• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 4-HO-McPT Thread

Really interesting to have you input Kaleida, something concrete at least. Well at least you think it looks interesting - more like 4HO-DPT potency perhaps? Also you don't mention duration - I was guessing roughly fairly standard 4HO duration +/-4 to 8hr depending on individual dose etc but possible on the shorter end of the scale?

Thx kaleida. I think I'll pass on this one if there is almost no effect at 50mgs but stimulation. Not what I was expecting tbh. Next up give us a malt freebase report please!

No problem, and yeah if you're pressed for cash I probably wouldn't go for it at least just yet.... It was quite nice for what it is, but I'm not sure it'd be worth the cost if this is all it is. I still have some optimism though, and I'll be taking a higher dose soon (probably a couple weeks from now) so we'll see how that pans out. :) I think it could still turn out to be quite good, but more on that later in the report.

Ah, MALT is one I unfortunately don't have. If I do try it I'll definitely let you guys know it goes but I'm not planning a buy for a while, possibly a pretty good while. I am curious as always but I do still have a good few other molecules to try too, including MPT and EPT, so I'll get to write something along those lines at least. I'm sure someone will grab that one before too long though, I know there were some pretty big fans of 5-MeO-MALT out there so it's not like the structure is quite as unexplored as the McPTs. Hopefully pretty soon too, as I'd love to read that report!

Really interesting to have you input Kaleida, something concrete at least. Well at least you think it looks interesting - more like 4HO-DPT potency perhaps? Also you don't mention duration - I was guessing roughly fairly standard 4HO duration +/-4 to 8hr depending on individual dose etc but possible on the shorter end of the scale?

Yeah, I would say at least potency approaching as low as 4-HO-DPT, I could really see it going either way at higher doses at this point - either its mildness hindering the dose-response curve and making it seem even weaker, or perhaps the effects it does have once fully manifested will ramp up more quickly than 4-HO-DPT's. Around this point they are similar though, superficially.

Well, there were three hours and ten minutes between when I dosed and went to sleep, which seems like a pretty short time, but it's really only because the stimulation was no longer strong enough to be interesting and there was no real trip to make up for it, and plus I was just tired and knew I could easily fall asleep through the lingering effect. I did definitely feel that the trip could have still been going if it had been fully realized though, and I woke up and started smoking about eight hours after dosing and it brought the energy back by a good amount, almost like it was still barely holding on and not just afterglow. I'm guessing that the overall duration of powerful effects probably won't be too different from other 4-substituted tryptamines taken at these sorts of concentrations.

So far, I think I can relate to Erny's assessment of McPT having some similarities to 5-MeO-DiPT or other tryptamines with really bulky tails. I was sort of guessing that 4-HO-McPT might be like 4-HO-MiPT, but it actually did feel much more like 4-HO-EPT or 4-HO-DPT do for me overall, in that the headspace is extremely light and there is a lack of most visuals at this dose but the visionary effects and body high suggest that the visuals and euphoria could be incredible if the dose was high enough. There are significant differences between them too though, it's given me a lot to think about... but again, I'll go into that in the report.

Tested 4-ho-mcpt fum. twice, orally in gelcap:
1) at 14mg (to check the activity and body response) - get only +1 for 2-3 Hours. Some tryptamine body buzz, enhanced concentration but overall nothing really special to describe.
2) At 38mg with a friend (took 34mg). Went for a mount hike near the alpine ski resort. Effects started at +40min point and peaked at +1:10. Tryptamine body high reminded of both 4-ho-met and 4-ho-dpt, bit of clumsy-fluffy not the dipt/mipt type of energy. Mentally state was dreamy and lazy, though processes became slow and smooth (Surprisingly trip went without 4-ho-dmt/met yawning). Not a deep psychedelic in any aspect at this dosage. Social interactions went clear but also bit lazy and slow, some empathy enhancement was present. Overall Duration about 5.30 (enhanced by smoking a joint at 4:30). No negative side effects were present.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I think 50-60mg is good starting point with this substance if you know exactly what you have.[/FONT]

Hey valera, thanks for the report and welcome to Bluelight. :) It's nice to actually hear about others taking this for once, and it seems we have found similar results in terms of potency.

