Screw a slow 6 month taper off Methadone, I'm jumping at 40mg.

Get2Think

Bluelighter
Ive been on done/morphine for like 3-4 months but I moved to a new area and started back at 40mg went up to 60mg then decided I wanted off for a few reasons:

1) getting on done was a mistake, I have had up to 6 months working AA program and I was the happiest I've ever been, I had freedom.

2) I hate being a slave, I use to be on SUBOXONE and it's the same shit. I cannot ever stay on it longer than 6 months before I basically say screw this I'm gonna have to suffer someday, might as well be now. And I succeeded.

4) I spend an hour everyday driving to the clinic and it's getting really old. Also I look at the ppl at the clinic and they look like shit,
pale, skinny, pregnant, wearing pajamas at 11am on a Monday. I'm not seeing anyone with a suit and tie come into the clinic it's a
bunch of sad desperate types at least that's how they look. And yes iam being judgemental.

3) I have successfully WD from almost every opiate except tramadol, fentanyl, and of course methadone.

4) I go to AA/NA meetings daily and I feel like I am at a crossroads, I've been using opiates 6-7 years and although I'm not homeless, I'm 29 unemployed, currently living at home and just overall unhappy because I know I'm not living my life the way I should so I'm never really happy.

5) on top of the done I've been using klonnopin and most recently methamphetamine.

Okay...if your still reading, thank you. I don't mean to sound cocky, it's just that I've been through this hell before and honestly it's the opiates with short half life's that scare me more than a long drawn out mild case of feeling shitty.

My clinic recently got me down to 40mg from 60, and I skipped a dose on Friday, and skipped a dose yesterday because even when i doses I felt miserable. My Doctor wants me to slowly taper OVER SIX FUCKING MONTHS. And me being stubborn and also arrogant am thinking to myself, up yours Doc, I'll be off the handcuffs in 1-3 weeks and then it's mostly mental. At least that's what I see.

I have 12 klonnopins left from my script and I'm sure lots in my bloodstream because I've taken like 90 .5 kpins since 11/20/14.

I'm 48 hours into this and have felt WDs since yesterday. But I don't work and can stay in bed in hell for a week.

I have considered jumping to suboxone in another day or 2 but then don't I have to taper off that shit? I'm an impatience person. And past experience has taught me that prolonging WDs is much worse than heading them straight on.

I've heard ppl say jumping cold turkey at 40mg is hardcore but don't ppl in jail detox off of doses 100mg+. My methadone doctor said if I jump at 60mg I would for sure relapse.
But I only have 1 heroin connect in this new town and the prices are a fucking joke like
I said I just want this monkey off my back.

The clinic opens in 30 min. I'm feeling confident but I do realize iam probley making this more difficult than it has to be by being impatient.

It's just that I have 48 hours, why dose again and prolong this crap. If I make it through today then that's another day.

All opinions welcomed and if my thinking is insane please call me out on it. I just believe God, hot showers, juice, masterbation, klonnopin and meetings could make this a success. Not to mention a fierce and almost rageful determination to not get sucked into relying on the clinic to live.

Like I said guys I'm at a crossroads. Do I wanna keep rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic give up and just say fuck it I need maintenance to live. Maintenance plus benzos and methamphetamine on top because of im using 1 drug I end up using more somehow it just happens.

Lay it on me darksiders, I need advice. And also thank you to anyone who took the time to read about my struggle, thank u thank u thank u.

-Get2WD

Got my hands on some tramadol and SUBOXONE so I don't see this being as hard as I initially thought and damn it's gonna feel good to feel free.

Dont take the suboxone if you are ready to be done with MD. Trust me, it will only postpone the inevitable.
I think you can do it. Stopping now is going to be way easier than if you go another 3 months.
If you kicked subs you have an idea of what to expect. You know you're in the "big leagues".
Expect some big league wds. Just being real.
Intense wds lasted about two weeks for me followed by another month of feeling like shit.
RLS and lack of sleep will drive you insane.
Last month and a half has been lot better.
Im betting your low dose and short duration on MD will shorten things for you tremendously.
I jumped at 75 mgs little over 3 months ago.
Lot harder than I expected it to be wont lie.
But doable. Wds will come in waves. The peaks can be tough, savor when you feel good.
Eating healthy as possible will help you feel better.
The key is to take it day by day.(I know that is a cliche but its especially true with MD)
You just have to out last the wds.
Freedom is so much sweeter after you've been a slave.
Good luck

I like the dark humor, get2WD.;) I think it is courageous and while I cannot give you advice like others with experience can, I encourage you to make sure you can handle it without relapse. It sounds to me like you know what you are in for and are as psychologically prepared as you can get. keep posting and let us know how it is going.You know we like to be AA?NA back-up around here--you can never have too much support in the form of accountability!<3

Just make sure to clear the next 6 - 8 weeks off your calendar cause it's gonna suck.

