• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc The (LOPERAMIDE) diaries...

Home.
My two days off went entirely too quick...that tends to be a common and unwelcomed trend.
My normal order of tia is coming Tuesday, followed by a double order on Friday (the last and final ever...time to start weaning down and off).
The Lyrica cleared customs after 3 days. I was worried and figured that it was gone. I simply needed to excersize patience. Not sure when it will get here since it is on the opposite side of the country...probably around the same time as my second tianeptine order. I suppose I'll wait until I am getting somewhat low on the tia and then begin experimenting with doses. I was thinking 300 mg a day for 14 days and then, hopefully, being free and clear. It has worked in the past waaaay better than expected with methadone and always manages to completely obliterate ALL my anxiety coupled with WDs...I usually take it from anywhere from just a few days to about 2 weeks. Hence, two weeks will be efficent.
I can't wait, man.
I can't wait.
Never say never, but I never intend to pick up loperamide EVER AGAIN. I'm excited for the future. I'm not excited for another full time work week already. Sigh. If I manage to go to bed in the next 15 minutes then I can cram in just over 5 hours of rest. Took a few naps today since I knew I'd be home late from my GF's...glad I did.
Anyway, keep y'all posted....4 days off lope again.

I got soul, but I'm not a soldier...just throwing that out into the universe. Peacey weacy, brodi oats.

Good plan sko. You should be excited about the Lyrica... And truthfully pregabalin is schedule V so you got wayy lucky it cleared. It will help tremendously.

Ive been without gabapentin (800mg 4x a day) for eight days and my 90 day supply just came in. I am enjoying not even THINKING about opiates while on less than half my usual dose of heroin. Unbelievably fucked up... Just had amazing sex with my girl on the bed and then on the floor and lets just say ive REALLY missed my neurontin LOL.

Im skipping tomorrow and using gabas every other day. The key with Lyrica and Gabapentin is to skip days so you dont catch the habit or the notorious tolerance that builds up so quick. Lyricas effects are more pronounced but im not on it simply because no doctor will provide me with an equal dose to my gabapentin. But i digress...

Anxiety seems like a HUGE trigger in your relapse cycle with the loperamide. The Lyrica may be an enormous piece to the puzzle you have to solve. I advise getting out of your comfort zone and do something new while on the Lyrica. The world will be your oyster. Leave that anti diarreal trash in the past.... Best plan so far sko!

Home.
My two days off went entirely too quick...that tends to be a common and unwelcomed trend.
My normal order of tia is coming Tuesday, followed by a double order on Friday (the last and final ever...time to start weaning down and off).
The Lyrica cleared customs after 3 days. I was worried and figured that it was gone. I simply needed to excersize patience. Not sure when it will get here since it is on the opposite side of the country...probably around the same time as my second tianeptine order. I suppose I'll wait until I am getting somewhat low on the tia and then begin experimenting with doses. I was thinking 300 mg a day for 14 days and then, hopefully, being free and clear. It has worked in the past waaaay better than expected with methadone and always manages to completely obliterate ALL my anxiety coupled with WDs...I usually take it from anywhere from just a few days to about 2 weeks. Hence, two weeks will be efficent.
I can't wait, man.
I can't wait.
Never say never, but I never intend to pick up loperamide EVER AGAIN. I'm excited for the future. I'm not excited for another full time work week already. Sigh. If I manage to go to bed in the next 15 minutes then I can cram in just over 5 hours of rest. Took a few naps today since I knew I'd be home late from my GF's...glad I did.
Anyway, keep y'all posted....4 days off lope again.

I got soul, but I'm not a soldier...just throwing that out into the universe. Peacey weacy, brodi oats.
P.s. lets all be nice to each other. We are all on this site for the same reason.I have been turned down by 6 "opiate dependence"clinics here in NYC, (meth clinics), Everything has changed here very recently, and I have been told by the clinic nazi operators that they are only accepting criminals who are addicted to street drugs, or other illegally obtained opiates. I have been in pain mgmt for 15 years on legal prescription morphine, hydrocodone, etc My dr. Moved away,, didn't refer any of his patients to continue with another dr. And now no clinic or doctor will help me, cause I am JUST using kratom, poppytea, etc. I was told by the clinic director that all meth clinics in the country are now considered as a part of the criminal justice system and they are only mandated/obligated to take people who are committing crimes in regards to their opiate addiction, and who will sign statements listing those crimes, like buying pills, heroin, mugging, robbing, etc These confessions are legal documents with no statute of limitation-at any time, all meth patients who signed these can be arrested and convicted solely based on their clinic application.. I hope this is not happening all overthe country, yet. Socialezed medicine in the usa means they no longer care about the health needs of the Iindividual, only how it impacts society.That is a quote from the administrator.
Lets all be nice to each other. We are all walking the same path.