If you do try this one again any time soon, we'd definitely love to hear more about it! I'm planning to take 75 mg soon myself to see if that will be enough to really bring the trip out.

I think this stuff is just lovely - tried 43mg by insufflation - I think 50mg or so by parenteral administration would be great or probably a good 100mg or so orally - report in TR

Well it hurt but I've had worse. Smoking vaping might work and of course plugging. Really oral would be preferable but this was all I was given.

Here is a short report with a total of ~104mg 4-HO-MCPT:
HTML:
 I might have had a slight tolerance (I've taken 2C-T-21 three days prior. 3-4 days being my 'standard tolerance' for psychedelics).

T+0:00 - I've taken 72mg of 4-HO-MCPT orally enwrapped in cigarette paper.
T+1:15 - I did'nt feel anything that was distinguishable from a placebo.  So I decided to go for another 32mg intranasally to kick things off. The burn is strong with this one.
T+1:20 - Yep, this was needed to get the ball rolling. Started to come up within a few minutes. Very nice, geometrical visuals, reminiscant of other tryptamines. A cool bull-like pattern on my wall. Friendly headspace. For some reason I decided to register on this strange internet forum called 'Bluelight'.
T+2:30 - Starting to come down.
T+3:45 - Pretty much back to baseline.

This is the first tryptamine I've taken in over a year and I don't know what to think of that one. The main part of the trip is like 2 1/2 hours if at all. This short duration might make it interesting for some use-cases. What also comes to mind is the combination with a MAO-Inhibitor which might increase the duration.
Also this had almost non-existent bodyload which is kind of disappointing. But also no nausea whatsoever which is kind of nice.

I might try this again with an initial dose of 120mg orally.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for the report. :D Makes me want to take this one again, I have been itching to get some more fully developed effects from it.

Also, welcome to the forum. :) The line breaks could be related to your browser.... Tor always turns my posts into a wall of text.

Hey, welcome, thanks for sharing. :) This one doesn't seem too promising, not many reports on it yet though.

Well thanks to a vendor mishap, 200mgs turned into 200grams. It had been a while since I've tripped, nearly a year, and been waiting to try it, there wasn't much info at all so I just waited for time.

Anyways, nearly an hour ago I smoked 15-20mgs off some bud, I feel like the effects of that dose came in within a few minutes. It feels pretty good, pretty good euphoria, visuals look not really distorted, just has a shine to it that makes it less clear. Good vibes on it. I'm actually going to dose a little more, but it seems like they're could be some very good effects. It's been a while since I've done any tryptamines like this, and although I like to trip, I don't have experience with the majority of these newer compounds. I've only used lsd, mushrooms, dmt, 25enbome, One shroom analog I actually can't remember, and this. I'll report more here later this afternoon after the redose and comedown, to give a better report.

Uh, whoa, that's quite the vendor mishap. 8o Wish that would happen to me! Please do report back as you explore this, there isn't much on it yet.

How the fuck could 200mgs a 20$ purchase turn into 200gs? Mcpt is rare and not very popular so unless it came from China you probably have all of the stock the had.... It makes absolutely no sense at all to me for a mishap of that magnitude to happen.

Yeah come to think of it I also don't know of any place that sells 200mg increments.

Yeah it was from china. I bought ten grams of 4clpvp, looking into a decent stim and sent them an extra twenty for 200mgs. I only talk to them in emails and never through a site so I was able to get a sample. They're cool, always able to get samples if I order. They sent it a new way, idk if they sent it themselves or if it was a different party through them, anyhow they made a miscalculation. I believe it was through a party because .200 and 200 are close in text, just forgetting the period. But, my girl also found out, not good, and had to flush like 145-150 grams. Luckily put 40grams up and the 10gs of 4clpvp, just kept the extra weight out as getting a sample. It was like 12 grams so I've been messing with the two grams. She didn't want bulk around, especially before the convesation so I was lucky to keep any of it. I didn't really feel at a loss other than just losing it, I still came out way a head. Sorry just felt the need to explain that.

