The seemingly impossible truth about mega-Vit C & opiate wd

MJ -

Just stopping by to let you know that I told a friend about this method. He just received his vit c in the mail a few days ago and then started the 3-day pre-dose yesterday that is outlined in the article you posted.

I will come back to update you on his experience with it.

- VE

Well... I relapsed again... FML!!! This time it was bad though. I got a 30mg oxycodone pill from a dealer, took it, and an hour later was rushed in an ambulance to the ER. Turns out it was a fake pill and was actually fentanyl!!!

I'm glad you are okay now! Perhaps it might be useful to distinguish between a Lapse and a Relapse. It sounds like you had a lapse, the experience of which can actually be very useful as a learning experience. I hope you are able to find healthy ways to deal with the trauma of OD'ing, so you can use this as a learning experience and not a step on the alternative path away from recovery towards fully blown relapse (where you find yourself using at the same rate you did before were got clean).

I'm glad you are okay now! Perhaps it might be useful to distinguish between a Lapse and a Relapse. It sounds like you had a lapse, the experience of which can actually be very useful as a learning experience. I hope you are able to find healthy ways to deal with the trauma of OD'ing, so you can use this as a learning experience and not a step on the alternative path away from recovery towards fully blown relapse (where you find yourself using at the same rate you did before were got clean).

Thanks for the positive advice!

I do good for 3 or 4 days and use for 1 or 2 days like a moron. I can't let myself get to where I was again. If I do I'll lose my family and my wife and kids are all I care about.

I know that I've hurt them all because of my addiction and I'm very ashamed of what I've become. In the past I refused to take pills. I wouldn't even take a Tylenol. Then I had a couple wisdom teeth pulled, tried one vicodin and 3 years later I was a full-blown addict. I used to look at addicts that continually used in spite of the consequence and think "why? Just stop". I had a judgemental attitude. Now I've become that person I used to judge.
Karma's a bitch! Lol...
I have a completely different view now. I've met so many that are good people who just got caught up in addiction and struggle to find sobriety.
In a way I'm glad I'm experiencing this; because it's made me see through a different point of view and I think I'll be a better person because of it.
Tomorrow is a new day and I'm going to keep fighting to give my wife her husband back and my kids their father.
The people on this site are so awesome! Thanks guys!

Well... I relapsed again... FML!!! This time it was bad though. I got a 30mg oxycodone pill from a dealer, took it, and an hour later was rushed in an ambulance to the ER. Turns out it was a fake pill and was actually fentanyl!!!

I'm glad you are okay - that's terrible. I think you should analyze the circumstances surrounding this incident. What was going on in your life leading up to seeing your dealer? Identify the stressors and how you let them affect you. How could you have reacted differently? Were you stressed by things outside of your control? Are you eating and sleeping well? You don't need to answer these, they're just questions you should ask yourself and answer honestly.

I think you got lucky on many levels. One, it was a very negative event hat may help deter you in the future. It was an isolated incident that it is a great opportunity to learn from. What could you have done differently, and moving forward you can be mindful to ensure that you are not in a similar position. Lapse/relapse is all part of the recovery process. You have made such great progress, this is not a huge set back as long as you learn from it. This does not put you back to square one. Take care of yourself and keep us updated. Best wishes!

Bad luck jmartinez, don't get disheartened. If you truly want to quit then I have faith that you'll find a way. Two steps forwards, one step back. That being said, there's a wealth of difference between knowing you should quit and actually wanting to. I would be lying if I said I didn't have to grit my teeth a bit every time I wander past the opiate aisle at the shop, but there's something different in the way my mind's working this time. It's very hard to say exactly what, but the urge to buy opiates at the cost of all else seems finally to have disappeared. I think I only want them to get rid of those frustrating little aches and pains that are now with me most of the time. I say 'seems like' because it's still early doors for me too. It's going to take constant vigilance forever to keep that monkey at bay.

Anyway, my point is that until your mind changes to really want sobriety more than the opies, you'll be stuck in this cycle. If you're already there, dust yourself off and keep plodding forwards.

At the same site that touts Vit C for wd they also say DLPA is truly helpful for wd or potentiating opiates so you can take less. Does anyone have any experience using DLPA successfully?

Is that the site run by that redhead guy who quit oxy using vit-c? If so, I reckon it's probably worth a shot. The only thing I don't trust about his page are those two comfort meds he's pushing at the end, that all smacks of kickbacks to me. I do think he genuinely wants to help people and spread the word though.

I agree. Of course he's going to try to turn a buck. However I do think he knows something about kicking opiates. He says that DLPA can also potentiate opiates. I'm checkin that out as I'm not ready to get off the opiates just yet. I'd like to use less however.

MJ how are you doing did the Vit C take you to the finish line just wondering how you are doing just read your thread im a couple weeks away from kickin a 19 year oxy addiction looking for all the info i can get

Hiya.. Yeah, I'm doing good thanks. And yes, this method certainly helped me. It's no magic bullet in the long term but it certainly seemed to do a lot of good for the acute phase. Now I'm 3 months opiate free, I'm still positive but staying that way takes constant vigilance. The seeds I used to get high from have completely vanished from the stores which is a godsend, I'd be lying if I said I never check the shelves. I can keep myself from ordering them from the post, not sure if my willpower would have held if they were right there in front of my face. Powerful hold these opiates hold over us.

Give it a try, there's nothing to lose but the cost of a jar of ascorbate. I'd recommend high dose lope to help with your belly, both ascorbate and opiate withdrawal will liquefy your insides dramatically. It can't be denied that I felt pretty much fine other than a bumpy day 1, 48 hours after quitting I was out and about (albeit a bit sore) running errands, seeing friends and whatnot. Due to circumstance the whole thing had to be done secret squirrel, no one but me and the folk on here know I fell off the wagon for 9 months, and no one knew when I quit the pods to get back on that wagon. Not once did anyone suspect, whereas on prior withdrawals I would have been a sweating wreck curled up wanting to die.

The only thing I did different was the ascorbate thing. Still seems unbelievable to me.

Good for you!! you are a tough person to be able to hide the withdrawls! best of luck to you!!

Thanks guys.

The reason I hide it well is that I'm very very very used to the withdrawal process. This one was mild, there were many that I couldn't hide for love nor money because standing up was an impossibility.

There's one mantra that I keep that saves me from opiate withdrawal insanity. That mantra is 'it's just a wave'. I've noticed that with all opiates, at all intensities of withdrawal, the one thing that holds true is that the menagery of symptoms are constantly fluctuating in severity. So for years now, whenever a horrible symptom hits, I repeat 'it's just a wave'. There's always moments of relief just around the corner, no matter how brief. Pain is pain, I don't find the intense withdrawals more depressing than the mild ones, just more incapacitating. 'It's just a wave' has saved me from the endless monotony of wd many times.

Thanks guys.

The reason I hide it well is that I'm very very very used to the withdrawal process. This one was mild, there were many that I couldn't hide for love nor money because standing up was an impossibility.

There's one mantra that I keep that saves me from opiate withdrawal insanity. That mantra is 'it's just a wave'. I've noticed that with all opiates, at all intensities of withdrawal, the one thing that holds true is that the menagery of symptoms are constantly fluctuating in severity. So for years now, whenever a horrible symptom hits, I repeat 'it's just a wave'. There's always moments of relief just around the corner, no matter how brief. Pain is pain, I don't find the intense withdrawals more depressing than the mild ones, just more incapacitating. 'It's just a wave' has saved me from the endless monotony of wd many times.

Lots of good wisdom and ideas thanks for sharing

Thanks guys.

This is actually what I try to do with any of the uncomfortable feelings in life. When you remind yourself that it is a wave, an upwelling followed by a smoothing out, it becomes easier to ride it through. Just knowing that something will not stay at peak intensity (anger, fear, grief) forever makes it so much more bearable. The problem comes when our minds attach only to the peak and remember it, forgetting the waning intensity, so that when the feeling comes again we add even more anxiety to it.