I took 500mg tramadol and felt ultimate WD relief and even some euphoria for like 5 hours. I'm confused because I keep waiting for the methadone withdrawals to get intense but they are quite mild, maybe it's the klonnopin helping.

I don't know if I believe you guys who say I'm gonna be dope sick for a month or longer I mean no offense but i bet in 1 week I'll be jogging, active, and at least at 85%. Even if you guys are right, methadone WD may last a long time but all I'm having is chills, hot flashes, bouts of crying and depression, lethargy, and some very mild RLS.

I took my last dose of 40mg Saturday morning so I dunno maybe the real intense wd's have yet to come. That's kind of what I'm waiting for before I start taking sub.

To the person who said sub would prolong the misery that makes sense to me also but it's pretty common for ppl to jump off MD onto sub and then taper off the sub. Mind you, I only have one 8mg scrip.

I wasted 4'hours at the urgent care unit and all I asked for was a little clonidine, some benzos, and maybe sleep meds. Guess what I left with? Jack shit. The nurse practitioner knew nothing about opiate withdrawal and didn't trust me with any meds so I got really pissed and filed a couple complaints and called her out on
It. It's not right, I wasn't in there asking for OxyContin or A ton of benzos just like a
short supply to help me out. As soon as I'm honest and admit addiction I don't get shit. I'm still angry about it, but I have kpin, tramadol, and sub but I'm running out of kpins.

I'm lucky, I usually don't have anything but immodium ad and booze while kicking heroin and that was fucking hell compared to this. Anyways thanks for the encouragement guys.

If my math is correct im at 58 hours without any methadone.

I don't know if I believe you guys who say I'm gonna be dope sick for a month or longer I mean no offense but i bet in 1 week I'll be jogging, active, and at least at 85%. Even if you guys are right, methadone WD may last a long time but all I'm having is chills, hot flashes, bouts of crying and depression, lethargy, and some very mild RLS.

If you're an active type person, you might be. I don't know about 85%, maybe %50.. but yeah. Methadone WD is not as bad as heroin or oxycodone WD, it just hangs around for ever.
If you feel you have to mix in bupe, wait atleast a week, and no more than 1mg at a time. Keep to a minimum, tho.

Shit too late I've already had 2-3 mg of sub under my tongue. Guys I slept soundly for 7 hours last night and woke up this morning with pretty much zero WD symptoms. Still though I took the last 500mg of my Tramadol, 1mg Klonnopin, and 2mg Suboxone.

I think it's sort of overkill to take the sub and I think im gonna pay for it. The Klonnopin and tramadol had me feeling just fine, so why take sub? Well because I'm an addict and I like feeling good plus I haven't had one of those sub strips in years.

72 hours only symptoms are runny nose and and some dry heaving like I was gonna vommit but I didn't. Today the methadone clinic is gonna kick me out so there's no turning back now fellows. But I feel so good about having the courage to jump at 40mg MD when I was reading stories about ppl jumping at 1mg or 5mg
and having bad WD.

Maybe the worst had yet to come, but I say bring it on, this is the easiest WD I've ever done. But maybe the longevity will get to me once my comfort mess run out and all I'm left with is my anti-depressant. That's when I think shit will be hard. But I'm not gonna worry about that today.

Methadone withdrawal symtoms really kicked into gear for me around the 4 day mark. Good luck dude, you can do this

I just don't know why this is the easiest WD out of the 15 or so times I've had to detox off opiates. People act like getting off methadone is brutal. For me getting off black tar heroin which was actually morphine, now that was hell. I soaked my entire sheets in sweat every time I fell asleep it was so hard. Severe depression and I took DXM which was a huge mistake and the Imodium helped a little but still it was the worst kick ever and once I made it through it I didn't even know what to do with myself so I went back to using. After the hell I had just gone through. Iam insane when it comes to drugs and alcohol, purely insane.

Shit too late I've already had 2-3 mg of sub under my tongue. Guys I slept soundly for 7 hours last night and woke up this morning with pretty much zero WD symptoms. Still though I took the last 500mg of my Tramadol, 1mg Klonnopin, and 2mg Suboxone.

I think it's sort of overkill to take the sub and I think im gonna pay for it. The Klonnopin and tramadol had me feeling just fine, so why take sub? Well because I'm an addict and I like feeling good plus I haven't had one of those sub strips in years.

