European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Is Bluelight dying ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New people come, old ones leave it is the nature of the beast - I do think that normally EADD would have seen a lot more new users joining in than what we have experienced over the last few years. I do feel that this has a lot to do with the hostility and the endless drama that seemed like a daily event - as a new outsider looking in they wouldn't know how great the place was just a few years before.

The amount of posters site wide does seemdown though - several threads can go one or two days without anyone posting (something which you wouldn't have seen a few years ago). Ali will no doubt have some figures to prove this wrong though :D

I mean with all the hubbub surrounding 'case x' and the perhaps related (I'm still clueless) background nastiness that has lost us G and nearly consumer as well, there was always a case of having to rebuild the forum again from the bottom up. Whether it will result in any amount of success is yet to be seen, traffic is down, but, (and I'm hoping that i'm not crossing a line here), for it has been noticed not only by myself but anther support member, that there has been little or no reference to EADD in any of the TPH's automated report threads, neither posts nor members, which is a refreshing change from the situation as it stood as little as 12 weeks ago.

We're still here as long as we're still here.

I often point new users towards EADD (I think I posted a link here twice within the last 24 hours) when people are looking for chat or advice on certain things (the last two have been RC benzos) I would point here before something like other drugs or basic drug discussion.

It can be a very friendly and fun place to chat - there are still some great posters active (this thread has shown a number of them). What has happened to FUBAR ? Has he quit or gone on holiday ? I do hope that he is ok

I only pop my head in once, maybe twice a year.

But the site is definitely slowing up. Take forums like The Lounge, if you posted something and it didn't cause much interest, the thread would drop off the front page in within a couple of hours. Now a post from 5 - 6 days ago is on the front page still. Aus Social is pretty mush dead, I wouldn't be surprised if it was chopped off. The bottom thread on the front page is a year old tomorrow.

EADD seems to be still ticking along nicely, nowhere near the amount of posts turning over from when I first got to the UK though.

Could be a case the info is also available elsewhere and more widespread, so traffic is diluted between other resources. Or are there more people not giving a fuck about what they are using and not wanting to know as ignorance is bliss?

Like, is there some suggestion that these halycion days still don't take place from time to time among members who have joined since 2002?

<3
I know, right. I've met a number of members. Granted, they weren't big meet ups in our own private clubs or owt but there is still a social element still alive on the board, it just doesn't all take place on the forum.

I went to a festival with a few members last month and I went to the same event last year with them. Yourself and I did God's Kitchen a few months ago. And I'm sure others are doing the same, just maybe not advertising the fact.

This threads sounding more and more like the mdma thread. The magics disappeared 8)

I know, right. I've met a number of members. Granted, they weren't big meet ups in our own private clubs or owt but there is still a social element still alive on the board, it just doesn't all take place on the forum.

I went to a festival with a few members last month and I went to the same event last year with them. Yourself and I did God's Kitchen a few months ago. And I'm sure others are doing the same, just maybe not advertising the fact.

This threads sounding more and more like the mdma thread. The magics disappeared 8)

More like you have to wait three months between posting :D

It maybe gives some hope to look at the number of different posters have replied in this thread in under two days. I'm not sure if we'd normally see this many different posters in EADD in the space of a week.

Perhaps it shows that people are definitely still reading, just not posting.

i agree with the OP.

Its very low on posts compared to when I started here back in the legal highs heyday. It does seem to be dying

So is the BL server not "centralised data"? Or for that matter the NAS we have at home?

Pity you can't be bothered to help or explain. Great discussion and participation skills there 8(

Maybe it's that attitude that's contributed to the perceived "death of BL" aka - "Forums gone to shite" eh

;)

Was not sober while writing this. But I stand by my opinion, that reddit is not the right place to discuss anything and everything. I won't go to bluelight to discuss the world of RCs for instance on the other hand. (as in Radio Controlled mini cars)

This site is hosted in the Netherlands, as a non-commercial organisation. Even the commercial domain of reddit should discourage one from using it negligently. The data will be used. That is for sure. This site started as a community-thing. Reddit definitely started as a business project and automatic knowledge extraction out of data is a huge part of businesses nowadays. I know, that is not a new info at all. But it seems, there are people out there that ignore it or unaware of the magnitude and opportunities that are emerging as a consequence.

Bluelight is cool w/ me :) You will die of emotional starvation imho if this site takes up a lot of your time, just like any internet site, but checkin in a time or two each day will leave it fresh for ya. In short, BL is not going to die until Trump outlaws it.

Bluelight killed bluelight.

This has got to do with enforcing the 'bl rulez'.

Since they started doing that people slowly have started disappearing.

