• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Coming off 1 year .5 insuffulated Herion addicted. Using subs (HELP PLEASE)

I do not have experience in dosing small amount of Sub. I did read somewhere that even the one mixed with Naloxone could be snorted without ill effect but I found that doubtful.

Maybe someone else could confirm that.

As for the exercise, if you want to start now, don't push yourself too hard. Light and easy jogging for like 10 minutes (depending on your level of fitness) might be helpful but try not to exhaust yourself too much.

Withdrawal is taxing and you do not want to feel already drained before starting. Also, muscle ache was hard for me so depending on the level of exercise you have in mind, I would be careful not to do anything than can leave you soar.

Depending on how crappy you feel when the withdrawal starts, I personally would consider walking for a few minutes to as much as you can but nothing too demanding and again avoid the feeling of exhaustion (unless you feel it might help you sleep, in my case it did not).

Again best of luck !!

Yes obviously don't overdo it on the exercise. Just enough to break a sweat and feel good about yourself.

I forgot you already mentioning that they're zubsolvs...that menthol seems iffy for the sniffy. Just cut it up as small as possible.

Not sure if this has been added, but taking days off of the sub is recommended toward the end of your taper in the 2mg or less phase. With your short taper , add in 2 or 3 off days if the w/d is manageable. Your system will have some sub build-up and you may not notice any discomfort. It really is a logical part of a taper on long half-life meds like sub. In addition, it can give you a psychological boost knowing you just went a day without using an opioid. I don't know why more rehabs don't use this very wise technique as it is all part of dosing down to zero.

Most people feel their worst around day 3 after a rapid sub detox. By taking days off, your day 3 won't be as bad compared to others who do not take off days. For the next few weeks or months after, just be OK with not feeling great. PAWs has been the bane of many recovery attempts. Sleep will eventually get back to normal and other things will improve as well. You'll be able to celebrate those little victories, just don't celebrate with a relapse, buy yourself a nice dinner or something. It is good that you cut your supply line....excellent move there. Many dealers usually take the hint seriously, because of the dreaded extremists who might actually try to get them busted if the user can't quit. Demand is high and he doesn't need the stress of worrying about one guy who's trying to get clean.

Also, FWIW, when you are feeling a little ratty in those days after your final sub dose, remember that it was the sub that let you come down easier. Some folks think they are withdrawaling off the sub, and while that is partially technically true..... it's really the months or years you spent on the H. Be grateful for the sub as it is an awesome short term transition. It was initially supposed to be a 21 day type of med, not the years long maintenance that it grew to become. Having said that, I know there are those long termers that would have continued the unstable lifestyle of a street drug user. So it is the better alternative in that regard, but you sound like a guy that can do it right. Being tethered to sub for a lifetime has many bummers. The constant doctor visits and the always possible issue of getting hurt or surgery where you may actually require a full agonist pain killer. I hope those people start wearing 'Attention SUB Maintenance' jewelry in the event of a hospital situation where they might not be able to tell the staff. Imagine an impromptu surgery situation .... numerous issues.

Last edited:
Update Day 5: Like I said I'm in this for the long haul, and will update you at LEAST 1 time per day. I got "Okay" sleep last night about 5 hours or so. Woke up today at 9:00am and only took 1mg this time. So its been 12-6-4-2-1 on my sup(Subsolv) dosage drop. 4 days on suboxone and 5 days since my last Herion use. I'm going to hold out on this 1mg today as long as I can. I'm going to continue to exercise no matter how shitty I feel. I'm having very sore muscles and small bouts of hot and cold flashes but thats it. I can deal with physical pain, I've worked out my whole life... It's the Anxiety and insomnia that's the worst. I can't believe I"m down t 1mg in 5 days since day 1 of 12mg. I know the half life is lingering, and I'm probably still feeling day 2 or 3 of the 6 and 4.. but some peoplle notice the drop RIGHT away even after 24 hrs, I have not that much.. unless my mind is playing a strong role in control. Thank you all for continuing through this, all the support is motivating, so keep it coming, and I will NOT Let you guys down. I hope you all have a blessed day. I also will start supplemtnation today or tomororw... L-tryrosine, b-6, Multi, Velvian root at night for RLS... and 5htp... melatonin. THank you all, any reccomendations and updates would be AWESOME! It feels good to not wake up everyday trying to score H.. and being a F#&%( SLAVE to it.. We are more powerful then it.. We have to wake up and realize that. I want to help others get clean once I do this. Again, have a wonderful day. WE GOT THIS!