72 hours only symptoms are runny nose and and some dry heaving like I was gonna vommit but I didn't. Today the methadone clinic is gonna kick me out so there's no turning back now fellows. But I feel so good about having the courage to jump at 40mg MD when I was reading stories about ppl jumping at 1mg or 5mg
and having bad WD.

Maybe the worst had yet to come, but I say bring it on, this is the easiest WD I've ever done. But maybe the longevity will get to me once my comfort mess run out and all I'm left with is my anti-depressant. That's when I think shit will be hard. But I'm not gonna worry about that today.

The benzos you are taking made your md "last longer". The sub you took replaced the md you were taking. Its binds just as hard as md to your receptors. You have to go without an opiate before your body realizes it isnt going to get its opiate for free anymore. This is when the real wds kick in.
Trust me if you make it thru md wds it isnt going to
be the "easiest wd you ever did". Quite the oppposite.
Im certainly not trying to kill your optimism.
I just want you to be prepared. You need to know your enemy to defeat it. Knowing what to expect in a weird way will calm your anxiety.
Your obviously have strong will and a bit of stubbornness. That tells me you can DEFINITELY do this. Just dont underestimate your enemy.
It's strong and stubborn too.
Speaking of knowing your enemy,
you're going to need more than a week to do this.
No md survivor will tell you different.
From my experience you need at least a month.
Md withdrawl comes in waves and there is no predicting when they will ramp up.
When they hit, you will be debilitated. But when they pass your will will be strengthed for next wave.
You got the pay the piper sooner or later or be a slave forever. The sooner you give him his dues, the sooner you will be free.
Kick the shit out him as you give him his money!

Last edited:
I'm on 70mg and thinking about tapering to 40 mg then jumping with subs and benzos and kratom for like 2 weeks 2mg of sub a day

Then Imodium for 2 more weeks

I was on sub for a year and jumped at 1mg from IVing 4 mg a day with immodium the wds were non existent maybe some restlessness but immodium help a lot

And yes the people at the mmt clinic are all pasty and fat and homeless

Kpin WD isn't that bad. Sub WD isn't that bad, I'm using both to let the md leave my system and when I do run out of opiates it may be long-lasting but I doubt ill be bed ridden shaking crying and shit. I've just done this too many times, and yeah Iam cocky and stubborn but I have to be right now. Feeling crappy is a small price to pay to never have to go through this again and be clean and sober the rest of my luck. Perhaps in a day or 2 I will change my mind but so far this is the easiest WD I've ever done. For real.

Drinks with evil it sounds like a similar plan to what I'm doing but you may want to wait because like the above poster said I'm probley underestimating md. Keep in mind I was only on it a few months. I'll keep updating so this post might be helpful to other ppl on methadone who just don't want to taper and just want the hell off.

I jumped straight off a very significant done habit. It was rough but doable. You may want to get some non opiate medications to do a short run with to try and lessen the symptoms of withdrawal.

Tried it, I went to urgent care and the nurse practitioner wouldn't give me clonidine, a small supply of benzos, or sleep meds. So all I have left is 6 .5kpins and like 5mg of suboxone.

Tried it, I went to urgent care and the nurse practitioner wouldn't give me clonidine, a small supply of benzos, or sleep meds. So all I have left is 6 .5kpins and like 5mg of suboxone.

Make an appointment tomorow for a GP. Be totally honest with them, bring proof that neurontin or lyrica work, aka the study thats linked. You have a long out to work through get2 and even if it takes a few days to get in it will be well worth it.

medications for acute opiate detox

NSFW:

The medications I would explore the use of for detox would be:
>Clonidine< DOSED EVER FOUR HOURS..

one of either
>NEURONTIN< >HERE< >HERE< >here<
OR >Lyrica<
OR >phenibut<

>A BENZO BUT JUST AT NIGHT<
>a nsaid<
>melatonin<
tylenol
Senokot S is a stool softener and laxative. If you do not want the laxative you can go for strait stool softenerDioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate.

(Opi Withdrawal) what is the best comfort meds for opiate w/d?

Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

While you are there request and make sure you recieve vitamin D and testosterone level blood checks. TMT can reduce withdrawal symptoms significantly esp PAWS. Low Vit D can cause misery

. Methadone side effects, separating fact and fiction.

Low vitamin d status of patients in methadone maintenance treatment.

Neuropathic Pain: Causes, Management and Understanding

Hypogonadism and Low Testosterone Levels as a Side Effect of Methadone and Buprenorphine