• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some ways its almost like the biochemical mental health issues are harder to resolve than the psychological ones except that once you find somethint that works it apparantly really really works. Thats what ive noticed with this LTC And how ppl are responding to benzos and some with SSRIs and most recently lamictal.

Im also curious about the hornonal endocrine route but that seems very complicated.

Last edited:
In some ways its almost like the biochemical mental health issues are harder to resolve than the psychological ones

Intuitively this has been obvious to me all along, though there's not much that's intuitive about how the brain works.

If there's mainly regulatory systems that's been damaged, maybe we only need to find the sweetspot with medicines such as SSRIs or lamotrigine to regain full function. I have had the same experience as you when it comes to benzos (diazepam, clonazepam). I feel 99% recovered for days after taking a small dose (.25 mg clonazepam, 5 mg diazepam).

Some days I feel like an idiot for not having started trials with SSRIs already. The reason I haven't is because of fear of sexual side effects, and because I would have to give up social drinking on the weekends. I stayed abstinent for over 2 years, so giving up drinking is the last thing I want to do right now. I will make an effort with my doc to try to get on lamotrigine.

LSD induced definitely HPPD seems more severe than MDMA.

I had absolutely no visuals during my MDMA high and noticed absolutely nothing strange after it. AND my LTC was delayed for a few weeks and came on randomly when everything in my life was fine. I wonder if delayed LTC potentially has no or very low HPPD (VS/BFEP) and could have a different pathology in general to instant LTC?
just like me, no visuals whatsoever during the initial event. Only a couple weeks later did all the floaters appear....then after taking mirtazapine for one day I saw BFEP....and I've seen it occasionally since. Sometimes it's really intense....like when I stand up my entire field of vision is filled with Sparks shooting off in all directions....scary but kinda fun at the same time....then over the course of a couple minutes they fade

If I do not get better in a a few weeks or so in the summer I may look into lamictal.

The thing is I have a history of dry skin/eczema issues and a somewhat overactive immune system so the rash definitely concerns me. Not the SJS rash necessarily but the milder rash issues.

Ive reacted poorly now to SSRI (but that was in the beginning), Tianeptine, Ketamine. So serotonin and NMDA antagonism are totally out of question for my treatment. Bad reaction to clonidine too (increased low mood and also lowering libido/making orgasms bland) so lowering adrenaline didnt work.

Maybe SSRI would work now that im way far from the beginning but like SFT, I am concerned about the sexual side effects which at the stage of recovery I am at absolutely do not outweigh the benefits (which themselves I cannot be sure will happen).

List of things ive reacted well to: Benzos,

Neutral/only somewhat good: lyrica, vistaril, Pregnenolone

Last edited:
I dunno, I had friends who would take klonopin then have beers, and they would be fine. I think the interaction of some meds and alcohol is overblown. Either way, I'm not drinking at all anytime soon, so it's null.

Some people find it unpleasant, but the real health concern would be drinking on lamotrigine I would think

No specific warnings or mentions of interactions when I searched for it in my native language. When I google around now I see that alcohol supposedly increase side effects, but nothing like benzo blackout or mentions of respiratory suppression or anything like that. Do you think drinking will seriously impede the effectiveness of lamotrigine?

When it comes to SSRIs I know that plenty of people drink while on them with relatively minor/non-existent issues. And obviously staying abstinent for a few months while trying a SSRI isn't the end of the world. The sexual stuff is more scary for me. Sex drive/erection has been comparatively unaffected and is among some of the remaining things that still give me confidence/make me feel like a man.

I think the concern with lamotrigine/depakote/oxcarbazepine and alcohol combos is liver/pancreas type stuff and altering the metabolism of those mood stabilizers - if drinking too much altered the metabolism of lamotrigine and suddenly spiked plasma levels then I bet that would increase risk of side effects

If people react good to GABA drugs then my bet is that they will also react well to anti-glutamate drugs (perampanel, lamotrigine, topiramate) because in many ways GABA drugs oppose the excitatory glutamate. But I'm no doctor

Does anyone have bad dizziness/vertigo with nausea or have you seen it here with other ltc sufferers? I don't have it at all times but it worries me the most since I'm not sure if ssris would touch this and it is quite debilitating. I feel more at home with the anxiety, depression to be honest. The physical stuff worries me more. I feel like I'm not fully in control of my eyes for example and my vision seems to bounce around if that makes sense.

I'm currently at 3 weeks and considering trying an ssri since I'm completely unable to function at all. Were you people able to work / study through your ltc? Or did it get significantly better after a while?
I was reading old posts yesterday and one user Rphills or something caught my eye but I can't find his posts anymore... can someone help me in the right direction?

