• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How did you get off your butt today V.3

lead an 8.5 miles trail run with my running group
it was supposed to 7 miles but I forgot where we started and kept going

I didn't, and I feel like shit now and won't be able to sleep well. I'll try harder to do something physical tomorrow..

^have fun.

i joined a gym with a fancy saline lap pool yesterday. biggest lap pool downtown. it's the ywca, so i'm eliminating racism and empowering women. stopped by the sporting goods store and bought myself a cap and goggles. watched all kinds of youtube videos about proper stroke and breathing before bed. decided i'd go with bilateral breathing, to develop great technique right from the start. woke up and hit the pool before work this morning.

i was drowning. switched to backstroke after only 4 laps. called it after only 23 minutes. had a horrible headache and threw up in the locker room shower. refreshing. if my knee doesn't get better, i am going to curl up and die.

not giving up on swimming though. just not as excited about it as yesterday. i'm gonna use the elliptical before hand from now on so that i'm not dependent on the swim for a workout. and find out if the gym offers some sort of beginner class for lap swimming. maybe start a swimming nerds thread. i cannot breath with my head underwater.

edit:
oh, and due to a poorly packed workout bag, i'm commando at work today.

Last edited:
Finally got back to the gym after a 3 week hiatus. Bench, squats and a few other things.

nice job getting back into it, nuttynutskin and Septonn.

i went to the ywca this morning before work. i've been doing the elliptical instead of swimming, for oxygen's sake. on wednesday i just adjusted the resistance on my own to create a workout, but today i did the cross country pre-programmed workout. was much more intense and rewarding. there were moments i was dying, almost but not quite like running.

It's so flipping hot out. Gona do 30k on my road bike at 5 when it's a bit cooler

Got a gym membership a couple weeks ago and have been going 5 days a week! (I won't say which gym, as it's a total fat person gym lol). On weekends I stay home and do strength training. If I can't get to the gym during the week I hula hoop in my livingroom. Will be going tonight to get my daily endorphin dose.

Exercise is my new drug of choice! Along with the old standbys, of course ;)

Spin class with 5 cycles of coppenhagen and warm yin right after. Extremely hungry nao!