• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need help adjusting to subutex wd

Dude you are so close!!!

I truly felt better around day 35ish. I did try drinking prior to day 35 but it honestly made me feel worse. Once it happens it happens slow but you'll wake up and actually feel like a person. I think when coming off suboxone you don't have that pink cloud or the sudden feeling of relief to let you know you're out of the woods.

Just hang in there Tino!!!

Day 26 felt better today than previous two days. Not taking anything besides Advil. Still dealing with RLS at nighttime. I stopped drinking for awhile. As I can't take one addiction and trade for another. Trying my best to come out of this with my head held high. Wish all you fighting this my best.
-Tino

What are you doing in terms of self-care Tinoman?

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean like exercise? Well at work go up and down stairs and walk a lot.

Yeah, that counts. Taking walks more for pleasure though would probably be more useful. Walking out in nature or where ever there is some greenery and/or open sky has been shown to be incredibly helpful at combating depression and malaise. Especially out in nature (for those with anxiety walking around in the city can be triggering, but out in nature where you feel safe is super therapeutic in my experience).

Self care means taking care of yourself. Going out to do fun, healthy stuff like: going out to see a movie you really wanted to see, going to a comedy performance, a concert, hiking, biking, going to the beach, going on a nice scenic drive, spending time reading a good book, watching a good movie, listening to music you enjoy, cooking tasty food, spending time with friends and loved ones you feel comfortable around.

Basically self care mean finding ways to have fun in ways that are healthier than how substances are used during active addiction.

I second what Tpd said.

I'm not a naturey type person myself but I did find that the hiking definitely calmed my brain down.

No road noise, some cute ass bird singing, watching a snake eat huge praying mantis, watching some giant ball of fire rise over a ridge and birthing a fire spider...

As shitty as I felt, those hikes definitely helped. I'm honestly not sure how but I really enjoyed it. I've been slacking recently but Monday I plan on waking up at 5 am to try to go before work. Me and 5am don't get along though so we will see.

Keep hanging in there Tino.

Today is 4 weeks without bupe and feeling ok slept 7 hours past few nights. Drinking sleepy time tea at night. Just feel like I have no energy. Hopefully I snap out of it soon.
-Tino

Yeah the energy comes back slowly. I make it about 3/4ths thru the day and feel likeep I just need a nap. Some days though I feel fine all day.

Today not so much... I think I got a stomach bug... not even immodium is helping. Been like this since yesterday. I'm pretty sure I'm super dehydrated as well. Ugggh.....

Ugh I hate that it seems always so far away because your closing in on 2 months clean me barely a month. And I don't like have no gas tank it's honestly the most annoying thing.
-Tino

It very well could be the fact that I'm more sensitive to the amounts of coffee I drink in the morning and I'm having caffeine crashes... I just now thought of that lol.

It's not anywhere near the over bearing exhaustion you feel in the first month. It's just like. " damn I could use a nap" type feeling.

I don't really have much support besides my wife helping a lot. I'm trying to keep my mind off it by working (active job) and just keeping a positive outlook. This will be over in a few months hopefully. Sleeping okay. I can honestly say I do feel somewhat better everyday. I would like to see what examples you guys use too keep busy.
-Tino

To be honest, I've mostly been doing the same since I've been back at work. I do feel better probably 5 of the 7 days. There may be one or two where I just crash when I get home. Overall though I would say I feel like 75% back to normal.

On my days off I've been going hiking. It really does help. Gives me time to either think, or think of nothing. No distractions. Just keep moving forward as I do with my recovery.

I still haven't managed to feel out my guitar again though. Mind blanks when I pick it up. I have played a bit just to keep the hands loose. Just gotta wait til my mind clears.

Today is day 29! Sleeping good at night. Just still regaining energy. Red Bull's don't seem to affect me either does coffee. I guess my neuro chemistry just has too regain itself in the next weeks. Around 7-8 pm I'm just so tired I can hit the bed and sleep.

Day 30 had a little rls at nighttime and throughout today. Not taking loperamide. Only taking Advil , Multi Vitamin. Been awhile since I stopped the kratom and only thing I can think of is the loperamide and thats extending the wds. But, I was only taking 4 mg per day. Any thoughts?
-Tino

Tino -

30 days! Holy crap, time flies when you are recovering (not really, but it felt like the right thing to say). I don't think that 4 mgs of lope would be extending wds, but it's possible. Other than the rls, are you feeling well physically? Maybe it's just the one remaining symptom you are feeling from the acute phase still. Also, is it getting better, or staying the same?

- VE

I actually only have two symptoms and that's some form on rls and tiredness constantly. Other than that I'm pretty happy. Just have enough energy to goto work and back. And then returning home I'm just so tired. Can't turn back already canceled my doctors appointment and 30 days in clean.
-Tino

I doubt the loperamide is causing you problems. If that were the case taking a small dose, like 1-2mg, would make them go away. You could experiment and try taking 0.5-1mg of loperamide to so if that is the issue.

I have a feeling it is linger symptoms from your acute withdrawal or the beginning of PAWS. How long has it been again since you stopped using all opioid like drugs (including kratom)? A month? What symptoms are you still experiencing - is it just low energy and malaise?

If it's just low energy, restlessness and malaise, all very common in early recovery, try getting into some super basic yoga and/or mindfulness based stress reduction practices. Those two things will take care of your body and mind better than any drug long term (unless you have some condition you're unaware of you need treated with medication; on this note I always recommend people get a physical one to three months into recovery just to see how they are doing).

My guess is that your remaining symptoms are PAWS related. Personally, the one that always sticks with me is being cold. When I quit for 42 days I was still f'in freezing. I relapsed before it ever went away. And I hear that it is normal for sleep to be one of the last things that comes back. I know that's been true for me too.

I think you are right where you need to be. It's just PAWS and something that will pass.

- VE