• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fastest speed in a car ?

lazylazyjoe

Bluelighter
Fastest speed in a car & other top speeds?

What is the fastest speed you all have been in while in a car on a public road?

For me
Driving: 125mph (201kph)
Passenger: 140mph (225kph)
-
Best speding violation : 6 x the limit : 90mph(145kph) in a 15mph (24kph) (no ticket thankfully)

Last edited:
why is this something you want to brag about? putting other peoples lives in danger

About 120 mph in a 45.

Once on acid 110 or so in a 30. It was about 5-6 hours after taking 3 hits of some good. Don't know the dose, and I consider what I did extremely stupid. I think I was 19.

^ How did you manage to drive while tripping? Was the car moving before you got in it?

Not bragging, was curious about it and decided to start the thread. Besides, all mine were on highways with long open stretches.

Besides, all mine were on highways with long open stretches.

What the hell highway has a 15 mph speed limit? I used to think it was fun going about 70 around a corner that was posted at 25 mph until I lost control in the rain and crashed into a cement wall totaling my car. I'm lucky I didn't get hurt or hurt anyone else. I've sped on open stretches where it was safe 100+ but that's hardly worth mentioning.

I don't drive, so do motorcycles count? The fastest I rode a motorcycle was around 130 mph on a long straight stretch of road in the desert. There was no traffic, no animals, no people, and excellent visibility.

every time I went above 80 in my cars the steering wheel would shake violently and id rather not die in a blaze of embarrassment, but I did hit 101 mph in a 94 Honda Accord after being dared by my friend who was in the passenger seat. Well, it was more of a challenge that my car couldnt even reach 100mph, which is somewhat true because it is not a sustainable speed with the steering wheel being how it was.

but it happened. 101 mph.

driving fast, no thanks.

The 15 mph was for a long straight highway exit. If there's no cars, you don't need to slow until the first stop sign.

130 on a motorcycle? That takes some courage. Although, I lived in the desert and there are just some stretches that are miles long and completely empty.

But the vehicle is obviously the biggest barrier to getting high speeds. My old car was a '87 300zx and my friend's was an '84 Camaro that got to 140.

In a car: 119 mph [i think i was driving a buddy's Dodge neon iirc](was younger. Risking other drivers lives as well. License suspended. $600 fine.)

Motorcycle: 144 mph (no one else was on the road. No passenger.)

Modern sport-touring bikes (what I rode) are so stable and streamlined with the fairing, that going 130 feels like going 80 on an older one. It's not the terrifying experience one might expect. It's fun and a thrill. It was like riding a roller coaster for the first time when you're a little kid.

Anyway, some guy in college was convinced that it was possible to go so fast that the dashed lines on the road would blur together and look like a solid line. And I wanted to find out.

The fastest I ever got in a car when I last drove was around 90 mph. That was both terrifying and embarrassing. The piece of crap started vibrating, then making scary sounds and screeches, shaking and became unstable. I thought it was going to be flung off the road.

Modern sport-touring bikes (what I rode) are so stable and streamlined with the fairing, that going 130 feels like going 80 on an older one. It's not the terrifying experience one might expect. It's fun and a thrill. It was like riding a roller coaster for the first time when you're a little kid.

Anyway, some guy in college was convinced that it was possible to go so fast that the dashed lines on the road would blur together and look like a solid line. And I wanted to find out.

The fastest I ever got in a car when I last drove was around 90 mph. That was both terrifying and embarrassing. The piece of crap started vibrating, then making scary sounds and screeches, shaking and became unstable. I thought it was going to be flung off the road.
I can attest. Going over 120 on a motorcycle is like going 80 in a car as far as intensity. I tell people who aren't riders that a motorcycle is like a roller coaster that you can control. . . Or it can be compared to flying because you aren't in the relatively bulky and unstable capsule (car).. youre virtually completely exposed to the environment traveling at high speeds. Seeing the environment and air blur past as youre dashing through space; hearing the engine roar, is a rush.

I got my tacoma at its top end a while back 106 mph lol. I have driven a saab 95 in HS to like 145

^ what year was the saab?

one of the directors at the company at which i worked in london in the 90s had an audi quattro gt coupe - looked like this:

1985_Audi_Quattro_Turbo_Coupe_UrQuattro_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg

i borrowed it for a business meeting and was driving back at about 11pm on the m6 between birmingham and london. i got up to just over 125mph. i was young and stupid and it was exhilarating and scary.

alasdair

It was like a 1999. They are bad cars for practicality and ease of ownership but than again they were designed by people that make planes. But it was fun to drive and I loved the way the interior smelled lol. I got a passat I owned up to 135 and I got a buddies karmagian?? up to like 85 which was scary as fuck.