• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need help adjusting to subutex wd

Tinoman

Bluelighter
Hello bluelight people I'm in the middle of subutex wds that I've been on for 6-7 years 12 days off of 8mg per day currently taking 2 Imodium 2mgs and gabapentin. How long does it last? Also taking 1 to 2 grams of kratom per day weaning down everyday. Please and thank you.

Last edited:
Hey Tinoman, sounds like you have a good plan.

I am on sub but haven't made the jump yet.

I suggest you read through MisterNotSoCleans thread, he jumped from the same dose as you and was on for a number of years, he is about 4 weeks in ahead of you on this journey.

Wishing you all the best mate, keep us updated, I will be following and cheering for you.

Hey there Tinoman,

I hope you are doing well. Sounds like you've got a decent regiment going. The only thing I would be somewhat concerned about is the possibility of the Kratom extending the wd process. I was worried about that so didn't grab any.

Last dose I had was Aug 20. So I'm at 40ish days. I will say this has been a very drawn out process. It wasn't severe in nature... just long as shit. Many up and down days after about 2 weeks. (compared to all shitty days for the first 2 weeks)

For about the past 10 days there's been a dramatic difference. I've been able to sleep through the night. I've been able to fall asleep the majority of nights like a normal person. I have been waking up more and more energetic. I no longer HAVE to nap in the middle of the day. (I still do some days just cause)

Coming off sub is weird. In my personal experience, it's not like coming off of most other opioids where you have that almost distinguishable moment of euphoria of being clean. So far that feeling hasn't come. But it's more of a slow roll toward feeling like a person again.

Posting here has helped alot. Feel free to write a novel if necessary. (I found it very therapeutic anyways)

If you have any questions just let me know!

~MisterNotSoClean~

I am coming off of oxy and have zero experience with any long acting opiates. However, I agree with MrNot - at this point the Kratom will only set you back and prolong things.

In in my experience, Kratom is good for acute withdrawal. The first few days. But you have done an awesome job of tapering down on it! The jump should be easy. I would do that really soon - going from 1-2gs per day will be pretty easy. I think right now you need to get your body to a place that there are no opiates/opioids(or whatever the hell anyone considers Kratom) present at all. In my personal experience, that is when the real healing starts.

Best of luck! Let us know how you are doing!

- VE

Thank you guys you are very helpful I feel sad at times I have a full bottle of subutex and wanna take one. The kratom today i think I will not take only took 1.5 grams yesterday feel great this am no leg pains. I don't know how I will feel at work. Just Imodium and ibuprofen also gabs. Plus going to work have to tough it out. It has been since sep 20th since I took my last subutex. So two weeks some times my brain tells me my legs hurt but I don't think they are. Also ordered kava Kava powder has anyone tried that at night time for sleep? Thanks in advance for all the helpful advice and encouragement.:) ps I hate no sleep waking up around 4-5 am every am. :(

Yeah I was very scared to get addicted to kratom as I have heard many stories that many people trasitioning from opioids/opiates to kratom cannot wean themselves off of it but I'm down to crumbs to kratom and really haven't had a problem with it and I know all people are different. But as I take it. It does not get me high just takes rls and anxiety away. I do not take it to be high my wife is also in the process as well she's a day behind me on recovery she's the same on subutex for years. But, she was down to crumbs of sub when she quit. She's still not feeling to well. I am really so thankful for kratom because I couldn't wean myself from subutex it was so painful. I know people have bias opinions against it but please keep a open mind because it does help.

Definitely what works for some may not work for others. Sounds like your doing well on it though. As much as you may not want to, you may want to try walking to relieve the insomnia and rls. It worked for me more frequently than anything else did.

Thanks it is today I have not taken anything whatsoever. Feel ok little discomfort maybe little kratom wds. Little restless legs manageable at work though. Thanks again let you guys know later after work how it is. My wife is also doing ok she feels good not great. But hopefully days will be better soon.

Hey mister day went fine with no kratom and no loperamide I only took one Advil. Felt so slow and sluggish. I guess at this point people want to relapse due to depression and people do not feel normal. I feel that way and want to use sub . I just don't want to feel tired anymore. I drank coffee still was tired. Thanks for the help blue lighters. Will update again soon. :)

^ I think what you are describing is the hardest part for most people. Have you tried to incorporate healthy eating or exercise into your life? I know that helps, but it's easier said than done.

You have done so well, I'm sure there will be a period of lethargy and fatigue - try to treat your body/mind as well as you can in that period of time and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. It takes time, so that's all you can do.

I wish Toothpastedog or Someone with more experience with supplements would stop by...there are people here who know far more than I do about supplements - but I've heard b6 and maybe b12 help with energy...

sorry I can't be more helpful! But you are an inspiration for me to keep going.

- VE

Thanks vast for some words of wisdom. I need all the help I can get. As for working out I was before the whole detox process. Now since I'm detoxing I just feel like I been up for days. With garbage energy little chills but feel pretty decent. I have been taking men's daily vitamin. Hopefully soon I will have the energy to workout after work again. I barely made it thru the work day. Thanks again. Anyone is free to give advice this is my first detox.

Just woke up took 4 gabs to sleep woke up at 2:30 to 4 am at 4 went back to sleep leg pains last night were a real thing after 15 days of no subutex. Hopefully today is better. No legs pains now getting ready for work will tough it out at work.

I noticed that around the 2 week mark is when the rls took off. I tried magnesium and bananas (potassium) to alleviate the legs. Worked for 2 nights but that was it. Maybe try it and you may have different results.

If that doesn't work... sounding like a broken record... as much as your body and mind fights it, walk your legs to death. As dumb as it sounds, it works. Also make sure to stay hydrated as immodium dehydrates the crap out of you... or in you? Lol.

Thanks will do been trying to keep hydrated only been taking two immodiums a day. But, the rls at night is a real deal holay smokes. After two weeks and still? Subutex and suboxone is straight from hell it feels like to me. Thanks for the advice been eating a banana every day and vitamin one a day.

Feeling better just real tired at work. No kratom wds after 13 days of it. Slight leg aches here and there nothing major still think I am in wds. I just need to stop feeling like a zombie at work.

^. You are past the worst of it for sure. Now the trick is putting one foot in front of another until you feel like yourself again. It may take awhile, but trust the people who have done it...they say it gets better. I believe them - well, I have to believe them.

Shit, you jumped off 8 mgs of sub, what? Two weeks ago? Take a minute to appreciate what you have accomplished - which is Astro-fucking-nomical. If you feel like a zombie two weeks in...you just need to remember where you were at two months ago...and how far you've come. I know you've got a ways to go. I do too. I certainly don't feel human yet, either. But it could be worse - I could be staring down a c/t withdrawal off of oxy, so I can be grateful for that. At least I'm the middle of it, not at the starting line.

Do you have any support at home? I hope you have a loved one telling you every hour of the day how great you are doing.

You got this, Tin. Just one foot in front of the other until it's not a struggle. It's our only way out, you know? The further along I get in this process, the scarier where I came from is. I'm finally to the point where I am more afraid of what is behind me (heavy/regular opiate doses to relieve pain) than what is front of me - months of struggle and pushing through the PAWS. At least every freaking day I know I am getting better, even if it doesn't feel like that.

- VE

Thanks VE again last night was terrrible woke up at 2am fell back asleep at 4:30. Still at night have rls. I really hope you are doing better than I. And you also try to stay on the right track I'm am trying my best to take it day by day. Thanks for the support my wife is also in the middle of a detox. She's 15 days clean she's one day behind me. She is more supportive than I as she jumped from
About .5 mg dose. So she does feel better than I she can sleep all night with little rls in the am. Thanks again to everyone for the support today I feel ok still sluggish why are these leg pains here still. On day 16 people!!!

In the worst leg pains ever. Even after taking 6 gabs 100mg throughout the night. Good god when is this gonna end every night it's like clockwork wake up 2-4Am and restless legs. I have some kava kava root powder coming in and gonna try that during the day and at night I've heard it helps with anxiety and restless legs and helps you sleep. Anyone have any experience with it? On day 17 oh yeah I couldn't handle pains at work anymore I took .25 gram of kratom and .30 after work. I still feel terrible.:(

Just hang in there bro. I detoxed off methadone and it took a month. I was out of it for that long. Ull feel better in a week.

It really takes 3-4 weeks for pains to be gone? Thanks for the support. I'm thankful
I'm getting a little sleep atleast. I know im not detoxing off kratom was on such small amounts of it.