• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Phenibut Megathread

I took 1.5g phenibut today and brain fog, anxiety, fatigue, depression withdrawal and cravings from other drugs completely gone. No matter how much stims,benzos or kratom I take, none of them make me feel as good / happy like Phenibut does.

Could I be dependant on Phenibut or is it just that good??? I only use once or twice a week. Okay, some times I will push it to 3x. Same dose every time.

Phenibut takes away cravings for all other drugs.It just makes me so happy, motivated, like everything is okay, I love everyone , I wanna talk to everyone , smiling , etc.

I just don't understand why no other drugs can make me feel ok throughout the week but when I take my regular dose of phenibut and everything is OK again..????

Last edited:
Yeah, Phenibut is ANYTHING but "quick acting".

It takes about an hour and a half to two hours for me to feel a dose so it's not the kind of thing you can take in the case of an acute panic attack like Xanax or Klonopin, the latter of the two which I have scripts for which helps with my anxiety, but Klonopin has never gotten me high in any way while Phenibut does.

I am the way with Phenibut that you were with Coke: I can leave it around and usually won't feel like I absolutely can't resist it.

I only use it on the weekends and never during the week.

For me I can take it or leave it and yet really enjoy its effects so its a good medium for me, but yeah, most drug users do have certain drugs that they have problems with more than others and you can never really know whether or not it will be one of those you have problems with, and while it isn't really all that much like alcohol, it's closer to alcohol than non-GABA drugs and I COULD see it as potentially being something an alcoholic might abuse.

If you actually have money to blow you could buy a small amount and try it once or twice and then flush it if you think it's going to be an issue, but if you really liked it maybe you'd then be inclined to purchase more as it's not very expensive and entirely legal and easy to order online.

It's an unusual substance for sure, both relaxing and in some ways stimulating.

But the people who have problems with it have had SERIOUS issues.

If abused and taken more than the amount I take it can be VERY habit forming and isn't the kind of thing to just say "fuck it I'll keep taking more" with.

You have to set a certain limit for yourself based on the guidelines on the TUB (it says no more than 4,000mgs in a week, so I take no more than twice that in a week) and then stick to those VERY RIGIDLY.

I know that if I exceeded what I take by any significant margin I'd run into trouble, so I never have and because i don't find it to be irresistable for me, I never will...and the fear of knowing what would happen if I did keeps me in check after having read some of threads on here from those who abused it.

Lol- I purchased some with some other suppliments like l-theanine and melatonin etc last week. I sent it back this morning as it's not going to do what I had hoped, and I'm not going to risk addiction. If feels as great as everyone describes I would most likely want that feeling daily so now it's a nonissue. I suspect it's not going to be readily available much longer anyway as credit card providers and banks seem to be pulling their services from vendors. The place I ordered it from is based in the USA and I wanted to exchange it for another tub of l-theanine and they not longer accept cards (needed to pay the difference for the l-theanine, and can only take bitcoins. When I investigated it seems that this is a very recent and pervasive issues for vendors. Big pharma must be complaining about revenue loss from competition or they're getting ready to release something similar as in the case of kratom :/

Can anyone help me gather the courage to try phenibut? I desperately need something to make me more social but after coming off benzos my GABA receptors are a little whacky and I am afraid to try phenibut because of its crazy long duration. I dont want to be out of it for days and I general dont like synthetic substances only preferring to ingest plants. There are a few synthetics I can tolerate but not many and never as well as plants.

The downside to sticking with plants is that I have not found a plant that will obliterate social anxiety and make me want to talk to people. It seems only synthetic drugs can accomplish that sort of thing, or perhaps alcohol but alcohol doesnt work for me socially. It makes me feel retarded.

