• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah yesterday was pretty magical. There is a local astronomy-themed bar that was providing everything from a badass telescope, glasses, a packed scene of cool heads, and of course a $1 drink at the eclipse apex. We only had 70% coverage, but it still felt spiritually striking to gaze upon.

I remember watching a full Eclipse back in 98, I believe, as a child. was pretty epic. :)

That would be amazing to see the line of the moon's shadow moving across the earth..

It's pretty trippy how the moon is exactly far enough away from the earth to cover the sun pretty much 1:1 during a full eclipse. It's one hell of a coincidence.

Part of me wonders whether I saw this or not, I was on acid, ketamine maybe even cocaine... But it was a magical doof to say the least.

Weird thing about eclipses is that in the not so distant future, the moon will have moved further away and total eclipses will be a thing of the past... they happen now at the exact brief moment that a sentient being can observe them...a coinxidence that tickles my face gland indeed :) (above statement may be my misunderstanding something I may have read)

Fucking waves of anxiety keep washing against me :|

The sun will explode and only ashes remain...

I just realized I can only find one of my vials of 3C-E... I have 2 vials that each have around 3 grams in them. One has disappeared. Not a good thing to lose, really... hope I find it. :\

EDIT: Shit, my little bro just called me and he got selected for a random drug test at work. He's a senior level engineering salesman, makes a lot of money, travels around the world, has a bunch of personal client relationships. He parties with some of his clients. His company has a random drug testing thing, probably designed for the shop guys, which makes sense as they could hurt or kill themselves on the machines. But makes no sense for my brother. They'd be idiots to fire him, he's the best they've got. He said there is a crisis at work today so he's going to ignore the test and pretend he forgot later. He's worked there for years and never had a test so he's gotten lax and started smoking again. Fucking stupid shit. Imagine getting fired from your career job for smoking something that's recreationally legal in multiple states now, that has never caused any job performance problems. Mandatory drug testing is so stupid.

Last edited:
Yeah that's what I told him to do, he's gonna pretend he forgot because of this client crisis today, and go to head shops looking for fake piss systems. He'll have to do it tomorrow so no time to order something. He's a smart dude, I think he'll be able to figure it out. God that would be such a huge pile of bullshit if he got fired because he smokes weed. He's their best salesman and angling to move farther up. Apparently their workers on the shop floor have had a problem with being drunk at work recently so they decided to implement a random unannounced drug test policy for the entire company, including the white collar divisions such as sales. 8)

Pretty nervous for my bro though, it's giving me anxiety. He and his wife just bought their first house like 3 weeks ago, so it would be pretty terrible for him to lose his job since he brings in most of the money. Planning to have their first kid in the next year or so too.

I had to do a drug test when I started my engineering apprenticeship. I just said I couldn't go as I'd just been, and they eventually just told me to come in a few days later, by which point I was clean.

If it came up now I'd probably just feign illness, then say I'd just do it whenever I came back and act all casual like it was no big deal. Possibly getting a sample off a friend if neccesary.

Iirc they just gave me a tube and asked me to hand it in.

Thanks. :) Yeah drug testing is so fucking dumb. They can also drug test you for traffic-related stuff and give you a DWI if you come up positive for marijuana, even though as we all know (and they know too), it stays in your system for an absurdly long time, long, long after you're dead sober again.

If they fire him for this, it will be so idiotic and pointless.

I told him he needs to do the synthetic urine thing and he'll be fine.

I've known guys in ROTC programs who don't leave their dorm without a bag of fake piss strapped to their thigh. Seriously fucked.

My job tests too if you get injured on the job. First month there, I pulled a muscle in my back, couldn't work... Once I found out they'd test me if I reported it, I just gave up and kept injuring it continually until I got transferred to a less strenuous position. Let's just say if I ever crash the forklift into anything, I'm gonna take off my uniform, walk straight out, and never look back :\

Well my brother called and said he went to an HR person he's got a good relationship with. They talked "off the record" and the HR person said that he actually can say he forgot and he'll be fine as long as he gets it done by August 31st. So that gives him 10 days. He already hadn't smoked for 2 days, and he had taken a week off and then smoked for 5 days after that, before Monday. So he's going to exercise, drink lots of fluid, take some niacin, and generally just try to flush and pass the test. I told him he should get some synthetic urine for if this happens in the future. So he got a bit of a reprieve. He also found out from the HR person that they would definitely fire him if he failed, he was thinking they probably wouldn't because they'd lose their relationships with half of their clients, it would be a disaster for the company. But since it's corporate they would HAVE to fire him according to their policy so they would do it anyway. About as retarded as it gets. 8)

