• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've realized lately that I'm very materialistic. In fact I spend much of my thought on how I can change my financial status. I partied hard for the first time in months last night, haven't been socializing enough lately.

I dunno, it's just weird. I'm past the psychedelic peak of my life. I barely trip these days, and my thoughts and beliefs seem to be very self-centered recently. I have the time and place to trip if I want, but I choose not to. I'm not sure I'll ever recapture the mindset I had back in college. It seems almost naive in retrospect, but I was happier...

Anyone here ever have dreads? I want to get mine done like now but I don't know if I should hit a mens barbershop or like the salon type places that do extensions and weaves and stuff. Here there are a bunch of both (cause you know there's Puerto Rican ones too but I'm thinking I'd be best going to one of the black establishments...)
If I just had them lock it up the same as they do for black hair and used products or honey or beeswax or whatever I'd think it's be fine and my hair would like change texture after a week or two...
I may take my shahada soon as well. I'm done with putting off doing the things that I think are best

Life is beautiful :) awe inspiring.

I feel like before were born. Were fully aware that it's going to be full of suffering and pain but were like "fuck it let's do this!!!!" Then boom were babies crying.

I love you people. I hope everyone is having a great night:D

^=D

Dreamflying is probably a decent description of its effects...

I've done awful things on zolpidem. I would black out and cause trouble. I woke up once and I had slashed my arms with a serrated knife, broken stuff and shattered glass in my then apartment. Still have some deep fucking scars from that. I also get killer anxiety the next day, massive trembling, hallucinations and it has caused seizures but that is probably particular toe :\

Obviously, I do not touch it now, ever. But, when I first used it, I was maybe 19 and I loved that 15minutes of weirdness before passing out, my sweet spot was 30mg. In the end, I would just end up robotically eating more and more in that weird fugue state it induces.

I actually think its a scary and pretty useless/dangerous drug to take. I would advise caution. But I do have some fond memories of it.

I think zolpidem, z-drugs in general, can tap into people's creativity. Some people re-arrange their house or create pieces of art (I think there was a website at one pont dedicated to people's Ambien art). It seems to be able bring dreams to the surface before someone has actually fallen asleep, which is cool, but also potentially dangerous.

I always got a pretty comical kick out of zolpidem, but there was something about zopiclone that would have me making music on my computer all night. I was actually quite surprised to wake up and find some of the stuff I made.

It doesn't really have that affect anymore unfortunately. I think I've taken it too much. Might take a long break from it and try again in a few years.

Hello old friends! Hope life is treating everyone well. I've missed this place so I wanted to drop in. It's nice to see some new "faces" in here! <3

Probably going to drop 125mcgs of ALD-52 tomorrow before the eclipse to spice it up. I've been meaning to trip for awhile now so I figured tomorrow's the day!

Hoping to begin posting again. I've missed my home away from home. This community and you fellows are too great to stay away for too long!<3

Hey man! I hope you do start posting again, we could use some Help?!?! around here.

;)

My girl and I went hiking today, and we barely got into an area that usually has no one off the parkway, so many people were coming to camp to see the eclipse tomorrow. People are eclipse crazy here. My town has a huge tourist influx (even above usual), we got back and wanted to go out to eat and the wait was 45 minutes, people are everywhere, like ants. I wasn't able to get tomorrow off work because other people thought farther ahead than me, but my boss is willing to work with me so I'm doing some work tonight to balance it out and I'm gonna take like 3 hours or so off tomorrow, driving an hour and gonna see it. It's supposed to be fairly clear tomorrow except there is a chance of storms in the 2-3pm hour (which is when the eclipse is). Imagine the shock and horror if a cloud was in the way when it happened? I'm hoping it's not the case but at least I didn't travel here and make an expensive vacation out of it like so many others. This eclipse got marketed SO HARD, I've never seen anything like it.

On the plus side (was there a minus?), my girl and I were skinny dipping in a river today and she told me we should grow mushrooms. Then we started planning. God I love this woman. :)

Really looking forward to seeing this eclipse though, I've always wanted to see a total solar eclipse. I had this teacher for a gen ed space science course I took in college, he was the coolest dude, every class started with pink floyd videos and he would just regale us with awesome space stuff and tell us we should make sure to get high before class. But he had this thing, he'd always say (literally he said this exact thing at least a dozen times over the course of the class, always with an intense fervor that bordered on inappropriate): "You simply MUST see the TOTALITY, it's practically ORGASMIC!"

