• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc The (LOPERAMIDE) diaries...

the heightened state mentally you're in, with having to redose - i'm sure is partial due to the loperamide withdrawals, i've said it a thousand times, even with morphine i still felt the lope withdrawals, i'm on day 16 no lope and today was the first normal day i had. . . i mean it. . . even with Oxy's ( i broke my foot if you recall from a loperamide fainting spell 4 weeks ago ) did not take the edge off.

the effect loperamide has on the opiate receptors as well as calcium channels, i think there's more to it than that, but the lack of research i suppose. . .

you're almost in the clear zone for loperamide withdrawals...

Can't believe it has been 4 weeks...I think you started chiming in here around day 12. Time flies.
I woke up in decently full WD come 3:00 am. Been laying awake since then. My alarm went off nearly an hour ago at 4:30 (it's now 5:25). Usually I'm up and out of bed by now, but I feel like pushing it until the last minute today.
Well, I better get up and start my day. My body is just chilled to the core. I mean, I live in CALIFORNIA and I'm still freezing with two huge blankets over me. Mindset is totally off, energy zapped. My first thought when I woke up was "Fuck."
A two mile trek to work seems like horrible way to start things off. Well, here goes...

Zero energy today. Don't even care. Two hours to go. Two miles to home. Then I have to do a bunch of shit there. Ugh. I am dead today. Sloth.

Must be the sleep deprivation and minimal comfort meds. I'm calm, but dead.

Dude, I feel you. I'm trying to get into a rehab right now. I just realized how far off the deep end I've gone. I've been smoking crack and doing an opiate any chance I can get. I'm out of control and I give up.

^^^^Roxi, that is great! Sometimes we get to that point where we know we need professional help. I commend you for taking this brave step and I wish you the best. Rehab undoubtedly saved my life when I went at the beginning of 2014.

Great movie-the script is so fucking well written, one of the most convincing junky movies in terms of dialogue. The part where they're in that shooting gallery and the guys telling Leo about his dream with the candle under the huge spoon of smack-that was some real shit.

Requiem for a dream THE BOOK by Hubert Selby Jr. Is also fucking great, as is Zoo Station (theres a movie too which is real good). Hubert Selby Jr is a fantastic writer in general though. Sorry to get off topic.

Basketball diarys is the true story of Jim Carroll , who has a cameo in the film playing the guy telling Leo about his dream in the shooting gallery. He' is/was a poet , singer song writer.

Anyway good luck with everything , I'm in the middle of tapering heroin low enough to switch to lope or some other shit.
Threads like these really do help. Best of luck to you stick with it.

It's 5am. I had one the worst nights in recent memory. Went to bed at 8...up at 10 and been up ever since just rolling back and forth and flipping those pillows to the cool side. My pants are all twisted up, all my sheets peeled off layer by layer, I'm freezing cold, I'm severely sleep deprived. I do not want to work, I feel like death.

Mental fog and lack of energy like none other. Can't even keep up today. I went to work. I'm forcing myself through this.

Sorry for the let down, guys. I procured 50 lopes...1/4 of the usual dose. Using 'em til the tianeptine comes. Also, for the first time in 4 months, got some alcohol...which is what lead to the lopes.

Hey man, progress not perfection! (words I've decided to live by lol). I just got some tianeptine today too, though I must admit it wasn't for the sake of trying to get off opiates, I just wanted to see what the hype was about. It was alright, I feel like if I shot it, it would be pretty cool (though pretty shitty for my veins). I honestly feel like kratom is way better for maintenance or tapering, the tianeptine sodium form at least is extremely short acting. I plugged maybe a total of 150mg today, felt kind of cool, but decided to put it away for a rainy day (we'll see how that goes, IME there are a lot of 'rainy days'). I also had some weird visual disturbances, like little white dots in my field of vision. That being said, I can't complain much when I once again decided to become a human guinea pig, dosing a drug at 3-5x the recommended dosage for therapeutic effect. I will say though, it's not a 'weak' opiate, unless being on kratom has lowered my tolerance severely.

You live in a halfway house right? This is, I'm assuming why you don't try a Buprenorphine or Methadone taper? I have to admit your love of 'lope makes me wanna go grab a 400 count bottle and see what kind of suffering I can put myself through, but alas, I'm too lazy to even choose a move to watch alone in the dark by myself.

Careful--lyrica is VERY ADDICTIVE, within a few days. Read reports about brain seizures and suicidal thoughts and actions, and read the horrible stories from those who try to quit lyrica. Neurontin is also garbage that should be avoided. They both corrode the nerve sheaths, and lead to multiple sclerosis-type conditions. If you feel numbed from these chemicals, that is from nerve damage.

Careful--lyrica is VERY ADDICTIVE, within a few days. Read reports about brain seizures and suicidal thoughts and actions, and read the horrible stories from those who try to quit lyrica. Neurontin is also garbage that should be avoided. They both corrode the nerve sheaths, and lead to multiple sclerosis-type conditions. If you feel numbed from these chemicals, that is from nerve damage.

Where is your evidence supporting this nonsense

Sorry for the let down, guys. I procured 50 lopes...1/4 of the usual dose. Using 'em til the tianeptine comes. Also, for the first time in 4 months, got some alcohol...which is what lead to the lopes.

not let down, just deeply saddened :( the loperamide is no doubt the cause for the increased intensity of your daily withdrawals, beyond tianeptine . . . =( did you also drink? the way you wrote that it seemed like you either did drink, or you god alcohol then opted for Loperamide.

Gotta get off the Loperamide, i'm almost to twenty days of no lope, so close, few days to go - and I just felt normal the other day as i told you. . .

you were at day 6.5 i think! you were almost there =(

i think you got to learn what to do when your safety net drug isn't there, for example - say the Tianeptine doesn't come tomorrow, the shipment gets lost or some bullshit - then you'd do lope? it's better to just withdrawal and suffer - trust me! easier said than done i hear ya. . . but nothings worse than Loperamide. but again easier said than done. . .

How long are you to stay at this half way house?

Wanted to chime in I commented back on like the first page....I took 200-400mg a day of lope for a year and it almost killed me. Started bupe beginning of March. All my blue hands, weakness, dizziness, all of it is gone and I feel 10,000x better. Get off this shit before it kills you and it will! Just want you to know I'm here rooting for you!