• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Phenibut Megathread

I had ordered 25g to have on hand in case of emergencies and after reading these threads I sent it back. The more I read the more I realize how insidious this stuff really is. I think this is definately off limits to any one who has had issues with other GABAergics, though I am grossly fascinated to see what PAWS is like after a long term daily phenibut habit.
Phenibut is way more addictive than benzos to me not only do they take anxiety but also improves cognition and motivation unlike benzos. Im always more verbally fluid, increased ability to think on my feet, come up with a solution or decision on Phenibut so there is a temptation to keep using.

It's worse for me because I've accomplished some great things on Phenibut which I'm still reaping the benefits from to this day (financial,social,etc) that I probably would have never have done sober so it's way harder to let go when u associate such strong positive outcomes with a drug and ignore the negatives.

Last edited:
Bingo! It makes you feel quick, witty and focused, great mood, no anxiety. It honestly reminds me of a "Limitless" pill from that movie. That's what it's like. Anyway, been there and done that with phenibut. It stopped working the same for me so I moved on to a new addiction.

Bingo! It makes you feel quick, witty and focused, great mood, no anxiety. It honestly reminds me of a "Limitless" pill from that movie. That's what it's like. Anyway, been there and done that with phenibut. It stopped working the same for me so I moved on to a new addiction.
Yep or like the film Wolf of Walt Street where he abuses qualudes but in my case PHENIBUT and starts his own business, snorts line off hookers ass,etc. Lol

Oh yeah, I would love to try qualudes, looks like a great time. But they're hard to find I believe. That's old school drugs.

Phenibut is way more addictive than benzos to me not only do they take anxiety but also improves cognition and motivation unlike benzos. Im always more verbally fluid, increased ability to think on my feet, come up with a solution or decision on Phenibut so there is a temptation to keep using.

It's worse for me because I've accomplished some great things on Phenibut which I'm still reaping the benefits from to this day (financial,social,etc) that I probably would have never have done sober so it's way harder to let go when u associate such strong positive outcomes with a drug and ignore the negatives.

That almost makes it tempting lol. Since getting clean I have become so dull and listless, and I don't socialize much. I do go out and do things, but I'm conversationally very quiet. Positive phenibut would have gotten out of hand for me immediately. It's too bad they can design something that has similar effects but is not as insidious. Benzo are relaxing but the are also mind numbing...definately not even close.

@sobrietysucks

I'm not sure if this is to me, doesn't seem so because you up-played my scenario, rather than downplaying it as you said. But if it was to me, first what you said is okay, in entirety, and I'm doing mostly well right now. I have a minor headache that's lasted on and off since yesterday at about 3, and my nausea stopped at around 6 this morning, that being the last time I threw up (thank fucking god). I had minor hallucinations like me hearing my name once or twice and seeing things race across my peripheral vision but not actually be there. Other than that, a little brain fog is all I have. I'm thankful that I didn't kill myself with the dose and my stupid actions, and I think taking a two stimulants with my redose (2 cups of coffee and my new (literally started that day, funny enough) ~62.5mg dose of propylhexedrine (FUCK LAVENDER BURPS LIKE OMFG)) may have saved my fucking life. I think this because after I believe the propylhexedrine wore off, ~4-5 hours after I took it, I went from able to do my daily school activities, to falling nearly asleep on a bench in PE. I think that I might have stimulated myself during the peak and slightly after, thank god, because the peak without stimulants could have decreased my rate of respiration to the point of death if that was enough. I guess we'll never know, and for my sake, I'm glad we don't.

How do you deal with the acidity with 2g+ doses? I'm fine with lower doses, but at doses where this stuff actually starts to get recreational, it gives me the worst heartburn and intestinal cramps and my whole body just feels acidic. My stomach really can't tolerate tums for some reason. Baking soda? Would the dampen the effects of the phenibut somehow? I don't get very worrisome side effects like bleeding, but I also don't use frequently.

Best thing to do IME is take two tums every time you start to feel the slightest bit of nausea, don't take into account the "max dose" on the antacids per day, as that's for someone with normal acid production. On phenibut, you'll need more than the maximum dose, no doubt.

Do you take the phenibut HCl powder or capsules?