So thankful that my company doesn't drug test even to get the job... my boss told me years after I got hired that drug testing is stupid, and they just judge based on whether you do good work. Whether you do drugs is irrelevant. Why would you try to fire someone who does great work for you because you found out they're a weed smoker? It doesn't change anything. Quite sensible! I even told her when I was having my worst troubles with opiate addiction, and my other boss found out I did ibogaine to get off opiates (because I wrote him an incomprehensible email). No one had a problem with it other than them being worried for me when they found out I was struggling. My boss who knows about the ibogaine even asked me what it was like. :)

Well my brother called and said he went to an HR person he's got a good relationship with. They talked "off the record" and the HR person said that he actually can say he forgot and he'll be fine as long as he gets it done by August 31st. So that gives him 10 days. He already hadn't smoked for 2 days, and he had taken a week off and then smoked for 5 days after that, before Monday. So he's going to exercise, drink lots of fluid, take some niacin, and generally just try to flush and pass the test. I told him he should get some synthetic urine for if this happens in the future. So he got a bit of a reprieve. He also found out from the HR person that they would definitely fire him if he failed, he was thinking they probably wouldn't because they'd lose their relationships with half of their clients, it would be a disaster for the company. But since it's corporate they would HAVE to fire him according to their policy so they would do it anyway. About as retarded as it gets. 8)

Has he taken niacin before? Tell him to make sure he gets the one that causes a flush... And not to take it within at least two hours of having to see anyone. =D

Yeah me too, that is some real crazy bullshit. Best of luck to your brother Xorkoth!

Well as a matter of fact I had to do a urine test once, when I was up for the draft. But in that case the positive reaction for cannabis only meant that I was spared the trouble of having to become a conscientious objector. :D

Haha, that's awesome. :) If there's ever a draft here again you better believe I'll do the same thing. War isn't for me, I'd be bad at it I think.

So easy... no need to run to Canada either!

Haha, that's awesome. :) If there's ever a draft here again you better believe I'll do the same thing. War isn't for me, I'd be bad at it I think.

So easy... no need to run to Canada either!
I'm about to start work as a lineman for the local power company, unfortunately from what I've heard random testing is done 3-5 times a year :( terrible thing that its going to keep me from smoking, but they can't test for psyches:) all o need is a tab once or twice a month to keep myself straight!

Drug testing strikes again. Well at least psychedelics are all good. It's so absurd that marijuana takes basically the longest of any drug to leave your system, but fortunately psychedelics are out so quickly that they don't even bother testing (unless you count PCP).

Going to a one-day free music festival in a small hippie community on Saturday with my girl and her friend who I'm getting to know. Currently she feels like taking some acid, I'm certainly down. :) Should be great. Her friend is really cool, we've gotten along great so far. She just moved here from Oregon (where they both used to go to college, which is how they met), and my girl was so happy she teared up, because this is one of her best friends.

That sounds fun. Once in college I went with this group to a jam band type of thing out in the wilderness. First time encountering legit hippie chicks in see thorugh skirts hairy armpits and all. Was a fun night as we took blotter lsd of which 2 drops went my way. Some band called leftover salmon was the big group that evening and I don't remember much about the show other than they sounded like some face melting bluegrass/phish hybrid. Moral of the story is that hippie chicks and gatherings are peaceful and full of fun.

That sounds fun. Once in college I went with this group to a jam band type of thing out in the wilderness. First time encountering legit hippie chicks in see thorugh skirts hairy armpits and all. Was a fun night as we took blotter lsd of which 2 drops went my way. Some band called leftover salmon was the big group that evening and I don't remember much about the show other than they sounded like some face melting bluegrass/phish hybrid. Moral of the story is that hippie chicks and gatherings are peaceful and full of fun.

Hey, I did an online review for a Leftover Salmon album back around 1999! I remember they had a tune called "Breakin' Through" that was really good.

Small world :D

Status
Not open for further replies.