• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

The seemingly impossible truth about mega-Vit C & opiate wd

I completely concur with this thread. 10g sodium ascorbate morning/night was relieving 80% of my withdrawal symptoms last 6 days. not a huge habit, but a long one. definitely works,.

Thanks for sharing this, the more evidence we can get in one place, the more likely other people will give this a shot. I've yet to hear of anyone who tried it and didn't find it helped.

I just need to reduce my dose of opiates at this time. So I'm going to use it for that and see what happens.

Cooly! Give it a shot (no pun intended), there's nothing to lose. One word of caution, start taking the vit C a couple of days before you quit the opies. It'll muller your belly completely at first, but the system quickly adjusts. Good luck, report back as to how it goes!

I am on day 8 of methadone withdrawal. I have read reports of mega dosing vit c and got Cama.. An indigenous fruit to the rain forest that they dry up and powder. For each tea spoon it has like 1500 vit C. I also read a report on high doses of DXM.. The stuff in Robotussin.( without ANY of the other crap.. Just the DXM)
Anyway.. I find that I am still super sick but can work and sleep. My RLS is almost non exsistant. My stomach and digestive system on the other hand is totally whacked. Anyway.. I am almost out of the woods.. Some say another week until accute is over. I can't wait!!!

I am on day 8 of methadone withdrawal. I have read reports of mega dosing vit c and got Cama.. An indigenous fruit to the rain forest that they dry up and powder. For each tea spoon it has like 1500 vit C. I also read a report on high doses of DXM.. The stuff in Robotussin.( without ANY of the other crap.. Just the DXM)
Anyway.. I find that I am still super sick but can work and sleep. My RLS is almost non exsistant. My stomach and digestive system on the other hand is totally whacked. Anyway.. I am almost out of the woods.. Some say another week until accute is over. I can't wait!!!

Keep at it! Methadone I've not had any experience of, but I've heard it's a good long wd like bupe or pods.

Glad to hear you can work and sleep, me too! I seem to have got lucky belly wise, it was only trashed for two days. Might be because I bought the sodium ascorbate version of vit C, a little pricier but proportedly much easier on the GI tract. I'm still taking approx 5g vit c every 2 hours, because it doesn't seem to be doing any harm and I'm scared of any nasty aches and pains creeping in. I'm going to have to cut down soon, I've no real idea what effect so much vit C may have on my internals.

Keep on trucking, 8 days is awesome! (you're beating me by a day)! :D

Great job kratomquella!!!

Having a hard time this evening folks. I knew this day was coming, but noone can prepare you for the power of the opiate craving.

All I can do is fantasise about poppy seeds. It's almost as if the packet is levitating in front of me. My whole body aches for it. All the vit C on planet earth can't help that.

Someone, beat me down quick for thinking these thoughts. I'm not sure I can hold out, and that's the gods honest.

Having a hard time this evening folks. I knew this day was coming, but noone can prepare you for the power of the opiate craving.

All I can do is fantasise about poppy seeds. It's almost as if the packet is levitating in front of me. My whole body aches for it. All the vit C on planet earth can't help that.

Someone, beat me down quick for thinking these thoughts. I'm not sure I can hold out, and that's the gods honest.

Do you have access to kratom?

In case you don't, if you cave you will be right back at square one. Is there anything you can occupy yourself with right now? You may want to consider getting naltrexone (preferably the shot) - it really knocks out cravings. Hold tight - you got this! The longer you go without using eventually the less you'll crave.

Do you have access to kratom?h

In case you don't, if you cave you will be right back at square one. Is there anything you can occupy yourself with right now? You may want to consider getting naltrexone (preferably the shot) - it really knocks out cravings. Hold tight - you got this! The longer you go without using eventually the less you'll crave.
Nah, thanks to Thesera May, even Kratom's illegal now. Thanks for the support. You're right, I got this, sometimes you just need someone to tell you that. It's the weirdest feeling, craving so intense it's actually almost physical. No, bollocks - it IS physical. As if mother O is trying to levitate me to the supermarket.