HCl in capsules. I read that the FAA is better in terms of acidity, but the same person said it felt much less recreational, which is the only reason I use phenibut. I couldn't find many other accounts.

I had ordered 25g to have on hand in case of emergencies and after reading these threads I sent it back. The more I read the more I realize how insidious this stuff really is. I think this is definately off limits to any one who has had issues with other GABAergics, though I am grossly fascinated to see what PAWS is like after a long term daily phenibut habit.

While I definitely think you are correct in a way if you over do it with Phenibut, it all depends on the type of drug inclinations you have, because when used PROPERLY Phenibut can be great.

It's odd with me because I often have trouble moderating with many substances, I might even say MOST substances, but then there are certain substances that for whatever reason (**knock on wood**) I don't have trouble moderating with really and Phenibut is one of them.

While I often get up to 4 grams in a day (I am on that much right now) I never exceed that, nor exceed 8,000mgs in a single week, and so far have had very few real side effects from it.

On the other hand, while I like Kratom more (R.I.P. stupid fucking DEA, now I'm just moving on and forgetting it ever existed) and I'd consider Kratom FAR less harmful and less addictive FOR ME for some reason I was just obsessed with Kratom and constantly redosing.

I never got a really bad PHYSICAL addiction but I was mentally way too in love with the stuff, and if I did that with Phenibut I'd be in BIG trouble.

But if for some reason you find yourself to harmonize well with the substance and DON'T feel the constant need to take it every day..which for whatever reason I don't...it can be an excellent compound with few side effects.

It's just one of those things where kept at the exact right dosages you can experience great and helpful effects with very few side effects at all, but if you cross that line into using more than you should it's like suddenly dropping off a steep cliff when you were previously on entirely firm ground.

At least, that's what I believe from the reports I've heard of it's dangers without ever having experienced themselves because I've been cautious.

So my point is, yes, if you have trouble with GABergics you should probably steer clear...BUT, I don't feel like its' this "Evil" substance, and I feel like when NOT greatly overdone, you can get really high off it and experience very positive effects like performance enhancement with some sports and intellectual activities, empathy towards people, relaxing effect for socializing, with very few negative side effects.

It's a "dose makes the poison" kind of deal, but when used moderately, I really feel like it's quite safe.

While I definitely think you are correct in a way if you over do it with Phenibut, it all depends on the type of drug inclinations you have, because when used PROPERLY Phenibut can be great.

It's odd with me because I often have trouble moderating with many substances, I might even say MOST substances, but then there are certain substances that for whatever reason (**knock on wood**) I don't have trouble moderating with really and Phenibut is one of them.

While I often get up to 4 grams in a day (I am on that much right now) I never exceed that, nor exceed 8,000mgs in a single week, and so far have had very few real side effects from it.

On the other hand, while I like Kratom more (R.I.P. stupid fucking DEA, now I'm just moving on and forgetting it ever existed) and I'd consider Kratom FAR less harmful and less addictive FOR ME for some reason I was just obsessed with Kratom and constantly redosing.

I never got a really bad PHYSICAL addiction but I was mentally way too in love with the stuff, and if I did that with Phenibut I'd be in BIG trouble.

But if for some reason you find yourself to harmonize well with the substance and DON'T feel the constant need to take it every day..which for whatever reason I don't...it can be an excellent compound with few side effects.

It's just one of those things where kept at the exact right dosages you can experience great and helpful effects with very few side effects at all, but if you cross that line into using more than you should it's like suddenly dropping off a steep cliff when you were previously on entirely firm ground.

At least, that's what I believe from the reports I've heard of it's dangers without ever having experienced themselves because I've been cautious.

So my point is, yes, if you have trouble with GABergics you should probably steer clear...BUT, I don't feel like its' this "Evil" substance, and I feel like when NOT greatly overdone, you can get really high off it and experience very positive effects like performance enhancement with some sports and intellectual activities, empathy towards people, relaxing effect for socializing, with very few negative side effects.

It's a "dose makes the poison" kind of deal, but when used moderately, I really feel like it's quite safe.

This is exactly what I am wondering. I'm a horrible alcoholic, but benzos were never insidious for me. I never took them to get high, and the only times I took more ham prescribed was when I was drunk and had forgotten I already took one and would keep popping one until I passed out or ended up in the hospital (legitimately, my memory was destroyed at that time).