If you need the courage to ingest a substance you should probably and investigate further the aspects that are frightening you. I prefer plants to synthetics but sometimes it's unavoidable. However, I find these beneficial for social anxiety: kratom, ashwaganha, l-theanine, and kava...have you tried any of those? I currently take 500mg ashwaganha powder and 100mg of l-theanine in the morning, and then another 100mg of l-theanine at lunch and also at dinner. Barely any anxiety anymore, it's been great. I've been doing this for two weeks now. I was using kratom but that's not sustainable. I ordered pure ashwaganha powder and l-theanine powder in 100g tubs - you need a scale but buying bulk powder is easier on the wallet. I was taking some suppliments from Whole Foods that only lasted 15 days and were triple what I paid for the powder. Do you research and find a reputable vendor

ETA: This is not plant based but if you're recovering from benzos look up aniracetam. It needs to be taken with choline, but I think it helps repair some of the damage done by excess glutamate when stopping benzos. From the studies I have read, it has a regenerative effect.

Lol- I purchased some with some other suppliments like l-theanine and melatonin etc last week. I sent it back this morning as it's not going to do what I had hoped, and I'm not going to risk addiction. If feels as great as everyone describes I would most likely want that feeling daily so now it's a nonissue. I suspect it's not going to be readily available much longer anyway as credit card providers and banks seem to be pulling their services from vendors. The place I ordered it from is based in the USA and I wanted to exchange it for another tub of l-theanine and they not longer accept cards (needed to pay the difference for the l-theanine, and can only take bitcoins. When I investigated it seems that this is a very recent and pervasive issues for vendors. Big pharma must be complaining about revenue loss from competition or they're getting ready to release something similar as in the case of kratom :/

If you need the courage to ingest a substance you should probably and investigate further the aspects that are frightening you. I prefer plants to synthetics but sometimes it's unavoidable. However, I find these beneficial for social anxiety: kratom, ashwaganha, l-theanine, and kava...have you tried any of those? I currently take 500mg ashwaganha powder and 100mg of l-theanine in the morning, and then another 100mg of l-theanine at lunch and also at dinner. Barely any anxiety anymore, it's been great. I've been doing this for two weeks now. I was using kratom but that's not sustainable. I ordered pure ashwaganha powder and l-theanine powder in 100g tubs - you need a scale but buying bulk powder is easier on the wallet. I was taking some suppliments from Whole Foods that only lasted 15 days and were triple what I paid for the powder. Do you research and find a reputable vendor

ETA: This is not plant based but if you're recovering from benzos look up aniracetam. It needs to be taken with choline, but I think it helps repair some of the damage done by excess glutamate when stopping benzos. From the studies I have read, it has a regenerative effect.

I think that's good u return the phenibut. I tried the supplements, kratom benzos etc and nowhere near magical as phenibut for social anxiety in particular, there's always a chance you will like the feeling so much that u wanna keep using it... I will probably use Phenibut recreationally for the rest of my life because of the altered extroverted fun bubbly state effect it gives. Could be all in my head but I just feel so much more pleasant to everyone. I know that if I had never tried it, I would have never wanted to chase that feeling. Idk if it's a good or bad thing but Phenibut made realize nothing is impossible and that I can be any1 I want? As opposed to the anxious, introverted, semi-ocd/ overly introespective, stress prone, reserved self I have been all my life. It made me realize that sometimes, I can switch that dull mediocre person off and be who I want to be, even if only 1 or 2 times a week.

For general anxiety id say just stick to benzos as they will do the job. But for "social" anxiety, phenibut deffo takes care of that.

Last edited:

That is very odd in terms of whatever vendor you are talking about but I don't think you are correct.

That's happening with Kratom, but the main vendors I know of still offer Phenibut and it doesn't pose the same threat to big Pharma that Kratom does and from my experience most of the vendors which offered Kratom in the past did not sell Phenibut and most vendors which sold/sell Phenibut never sold Kratom.

Phenibut is considered a nootropic and to some extent performance enhancer and is sold alongside congitive aids as well as performance enhancing aids for sports whereas Kratom was never part of that same scene and sold in herb shops.

It's not a painkiller and it is a prescription drug in Russia which gives it credence.