I could do with anything, any words of wisdom, something ... my morale is taking a dive and I'm getting so bored of this now that I finished the last season of breaking bad.

Does anyone have bad dizziness/vertigo with nausea or have you seen it here with other ltc sufferers? I don't have it at all times but it worries me the most since I'm not sure if ssris would touch this and it is quite debilitating. I feel more at home with the anxiety, depression to be honest. The physical stuff worries me more. I feel like I'm not fully in control of my eyes for example and my vision seems to bounce around if that makes sense.

I'm currently at 3 weeks and considering trying an ssri since I'm completely unable to function at all. Were you people able to work / study through your ltc? Or did it get significantly better after a while?
I was reading old posts yesterday and one user Rphills or something caught my eye but I can't find his posts anymore... can someone help me in the right direction?

I could do with anything, any words of wisdom, something ... my morale is taking a dive and I'm getting so bored of this now that I finished the last season of breaking bad.

Try not to get overconcerned with how you are feeling currently. Like you said, you are 3 weeks in, and whilst that may seem like a large amount of time to feel this way, there are people like me who have been dealing with drug related problems for over a year. Im not trying to diminish your problems at all, my point is more that you need to be patient and see what happens over the coming months. There are a number of people who have got back to where they wanted to be with in a matter of months, and that could be you. Dont jump straight into using SSRIs yet because theyll likely cause increased issues for a while, especially whilst youre in a sensitive state. Just dont do any drugs, caffeine and nicotine included, eat well (lots of veges and fruit) and do some daily physical activity. Its a challange for sure but itll help you.

Is it because of my shocking memory that i no longer feel like im experincing time like i used to? Its like 4 hours and 10 minutes feel exactly the same and life is just passing and i cant do anything to stop it. Any one here experience any thing like this? Id cry if my memory started to improve, my short term is non existant at the minute.

I think I know why some may have reacted badly to curcumin but its just a theory. Some of these supplements have actually potent effects on other systems as well. Im not a doctor so I cannot be sure but:

https://selfhacked.com/2016/06/09/hidden-benefits-dht-increase-reduce/

Curcumin can reduce DHT a bit. Idk if its significant but DHT is anti anxiety and has anti depressant effects.

Im trying to make sure I don't take any supplements that are inadvertantly dht blockers.

I truly believe the LTC is just some complex neuroendocrine imbalance but we havent figured it out yet. And maybe the imbalance is unique in different ppl itself.

So while DHT may be invovled in hair loss in those predisposed its critical to mental health. Id take my mental health over hair.

Regrets9995, It sounds like you are just dealing with one of the many symptoms that comes along with DP and DR. In the first 6 months or so, I felt like my memory was completely shot, and to some degree it still does, but is much better now a year and a half in.

Saying this, even when I was in the pits of hell with this thing, I had to remember large amounts of information and multiple studies for exams at uni. One exam required me to essentially recite 12 studies from memory and I managed to get a high grade despite my situation. It really does feel like our minds are truly messed up but you'll be surprised what you can do when you are given the chance, and time will certain show improvements for you, even if you did not recover 100%

Socrilus, there is some speculation and a number of studies showing that curcumin extract can have an impact on DHT levels. BUT this is curcumin extract not turmeric. Curcumin makes up about only 3% of turmeric by weight and even then has a very limited bioavailability unless combined with something like pepper. Curcumin makes for an effective anti-depressant treatment for MDD but otherwise it shouldn't really be used in extracted form. In fact, as a nutrition graduate, I always say to anyone that under most circumstances, that use of extracts or concentrations taken from whole foods are generally a bad idea. Unless there is a some sort of allergy or food intolerance to turmeric, it should be consumed daily, with it being one of the worlds healthiest foods.

I highly recommened those with a depression based LTC try implementing golden milk as part of their daily routine before they consider SSRIs

I personally bet that curcumin's effects on monoamine oxidase and tryptophan metabolism (and then the neural fallout) could be the culprit of someone's adverse effects.

I think you can feel some monoamine resembling effects from higher doses, but I've only seen this with Longvida formulation. The subjective effects kind of reminded me of SNRIs.

Hey guys, wanted to check in. I started zoloft two weeks ago and I'm happy to say I have about a 20-30 percent improvement in symptoms (across the board). I'm also on seroquel for sleep also which is helping a lot. It's doing a number on my anxiety which seems to be the driver in all this.

Hey guys, wanted to check in. I started zoloft two weeks ago and I'm happy to say I have about a 20-30 percent improvement in symptoms (across the board). I'm also on seroquel for sleep also which is helping a lot. It's doing a number on my anxiety which seems to be the driver in all this.

Glad to hear it! Any visual effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.