First of all, Im sorry if I came off as incendiary in the original conveyance of my tone. Let me attempt to be perfectly clear on my opinions about the Lyrica/Neurontin controversy in a timely fashion as the OP has obtained a shipment of pregabalin which is enroute.

Having been prescribed Neurontin long term and now on a very high dose (800mg/4x a day) I feel my observations deserve consideration. And yes, I am aware every individual has different reactions to both the taking and cessation of the same drug. I received my next 90 day prescription, indicated for pain, literally today. I dosed moderately high immediately on arrival, and I feel amazing. I had gone around a week without and didnt really taper before I ran out.

Like any other GABAergic drug anyone would be dependent on, sudden cessation brought with it a mix of relatively horrible withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal from any GABA-B drugs or in this case a drug that increases GABA production is always going to be unpleasant. Some derealization, insomnia, crippling depression, rebound pain, loss of appetite, sensitivity to light, etc.

In rare cases, ABRUPT cessation of extremely high doses can cause withdrawal seizures. I am VERY prone to seizures as Ive had eight from benzodiazepine w/d. Ive never had a seizure cold turkey'ing a 5g/day habit of gabapentin. I've felt like death but I've never seized. I know a lot of people that take this drug. No one I know of has ever seized. It is an extremely rare occurance.

My main issue with your original post was the mention of degradation of "nerve sheaths" (please enlighten me to what those are, btw) and the fact that regular neurontin use leads to multiple sclerosis. There have been loose studies done that indicate neurontin kills new brain synapses... Even those are highly questionable.
-- There is no evidence to support any of your claims of long term neurological damage caused by either pregabalin or gabapentin. Therefore you are spreading misinformation.

There are, however, studies indicating its effacy in pain relief as englandz pointed out just one. You indicated those didnt exist. Misinformation again.

The withdrawal from these chemicals isnt fun as cessation brings along downregulation of gaba in the brain. All the off label issues you discussed seem slightly irrelevant? So what if Phyzer is corrupt? These drugs are extremely effective at treating the symptoms of opiate withdrawal and namely the anxiety thereof. They are relatively safe drugs to take as needed. The issues only arise when a heavy dependency is introduced.

The OP is gambling with returning to daily doses of a highly toxic chemical(loperamide), so I think most would agree the pros highly outweigh the cons. Just keeping it real, I know you're new here and a "micro-biolgist" so Im gonna say this. I like to think in OD we take claims like the ones you made seriously. If you ever want to discuss breakthrough discoveries of the long term neurological devastation caused by a VERY commonly prescribed drug, I highly recommend yo post your evidence. Im still waiting for links to some studies to back up your claims. And please dont take this the wrong way! This is what its all about. Knowledge. Bluelight. Life. If you know something I dont, enlighten me! Have a great rest of your day.

-chase

Good plan sko. You should be excited about the Lyrica... And truthfully pregabalin is schedule V so you got wayy lucky it cleared. It will help tremendously.

Ive been without gabapentin (800mg 4x a day) for eight days and my 90 day supply just came in. I am enjoying not even THINKING about opiates while on less than half my usual dose of heroin. Unbelievably fucked up... Just had amazing sex with my girl on the bed and then on the floor and lets just say ive REALLY missed my neurontin LOL.

Im skipping tomorrow and using gabas every other day. The key with Lyrica and Gabapentin is to skip days so you dont catch the habit or the notorious tolerance that builds up so quick. Lyricas effects are more pronounced but im not on it simply because no doctor will provide me with an equal dose to my gabapentin. But i digress...

Anxiety seems like a HUGE trigger in your relapse cycle with the loperamide. The Lyrica may be an enormous piece to the puzzle you have to solve. I advise getting out of your comfort zone and do something new while on the Lyrica. The world will be your oyster. Leave that anti diarreal trash in the past.... Best plan so far sko!

How do you think I should do this...
It's looking like I'll have a week's supply of tianeptine at the very least when the Lyrica comes (and 2 weeks supply Lyrica---assuming 300 mg daily works well). Should I do every other day, like you, alternating the two and taper the tianeptine at the same time?