I was absolutely addicted to benzos because I had a script and took Xanax daily per the script, for ten years. It wasn't until I was at the end stage of my alcoholism did I learn that benzos were abusable and addictive. When I went to rehab for the booze they cut me off (terrible withdrawal and PAWS). When I got out of rehab I wasn't obsessing about benzos, but booze was on my mind 24/7, and I eventually relapsed on alcohol. I actually found little hidden stashes of Xanax around my house (not hidden intentionally, just very poor memory) and just flushed them as I found them. It didn't occur to me to take it after that hellish withdrawal. The day I checked into rehab was the day I took my last benzo. Originally I thought if I took Phenibut in lower doses, like 250 mg - 500 mg would that be therapeutic for me until I found out it's not a daily suppliment. Then I thought I could use it for acute anxiety - it happens a couple of times a year.

My drug history include opiates for a few years, coke, and other random substances and I never had an issue stopping those, granted, I didn't feel great quitting opiates but I stopped cold turkey after a daily two year habit and never relapsed. I really enjoyed them. I loved coke but I could absolutely use one weekend and keep it around for months without it creeping into my thoughts. I've had many substances that are known to be fiendish and I could take or leave them so I really don't know about phenibut.

I haven't sent it back yet, but also knowing now that it is not quick acting I'm not so certain it would do what I was hoping. I wanted it for acute anxiety attacks and it doesn't sound like it would help those. I guess as tempting as it is, it's just not worth the risk especially if it's not going to kick in an sedate me within 20 minutes, and probably not going to be hugely noticeable at the dose range I was considering anyway. I appreciate your comments - I am certainly considering what you have said.

This is exactly what I am wondering. I'm a horrible alcoholic, but benzos were never insidious for me. I never took them to get high, and the only times I took more ham prescribed was when I was drunk and had forgotten I already took one and would keep popping one until I passed out or ended up in the hospital (legitimately, my memory was destroyed at that time).

I was absolutely addicted to benzos because I had a script and took Xanax daily per the script, for ten years. It wasn't until I was at the end stage of my alcoholism did I learn that benzos were abusable and addictive. When I went to rehab for the booze they cut me off (terrible withdrawal and PAWS). When I got out of rehab I wasn't obsessing about benzos, but booze was on my mind 24/7, and I eventually relapsed on alcohol. I actually found little hidden stashes of Xanax around my house (not hidden intentionally, just very poor memory) and just flushed them as I found them. It didn't occur to me to take it after that hellish withdrawal. The day I checked into rehab was the day I took my last benzo. Originally I thought if I took Phenibut in lower doses, like 250 mg - 500 mg would that be therapeutic for me until I found out it's not a daily suppliment. Then I thought I could use it for acute anxiety - it happens a couple of times a year.

My drug history include opiates for a few years, coke, and other random substances and I never had an issue stopping those, granted, I didn't feel great quitting opiates but I stopped cold turkey after a daily two year habit and never relapsed. I really enjoyed them. I loved coke but I could absolutely use one weekend and keep it around for months without it creeping into my thoughts. I've had many substances that are known to be fiendish and I could take or leave them so I really don't know about phenibut.

I haven't sent it back yet, but also knowing now that it is not quick acting I'm not so certain it would do what I was hoping. I wanted it for acute anxiety attacks and it doesn't sound like it would help those. I guess as tempting as it is, it's just not worth the risk especially if it's not going to kick in an sedate me within 20 minutes, and probably not going to be hugely noticeable at the dose range I was considering anyway. I appreciate your comments - I am certainly considering what you have said.

Yeah, Phenibut is ANYTHING but "quick acting".

It takes about an hour and a half to two hours for me to feel a dose so it's not the kind of thing you can take in the case of an acute panic attack like Xanax or Klonopin, the latter of the two which I have scripts for which helps with my anxiety, but Klonopin has never gotten me high in any way while Phenibut does.

I am the way with Phenibut that you were with Coke: I can leave it around and usually won't feel like I absolutely can't resist it.

I only use it on the weekends and never during the week.