I might also be being a bit hopeful, but I don't think Phenibut is on the way out like Kratom is.

It's still sold alongside tons of other nootropics on multiple sites.

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm assuming the effects are going to be subtle. If I don't feel much at 1g would it be ok to dose another gram after 3 or 4 hours or is redosing pointless during the same day?

I would try 2 grams the next day for a fresh start if you felt nothing from 1 gram.

I would try 2 grams the next day for a fresh start if you felt nothing from 1 gram.

Ok, thanks! I'm ordering some this Friday so should have it early next week. I'll let ya know how it goes. Hopefully, I'll like it and can use it once or twice a week. I'm a Kratom lover and that's coming to an untimely end. I don't really want to go back to pills so maybe this will be something I can chill with from time to time.

Ok, thanks! I'm ordering some this Friday so should have it early next week. I'll let ya know how it goes. Hopefully, I'll like it and can use it once or twice a week. I'm a Kratom lover and that's coming to an untimely end. I don't really want to go back to pills so maybe this will be something I can chill with from time to time.

Ok. Just please have a scale. I always measured with scales and put the powder in 00 capsules. You want to make sure exactly how much you're taking.

Ok. Just please have a scale. I always measured with scales and put the powder in 00 capsules. You want to make sure exactly how much you're taking.

The vendor I've been seeing online sales 300mg capsules. I'm probably gonna purchase those. It says 99.5% pure...if that can be believed. I don't have a scale and figured I better be safe with it already being measured out.

That is very odd in terms of whatever vendor you are talking about but I don't think you are correct.

That's happening with Kratom, but the main vendors I know of still offer Phenibut and it doesn't pose the same threat to big Pharma that Kratom does and from my experience most of the vendors which offered Kratom in the past did not sell Phenibut and most vendors which sold/sell Phenibut never sold Kratom.

Phenibut is considered a nootropic and to some extent performance enhancer and is sold alongside congitive aids as well as performance enhancing aids for sports whereas Kratom was never part of that same scene and sold in herb shops.

It's not a painkiller and it is a prescription drug in Russia which gives it credence.

I might also be being a bit hopeful, but I don't think Phenibut is on the way out like Kratom is.

It's still sold alongside tons of other nootropics on multiple sites.

It's hard to say whether or not these products will go the way of kratom. I sure hope not.

But Moreaux is correct about credit card processors/banks. They are cracking down on the sale of these "grey area" items including not only kratom sites but many nootropics sites as well. They are simply refusing to provide credit card processing to many of these sites suddenly (within the last week or so).

Don't be surprised the next time you want to order at your favorite site... You may be unable to pay directly with a credit card.

I think Moreaux point is: hopefully this is not a sign of worse things to come.

It's hard to say whether or not these products will go the way of kratom. I sure hope not.

But Moreaux is correct about credit card processors/banks. They are cracking down on the sale of these "grey area" items including not only kratom sites but many nootropics sites as well. They are simply refusing to provide credit card processing to many of these sites suddenly (within the last week or so).

Don't be surprised the next time you want to order at your favorite site... You may be unable to pay directly with a credit card.

That was my point indeed :)

I figured I would mention the entire experience as Phenibut is one of the most popular items sold on that site and a few others I purchase from, and the inability to process credit cards was not only that one site but several other vendors, which also happened earlier this month to several kratom vendors. As Phenibut seems like it should be tapered and not cold turkey'ed when using regularly as some members do, I would certainly make certain that I had enough stashed away for an emergency taper in case there are sudden issues with procurement. I say this in the potential interest of harm reduction as I don't know if Phenibut, when taken daily over an extended period of time, causes some of the same issues with the glutamate system that benzodiazapines do when suddenly stopped. I could see it being possible if someone were a daily high dose user, and there is no guarantee emergency room workers would be familiar enough with the withdrawal to provide meaningful support should one have to make a visit while in Phenibut withdrawal. Aside from that, the few stories I have read, particularly the most recent one above, sounds like stopping abruptly is pure hell so a standby taper stash may not be a bad idea ;)

Well the only sites I've ever ordered it from are still allowing credit cards and I'm sure there's plenty more.

