• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 4-HO-McPT Thread

'MAOI' gets bandied about like anything on forums, it is not always very meaningful or relevant and I can't see much vigorous evidence for this compound. AMTs been mixed with all sorts - maybe best avoided but aMT is a very weak MAOI and a reversible one anyhow. I suspect many effects would be more additive than potentiating. I've tried to learn a lot about MAOIs and it's complex (I am far from understanding it all); it isn't quite a case of a little knowledge being a harmful thing since it's best people don't risk things but "MAOI" is far from meaning dangerous full stop. drugs can be dangerous by different method; cutlery can be sharp.

Wondering how to approach 4ho-mcpt - 40mg oral mcpt gave reasonable effects some 4ho's are more potent (mipt,dipt etc.)than the base tryptamine but it's not guaranteed and I have very little; kaleidas 25mg report suggests it is about the same as mcpt. smoking is generally good but a freebase ideal and making it so could waste the material. With the exception of a few things like ket snorting is just awful. Never plugged and not that keen but it's looking better than some options as long as there isn't much to go wrong with them tech. If I had more I'd just go oral even if it took more. surprised we're still waiting on real results.

Last edited:
Has anybody tried this yet? I can't find any information other than Kaleida's trip report. It seems that people are scared to try it because it's supposedly dangerous, although I can't find anything at all to back up that claim. Does anybody have a source on some reliable information on the potential dangers of 4-HO-McPT? People claim that cyclopropylamides cause DNA damage, but I can't find any evidence of that. That rumor seems to be caused by the fact that cyclopropylpyrroloindole based anti tumor drugs bind to DNA to kill cancerous tissue. I'm considering getting some 4-HO-McPT, but if anybody has a real reason to believe it's not safe then I won't.

I guess people are wary because cyclopropane easily reacts with things because the ring is under strain. I wouldn't eat that stuff personally.

Yeah... I'm not convinced enough to order as well. Cyclopropyl group is indeed not very desirable in psychedelics imo. I'd love to read new info on it though...8)

Yeah... I'm not convinced enough to order as well. Cyclopropyl group is indeed not very desirable in psychedelics imo. I'd love to read new info on it though...8)
Cyclopropylmescaline is pretty damn nice....

My intention is to take this one again soon, probably at 50 mg. I'm shocked that there still aren't any other reports by now.... It'd be nice to have a second opinion too, but I'll contribute what information I can for now when I have it. I can understand people being afraid of the novel structure for now, but personally I'm not too worried anymore.... I'm at least willing to get through the supply I have currently without being concerned about DNA damage or anything like that, so I will have more to say on it eventually.

That's good to hear. I'm really curious about it. I almost bought some the day it became available, but I decided to wait and see if it's interesting first, thinking it would only be a week or two before people started posting trip reports.

My intention is to take this one again soon, probably at 50 mg. I'm shocked that there still aren't any other reports by now.... It'd be nice to have a second opinion too, but I'll contribute what information I can for now when I have it. I can understand people being afraid of the novel structure for now, but personally I'm not too worried anymore.... I'm at least willing to get through the supply I have currently without being concerned about DNA damage or anything like that, so I will have more to say on it eventually.
When you hoping to do this? nearly beat you to it but for ill health. The objections to this stuff are groundless as far as I can see - pretty much looking forward to it.

Yeah, I'm not too worried at this point. I do think there is some logic to the MAO stuff... but I can't speak to the DNA damage. It's not like I'll probably ever have this drug again once this stash runs out though, and I didn't notice any unpleasant effects of reactions from my 25 mg experience so far, so I'm at least willing to push a good bit higher.

I was originally planning for it to be a little sooner than this, but I think I'm ready for it now. If I have the ability to trip on Monday, which is generally my free day for tripping, I'll definitely try out that 50 mg. And if that doesn't work, I'll try something like 75 mg the week after that. And so on until we finally get some real information about this one. 8(

I did a quick research on cyclopropane, and the thing itself doesn't seem to be a mutagen/carcinogen, which seems reassuring. it even was used as an anaesthetic gas akin to nitrous oxide. allthough being bound to an amine might change things.

of course you realize that not feeling damage doesn't mean that damage isn't being done ;)

Well, that is a nice thought, so thanks. :) I wonder how it was as an anesthetic? Just another drug to add to the list....

Oh yeah, I'm not worried about that, like I said I'll only do it so many times anyway lol. What I mean to say is that I didn't notice any effects or reactions that would make me suspect that there were MAOI effects at play. Over the course of the week after my trip I started out slowly eating things that you're supposed to avoid on MAOIs, and over time just started shoveling more and more of it down my throat and going crazy and testing the limits. Nothing ever happened, so I'm not too worried about that either. I didn't do anything to rule out temporary MAOI behavior, but I didn't see any signs of long-lasting effects like that.

This threads full of lame and wild speculation about DNA mutation (LSD anyone?) with near to bugger all to back it up - the MAOI stuff (shock horror) even less as far as I can see. As for cyclopropyl being desirable in a psychedelic not quite sure how to read that other than it's theoretically less stable. Other drugs and medicines exist with it in and I was party to an email where other cyclopropyl psychedelics had being made and tested was mentioned though without details.
Eitherway I fear this stuff no more than anything else so it might be a race between me and Kaleida to nom it.