For me I can take it or leave it and yet really enjoy its effects so its a good medium for me, but yeah, most drug users do have certain drugs that they have problems with more than others and you can never really know whether or not it will be one of those you have problems with, and while it isn't really all that much like alcohol, it's closer to alcohol than non-GABA drugs and I COULD see it as potentially being something an alcoholic might abuse.

If you actually have money to blow you could buy a small amount and try it once or twice and then flush it if you think it's going to be an issue, but if you really liked it maybe you'd then be inclined to purchase more as it's not very expensive and entirely legal and easy to order online.

It's an unusual substance for sure, both relaxing and in some ways stimulating.

But the people who have problems with it have had SERIOUS issues.

If abused and taken more than the amount I take it can be VERY habit forming and isn't the kind of thing to just say "fuck it I'll keep taking more" with.

You have to set a certain limit for yourself based on the guidelines on the TUB (it says no more than 4,000mgs in a week, so I take no more than twice that in a week) and then stick to those VERY RIGIDLY.

I know that if I exceeded what I take by any significant margin I'd run into trouble, so I never have and because i don't find it to be irresistable for me, I never will...and the fear of knowing what would happen if I did keeps me in check after having read some of threads on here from those who abused it.

Can anyone help me gather the courage to try phenibut? I desperately need something to make me more social but after coming off benzos my GABA receptors are a little whacky and I am afraid to try phenibut because of its crazy long duration. I dont want to be out of it for days and I general dont like synthetic substances only preferring to ingest plants. There are a few synthetics I can tolerate but not many and never as well as plants.

The downside to sticking with plants is that I have not found a plant that will obliterate social anxiety and make me want to talk to people. It seems only synthetic drugs can accomplish that sort of thing, or perhaps alcohol but alcohol doesnt work for me socially. It makes me feel retarded.

Can anyone help me gather the courage to try phenibut? I desperately need something to make me more social but after coming off benzos my GABA receptors are a little whacky and I am afraid to try phenibut because of its crazy long duration. I dont want to be out of it for days and I general dont like synthetic substances only preferring to ingest plants. There are a few synthetics I can tolerate but not many and never as well as plants.

The downside to sticking with plants is that I have not found a plant that will obliterate social anxiety and make me want to talk to people. It seems only synthetic drugs can accomplish that sort of thing, or perhaps alcohol but alcohol doesnt work for me socially. It makes me feel retarded.

Who told you Phenibut lasts for days??

It can SOMETIMES last into the next day depending on when you take your last dose but you will DEFINITELY not feel it for more than a day after you dose.

And you also shouldn't feel "out of it" if you are not dosing EXTREMELY high.

I just feel nice the next day and in a good mood.

It will definitely get rid of most of your social anxiety as it does with mine.

So maybe that stuff will help you feel better about it.

It's really not bad at all if you just stick to not using it more than like 2 days a week and follow some simple guidelines.

The scary stories are from people who decided to take it regularly and if you don't do that you probably won't have bad side effects as I only use it 2 days a week max and never have any serious ones.

I'm really interested in trying phenibut. I've been reading a wide range of various dosages, tho. Would you say that 1g is enough for a first time user to feel pleasant effects without being sleepy?

I'm really interested in trying phenibut. I've been reading a wide range of various dosages, tho. Would you say that 1g is enough for a first time user to feel pleasant effects without being sleepy?

1 gram is a great start. I didn't really "feel it" until I upped to 2 grams, but I was safe to start low. Rather safe than sorry on phenibut because if you get sick, it lasts hours and hours, not fun. You should be fine with 1 gram. If nothing happens in 2 to 4 hours, try 2 grams next time.

1 gram is a great start. I didn't really "feel it" until I upped to 2 grams, but I was safe to start low. Rather safe than sorry on phenibut because if you get sick, it lasts hours and hours, not fun. You should be fine with 1 gram. If nothing happens in 2 to 4 hours, try 2 grams next time.

Thank you! I'm assuming the effects are going to be subtle. If I don't feel much at 1g would it be ok to dose another gram after 3 or 4 hours or is redosing pointless during the same day?

Maybe it's because I take opiates but all this over phenibut? It doesn't seem that potent. I've also read if you take higher doses GABBA A is effected so that might be why there is such discrepancy in feeling of use. I wish there wasn't a 50/50 chance to get a horrible migraine because its a pretty good sleep aid and relaxant.