today I didn?t even wake up in WD. But...

My gallstones are in pain! Can the Kratrom powder perhaps worsen it? The timing is just unbelievable... Right when I get off pain pills, suddenly I have the worst (and longest lasting) gallbladder attacks in my life. Normally they last 15-45 mins now they are lasting 4-10 hours! It?s also now a constant pain, minor, but constant. Even breathing makes the right side hurt =|

I was diagnosed with gallstones months ago.

I?m wondering if *maybe* the Kratrom powder is just irritating my stomach and making pain similar to gallstones? But it is on the right side below the rib cage, so I don?t know... This is so terrible. Finally got off the pain meds after 6 years and my gallstones now hurt after even after the tiniest food.

I have ZERO mental urge to take any pain pills, zero, none, nada, I conquered that!! But I?m DYING in pain whenever I eat. If the gallbladder/gallstones just happened to happen at the exact same time I quit pain pills? Then fml. The timing is unreal. Can?t believe this is happening..

i have had kratom cause some pretty nasty pain that either exists as bladder damage from ketamine abuse or a possible prostate problem according to my doc. Whatever this pain is, kratom makes it horrible so much so that i recently threw away half a kg of kratom...i even speculate that kratom caused this problem as I haven't done a ton of ketamine in my life (ket causes the pain now too though)

several different suppliers and strains all caused this same pain

if you've ever drank strong kratom tea, you might notice it makes your mouth go numb or sort of burn...can't be great for your insides

Hey folks, it's my first post. I've got some questions about Kratom. I have had two bicycle accidents within the span of 9 months. I broke my humerus first, and then 9 months later, my collar bone. I have taken 5 months off from work altogether, but I'm strapped now for money and I really need to work consistently. I took pain meds prescribed by the doc at the beginning of each accident, but I don't like the way those meds make me feel and I'm not confident that I could work while taking them anyway (they make me incredibly sleepy). I've been trying to deal with chronic pain with Aleve and Ibuprophen, but it's not working very well. The pain is starting to trigger depression.

I don't have a very high tolerance for any drugs. Not even weed. My boyfriend smokes weed, and he offers it to me all the time. It does help with the pain to some extent, but it also makes me feel very inhibited and insular. I realize that we're all different, but is there anyone out there who has had a similar experience to mine, who thinks that kratom might be useful for me.

Is it possible to fully function on a small dose, and will that small dose help with the pain? OK, that's a stupid question, we're all different, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hey folks, it's my first post. I've got some questions about Kratom. I have had two bicycle accidents within the span of 9 months. I broke my humerus first, and then 9 months later, my collar bone. I have taken 5 months off from work altogether, but I'm strapped now for money and I really need to work consistently. I took pain meds prescribed by the doc at the beginning of each accident, but I don't like the way those meds make me feel and I'm not confident that I could work while taking them anyway (they make me incredibly sleepy). I've been trying to deal with chronic pain with Aleve and Ibuprophen, but it's not working very well. The pain is starting to trigger depression.

I don't have a very high tolerance for any drugs. Not even weed. My boyfriend smokes weed, and he offers it to me all the time. It does help with the pain to some extent, but it also makes me feel very inhibited and insular. I realize that we're all different, but is there anyone out there who has had a similar experience to mine, who thinks that kratom might be useful for me.

Is it possible to fully function on a small dose, and will that small dose help with the pain? OK, that's a stupid question, we're all different, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

kratom isn't really the kind of drug that stops you from functioning during the day and to the contrary can give you energy. Low - Moderate dose would probably work well for you. Keep in mind kratom is physically addicting. Not as much as traditional opiates but its important to know before jumping in.

Kratom is not going to get you high if you have an opiate tolerance. It is a mild stimulant, like a much nicer and cleaner caffeine. It is also a mild sedative especially in higher doses. It is pretty subtle if you have an opiate tolerance. If you are opiate naive it can feel similar to hydrocodone with a bit of energy. The thing is it can cause some pretty intense nausea and vomiting, especially in higher doses. Overall, it's pleasant but subtle. Definitely worth trying if you don't have much of an opiate tolerance or if you do it is great for withdrawals.. The extracts like UEI (Ultra Enhanced Indo) are much more refined and potent and are more comparable to an actual opiate. Hope that helps..

I agree but if you take naloxone for a period of time you can reset your opioid receptors and wipe out or greatly reduce your tolerance. Just make sure you're off opioids for a month first.

personal blessing

like many others, opiates and me have a complex love/hate relationship. from poppy milk through oxy, hydro, dilaudid, morph, to tar the signature has always been more or less the same- thankfully pain relieving but also that unfortunate mix of euphoria, grumpiness, itchiness, bad digestion, and of course craving and withdrawals. my recent introduction to kratom and subsequent use has allowed me pain relief with far less negative side effects- less to none itchiness, now the grumpiness is more set and setting related and less chemical, and it seems to ease my cravings for opiates in general- certainly elimates the minor but still disgusting withdrawals i always used to experience. so far, i'm very grateful. let's be as measured in our approach to kratom as possible. it seems to me to be presenting to us a "second chance". thanks

Guys, I'd like to know who here has donated when they have cause I need the encouragement of believing I'm not the only one doing it cause I'm worried about Kratom being banned...

If any of you want to humor me I'd appreciate it if you please let me know if you have donated anything to the American Kratom Association...anything at all...lets not let these evil corrupt bastards ban the plant we love!!!!

3 days off kratom (oxy to subs to kratom.) No noticeable withdrawals.

When this shit gets banned I'm fucked. Kratom makes opiate addiction manageable. If I relapse after it's gone it's subs for life, I work no time for detox anymore.

I'll use weed for aches pains dissociatives for anything more serious.