Before they started doing that things were a lot more fun, a cunt would get called a cunt and you didn't get infracted.
Druggies don't like rulez.

Simples innit.

But rules are good for PR

The funny thing is HR had always been just a wink, wink front so that the police didn't shut us down

So, what is Bluelight without HR? Since I was a teenager, whenever I've had questions about certain compounds and how to enjoy them safely, this site has been great benefit to me. Since then, I've accumulated some knowledge and now try to help out.

To say that HR is just a front is bullshit, completely devalues what a lot of people are trying to do here and what a lot of us believe in.

I've got nothing against the social side of the site, we need it, it balances out some of the more disturbing areas, but there's a bigger picture than discussing which pingers are the best this week.. always has been.

If HR was serious we would measure KPR's of the sites effectiveness. We would audit the deaths in the shrine and standardise our advise using actual scientific data and medical training. Drugs that showed an obvious increase in risk would be actively discouraged instead of megathreads of members discussing the best ways to get fucked up on them (I'm looking at you mdpv and fentanyl)

We wouldn't be performing amateur therapy session in The Dark Side using untrained members. Suicide attempts would be immediately referred to both the local police and ambulance services.

Poly drug use would not only be discouraged, threads condoning it would be closed as vigilantly as ones that try to discuss drug testing or sourcing.

HR is more than holding a girls hair out of the way while they throw up in a bathroom

at least we try to do what we can to help other people be safe. i dont recall you contributing outside of TL, EADD, CEAP and SLR.

you can do a statistical analysis, but we are human beings that make mistakes and using the shrine as an example that BL is not abt hr is a low fking blow.

Agreed Mysterie , I'm not entirely certain of what you want Busty when you refer to untrained members. There are gp's, NHS 24 and Web md amongst other places that you may seek professional help and advice. This is HR from experience.
People trying to help others. We cannot stop people, we cannot force people to listen to the advice. Usually people just get it thrown back in their face.

As for the promotion and boasting of personal drug use what do you wish staff to do? Delete these posts? In effect not advising them that what they're doing could be harmful, not allowing others to offer the same advice? By limiting those posts we become the nazi's you're forever accusing staff of being.

Was not sober while writing this. But I stand by my opinion, that reddit is not the right place to discuss anything and everything. I won't go to bluelight to discuss the world of RCs for instance on the other hand. (as in Radio Controlled mini cars)

This site is hosted in the Netherlands, as a non-commercial organisation. Even the commercial domain of reddit should discourage one from using it negligently. The data will be used. That is for sure. This site started as a community-thing. Reddit definitely started as a business project and automatic knowledge extraction out of data is a huge part of businesses nowadays. I know, that is not a new info at all. But it seems, there are people out there that ignore it or unaware of the magnitude and opportunities that are emerging as a consequence.

Hey thanks for taking the time to reply. It's appreciated.

I know Bl is hosted in Amsterdam, I've once had the pleasure of being there. It's also commercial but not profit making. That server needs money and there's various ways it's funded. Then there's the relationship with MAPs, researchers and using the forum to carry out various studies. All on a volunteer basis of course. Some staff attend conferences and surely get expenses for their travel, accommodation etc. How much that costs is anyone's guess as the accounts are never transparent or posted annually.

We wouldn't have the bl community if it didn't make money to stay alive. There's often adverts on the top of the page - do you think they're free?

So I get you don't approve of profit making from user data. Nearly every page of reddit carries advertising, it's pretty obvious as is the likes of Facebook, Instagram, blogs etc. I'm also quite cynical about this but feel it's my responsibility to not click through... Well unless I'm really interested in the product / service.

Peoples online interaction are soaked by social media marketing, I'm sure many of us are aware of it and not that surprised. It doesn't make the majority of us dumb. It makes us media savvy.

Hey have you seen the dark net sub reddit? The drug ones? Loads of interesting info ;)

I manage the hosting of several project websites, man do I pore over their user data, consumer behaviour etc ...It's the way of the world now. Is it not?

Anyhow thanks for the reply, it's been most interesting as is anything you may add to the discussion. %)

Agreed Mysterie , I'm not entirely certain of what you want Busty when you refer to untrained members. There are gp's, NHS 24 and Web md amongst other places that you may seek professional help and advice. This is HR from experience.
People trying to help others. We cannot stop people, we cannot force people to listen to the advice. Usually people just get it thrown back in their face.

As for the promotion and boasting of personal drug use what do you wish staff to do? Delete these posts? In effect not advising them that what they're doing could be harmful, not allowing others to offer the same advice? By limiting those posts we become the nazi's you're forever accusing staff of being.

Good response Sadie. Peer experience is often exactly what people are interested in. And often prefer to listen to.. Sometimes!

Status
Not open for further replies.