• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Heroin - Exp - A chippers diary: my journey in moderation of Heroin use (HR USED)

well hello! My chipping didn't work so I have decided to quit. Alas it is not that easy., However this is what I have done. I am stepping down from heroin to Percocet. Not because of physical withdrawal (I went 5 days without dope before popping some perc) but because my theory is that if I step down to a weaker opiate, use it moderately (1-2x a week at a moderate dose ie 30-50mgs) and then step it down each week after that by 10 mgs perhaps the MENTAL cravings will become less and less. My theory is that being under the influence of a weaker opiate, will gradually acclimate my brain to be less hungry for the drug. I will then hop on suboxone for a bit to help with mental cravings. I feel that if I can just get the fucking opiates out of my body for 60-90 days the mental cravings will subside. So yes, my plan at chipping did not work. The last day I used I smoked an 8 ball over 16 hours.

ehh I have one and a half 50mcg fentanyl patches too...I broke off a tiny strip and chewed it up earlier today- was expecting more but w/e and yes I know how strong fent is.

kick the opies man. you are running into problems already. don't justify using any of them because they are no good

Yikes man I don't want to sound bad but what happened?? I was reading about extended breaks now your chewing pieces of fent patches and planning future destruction. I know it's easier said than done but lay off the opiates it's a horrible road to go down.

I was able to successfully maintain a scheduled recreational opiate plan with my favorite, hydrocodone. The problem was that when it wasn't a dosing day, my thoughts would revolve around 'the schedule', I became OCD about it. I couldn't even wake up in the morning without thinking about when I could dose next. Eventually I became sick of my looping, obsessive thoughts and gave up opiates just to be free from the the never ending thought cycles.

FYI - I changed the thread title slightly to conform to guidelines.

I tried this several times. In the end I would just flush away my supply because I wasn't sticking to my guidelines and could see where things were headed. Wait a few months, rinse and repeat. Never developed into a problem but I definitely felt like I was playing with fire, more so than with any other drug. Oddly though I never thought that highly of the effects, it was more apathetic than blissful. Never again.

I found the same to be true of the effects of heroin, highly apathetic in a dark, empty sort of way, pleasant but not blissful at all. I much preferred poppy tea during my opiate days.