I've done the suboxone detox many times and your taper down dose of subs look great but man you need to commit and stop buyn the dope,if not it's a waste. If you taper yourself down and are sober once you use dope again it will rev up the cycle. Also maybe I'm different but with smack I didn't have to wait 24 hrs to use subs(the half life is so short of h) 12 was my safe zone.Now methadone was another story,when I went for sub detox I was 36 hours clean and the subs put me in horrible withdrawl. I don't know maybe I metabolize h faster,who knows. One more thing man fuck us don't let yourself down.

I like that you said "we are more powerful than it". IMO, that beats the 12steppers telling us constantly that we are powerless walking time bombs. No offense to the 12 step, but neuroscientists are beginning to say that the whole disease / powerless model is dangerously wrong and the plasticity of the brain is even greater than previously thought. The disease model supports a multi-billion dollar rehab system based on 12 step, adding to already ridiculous insurance premiums. Admittedly, I've been to a few rehabs but my insurance would only afford me access to the 12 step variety. It seemed like over half the patients there were working on their 7th+ 12step rehab.

Take that for however you view it, but we need more options. The newer model may be standard in another ten years if we are lucky. Just Google "addiction not disease", you will find the same neuroscientists that rode the disease model for so long are changing their views. I still recognize that 12 step programs have helped many, but we could do better. Just MO. All of the 12 step rehabs preach the disease model, if you were wondering why I made that connection. In those facilities you are guaranteed to see a high production film telling us we have a disease that's never really cured. All of the movies I ever watched trying to prove out the disease model were financed by the larger owners of mega rehab systems.

Last edited:
I will read up on that! DO you believe this withdraw and tapering is going soo well because I'm lucky? or.. is it due to the day 1,2 wehre I was on higer dosages?..and its still lingering? I just can't believe I'm on only 1mg now after 12 on day 1. 5 days later. Input would be awesome. Thanks everyone again. You're right, I'm doing this for myself!

I would do a suboxone detox starting at 12 then cut each following dose by 25% so 9,6,3,1.5 so you are bout right on.It gets you over that physical hurdle but you might have some insominia (once u finish subs)until your temporal clock(brains wake sleep cycle) reverts back to normal.Many people will tell you to take benzos and other shit to help with this but this will just be a temporary fix unless you rely on sleep aids the rest of your life. I'd talk to physican and have them prescribe a something and help your cycle get back to normal. You can just grit it out which I recommend but you always have that other option.

I think you said you were trailing about a one+ year habit. That should go in your favor and could be part of the reason it's going well. So many of us were 5+ years, 10+ years, and your relatively shorter
history didn't allow the claws to sink in as deep. The rerouting of Neuro pathways won't be so difficult to untangle. Bubeprenorphine is an unusual opioid, some people's brains reject it in some ways. For you, it sounds like the right med, at the right time , plus it's not your 50th sub taper like many may have gone through. I found it to be very easy on the system in my earlier tries. So that could be in your favor. A lot of people do feel pretty good in the day and dose you are at right now. Just don't get too excited because you will still be going to zero, and be feeling it mentally and physically. The listless nature of it was one of the things that drove me mad. Opiates even changed my relatively cool relationship with alcohol as I began to drink heavily to deal with what seemed liked endless PAWS.

But overall your attitude is right, and that's priceless. I would try to dig into a routine and do things you enjoy. That will give you inertia to continue when things get a little 'blah', if you are already in motion when the malaise hits you will likely stay in motion and notice it less. What I mean by 'in motion' is doing positive things in a healthy routine. Even keeping your hygiene up while you are feeling decent will make it easier to keep up when you start to feel a bit flat.

I also should add, you didn't come to love the needle. Ding, another one in your favor.
You will probably have it easier than many oxymorphone (opana) users. Not much H out there is stronger than that insulflated. So, not being a panda/moon snorter, score another one for your side. I think your going to make it my friend. Please make it the final round.

A wise person once told me that you will find a little more hell in each subsequent withdrawal that you go through. It's so true, heed those words. Each and every withdrawal gets nastier than the last. That's why many don't make it. And likely even why successful people like Cobain and Staley end up offing themselves. It just gets so damn brutal. Some of the mental things that you see and go through just become unreal.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys, especiallly taking the time in detail. I was a snorter... yes... So idk if I'll still crave that action, maybe if the temtatiosn arise I can crush up a ibuprofen or something and snort that to subside withdraw... What do you guys think tho about my 1mg today, you think tomororw I should jump again to .5? or stay at 1mg for another day to see if the higher dosages are still binding and preventing? Again thanks soo much. I will always continue to respond and keep everyone updated. IT's MUCH APPRECIATED.

