• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 4-HO-McPT Thread

I got around to taking 100 mg of 4-HO-McPT some time ago, and I still didn't manage to pass any kind of threshold I was first hoping for when I first got into this stuff, but I did have an experience of a kind that I'm able to appreciate much more these days and ultimately found it quite satisfying.

Essentially, it was like having the high of a 4-substituted tryptamine, particularly one alike 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-MPT, and 4-HO-MiPT without basically any of the trip, except that instead of being more like just some clean stimulation like the lower dosages, it had reached the level of a more intense but zen and contemplative headspace, so that one thing about it did have a very psychedelic feeling to it still. In retrospect, it was not unlike 4C-D in this way, which I had not yet taken at the time. I do recall feeling that it had a very positive afterglow as well.

I don't know if I'll continue pushing the dosage with this one or not, though I haven't seen any signs yet that would make me concerned for my health in doing so. I'm happy to have it already as it is either way to me though, it's not flashy but it's yet another novelty, and one that I enjoy enough.

Last edited:
The McPTs seem like they're probably not going to develop into anything. I'm glad they were made so we can know, though.

I would generally have to agree with that, though would note to any prospective chemist listening that I would still try McPT itself if it ever came into my life. :) I probably wouldn't pursue 4-HO-McPT again, but I think I will get a lot of good out of it while it lasts.

I heard that they made test batches of McPT, EcPT, and PcPT a few years ago and decided that they weren't good enough to put on the market.

I heard the same, and then I ranted to them about how it's fucked for the vendors to keep information about those drugs to themselves for marketing reasons. I heard from the same source notable effects ascribed to them, so who's to say the vendors know they wouldn't be worth it for us better than we do?

Yeah that's true. I don't see why they don't anonymously release trip reports about these things.

If thought about picking this up for collecting purposes and to trip on a few times. Doesn't sound like the one to change the world but I'm sure it has it's virtues. The only thing is it's not exactly cheap for what it seems capable of. Seems like something to take and then go about your day as is. I'm a big fan of day tripping

It's not high on my list though and who knows how long it will be around. Can't see them making this for years based on the reports. But i would still take it for the novelty factor.

I probably won't bother although one day this will probably be inordinately obscure because I doubt they'll make it again. The collector in me says yes... the pragmatist in me conferenced with the collector and realized there are a whole lot more things to collect still. Collecting psychedelics is an expensive hobby...

I'm about to try this today, at 60mg orally. I got some in a trade, this will be my first trial. I don't have a lot, so I decided to start at 60mg instead of lower, based on the small amount of existing reports. Going to go on a long hike at a really cool spot, meeting up with an old friend of my girlfriend's. She is microdosing LSD. :) She actually inspired me to trip today. She doesn't too often want to ingest psychedelics so it feels somewhat like a special occasion. Even if the effects will be very subtle for her, it's still nice. :)

I will write a report when I get back.

Theta:

Looking forward to hearing what you've got to say. :) We don't use it much but I actually really like this one and feel like it would be a good subtler trip to match an occasion like that.

I just posted a trip report of my 60mg experience yesterday:

Has anyone titrated up to a +3 with this one, or is this simply not capable of producing that strong of an experience, akin to how it is with 4-meo-mipt? I'm not getting my hopes up too high knowing that pushing this to 100mg doesn't produce anything intense. Still, if someone is reckless and eats a shitload of this, please share the experience.

I have the feeling it is not capable of producing a +3, but it may be, at high dosages. I have only tried it the once so far. But I have read reports of up to 100 or 120mg (can't remember which, it was Kaleida's report I'm thinking of), without going above +2. This one reminds me of 4-MeO-MiPT moreso than it does any other 4-sub.

I will say I would feel safe taking a mega-dose of this. Just don't think I'll bother. There are tons of tryptamines to have strong experiences on.

I took 27 mg of 4-ho-mcpt last night with a friend. It's an interesting chemical but not super trippy. I took some notes because information about this chemical is lacking but they might not be the best notes because I also consumed a lot of weed during the experience. Me and my friend might have dabbed almost a gram next to the other weed we vaped. It was a pretty dope experience but closer to a better version of getting stoned than tripping.

20:38 T +0. We tried to dissolve 60 mg of 4-ho-mcpt in water but it ended up being 54. We both drank half of it. Tastes pretty gross but not really grosser than most other tryptamines I've tasted. We were both already stoned before this point and I hadn't eaten anything yet outside of some mango less than an hour before.

T +0:05 I start to notice I'm tripping.

T +0:39 still no real visuals. Colours feel a bit more saturated, my head space feels different and I feel a bit stoned but in a different way from weed. Barely stronger than last checkup.

T +1:04 Still barely stronger than onset. I consumed weed during the last couple hours but I'll start to consume more now.

T +2:20 Definitely tripping harder than before but that might be all the weed I did.

T +2:28 Dabs are hitting me even stronger than before. MCPT combines well with weed.

T +2:55 I have some mild cev but I've had more from weed combined mild hppd.

T +3:27 I'm still tripping and everything looks a bit more polished and glassy.

1:16 AM T +4:38 I'm Pretty much no longer tripping but I am very stoned.

I then took some more weed over the course of the next couple hours and did some oxazepam to fall asleep because I usually sleep somewhere between 5 and 7 am.

Last edited: