• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need help adjusting to subutex wd

It can take as little as one to two weeks for the acute withdrawal to begin really receeding, but with many if not most people who aren't able to taper off and detox from methadone and buprenorphine most symptoms of acute withdrawal take about a month to really begin resolving in significant ways.

Thanks welp still got a long road ahead it's been pretty terrrible trying to work and we at the same time. Can't wait to get to 30 days off sub

tin -

working and withdrawing must be one of the worst experiences in life (it's been one of my biggest fears for years). Mad props for sticking with it.

- VE

Doing my best yes it is tough trying to tough it out at work and not let your co workers know that your literally in the worst days of your life. My wife I'm glad is doing a better job than me at handling it. She jumped from a way smaller dose. I feel like a train wreck. Feel better now since taking close to .5gram of kratom to make it thru work day. I don't mind the chills or the sweats. It's the rls and sometimes back pains, headaches that make me want to hang up my cape and go back to sub. Need to make it another two weeks. With hopefully each day getting better. Wednesday and Thursday where totally two steps back. Thank for the encouragement again VE.
-Tino

Ok last night was terrible. Took one gram before bed to sleep. Guess what?? That did not help as I woke up at 2am like always. Took another .5 gram to go back to sleep. Ended going back to sleep at 3:30 to 6 am. At work today don't feel too bad but kratom at such minuscule doses seem to help. It's red vein Thai powder just if anyone is wondering. I'm taking off next week of work and gonna hurt it out. Day 18. Today let's do this. Let's all break these effin sub/methadone shackles forever. It's so hard to though I just want some pills. Even though it's been closer to a decade that I haven't had a true opiate. So many inspirational stories here that keep me going. Thanks bluelighters. ;)

Dude, keep it up and you are going to be one of those inspirational stories :p

Glad you are getting some time off work man. That is going to help a lot. Hopefully your experience is similar to mine and if it is, you are coming up on some sleep sir.

Thanks. Mister so clean;) only woke up at 1 to 2 last night. Legs pains tolerable. Still taking ibuprofen 800mg every 8 hours. Men's one a day vitamin. Day 20! No kratom. Imodium 4mg once or twice a day.
-Tino

Sweetness! I still am taking immodium but just 2 mg in the morning. If I don't, I poop wayyyyyy to much lol. Gonna start cutting those in half or just start taking them further and further apart. I am still trying to get control of my butthole without immodium :p

Hilarious bro, I really haven't had that problem much a few times. I do have some
Mushies.:) That I will take today. Just to rise my spirits. Snow here today in Montana. Wife has been off kratom almost a week. She is a beast. I feel ok today not a step backwards that's for sure. Rls before sleep last night took a long hot shower and 4 1mg melatonin and ibuprofen. And actually slept 8 hours. Woke up today took cat to vet to get his butt neutered.LOL. And came back and slept. For a hour and a half. Sleep is getting closer and closer to come by. Thanks for support. Trying my best.
-Tino

Last edited:
If its the same thing I went through for about a week starting around the 20th day, it's going to be hard to avoid sleep. Then back to no sleep then normalish sleep.

I'm still taking 10mg of Melatonin before I lay down as I have been waking up after 2 hours. The Melatonin allows me to go right back to sleep. I just couldn't take it with rls. Then I was just stupid tired and couldn't go to sleep.

I've been sleeping okay just waking up a few times a night just slam back some more melatonin and wait to go back to sleep. Taking Imodium 4 mgds a time twice a day. Still having rls. What are the most common type of paws?
-Tino

For me it's normaly mental stuff more than physical. Just in the past week I think I've entered PAWS territory.

Quick rundown of what Ive noticed:

Scatter Brained ( I'm normally scatter brained but this is ridiculous)
Getting bored very quickly
Slight sleep issues
Weird sex drive (either it's in overdrive or its turned off and I can't find the keys)
Time moving slower
Lots of brain farts mid sentence
Cool mornings have been triggering cravings
Up and down mood ( luckily it doesn't go down too far)
Remembering random memories
Fucking weird vivid dreams (no nightmares)

That's what I've noticed so far. Its been more annoying than debilitating. The only think physical I've noticed is my knee is starting to hurt more over the past week. Could just be that it's been beat up from all the hiking and cooler weather though.

Hope you are doing well man! Keep it up!

~MNSC~

Hey MNSC
Doing well today and yesterday. Just having trouble sleeping at night time. I goto sleep fine but just wake up real early. As I said before no kratom and only taking loperamide 4 mg and ibuprofen when needed. Most of the time
Only legs hurting at night time. I really feel the pains are starting to subside. I came into work and feel good (and did not take time off like I planned because I planned not to feel well today and I actually feel good). Just a little sluggish though. Hopefully people can look at mine and your thread with confidence coming off bupe. 3 weeks off bupe and it's finally looking better. :D Still taking it day by day.
-Tino

Day 22 feeling great better and better each day sleeping more and more each night actually slept thru the entire night well from 9:30 to 4:30. Lol. Leg pains thoroughout the day very minimal. Energy very low. Not depressed. Just lack of energy.
-Tino

That sounds about right sir. Your energy should slowly start coming up soon. 10 more days and you might feel like a real person! I started feeling like a real person around day 35 :p Your pushing your self much harder than I was as you are managing to go to work which honestly pushing yourself like that should bring ya back to normal quicker I would imagine.

Your sir are the TermiTinonator lol

Thanks yeah I am not liking this no energy bs. Drinking coffee and feels like it does nothing and I've been sleeping okay. So, I don't understand why I'm so tired. Yeah work is a real drag when your so tired. I've only been craving because I don't want to feel exhausted anymore. But, staying strong. No, going back to these devil drugs.
-Tino

Hey Tino,

Off the wall question, but have you had problems sleeping with your wife at night? Like actually sleeping. Not sexing it up or anything. Just sleeping. I find almost every night around 4am I have to move to the guest bedroom to sleep. Just curious if you are having anything similar.

Just that I wake up really early and fail to goto back to sleep I guess I can be pretty annoying moving my legs all over constantly trying to get comfortable. She sleeps through most of it.

Just want to update day 25 still legs hurting been drinking a little at night to relieve relapsing woes. Idk what else to say. Still not feeling well but I hope I do soon.

25 days!!! That's so impressive!

I'm sure you know this, but be careful with the drinking. Especially if you are using it to relieve any sort of woes. Part of getting better is dealing with those in a healthy way.

I hope you feel better soon, too. 25 days entitles you to a little relief in my opinion!

- VE