• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 4-HO-McPT Thread

No problem, can't wait to hear how your trial goes! :) It would be very interesting if it was that much more active insufflated, but it wouldn't be too unlike some other tryptamines with bulky tails. I wonder if that would actually be better anyway to avoid any potential gastrointestinal MAOI interactions, hmm....

I actually just finished eating a basic burger with American cheese, French fries, and a cookie, which seems safe enough based on some quick reading I did online, so we'll see if anything happens. I'm not anticipating too much at this point.

Still feel good too, there has been a bit of a wave-like pattern to the euphoria mentioned before. It's weak but still nice. :)

Afraid not, I really was thinking about it but then I started to develop a bit of a rebound headache. Serotonergic drugs in general often give me this, and especially tryptamines of the psychedelics, but I didn't think it would be too bad with this one given the weak effect. It got annoying enough that I wouldn't really want to go into another psychedelic trip with it though, I actually recently started drinking a beer instead to help it go away. The night's not over yet, but I'm not expecting it at this point.

I'm considering maybe trying something Monday since that would still detect an irreversible MAOI effect, but I'm kind of hesitant now too. My last couple trips have had more noticeable rebound headaches than usual so I'm feeling like maybe I should wait a full couple weeks this time.

I'll definitely add any more relevant updates though. I'll probably keep pushing the foods over the next few days too to see if any concerning reactions arise.

I decided against experimenting tonight; if 25 mg is barely threshold for oral, then I'm not really interested in that ROA altogether... I was considering insufflation, but unlike most other 4-hydroxylated trypts, this one actually felt like snorting a bumblebee's arse, so that's also a little intimidating. I think, if anything, I would try sublingual, at some point if I were feeling particularly adventurous, and willing to endure the horrible taste and potential burn. But, not for now.

Went ahead and gave ALD-52 a go instead, another one I haven't had the chance to try (surprise surprise, it's really nice).

My last couple trips have had more noticeable rebound headaches than usual so I'm feeling like maybe I should wait a full couple weeks this time.

Yeah, as much as I'd love to be able to justify tripping every week, I'm starting to think that typically two weeks is about the period necessary for my body and mind to reach a proper equilibrium between trips. Now, with all of these lovely new chems to try, the challenge will be to exercise self-control. =D

Last edited:
My trips report is up now, for anyone who is interested:

(4-HO-McPT/25 mg) - First Time - A Mildly Active Dose

I decided against experimenting tonight; if 25 mg is barely threshold for oral, then I'm not really interested in that ROA altogether... I was considering insufflation, but unlike most other 4-hydroxylated trypts, this one actually felt like snorting a bumblebee's arse, so that's also a little intimidating. I think, if anything, I would try sublingual, at some point if I were feeling particularly adventurous, and willing to endure the horrible taste and potential burn. But, not for now.

Went ahead and gave ALD-52 a go instead, another one I haven't had the chance to try (surprise surprise, it's really nice).

Sounds reasonable, I probably wouldn't want to snort it either lol. Never been too big a fan of that route.... I don't suppose you've considered trying plugging it? That might be something I give a go.

Glad you liked the ALD-52 too. :)

Yeah, as much as I'd love to be able to justify tripping every week, I'm starting to think that typically two weeks is about the period necessary for my body and mind to reach a proper equilibrium between trips. Now, with all of these lovely new chems to try, the challenge will be to exercise self-control. =D

Hehe, I'm right there with you. Two weeks at least has actually been my norm for a while now, but I've been pretty excited with all of these novel molecules appearing on the scene, I've been making more exceptions to the rule than I had in a while. I definitely felt better with the two weeks though, both with myself and with the strength of the trips, so I think I am going to start doing that exclusively again.... I'm sure the experiences will be the most worthwhile that way anyway, and I definitely do want to get the most I possibly can out of these chemicals while they're still around. :)

I don't suppose you've considered trying plugging it? That might be something I give a go.

Do you happen to know if 4-HO-DPT has a high rectal bioavailability? If 4-HO-McPT suffers from the same obstacle in oral metabolism that 4-HO-DPT does, then this might be a good indicator of whether it's a viable ROA.

Hmm, I'm looking around and I'm not really seeing any reports of people having tried 4-HO-DPT rectally, so I'm afraid I can't answer that. DPT does have good rectal bioavailability compared to oral though, doesn't it? I'm not sure if that would say anything about 4-HO-McPT, but it does seem like it might make a good argument for 4-HO-DPT being similar to me.

Have any of you guys tried this yet? Kaleida's report doesn't sound too promising, but I still have hope for it. Back when the vendor first mentioned some of the new compounds they had synthesized, I sent them an email asking if any of the new cyclopropyl lysergamides and tryptamines would be put on the market. They told me they were going to test them to see if they are worth selling. So that means they didn't release 4-ho-mcpt just for the novelty of it. Somebody thought it was worthwhile.

It probably just has a higher dosage. 4-HO-DPT, for example, seemed like a total dud when it first came out but then people figured out how to use it and that it needs higher dosages and I've heard some say it's their favorite substance. I certainly like it a lot in any case. For that one, it works orally at very high dosages, and nasally it works at lower dosages but still higher than typical oral dosages of 4-sub-Ts. It should be worked up slowly but my guess is it will show full effects at some dosage.