And why the merry FUCK did I get myself hooked on baking products? I have to live with the fact that I can legally buy a great 24 hour long opiate hit for £2.40, the supply is constant, no questions asked. It's a bloody nightmare I've put myself in, a veritable nightmare.

I'll stop whinging now. Thanks again Moreaux, you guys are stars.

Nah, thanks to Thesera May, even Kratom's illegal now. Thanks for the support. You're right, I got this, sometimes you just need someone to tell you that. It's the weirdest feeling, craving so intense it's actually almost physical. No, bollocks - it IS physical. As if mother O is trying to levitate me to the supermarket.

And why the merry FUCK did I get myself hooked on baking products? I have to live with the fact that I can legally buy a great 24 hour long opiate hit for £2.40, the supply is constant, no questions asked. It's a bloody nightmare I've put myself in, a veritable nightmare.

I'll stop whinging now. Thanks again Moreaux, you guys are stars.

lmao! At least it's not fermented rotting fruit lol ;) I feel your pain with it being so readily available. Booze is my nemesis and I can't get away from it here - it's everywhere.

lmao! At least it's not fermented rotting fruit lol ;) I feel your pain with it being so readily available. Booze is my nemesis and I can't get away from it here - it's everywhere.
Certainly makes an addiction harder to deal with if it's thrust in your face. I got sick off this antsy feeling so dropped some 'cid instead. Bon voyage! :D

This makes more sense if you acknowledge the effect of taking large doses of loperamide, which can completely remove withdrawal effects if tolerance is within reasonable limits. I came off of a decently large methadone tolerance using loperamide over the course of 2 weeks with only moderate discomfort.

I'm curious as to the logic behind the mega dosing of vitamin C because I have never encountered any data suggesting it would do much, if anything to counter opioid withdrawals. I am open to receiving new information and reformulation my world views, nothing is set in stone.

It apparently works for all W/D. Seriously.

There is no scientific data, because Vitamin C can't be patented, but I can tell you that it abolishes MDXX tolerance, and significantly ameliorates alcohol and benzo withdrawal.

Doses are 10-12 grams of ascorbate salts per day, 1-2 grams 6-12 times a day

It apparently works for all W/D. Seriously.

There is no scientific data, because Vitamin C can't be patented, but I can tell you that it abolishes MDXX tolerance, and significantly ameliorates alcohol and benzo withdrawal.

Doses are 10-12 grams of ascorbate salts per day, 1-2 grams 6-12 times a day
Interesting! What an amazing compound all round.. You're absolutely right, the big pharma companies have far too much to lose if this were to become common knowledge.

This is a damn good reason to love TDS. Sometimes I feel like we take ourselves too seriously in SL. Sober people can be just are much the fuckhead as the next asshat, regardless of drug/pleasure of choice or whether they're using or not. This I always understood, is not an excuse to do something stupid, and yet still so happy to have had reinforced here today. Of course when you're using you can do some pretty foolish things too, so it definitely cuts both ways. No panacea. Anywhere, ever.

Anyhoo, thank you Muzda Jonxx and Moreaux :) You have both made my day bearable, somehow.

No it is so fucking cool to be able to read about things like that I'll never get a chance to do or know. I mean I don't want to, but those exact scenarios have run through my brain, so I take solace in knowing I'm not alone. And laughing a little at the world's various machinations.

Ah, I get ya now.. Yeah, I'm a class-A oddball, no doubt. And proud of it! Ain't the Internet a wonderful thing? I was just saying to a mate the other day how it frequently blows my mind that every person we've ever met or crossed paths with is right now doing something or other, forever weaving that great tapestry.

I guess we can see one another in one another. It is a nice feeling. Feeling less shitty now than I was an hour ago. Ain't life amazing. And all it took was 50 minutes, some music, and deciding not to make any decisions. Melancholic? Perhaps. But necessary. I could have made many worse choices, don't I know it.