Haha, that's good because as you know I'm always down to Help?!?!

That sounds crazy man, but I can imagine since I believe you live in the total eclipse band. I'm jealous for sure, would love to see that! That's cool your boss is like that, always sounded like an awesome boss from your description s(what sort of boss is interested let alone super understanding about his employee under going an ibogaine excursion to aid his opiate addiction?!?). Your girl also sounds really cool. You picked a real winner from the sounds of it! I had a feeling way back when for some reason when we first discussed her that she'd be good for you! VSo glad you found someone like her after all you went through with your ex! Teachers like that are so great, really inspiring when they have such passion for what they teach.

Help?!?! You know I need somebody
Help?!?! Not just anybody
Help?!?! You know I need someone
Help?!?!

=D

I hope all you North Americans enjoy your eclipse tomorrow! I was pretty bummed to be missing out but I read today there's going to be another total solar eclipse (across the US) in 2024, so I don't have to try to live another 99 years for the next one. That one will cross the continent at a different angle, but apparently there's a town in Illinois (Carbondale) that will be in the path of totality for both! Pretty exciting for those folks.

Yeah we aren't getting a good view where I am at all but it still is cool in concept and worth checking it out. 2024 we should get a better look at it but that's too long away to really care about.

Haha, that's good because as you know I'm always down to Help?!?!

That sounds crazy man, but I can imagine since I believe you live in the total eclipse band. I'm jealous for sure, would love to see that! That's cool your boss is like that, always sounded like an awesome boss from your description s(what sort of boss is interested let alone super understanding about his employee under going an ibogaine excursion to aid his opiate addiction?!?). Your girl also sounds really cool. You picked a real winner from the sounds of it! I had a feeling way back when for some reason when we first discussed her that she'd be good for you! VSo glad you found someone like her after all you went through with your ex! Teachers like that are so great, really inspiring when they have such passion for what they teach.

Yeah you did call it, I remember. :) You told me I was gonna end up in love, and I was like, I dunno, not sure I want to, I haven't even been single long. Honestly it's just gotten better and better, the only thing is she has been dealing with depression which is sometimes pretty bad lately, but she/we is/are working towards getting it resolved.

We're only getting 70% coverage here, doesn't seem nearly as exciting :\

Well, where my house is it's like 80% or 90% maybe, but I'm only an hour away from full coverage so I'm going. The minute or so during total coverage is apparently quite otherworldly since you see a black hole in the sky with a corona emanating out from it. As I understand it, it's pretty fucking cool. I've seen a partial eclipse before, it's like, it got darker, then back to lighter, no big deal.

Oh man the totality is at 2:37, right when, looking at the 15 minutes at a time forecast, it's supposed to be going from partly cloudy to mostly cloudy. Of course up til the 2:00 hour it's not a cloud in the sky. Hope I get lucky... really want to see the totality/corona around the sun...

So I'm going to Chicago for my best friend's wedding this weekend. It's black tie, so I'm renting a tux. I feel so bourgie D:

Eclipse day... yeah. :) Witnessing it was pretty crazy. I've never seen light look like that, it was like it was dark and fully sunny at the same time. Also the crescent-shaped shadows, I saw that once as a kid during a partial eclipse and always wondered if I imagined it. The moments before and during the totality felt so charged, it was a really crazy feeling. I can imagine how people in the past might have thought the world was ending or something. The quality of the light made everything seem to unreal.

Afterwards, my girl and I went to see 3 different waterfalls and I swam in a river. All in all, a pretty fantastic day. :) <3

I saw a solar eclipse at an awesome festival about 15 years ago, tripping sackage in the desert, a sight I'll both never forget nor really remember... I do recall a line of darkness travelling across the barren earth and the odd sudden coolness. Like being on Mars at sunset without the unshielded radiation and easier to get home from too..

That would be amazing to see the line of the moon's shadow moving across the earth..

It's pretty trippy how the moon is exactly far enough away from the earth to cover the sun pretty much 1:1 during a full eclipse. It's one hell of a coincidence.

Eclipse day was awesome. Our neighbors got those special glasses for direct viewing, which was really cool. Got to see it at near totality. Some really cool shadows during the eclipse, too - little crescent patterns forming in the leaves and shit :)

I saw a crescent moon covering, that was about it. It got darker, as if I was wearing sunglasses for 30 minutes, and the temperature in the direct sun was lower. Still an interesting experience :)

Status
Not open for further replies.