As noted in my one post, this could be a perfect day to try an off day as part of the taper. Worst case would be just take some when you need it. You would still be on schedule. This could be a gauge as to staying steady for a day or two more or dropping again tomorrow. Win, win. It's not a race, but I can appreciate the desire for a fast taper. You're doing an aggressive taper. That's good for strong folk, and you might be strong folk.

I'd keep cutting my dose until I'm done. You won't stay addicted if you spend 2 days at one dose but it makes it easier on day 3 to say I'll stay at 1mg,then day 4 and so on. I haven't taken illicit opiates in years but I'm on pain management and daily take 40-60 mg oxy,I speak from experience but again it's just my experience maybe yours is different. Also don't keep extra subs around once you're done flush what you have left or seeing how this detox(so far) wasn't to bad it's easy to use them for a crutch to binge down the road. the 12 steppers call that a reservation and that I'd totally agree.

Last edited:
BTW, don't snort an ibuprofen. Totally nasty, and you have no idea what the binders are. Might actually give you a headache you don't need while you are detoxifying. My guess is that you were half joking, but I understand the straw action, sad to admit.

If you have a doctor my tip on sleep aid would be lunesta. It recently went generic and it's cheap now. If you never had benzo issues, you won't abuse this. It's not a benzo, but similar chemical structure. Easy on the system, not foggy, and very low habit forming. One script will do the job. Paid 75$ in the past, now down to 5 bucks. Better than shots of booze, zero sleep hangover. One of the few great, low side effect meds out there. Everyone's mileage differs tho.

Update day 6: Slept about the same.. not good not bad..Took .5mg at 9:00am. So again my Taper has been 12-6-4-2-1-.5. SO today is day 6 on Suboxone day 7 off Herion... I'm feeling okay so far throughout this process and to most... Extremely fast taper. One major update form tapaering I've noticed is musle soreness... the kind that id feel after a really hard workout after not going for awhile. Calves especially. I started supplments yesterday L-Tryrosine, B-6, L-Dopa, Vitamin c, And RLS support at night. I hoping viscious withdrawas just dont start all of a sudden.. I hope what I'm experiencing now will be the worst of it? What does everyone thing. Hope everyone has a blessed day. I also have the Kava kava Tea, and Tramadol on standby if need me. I have no temptation to use tho.

I'm sorry man i totally wish the best for you, i had a 45 binge addiction recently just kicked it without like any subs, but some days i did like .5 or more in one line. Shit gets so cut tho you just need more and more. :( eventually i blew through over 1k+ of excess college loan money, when i got low, i had to just buy like 20s (.1) a day, or 2 20s a day (a little more) this one time a dude hooked me up with near one G for only 100, i was so happy it actually got me hella lines, a big chunk like 20+ lines, somehow. anyways when i ran out of money i started selling ALL of my shit, luckily i didn't turn junkie status and do fuck shit like rob, steal or kill etc for my fix. i quit when i had nothing left. I wish the best for you, the subs should help you dramatically! good luck man

If you are 7 days into detox you are passed the severe physical wds ,they tend to peak around day 3. Now I'm not saying you will feel like a million bucks but nothing you can't handle. I remember I was into one of my countless cold turkey sessions and I would be into the 2nd or 3rd day and I'd honestly entertained the thought of getting behind of the wheel of a car and smashing into something so I could get pain meds at the hospital(sick in the head). It isn't all mental but I promise once you let go of expecting to feel like shit it will become easier.Drug addicts have a form of ocd when in wd and we obsess about being sick, that's not good .Do what everyone else has been saying and keep busy,you are on your way buddy! Maybe it's just state I live in but the detox center(we have one in the state of de) puts all opiate users on a 7 day detox no matter how long they've used.Though I have seen some instances where they'd put some people on extra 3 days but never more then that.

Last edited:
Still on Day 6 of suboxone and only taking .5mg today... Its 3:00pm and I'm starting to notice more gastro issues, and being cold.. I dont want to cave in and take more. Should I take maybe a smallest grain of salts worth or ride it out till tomororow morning?

the best thing you can do is wait it out. it's gonna hurt whatever you do. expect some discomfort. youve got to pay the piper! stick at it!

I'm not a doctor so I'd feel hypocritical giving you direct advice but even when you use othr medications to do a detox it's rare to be unscathed. You will usually feel minimal wds once the meds are gone.In my experience they've gotten me over the hump but I still had to deal with issues. For me the bubble guts(as I like to call them) and insomnia could hang around for a month after medicated detox but they were bearable.