Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Is Bluelight dying ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziiirp

Bluelighter
I don't want to beat around the bush (unless it's Chantelle's). Am I alone with the impression, that BL is losing more and more members/posters ?

Are the youngsters rather using reddit/twitter ? If yes (then they are dumb as assumed), where are the older members ?

A few years ago there were only 2 discussion boards one could register to : One was about water sports and the other was bluelight. I've observed, that the former is also declining.

What's happening ?

No. People come and go. Some move onto other things. Some die. Some get banned. But plenty of people still post here.

My opinion - though members sometimes come and go, (as is the case for many a forum), people also have their personal lives to lead outside of this community.

EADD remains constant, and always will be.

People come and go. New or old. Some are indeed more consistent than others.
On the other hand, theres also a cycle of post about the death of bluelight and eadd from time to time.

its like every other form of community, it changes depending on the people who actively engage with it at the time.

No, it isn't. I've used bluelight for 13 years now, so I guess I'm one of the older posters. People go, and people come back. Some never come back. Yet new people begin.

I've witnessed this over multiple generations, and it's really quite remarkable. I've never been such a huge poster as others on this particular sub-board, but it would appear that the "scene" is almost entirely replaced every few years, usually following newer posters going elsewhere and proclamations of bluelight being dead.

ebb and flow.

Last edited:
Look at the figures. EADD is in intensive care. Most week evenings you can come on here and not see a post made for three hours. Like Bob said, it might get resuscitated. But to pretend nothing is wrong is to live in denial. Got this months stats Ali?

I can remember somebody announcing the death of EADD after I made a thread on here (I was probably about 17-19). It turned into a massive multi page thread and caused a bit of a ruckus. Quite funny looking back.

SHM - I don't really check EADD enough to notice what you speak of - but would you say that the rest of bluelight is suffering this same fate?

I only check CEP Tranced. And that's been going through a fairly long trough for ages now, largely because it kind of got taken over by American nutty Nazis. Now, Bardeaux, senior mod there, and fantastic poster, has just killed himself (in all probability) and that can only have a further detrimental effect.

I'm sure the Lounge is fine. :(

Actually a couple of other places I pop into aren't great either. MDMA & empathogenic drugs just has the ongoing argument over the quality of ecstasy plus people saying "I took two pills last night now my throat is sore, am I going to die?" And second opinion generates little traffic.

But really this place has been severely hit by events of the last two years and it's going to take a long time to recover, if ever. It's far more of a lounge/social place these days anyway, rather than HR. IMO.

Last edited:
I only check CEP Tranced. And that's been going through a fairly long trough for ages now,

As soon as you said that I started pondering the fact that that place has been run over by redneck conservatives. Just the other day I ventured in and read somebody bizarrely claim that all of this western military intervention abroad was liberal. I thought I was losing my mind until I saw you chime in. Was meaning to get a good reply in to that, actually.

It's a shame because, being brought up by working class parents, I shared a lot of the same views as these people and I could make a fucking convincing argument too. Places like CEP really had a huge impact on my young mind, as I noticed the logic and rationale of the more left leaning world view in the many of the debates that occurred.

I don't want to beat around the bush (unless it's Chantelle's). Am I alone with the impression, that BL is losing more and more members/posters ?

Are the youngsters rather using reddit/twitter ? If yes (then they are dumb as assumed), where are the older members ?

OD is full of young people coming here for advice
also i'm 24 hello

Aren't all forums now on their way out anyway - as new social platforms take over?

I'm a mod on a totally unrelated international forum and it's always slow this time of year. Holidays, the usual rush to get outside while the weather's fine, festivals etc. I think the reports of EADDs death are a tad premature.

I'm a mod on a totally unrelated international forum and it's always slow this time of year. Holidays, the usual rush to get outside while the weather's fine, festivals etc. I think the reports of EADDs death are a tad premature.

Hi Tinker. I get that. Can't imagine BL wouldn't have a role to play in HR. But people have a lot of choices these days on how and where they get advice and support.

I also engage more with another forum but tbh is mainly "older" people lol. Like my adult kids who laugh about how FB is for old people now :D

I'm fond of reddit.

The social side of eadd isn't the same for me these days, but a lot of that is down to the mix of posters, the type of drugs we enjoy etc and just plain old not having much in common with folks anymore.

The deaths, the growth in the heroin members and then shit-drama that's been evident over the last few years to an extent have turned me off eadd a lot. I've become jaded, fed up and a pretty crap participant myself.

Hah, not just the young 'uns. :p Not sure why you equate using reddit with being "dumb". Bluelight can only dream of the amount of traffic Reddit gets. It's where I spend most of my time online nowadays, and has been for years.

I've avoided this place for ages cos I'm sick and tired of all the repetitive boring drama. I suspect things have calmed down a bit now though. ;)

There is just no need to use reddit for anything. Absolutely not. Centralized data is always dangerous. And the users are dumb, yes.

There is just no need to use reddit for anything. Absolutely not. Centralized data is always dangerous. And the users are dumb, yes.

Explain and justify please? Evidence?

There's a million reasons to use reddit. It's vast.

What do you mean by the "users are dumb"? My husband and me use reddit for numerous reasons - how do you know we are "dumb". What do you mean by "dumb?

"Centralised data is dangerous" - explain? What do you mean?

That's some sweeping statement to make :|

Don't know if it's dying as ive only been here a short time but it's definately slow and not much happening.
Some threads going days without new posts.

I'm struggling to figure out which of those statements is the most ignorant and idiotic. Is it possible to generalise even more than that about millions of people??

As of 2016, Reddit had 542 million monthly visitors (234 million unique users), ranking #11 most visited web-site in US and #25 in the world.[6] Across 2015, Reddit saw 82.54 billion pageviews, 73.15 million submissions, 725.85 million comments, and 6.89 billion upvotes from its users

Look at the figures. EADD is in intensive care.
This. A decade ago, you could come on here at any time of the day, or night and get a conversation going, even during the week. When weekend hit, EADD was absolutely packed, all night. I used to live my life on here, and always have someone to interact with. It would take me hours to catch up, if I missed a couple of days. The first page usually never had a thread that hadn't been replied to on the same day, unless Bluelight had been down. You could hit refresh and expect to see new posts, every few minutes. Now, there's sometimes a whole week contained on the first page. Anyone who doesn't see this is in denial, or hasn't been on here long enough to remember. To be honest, life has gotten pretty busy for me, so I'm not massively bothered, not that there's anything I could single-handedly do, anyway.

In the words of the lovely SHM: 'Forum's gone to shit'. It was nice, while it lasted, and I have fond memories of the place.

Ziiirp: Your comment about Reddit being a shitty alternative, and the users being 'dumb' is ridiculous, and coming out with mongy shit like that is an excellent way to make people avoid EADD, as it just makes the place sound cliquey and elitist. So, well done! Moron. You've been a member since 2011, and I don't remember ever seeing a post from you, so you've clearly not made much of an impact on the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.