Last edited:
Well, that is a nice thought, so thanks. :) I wonder how it was as an anesthetic? Just another drug to add to the list....

Oh yeah, I'm not worried about that, like I said I'll only do it so many times anyway lol. What I mean to say is that I didn't notice any effects or reactions that would make me suspect that there were MAOI effects at play. Over the course of the week after my trip I started out slowly eating things that you're supposed to avoid on MAOIs, and over time just started shoveling more and more of it down my throat and going crazy and testing the limits. Nothing ever happened, so I'm not too worried about that either. I didn't do anything to rule out temporary MAOI behavior, but I didn't see any signs of long-lasting effects like that.
I look forward to hearing your results! :)

Really looking forward to it myself, I'll definitely report back as soon as I have something meaningful to say. :)

This threads full of lame and wild speculation about DNA mutation (LSD anyone?) with near to bugger all to back it up - the MAOI stuff (shock horror) even less as far as I can see. As for cyclopropyl being desirable in a psychedelic not quite sure how to read that other than it's theoretically less stable. Other drugs and medicines exist with it in and I was party to an email where other cyclopropyl psychedelics had being made and tested was mentioned though without details.
Eitherway I fear this stuff no more than anything else so it might be a race between me and Kaleida to nom it.

Well, let's not discount the actual dangers now just because unlikely ones are also discussed too much. I'm also tired of the seemingly baseless DNA damage speculation, but N-cyclopropyltryptamine is a MAOI, that's a fact. So there's definitely not even less of that, and I don't see any good reason to assume that it can't extend to N-cyclopropyltryptamine psychedelic too. The fact that no one trying seems to have had issues with it yet doesn't necessarily mean anything because MAOIs themselves aren't dangerous, we really won't know until someone tries to push the interaction or dietary limits while also tripping, which I sure as hell won't be the first to.

It's annoying that there's been months of speculation and still no reports, but cyclopropyl substitutions on tryptamines are total unknowns in terms of safety, either through scientific testing or widespread recreational use. A good amount of speculation is healthy and welcome. It just needs to also be balanced by actual experimental data....

Good point but it's just a bit of me dies when I hear MAOI since it seems to hold an irrational fear for many over other potential threats - the 2CTs got labelled as being MAOIs although I can't see any evidence that 2,5 subs are (the opposite in fact) - speculation is good if it has some foundation but if it's half read and become a meme (2CT) I am not sure what is gained. I could only find: "N-Cyclopropyltryptamine as well as the 5- and 7-methoxy derivatives is a potent monoamine oxidase inhibitor for both tyramine and tryptamine substrates."
https://www.researchgate.net/public...propyltryptamines_potent_monoamine_oxidase_in hibitors

So if EMTM is the same as cyclopropyltryptamine it could have maoi effects" I don't know why it's a 'could be' by the end of that but the link doesn't work.
McPT hasn't show risks I am aware of although that could be statistical luck of course but I wasn't discounting dangers I just said I fear it no more than anything else. Any RC could be dangerous but most deaths from the category as a whole don't look neatly linkable to MAOI effects (if a drug kills you via pulmonary oedema the fact it isn't an MAOI isn't much solace). MAOIs are difficult since even pushing dietary limits doesn't doesn't tell you much unless you have a very reactive irreversible (although the outside chance of interactions easily avoidable) and of course most psychedelics seem to offer some long term dangers to the heart.

Sir Ron Pib, if you've only got 50 mg of this stuff I would definitely recommend you try a route other than oral.

I took 50 mg tonight and I'm still feeling it a bit, but it's mostly down now and I'm actually in bed and pretty much ready to sleep. I'll attempt to articulate my thoughts on the experience into a report some time tomorrow, but since I know you were thinking about taking it tomorrow too I just wanted to add a quick update here first.

I think that 4-HO-McPT has great promise, but at this dose, it's the most mild psychedelic of all time. It makes 4-HO-EPT seem extremely obvious and in your face. I would honestly describe it more like a serotonergic stimulant, the clean psychedelic energy without the trip, no visuals or headspace at all other than stimulation. It was an incredibly pleasant experience though, I spent most of it listening and dancing to music with enhanced appreciation, and thought deeply about a good amount of things. It just wasn't in any way what I would call a trip, at least in that peak energy phase.

After that died down things did get slightly tripper, and that's when I could tell it had promise. The distortions were oh so light but still hinted at significant complexity, but never got off the ground. The most interesting part was while meditating, which produced some undeniably psychedelic visual effects that seemed very deep, it actually reminded me a bit of ETH-LAD in some ways, but this was incredibly fleeting and really had to be milked out. Still I think it suggests something great though, but it'll probably need a good bit higher of a dose still or a more rapid delivery route.

Anyway, I'm off to bed now. :)

Thx kaleida. I think I'll pass on this one if there is almost no effect at 50mgs but stimulation. Not what I was expecting tbh. Next up give us a malt freebase report please!