First of all, Im sorry if I came off as incendiary in the original conveyance of my tone. Let me attempt to be perfectly clear on my opinions about the Lyrica/Neurontin controversy in a timely fashion as the OP has obtained a shipment of pregabalin which is enroute.

Having been prescribed Neurontin long term and now on a very high dose (800mg/4x a day) I feel my observations deserve consideration. And yes, I am aware every individual has different reactions to both the taking and cessation of the same drug. I received my next 90 day prescription, indicated for pain, literally today. I dosed moderately high immediately on arrival, and I feel amazing. I had gone around a week without and didnt really taper before I ran out.

Like any other GABAergic drug anyone would be dependent on, sudden cessation brought with it a mix of relatively horrible withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal from any GABA-B drugs or in this case a drug that increases GABA production is always going to be unpleasant. Some derealization, insomnia, crippling depression, rebound pain, loss of appetite, sensitivity to light, etc.

In rare cases, ABRUPT cessation of extremely high doses can cause withdrawal seizures. I am VERY prone to seizures as Ive had eight from benzodiazepine w/d. Ive never had a seizure cold turkey'ing a 5g/day habit of gabapentin. I've felt like death but I've never seized. I know a lot of people that take this drug. No one I know of has ever seized. It is an extremely rare occurance.

My main issue with your original post was the mention of degradation of "nerve sheaths" (please enlighten me to what those are, btw) and the fact that regular neurontin use leads to multiple sclerosis. There have been loose studies done that indicate neurontin kills new brain synapses... Even those are highly questionable.
-- There is no evidence to support any of your claims of long term neurological damage caused by either pregabalin or gabapentin. Therefore you are spreading misinformation.

There are, however, studies indicating its effacy in pain relief as englandz pointed out just one. You indicated those didnt exist. Misinformation again.

The withdrawal from these chemicals isnt fun as cessation brings along downregulation of gaba in the brain. All the off label issues you discussed seem slightly irrelevant? So what if Phyzer is corrupt? These drugs are extremely effective at treating the symptoms of opiate withdrawal and namely the anxiety thereof. They are relatively safe drugs to take as needed. The issues only arise when a heavy dependency is introduced.

The OP is gambling with returning to daily doses of a highly toxic chemical(loperamide), so I think most would agree the pros highly outweigh the cons. Just keeping it real, I know you're new here and a "micro-biolgist" so Im gonna say this. I like to think in OD we take claims like the ones you made seriously. If you ever want to discuss breakthrough discoveries of the long term neurological devastation caused by a VERY commonly prescribed drug, I highly recommend yo post your evidence. Im still waiting for links to some studies to back up your claims. And please dont take this the wrong way! This is what its all about. Knowledge. Bluelight. Life. If you know something I dont, enlighten me! Have a great rest of your day.

-chase

Well put, C in P!
Ain't Gabapentin/Pregabalin great???
Off to work, kiddos. God damn, my weekend flew by all to quickly. Here goes no-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------thing

How do you think I should do this...
It's looking like I'll have a week's supply of tianeptine at the very least when the Lyrica comes (and 2 weeks supply Lyrica---assuming 300 mg daily works well). Should I do every other day, like you, alternating the two and taper the tianeptine at the same time?

Start with a 600mg dose when you feel heavy anxiety or the urge to use. Train yourself to pop them as if they were opiates- as they will take your withdrawal away anyway! Wait an hour to an hour and a half, take 300mg more until you feel generally amazing for the fiest time. When you get feeling that good, remember that you wont consistently feel the high unless you space out your dosing schedule.

Purposely dont take them as long as you can until the urge to take Lopes or get high gets overwhelming and then dose up on Lyrica again. Try and put 24hrs between all the doses. The longer in between, the better itll work.

Eat a small high fat meal an hour before you dose. A sandwich with mayo and some hot sauce is ideal. Peanut butter is good too. Drink the Lyrica with a monster energy drink if you wanna feel like you're on a light dose of MDMA.

Good luck man keep us posted
-chase

Not saying you should but you can IV t-pine. You just have to mix it on a point and rub it in and it dissolves after stirring it some. Don't do it though, it messed up my veins pretty bad.

I used loperamide for two years in doses of 50-200mg per day, mostly to deal with heroin withdrawals but sometimes for extended periods. Anyone who does the same or is thinking of using lope may want to take a look at this article:

Loperamide Abuse Associated With Cardiac Dysrhythmia and Death
"ABSTRACT: Loperamide is an over-the-counter antidiarrheal with μ-opioid agonist activity. Central nervous system opioid effects are not observed after therapeutic oral dosing because of poor bioavailability and minimal central nervous system penetration. However, central nervous system opioid effects do occur after supratherapeutic oral doses. Recently, oral loperamide abuse as an opioid substitute has been increasing among patients attempting to self-treat their opioid addiction. Ventricular dysrhythmias and prolongation of the QRS duration and QTc interval have been reported after oral loperamide abuse. We describe 2 fatalities in the setting of significantly elevated loperamide concentrations."