Smoking/vaping would also likely be a decent way to get effects out of this at a reasonable amount; find that preferable to snorting tryptamine and it works for other a subs although the only one I personally tried was 4aco-dalt and it was really rather lovely.

Smoking/vaping would also likely be a decent way to get effects out of this at a reasonable amount

Most reports I've read say that vaporizing 4-subbed tryptamine salts is less efficient than oral. Not sure if that's true across the board though. (4-HO-MiPT?)

Given the reports so far, I'm actually thinking about plugging this this weekend, perhaps at 20mg. Kaleida, AppleCore, any thoughts on a good starting rectal dose?

^ Kaleida would probably give better advice than me, but I might use the bioavailability margin in 4-HO-DPT as a reference. Sifting through the Big & Dandy 4-HO-DPT thread, it looks like plugged 4-HO-DPT is roughly twice as potent as oral. So, assuming that 4-HO-McPT might behave similarly, if 25 mg was a threshold oral dose, something around 12 mg might be a threshold dose for plugging.

I would guess that you'd need at least a five or sixfold, if not tenfold, multiple of a +/- dose for anything decently psychedelic. So that might be in the realm of 70 mg and upwards. But all of this is a lot of theory with very little evidence to go by.

I've not seen many reports - I think MGS said 4aco or ho -det was effective maybe (?) and like I say 4aco-dalt way more potent smoking (at least x4 probably more) could be a difference with HO and AcO mind

Most reports say that vaporizing 4-subs is not as effective as other methods of ingestion. I have tried it with 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-MiPT and it was less efficient than dosing orally, although I did smoke the fumarate salts and not freebase. I have seen reports of people vaporizing freebase 4-HO-MPT and getting good results.

Anyway, I don't think vaporization would be the best method of using 4-HO-McPT. There's no reason not to try it, but I have a feeling it isn't the most effective way. One thing to consider is that cyclopropyl groups aren't particularly stable, so it's possible that the 4-HO-McPT will burn easier than the other tryptamines.

Wasn't point scoring- this just made me laugh (since I'm on 4ho-dpt) - just adding to anecdote on vaping aco-dalt is potent with what I read on the 4ho-dpt thread but that's you cj187 !!! : )
hope you don't mind me quoting

"I'm starting to think that vaporization is a very effective method for all tryptamines. Most people say it's not very efficient for 4 substituted tryptamines, but I think that's just because they are normally found as salts. There are reports of people successfully vaporizing 4-HO-MPT that was sold as a freebase. I think I read somewhere that Alexander Shulgin tried vaporizing psilocybin or psilocin and it worked. I have vaporized metocin and miprocin in their fumarate salt forms and I got some effects, but less than if I had taken it orally. I think as a freebase it would work pretty well."

Lol, yeah, I made that post, but afterwards I started to question whether vaporizing tryptamines is really as useless as most people say. I wasn't afraid to waste some 4-HO-DPT for the experiment because I stocked up on it without having much experience with it. It turned out to not live up to my expectations, and now I have more than I know what to do with.

I think there is a good chance that vaporizing 4-HO-McPT will work. Still, the relative instability of the cyclopropyl group is something to consider. I don't know that much about chemistry though, so I can't predict if the heat of vaporizing the molecule could cause a reaction. I would definitely convert it to freebase fist.

4acodet was very active smoked...the freebase. Cant remember trying any other psilocin analogues that way.

I've not seen many reports - I think MGS said 4aco or ho -det was effective maybe (?) and like I say 4aco-dalt way more potent smoking (at least x4 probably more) could be a difference with HO and AcO mind

Gosh my memory actually works - thanks MGS. I know of other drugs with a cyclopropyls in the structure that vapped fine too but can't say more. Not over excited about this being an MAOI either; it would have to be the right type and potently so before there was potential risk. monoamine or other modus operandi would be dangerous or a drug could be dangerous for all sorts of reasons.

Is it actually a significant MAOI though? I mean AMT is talked about as an MAOI but I have never noticed any MAOI effects from it in combo with other things. I mean everything broken down by MAO is an MAOI to some extent, technically, since it occupies some MAO enzymes.

Just wondering what evidence we have that this is actually an MAOI worth worrying about.

Is it actually a significant MAOI though? I mean AMT is talked about as an MAOI but I have never noticed any MAOI effects from it in combo with other things. I mean everything broken down by MAO is an MAOI to some extent, technically, since it occupies some MAO enzymes.

Just wondering what evidence we have that this is actually an MAOI worth worrying about.

In regards to AMT's MAOI activity, three friends and I consumed 15-25mg of AMT as well as 100mg of MDMA six months back and ended up having the heaviest most mongy roll ever and then the next day feeling like total, literal, absolute shit. None of us having ever experienced any comedown/after effects even close to it. One of our friends even being in her early 40s and having partied a LOT in her day. MAOI effects of this I'm not sure, but with AMT, we need to be careful.