For the ones that no longer are, how are you able to pay??

Bitcoins only?

I don't even know how to use bitcoins.

Or can you use money orders??

And WHY would they reject credit cards when these drugs are fully legal??

Well the only sites I've ever ordered it from are still allowing credit cards and I'm sure there's plenty more.

For the ones that no longer are, how are you able to pay??

Bitcoins only?

I don't even know how to use bitcoins.

Or can you use money orders??

And WHY would they reject credit cards when these drugs are fully legal??

I can't speak for all sites, but most would still probably allow payment through things like Bitcoin, Money Orders, bank transfer, etc.

Not all credit card processors have cracked down, and obviously, not all sites have had their credit card processing revoked yet. But it is happening to more and more sites so just be aware.

If you are dependent on something like phenibut it MAY be a good idea, like Moreaux suggested, to make sure you always have enough on hand to do an emergency taper. You never know, phenibut could be suddenly emergency scheduled out of nowhere. I agree that it is unlikely to happen, but considering the dangers of withdrawal, why risk it?

Mycophile: I do not know exactly why the credit card companies are revoking their services to nootropics sites. I can only assume they are being pressured to by somebody or agency. After all, these companies make their money handling credit card transactions for other businesses. So it would not be in their best interest to turn away business like this... Hence, I believe, they must be pressured into doing so.

This is frustrating to nootropics site owners. The ones I have spoken to say they were blind sided by this suddenly. They are trying to find a new credit card processor that won't refuse to work with them, but it appears such credit card processors are far and few between these days.

By the way, Bitcoin is not so difficult to use. It isn't really any more difficult than using PayPal once you get used to it. If interested, search Google for how to use it... You'll be surprised to see it's not really so hard or confusing.

I can't speak for all sites, but most would still probably allow payment through things like Bitcoin, Money Orders, bank transfer, etc.

Not all credit card processors have cracked down, and obviously, not all sites have had their credit card processing revoked yet. But it is happening to more and more sites so just be aware.

If you are dependent on something like phenibut it MAY be a good idea, like Moreaux suggested, to make sure you always have enough on hand to do an emergency taper. You never know, phenibut could be suddenly emergency scheduled out of nowhere. I agree that it is unlikely to happen, but considering the dangers of withdrawal, why risk it?

Mycophile: I do not know exactly why the credit card companies are revoking their services to nootropics sites. I can only assume they are being pressured to by somebody or agency. After all, these companies make their money handling credit card transactions for other businesses. So it would not be in their best interest to turn away business like this... Hence, I believe, they must be pressured into doing so.

This is frustrating to nootropics site owners. The ones I have spoken to say they were blind sided by this suddenly. They are trying to find a new credit card processor that won't refuse to work with them, but it appears such credit card processors are far and few between these days.

By the way, Bitcoin is not so difficult to use. It isn't really any more difficult than using PayPal once you get used to it. If interested, search Google for how to use it... You'll be surprised to see it's not really so hard or confusing.

Because nootropic sites are frequently used by mainstream society, a lot of good write ups and informationals and some excellent resources that have been published this week regarding Bitcoin including trusted vendors/agencies. I did get phenomenal information from the owner of one of the nootropics sites I deal with, and have been considering trying it out.

Keep in mind Bitcoin is not federally backed, so if you store yours at an agency and something happens, you're out of the cash. Similarly, if you store them on your hard drive or on a token/vault and that hardware breaks, goes missing, etc, you are out of the cash so keep that in mind I when purchasing them. This has been the biggest drawback for me as to why I have not been involved with Bitcoin for myself. Many vendors accept Bitcoin, including some local pizza places in my town so it is definately becoming more mainstream.

benefits vastly outweighs risks

started again and have stuck with ~500mg 3x daily (generally 6am, midday, 6pm) which seems to be where I find the best coverage and most consistent effects.

I can say without a doubt that the key for me has been sticking to regular dosage and timing, I believe this is hugely important for anyone using it daily. It has done wonders for my generalized and social anxieties and has facilitated the most stable mood and consistent mindset I've ever had in my life. Clarity of mind, reduced obsessiveness, better interactions with others, better sleep, improved motivation (subtle, not extreme like "honeymoon" period with stimulants). Just all round happier, healthier and more positive about life! I love it and feel truly lucky to have given it a try :)

started again and have stuck with ~500mg 3x daily (generally 6am, midday, 6pm) which seems to be where I find the best coverage and most consistent effects.

I can say without a doubt that the key for me has been sticking to regular dosage and timing, I believe this is hugely important for anyone using it daily. It has done wonders for my generalized and social anxieties and has facilitated the most stable mood and consistent mindset I've ever had in my life. Clarity of mind, reduced obsessiveness, better interactions with others, better sleep, improved motivation (subtle, not extreme like "honeymoon" period with stimulants). Just all round happier, healthier and more positive about life! I love it and feel truly lucky to have given it a try :)

Aren't you going to end up with bigger problems by using it daily??

what i really found interesting is that i feel like phenibut taught me what life is like without anxiety, and how couped up i get myself. its really benefitted me even off phenibut.

Aren't you going to end up with bigger problems by using it daily??
The standard treatment regimen is 750-1500 mg per day for 3 weeks. You may still get some physical withdrawal symptoms, but they should be relatively mild if you kept your dosing regimen at or below 1500 mg per day. But you should have some phenibut on hand to taper with if your withdrawal symptoms seem more than mild.
http://m.imgur.com/Q1qFhZX?r

The standard treatment regimen is 750-1500 mg per day for 3 weeks. You may still get some physical withdrawal symptoms, but they should be relatively mild if you kept your dosing regimen at or below 1500 mg per day. But you should have some phenibut on hand to taper with if your withdrawal symptoms seem more than mild.
http://m.imgur.com/Q1qFhZX?r

Oh, ok! Thanks! I have just read horror stories about it and didn't know dosing daily as long as it is within minimal mg's was possible. Good to know!

I was thinking a while ago about something concerning Phenibut that would be pretty good, IMO. What if you were to take the dose that you've found to make you much more sociable, and then added a low(-ish) dose of any good stimulant? I think that would be a pretty good combination, the Phenibut for easing social anxiety and inhibitions, and the stimulant to make you more inclined to do things, talk, socialize, dance, and have a blast.

Does anyone know from experience if this kind of a combo is worth trying, or basically just the same as alcohol-induced sociability mixed with alcohol-induced socializing, without the other alcohol effects?

On another note: I feel so lovey when I'm on Phenibut, and I feel like people are so much nicer when I'm on it. It just makes me smile :)

I was thinking a while ago about something concerning Phenibut that would be pretty good, IMO. What if you were to take the dose that you've found to make you much more sociable, and then added a low(-ish) dose of any good stimulant? I think that would be a pretty good combination, the Phenibut for easing social anxiety and inhibitions, and the stimulant to make you more inclined to do things, talk, socialize, dance, and have a blast.

Does anyone know from experience if this kind of a combo is worth trying, or basically just the same as alcohol-induced sociability mixed with alcohol-induced socializing, without the other alcohol effects?

On another note: I feel so lovey when I'm on Phenibut, and I feel like people are so much nicer when I'm on it. It just makes me smile :)

Yes and it's a good combo.

I've combined Phenibut with both Prolintane and Dexedrine separately (I would NOT take Prolintane and Dex together, too much stimulation) and both combos were GREAT.

My favorite combos were Phenibut, Kratom and Prolintane and Phenibut, Kratom and Dexedrine.

The stimulant plus relaxant (and opioid in Kratom's case) combo is excellent.

However, I personally feel like Phenibut is also somewhat stimulating and not only sedating/relaxing and many others feel this way as well.