The full article can be viewed here: http://www.annemergmed.com/article/S0196-0644(16)30052-X/abstract

Has your lyrica arrived yet?
Lyrica came yesterday...in boxed Russian blister packs, tianeptine today...more tianeptine Friday.
Will implement the lyrica after my tianeptine runs out. I shouldn't have placed a double order, but I was not sure when the Lyrica would come (or if it would come at all).

I used loperamide for two years in doses of 50-200mg per day, mostly to deal with heroin withdrawals but sometimes for extended periods. Anyone who does the same or is thinking of using lope may want to take a look at this article:

Loperamide Abuse Associated With Cardiac Dysrhythmia and Death
"ABSTRACT: Loperamide is an over-the-counter antidiarrheal with μ-opioid agonist activity. Central nervous system opioid effects are not observed after therapeutic oral dosing because of poor bioavailability and minimal central nervous system penetration. However, central nervous system opioid effects do occur after supratherapeutic oral doses. Recently, oral loperamide abuse as an opioid substitute has been increasing among patients attempting to self-treat their opioid addiction. Ventricular dysrhythmias and prolongation of the QRS duration and QTc interval have been reported after oral loperamide abuse. We describe 2 fatalities in the setting of significantly elevated loperamide concentrations."

The full article can be viewed here: http://www.annemergmed.com/article/S0196-0644(16)30052-X/abstract

Thanks for sharing. I'll check it out later.
I need to write a full update. I've been so exhausted lately with work....ugh.`

I've been checking this thread for updates as well. The reports Project Will cited were downright frightening. The link to the reports are a few posts above.
Hope all is well with OP and the others struggling with lope.

I've been checking this thread for updates as well. The reports Project Will cited were downright frightening. The link to the reports are a few posts above.
Hope all is well with OP and the others struggling with lope.

i can attest, ive been posted - i had a fainting spell about 5 weeks ago and broke my foot, haven't touched loperamide since, had to go to the e.r - i'm sure you've read Mad Margerats loperamide post.

I'm alive and still lope free...at my girl's since it's my day off. I woke up in WD and scraped together the last of my tianeptine while she slept like a half hour ago. As I went to fold up the piece of toilet paper that I put my dose in to parachute one of the corners got stuck to my finger and, to my utter dismay, I ended up flinging most of the powder all over the floor. Ugh, I have a shipment coming in about 8 hours from now (the last before I switch to Lyrica)...but it's going to be a hell of a wait. What are the odds that the last little bit of tianeptine I held off on taking for 12 HOURS would get tossed everywhere?? I still managed to scrape together a tiny amount and It is helping at moment.

To be honest I have just felt really off lately. Work is expending all my energy and I still haven't felt a full balance since my regular consistent lope use ceased over a month ago. I did take 10 lopes I discovered in my backpack on Monday, so it has only officially been 4 days again now. Early evening I have the tianeptine coming which should last about a week...I'm going to decrease dosages slowly and start off low on the Lyrica sometime in the next few days. I've been working full time now and not getting enough sleep and when I do pass out it isn't restful. This whole endeavor seems to have carried out far too long...
I'm still livid that I managed to lose the majority of my tianeptine a bit ago...I just sat there in shock and WD for a few moments thinking, "REALLY??!" For now I do feel relief and I can soldier on another 8 hours until I am back home and in possession of my shipment.

To be honest I have just felt really off lately. Work is expending all my energy and I still haven't felt a full balance since my regular consistent lope use ceased over a month ago. I did take 10 lopes I discovered in my backpack on Monday, so it has only officially been 4 days again now. Early evening I have the tianeptine coming which should last about a week...I'm going to decrease dosages slowly and start off low on the Lyrica sometime in the next few days. I've been working full time now and not getting enough sleep and when I do pass out it isn't restful. This whole endeavor seems to have carried out far too long...
I'm still livid that I managed to lose the majority of my tianeptine a bit ago...I just sat there in shock and WD for a few moments thinking, "REALLY??!" For now I do feel relief and I can soldier on another 8 hours until I am back home and in possession of my shipment.

I can;t take tianeptine anymore - feels toxic