And yeah, redose of the same amount right after I posted previously, didn't do much more. I caped roughly the same amount about two hours later, the taste was way stronger, much more smoke. A slight increase in effects, but not much, felt like I was going back to baseline and it just pushed it enough to be noticeable. But wasn't strong, but overall the experience made for a good morning. The best way I could describe the effects at that dose, reminded me a lot like an after peak on effects. Like the point in an acid or shroom trip where the visuals slow down, more vibrant and colorful, enhanced, but nothing like wow. A pretty positive headspace, it didn't get deep or anything, but there also wasn't any sort of anxiety, which normally I have in a trip. It felt good, the euphoria for the first ten, twenty minutes I haven't felt in a while, it felt on par with good opiates, that's what came to mind at the time, but probably like good shrooms. I feel like the past few times I've done shrooms I didn't get the body buzz I like with it and just didn't think of it at the time. I also got hungry and ate during it, I'll have to see if they were foods to avoid with interactions, but didn't experience anything negative. I feel like it's gone for the most point, really after 4 hours or so. But hitting some bud ,and having a good morning, and no negative effects will lead me to try to go further. I've read mixed reports on oral though, I would of snorted it but my nose has been fucked since I've got the 4clpvp. I'll probably aim for around 100mgs, I might bring myself to snort it because the effects seem to be the best that way, but I've heard it hurts. Worse than the 4cl.
Last weekend I gave my buddy a line to try, he was really wanting to, and he said initially it hurt like hell, and after about ten minutes apologized multiple times for then blowing his nose. But after about fifteen minutes he just said it started coming on strong, enough to where if you can get past the burn, it's worth it. He said it was very shroom like, but a little less visuals, and more body. His eyes looked way more trypt out than mine too today. But also, there was a few bong packs of bud, and multiple lines of 4clpvp and a few attempts at smoking.
Sorry, if any of this is annoying to read, just wanted to share the most I can gather with this stuff. I feel like a lot of the ones I mess with are the most unknown ones when it comes to rcs, and it sucks when no info is posted, or if the info is just useless like "it's shit", or of the like. I 'll likely go a head and try again in a week or so and push it.
Out of curiousity, if this is a completely safe compound in the areas that keep most people from studying it, does anyone have an idea how far you can push dosages?

I got ansy, had about 4 hours to be at work, so I decided to give it another go. Snorting works way better than vaping off foil, or smoking of bud. Burns a bit, but it turns into relief after ten minutes or so. By the time I sneezed and had to blow my nose, I could taste the drain and effects started. Was approximately 40-50mgs, was expecting a sharper burn so was testing the waters. Very intense body like buzz, deeper trip than yesterday, but very positive. Watching tv in bed with the lights off was colorful, but not crazy. I would want to call it a dreamscape like trip. It was positive and happy, but lasted well into going to work, which is alright but being a service worker at a fast food place, taking orders with the time dialarion seemed endless. Now that I know what the burn brings, I'm gonna still go for around a hundred mgs on my next day off.

For those who have tried it - Is it worth buying 4-HO-McPT for it's stimulating effects? I personally like tryptamine stimulation so I think I might enjoy it...8)

Also, if anyone have tried, any difference of effects compared to it's 4-AcO counterpart?

In my experiences with all 4 sub tryptamines when the oral BA isn't so good insufflation or rectal administration is usually the best option who ever said they would take it sublingual is a brave person. Example - 4-aco-dpt You can eat 50 mgs and have a mild to medium trip but if you snort 25-30 you will get a +++. Once I ate 25mg and insufflated 15-20mg and that trip had the best visuals I've ever had without a real bad mind fuck. The carpet literally bubbled up like a boiling bubbling cauldron! Happy tripping! and everybody please use self harm reduction techniques while tripping!!!

Last edited:
The 4-ACO counterpart is most likely more potent by weight but the theory is that 4-ACO metabolizes into 4-HO when metabolized. Also 4-ACO counterparts are usually more stable and hold potency longer than 4-HO

Last edited: