• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Phenibut Megathread

I definitely wouldn't quit phenibut cold turkey. That would be like quitting Klonopin or some benzo cold turkey. Yeah, some smarty pants would say phenibut isn't "technically" a benzo, but I think of it as one and treat it as one because it has a helluva bite and backlash just like one. Taper off of the phenibut by cutting your dose back. Whatever you were taking, slowly take less until you're out of the woods. When I tapered years ago and started feeling REALLY bad, all I needed was to fill a 00 capsule up with phenibut and it would at least ease the withdrawals. Or maybe you'll need to fill 2 capsules first. Just slowly taper back!

I also get a script for Klonopin every month so if you could find a different benzo to help you taper, that could also taper. But you could do it with phenibut, just use less and less of it then jump off. Don't go cold turkey. That's suffering for absolutely no reason.

Does anyone have any experience with taking phenibut while on Effexor? I'm reluctant ta try until I know if others have had any success with it. Thanks.

Phenibut and depression...?

Long story short, I was mentally freaking out about life and felt like it would be a good time to take 4g Phenibut HCL, not FAA, and try and calm myself.

(Read if you want to know the backstory, jump to the paragraph below this to go straight to my question)
Long story not shortened, It worked half of what I wanted it to do, and the other half it made it twice as worse but I still think I would have rather taken this scenario over the original, no matter how bad it got. For my anxiety and stressing, it was completely gone, adios. But the half that I was thinking about life, struggling and having a literal hell of a time, that was amplified to the point where I could do nothing besides listen to music and try to drown out the thoughts about how shitty life is, to little avail. All I could think of was what I was thinking of before the phenibut, and it got to the point where I stopped responding to all of my conversations over text, snapchat, instagram, and I sat on my floor at the brink of taking a sedative and sleeping the thoughts away. I decided that was a bad idea because I wasn't aware of how severe the synergy between Phenibut and sedatives would be, so I decided to drink until I couldn't focus on jack shit anymore and at this point my experience turned okay, less me being able to do anything productive.

So the question I pose, is this normal? Is it normal to have bad thoughts worsened and to think about life or bad topics in general more and feel worse about them on phenibut than off? I want to redose in the morning to prevent any more anxiety, the first time I'll ever redose on any psychoactive substance, so don't worry I'm not addicted to Phenibut or anything, but I don't know whether that will make me seldom in school and think about what I was before or was that experience just the exception, not the rule? Would something like Amphetamine do better at making me think less about the hardships, more than phenibut that is?

I have school in 5 hours, I'd love, but don't need, a response before then. If I don't get a response I'll just redose and see what happens, because I really want to have these thoughts out of my head.

Yes, that is quite normal. Phenibut amplifies emotions of every nature, quite like Ethanol. So if you felt shitty before, it can get worse. Moreover doing Phenibut while being alone is pointless IME. 4g is a very high dose (for me it would be an OD) for a non-dependent user. So maybe try 1g next time. It feel a lot less toxic.

Amphetamine should not be abused as a sole mood lifting agent. That is just a side effect of amphetamine. For your situation I would recommend some mild mood-lifting, already researched, herbal substance in combination with physical activity. The latter being more important.

To come back to topic : Yes, your reactions are normal in my view.

4g is ALOT. Did you build a tolerance to this dose? Half of that put me to sleep. Maybe a quarter of that for anxiolitic action. Unless ofc ur taking something else with it, on amp I have to double dose phenibut. Amps comedown will make u feel fkin terrible if u think u feel bad now

OP, did you say that you didn't know the severity of mixing phenibut with a sedative, but you drank on it instead? You understand that was a bad idea right?

I would recommend you read some mega threads.

Most definately take it easy with drugs/drug combos that you are unfamiliar with.

Read the shrine, if you want to see how bad combos can turn out.

Yes, that is quite normal. Phenibut amplifies emotions of every nature, quite like Ethanol. So if you felt shitty before, it can get worse. Moreover doing Phenibut while being alone is pointless IME. 4g is a very high dose (for me it would be an OD) for a non-dependent user. So maybe try 1g next time. It feel a lot less toxic.

Amphetamine should not be abused as a sole mood lifting agent. That is just a side effect of amphetamine. For your situation I would recommend some mild mood-lifting, already researched, herbal substance in combination with physical activity. The latter being more important.

I personally disagree that taking Phenibut while alone is pointless and I also frequently go as high as 4 grams but I will spread out those 4 grams usually over a 10-12 hour period so by the time I actually reach that dosage I will be going to sleep soon.

The majority of a day on Phenibut for me will probably be ranging in the 2,000mgs range or the low 3000s like maybe 2,000-3,200 before it starts getting late and I am seeking a truly sedative experience to just nod out, but keep in mind I drink LARGE amounts of caffeine which probably helps keep me more active and awake on higher doses.

If I want to be at all active I can't take more than 3,200mgs.

But I greatly enjoy Phenibut while by myself just walking around outside when it's nice out and listening to music and getting a really good emotional impact out of nature or the music I'm listening to in particular, sometimes other things etc and I also really like to exercise while on it which is one of the uses it's supposedly intended for and in LOW doses can increase my performance when doing cardio or light weight lifting.

IMO saying there's no point in doing it alone is like saying it's wrong to drink alcohol alone: is it probably more psychologically unhealthy??

I think we can agree that it is.

Is it still enjoyable/helpful in some way??

That's up to the user themselves to decide.

But on topic, I have never gotten depression from Phenibut personally, but I DO notice it can strongly increase my anger but at the same time, it can also calm me down and make me feel happy and empathetic so it's a catch 22.

It all depends on what is going on.

If someone says something to piss me off while I am on a strong dose of Phenibut I often find myself getting MORE angry than normal which I find odd but perhaps it isnt', and that DOESN'T happen to me when I drink which is of course another GABAergic.

BUT...if I am instead ANXIOUS about something then Phenibut calms me down, and if I am depressed it usually is likely to help as well in that I can appreciate the little things in life more like hanging out outside on a nice day, chilling with my cat lol, listening to music, a nice talk with a friend, etc.

And if I happen to be around people I also find myself more generous and empathetic towards them while on it.

Last edited:

I've got a very low tolerance and even the 4g with the ethanol (140 proof bitchesssss) it wasn't particularly sedating, I didn't want to do things like exercise, but nevertheless I was able to fully. And thank you for the insight into not using Amphetamine for mood lift, I'll be sure to take what you said into account. I really didn't realize that it isn't particularly meant for what I use it for.

4g is ALOT. Did you build a tolerance to this dose? Half of that put me to sleep. Maybe a quarter of that for anxiolitic action. Unless ofc ur taking something else with it, on amp I have to double dose phenibut. Amps comedown will make u feel fkin terrible if u think u feel bad now

IME 2g does very little besides reduce, not eliminate, my speech problems, and does slightly improve my mood, that's why I took 4g. I took 2 cups of keurig style coffee with it, as I've heard caffeine and phenibut are very good together.

OP, did you say that you didn't know the severity of mixing phenibut with a sedative, but you drank on it instead? You understand that was a bad idea right?

I would recommend you read some mega threads.

Most definately take it easy with drugs/drug combos that you are unfamiliar with.

Read the shrine, if you want to see how bad combos can turn out.

About mixing Phenibut and alcohol, I was impaired at the time and decided that it probably wasn't going to harm me, and I realize now that that was a highly dangerous decision and I should have done research on the combination if I wanted to do it.

Also, are there actually shrine posts about people who mixed phenibut and sedatives..? I'll go check it out now, thanks for the advice Speed King.

I personally disagree that taking Phenibut while alone is pointless and I also frequently go as high as 4 grams but I will spread out those 4 grams usually over a 10-12 hour period so by the time I actually reach that dosage I will be going to sleep soon.

The majority of a day on Phenibut for me will probably be ranging in the 2,000mgs range or the low 3000s like maybe 2,000-3,200 before it starts getting late and I am seeking a truly sedative experience to just nod out, but keep in mind I drink LARGE amounts of caffeine which probably helps keep me more active and awake on higher doses.

If I want to be at all active I can't take more than 3,200mgs.

But I greatly enjoy Phenibut while by myself just walking around outside when it's nice out and listening to music and getting a really good emotional impact out of nature or the music I'm listening to in particular, sometimes other things etc and I also really like to exercise while on it which is one of the uses it's supposedly intended for and in LOW doses can increase my performance when doing cardio or light weight lifting.

IMO saying there's no point in doing it alone is like saying it's wrong to drink alcohol alone: is it probably more psychologically unhealthy??

I think we can agree that it is.

Is it still enjoyable/helpful in some way??

That's up to the user themselves to decide.

But on topic, I have never gotten depression from Phenibut personally, but I DO notice it can strongly increase my anger but at the same time, it can also calm me down and make me feel happy and empathetic so it's a catch 22.

It all depends on what is going on.

If someone says something to piss me off while I am on a strong dose of Phenibut I often find myself getting MORE angry than normal which I find odd but perhaps it isnt', and that DOESN'T happen to me when I drink which is of course another GABAergic.

BUT...if I am instead ANXIOUS about something then Phenibut calms me down, and if I am depressed it usually is likely to help as well in that I can appreciate the little things in life more like hanging out outside on a nice day, chilling with my cat lol, listening to music, a nice talk with a friend, etc.

And if I happen to be around people I also find myself more generous and empathetic towards them while on it.

Is nodding where you suddenly realize something/feel the random urge to like stop everything and just relax for a second, because that happened at what I consider the peak of my experience, after I redosed 2g (Essentially, as I took 2g at first on an empty stomach and a few hours later I vomited the contents of my stomach up and then took 2g with food to try and stop vomiting the phenibut up). It was weird, I was having trouble focusing on objects far away and for the first time on a psychoactive I had photophobia, even though my eyes were nowhere near the size they are on Dex.

Apart from all of the responses, after my experience today, I can genuinely say that I believe that vomiting a few times and having a minor headache which, yes, is caused BY THE PHENIBUT PEOPLE, TRIED AND TRUE, is an okay swap for the benefits I receive in the school setting. I have a speech impairment which hasn't been diagnosed but is definitely a major problem, and the amount of phenibut I took COMPLETELY erased the impairment. I was speaking like I never ever have before, I was literally so happy I could have cried. In addition, I have many many moments every day where a word is just on the tip of my tongue and I can never find it, but on phenibut, I had no such moments. I was able to pick up topics much faster than I have before, I was super super motivated to do work, I was incredibly sociable, like, I have trouble sometimes talking to friends in the hallway but on phenibut I'm able to talk to complete strangers with 0 problem, and lastly I was much more confident in myself, I felt like I was able to be whoever I wanted and that I was able to do whatever I put my mind to. I will definitely be trying phenibut in varying dosages to achieve the same effects with less side effects, because vomiting in school isn't too fun.

I've got a very low tolerance and even the 4g with the ethanol (140 proof bitchesssss) it wasn't particularly sedating, I didn't want to do things like exercise, but nevertheless I was able to fully. And thank you for the insight into not using Amphetamine for mood lift, I'll be sure to take what you said into account. I really didn't realize that it isn't particularly meant for what I use it for.

IME 2g does very little besides reduce, not eliminate, my speech problems, and does slightly improve my mood, that's why I took 4g. I took 2 cups of keurig style coffee with it, as I've heard caffeine and phenibut are very good together.

About mixing Phenibut and alcohol, I was impaired at the time and decided that it probably wasn't going to harm me, and I realize now that that was a highly dangerous decision and I should have done research on the combination if I wanted to do it.

Also, are there actually shrine posts about people who mixed phenibut and sedatives..? I'll go check it out now, thanks for the advice Speed King.

Is nodding where you suddenly realize something/feel the random urge to like stop everything and just relax for a second, because that happened at what I consider the peak of my experience, after I redosed 2g (Essentially, as I took 2g at first on an empty stomach and a few hours later I vomited the contents of my stomach up and then took 2g with food to try and stop vomiting the phenibut up). It was weird, I was having trouble focusing on objects far away and for the first time on a psychoactive I had photophobia, even though my eyes were nowhere near the size they are on Dex.

Apart from all of the responses, after my experience today, I can genuinely say that I believe that vomiting a few times and having a minor headache which, yes, is caused BY THE PHENIBUT PEOPLE, TRIED AND TRUE, is an okay swap for the benefits I receive in the school setting. I have a speech impairment which hasn't been diagnosed but is definitely a major problem, and the amount of phenibut I took COMPLETELY erased the impairment. I was speaking like I never ever have before, I was literally so happy I could have cried. In addition, I have many many moments every day where a word is just on the tip of my tongue and I can never find it, but on phenibut, I had no such moments. I was able to pick up topics much faster than I have before, I was super super motivated to do work, I was incredibly sociable, like, I have trouble sometimes talking to friends in the hallway but on phenibut I'm able to talk to complete strangers with 0 problem, and lastly I was much more confident in myself, I felt like I was able to be whoever I wanted and that I was able to do whatever I put my mind to. I will definitely be trying phenibut in varying dosages to achieve the same effects with less side effects, because vomiting in school isn't too fun.

No, I think most people define "nodding" as basically falling asleep and then waking back up again and falling asleep again etc repeatedly like you might do even if you were just tired.

I'm not sure why you threw up off that dosage but maybe it was cause you were on an empty stomach or took too much.

Just be careful because Phenibut is HIGHLY addictive and the withdrawals can supposedly be like HELL ON EARTH, sometimes even with days of insomnia and paranoia and even auditory hallucinations and stopping cold turkey even has the risk of death as does with all GABA drugs like benzos and alcohol.

I personally NEVER take more than 8,000mgs in a single week or on more than 3 days in a single week at ANY dose.

I currently stick to never dosing more than 2 days a week.

The tub itself usually says not to take more than 4,000mgs in a week but I've found myself ok at twice that.

Phenibut is NOT the type of drug you should take 4, 5, 6 or 7 days a week EVEN FOR A SHORT period of time as it can cause dependence VERY quickly and also your tolerance will rise very quickly so your current dosage no longer works and once you get to taking more to achieve the same effect your getting yourself into trouble so set a certain dosage you NEVER exceed in 24 hours and a certain number of days per week you NEVER exceed in terms of when you take it.

Don't fall in love with it so much that you take too much or you will have a worse problem on your hands than your speech impairment, though I'm glad to hear it has worked for you, you will most likely need to supplement your Phenibut usage with some alternative therapy or ways of dealing with your problem if you expect lasting results in my opinion.

Like maybe work with a speech therapist or psychologist while you are on Phenibut??

Or even on the off days?

No, I think most people define "nodding" as basically falling asleep and then waking back up again and falling asleep again etc repeatedly like you might do even if you were just tired.

I'm not sure why you threw up off that dosage but maybe it was cause you were on an empty stomach or took too much.

Just be careful because Phenibut is HIGHLY addictive and the withdrawals can supposedly be like HELL ON EARTH, sometimes even with days of insomnia and paranoia and even auditory hallucinations and stopping cold turkey even has the risk of death as does with all GABA drugs like benzos and alcohol.

I personally NEVER take more than 8,000mgs in a single week or on more than 3 days in a single week at ANY dose.

I currently stick to never dosing more than 2 days a week.

The tub itself usually says not to take more than 4,000mgs in a week but I've found myself ok at twice that.

Phenibut is NOT the type of drug you should take 4, 5, 6 or 7 days a week EVEN FOR A SHORT period of time as it can cause dependence VERY quickly and also your tolerance will rise very quickly so your current dosage no longer works and once you get to taking more to achieve the same effect your getting yourself into trouble so set a certain dosage you NEVER exceed in 24 hours and a certain number of days per week you NEVER exceed in terms of when you take it.

Don't fall in love with it so much that you take too much or you will have a worse problem on your hands than your speech impairment, though I'm glad to hear it has worked for you, you will most likely need to supplement your Phenibut usage with some alternative therapy or ways of dealing with your problem if you expect lasting results in my opinion.

Like maybe work with a speech therapist or psychologist while you are on Phenibut??

Or even on the off days?

Pretty sure its something to do with acidity or something... 5th time today vomiting... wonderful... I believe i'm experencing come-down rn... nervous, sweaty, nauseated, dizziness... wonderful...

Anything that cures any of these symptoms..?

Probably wont be dosing phenibut any time soon...

Sorry if this isn't an appropriate place to ask this, but If I just had a ONE day binge where I consumed 6g over the course and a little alcohol as well, is it okay to completely stop after it or must I use a relatively quick taper?

Sorry if this isn't an appropriate place to ask this, but If I just had a ONE day binge where I consumed 6g over the course and a little alcohol as well, is it okay to completely stop after it or must I use a relatively quick taper?
6g is nothing. you can just stop dude. Whats more important is how much you took over a week. Tapering after just a day will worsen your withdrawals. I doubt you will feel anything .

For any of you that takes phenibut, it's how much you take in a week that matters. It doesn't matter take a big ass dose one day or spread it out over days. It's the same thing.

I was using like 2g a day every day in a week that's 14g. And I would continue doing that every week till week 3 then stop. Now that's gonna warrant some motherfucking withdrawals. Not that bad. I just didn't sleep for 7 days and was horribly depressed and anxious. That was my most recent run (last month)

For HR purpose I'm not gonna talk about my previous run but I went through 1000g of phenibut powder before stoping abruptly and was fucked up for a long time.

Last edited:
Phenibut kicks in after ~3h. Didn't you know that ? I simply cannot comprehend, how anyone would drop so much, because you'll just feel incredibly intoxicated instead of the supposed effects of the drug (anxiolytic, mood lift).

A recreational dose is 0.5g-2g. Everything above will just increase the side effects or put you to sleep (or worse if combined). Sorry, don't wanted to slang you. It is just that I have the impression, that you do not know the properties of the drug and someone should tell you.

4g at ~7pm night before, little alcohol at 8, fell asleep at around 9 or 10, woke up at 1:30 to 2, took ~2g at 3, threw it all up by 4:30, dosed again right after I threw up but added food and caffeine this time, so I didn't throw up, and Gym class started at 9.

4g at ~7pm night before, little alcohol at 8, fell asleep at around 9 or 10, woke up at 1:30 to 2, took ~2g at 3, threw it all up by 4:30, dosed again right after I threw up but added food and caffeine this time, so I didn't throw up, and Gym class started at 9.

There must be a reason for you to take an overdose of Phenibut before gym class. Was your intention to be too sick for a physical exam ? Why not just call in sick ? 6g is too much. Btw : If you feel fine now, you most probably will also be fine the next days. It will feel like a alcohol hangover I suppose. If you feel acute draconic side effects, best seek medical attention, but that is unlikely. And don't forget to drink water. That stuff can be harsh on the kidneys.

@fooman

Don't worry fooman. Your taper will not be affected. It is not nice to hijack a thread, but when someone takes an OD of 6g and thinks it is harmless, we HAVE to reply. But after the issue is moved to the Megathread, our posts should be deleted here.

@Ventrusii

Please post your question in the Phenibut megathread http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/794810-Phenibut-Discussion-Thread/page4. We should delete our posts after that here. You have to click on "edit" and then in edit mode on "delete" on the right.

I deleted my last two posts and asked the mods, whether they can move our other posts.

Last edited:
Uhm, ziiirp, let me be clear, I LOVE gym, it was nowhere in my mind to give myself an excuse to skip it. That was merely a side effect.

I just wanted to say sorry about my post yesterday. I was high on amphetamines and even though I can be careless with Phenibut use, 6g is too much. I didn't mean to downplay ur dose like it nothing just because I took insane doses in the past. But let us know how ur doing...

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you to stop after day 4 and it seems that you didn't.

If you don't stop soon it's going to be worse and worse.

Read Pinpoint's thread "My Phenibut Affair".

That shit scared me away from EVER getting addicted to Phenibut.

He got full blown auditory hallucinations, some psychosis and a bunch of other REALLY bad shit.

You are better off not sleeping tomorrow or at least tapering.

It's just going to get worse and worse.

You needed to read about this shit BEFORE you started doing this.

Now that you didn't, you need to stop sooner rather than later or you it will just get exponentially worse as time goes on.

This. I was just about to explain how phenibut withdrawal made me hallucinate and hear things that weren't actually there. I couldn't tell what was real or not real anymore. It makes you want to kill yourself. People need to stop playing around with this and take it more seriously.

I had ordered 25g to have on hand in case of emergencies and after reading these threads I sent it back. The more I read the more I realize how insidious this stuff really is. I think this is definately off limits to any one who has had issues with other GABAergics, though I am grossly fascinated to see what PAWS is like after a long term daily phenibut habit.

I had ordered 25g to have on hand in case of emergencies and after reading these threads I sent it back. The more I read the more I realize how insidious this stuff really is. I think this is definately off limits to any one who has had issues with other GABAergics, though I am grossly fascinated to see what PAWS is like after a long term daily phenibut habit.

No. You don't want to know what it's like. PAWS from phenibut is a nightmare. A different type of nightmare from benzo withdrawals. It's even worst the way it fucks with your mind. Literally you could go insane.