• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fastest speed in a car ?

125 in my stock evo x, 135 in my modded WRX.

I'm envious, I think I'd trade my 2007 Infiniti M35x for one of those guys. My car is super nice in my opinion, but I love both the Evo and WRX. Is it an STI by chance?

As a Driver:
Infiniti M35x (My Current Car) - 140mph in a 65 (Highway, it was empty at night)
Toyota Highlander (My Previous Car) - 118mph in a 65

As A Passenger/Navigator (When drivers are going extremely fast in helps to have someone call out the obstacles long-before they will need to be evaded)
Mid 2000's Corvette (modified with an aftermarket supercharger and much much more) - 170 or so mph on an empty highway at night, it was a street race that we won, however the race was from an on ramp to the highway to the next exit which had an easy turn around to come back to the place we entered the highway where the race would end. The off ramp led to a back road the led deep into the woods which was full of winding backroads and large neighborhoods that were easy to hide in and ditch the car if it was hot because we passed a cop or something. That night we did pass a cop so he drove down the back driving between 120 and 140, we came to an easy spot to ditch the car and we got into my care and dipped out. The guy we were racing against lived back there so he was almost always just fine ditching his car at his house and taking out another one, although while he was street racing he did get chased back to his house once and got arrested, but alas that time he wasn't racing against us.
In a stage 3 Audi S4 early 2000's (Heavily modified for racing) - 165+ mph, prob not 170mph though, prob 168mph peak
In a 1968 Mustang we went 120mph in a 40mph speed limit zone
In a pretty recent CL600 AMG Benz we went about 160mph
My friend has a Ferrari 360 Modena and we hit about 140mph (He's too cautious to go any faster)
A guy I used to know had an Aston Martin DB9 - Also probably about 140mph (same guy that had the CL600 AMG Benz, he was cautious with the Aston because it was brand new and his weekend car, also if he fucked it up his parents would've smacked him for being stupid, and then probably bought him another car, that's how they were, no rhyme or reason, just stupid rich and had money to blow)

Sadly I no longer have the WRX. I had two actually, an 09 sedan & an 02 wagon. Traded them both for the evo. To answer your question- No, it wasn't an STI. But with the right mods I've seen plenty of WRXs smoke STIs ;)

I know without a doubt that my evo has the capability of going faster than 125 mph, but I haven't really been in an appropriate situation to push it further.

~165 mph in a sewped up turbocharged jetta on a mountain backroad

147 2000s Pontiac Bonneville SSEI Supercharged...couldve gone faster but ran outta road

You ever see the video of the guy setting the bicycle land speed record down the valcano.

My testicles migrated into my pelvis.

ebola

8Mph8NZ.gif

My fastest driving must've only been 107-111mph. Not too too fast. I've only been driving for 3 years though.

150 on my Ducati 900 when I was 15
140 passenger Saab Viggen
88 tractor trailer at work
Bicycle between 30 and 40
35 on mini bike

Car probably about 150MPH in an Audi A8 4.2 Quatro

Bike about 170MPH on my old de-restricted ZZR1100

Driver: 150mph + in my boss mans 6 litre mercedes. He wasn't there obviously, but it was far too easy to get to that speed.
Bike passenger: 150/155mph Fastest I've been on a bike was when I was pillion.
Bike Rider: Probably around 135-ish mph. Fast approaching corners & a healthy dose of fear stopped it going any further.

145mph in my Volvo S80.

Had to pull back when I ran out of straight road. Still felt relatively safe. Love Volvos.

Last edited:
155mph in my rsx type s, mildly modded. Had a good race with a fixed up rx-8 @ around 4am about...3 years ago, I believe. Going south on the 57 from the 210 west, there's a long downhill that helps in getting past the limiter/governor, as well as avoiding 6th gear. This was my last race before I needed an engine swap. :(

It was a really bad idea to stay in vtec on 5th gear for about a minute straight. Ahh, good times though.

I'm so sad though. I drive an automatic now and it is absolutely boring to drive. It's not even worth racing in, even though I still get the occasional rev from random drivers. I just smh now, instead of downshifting to 2nd/3rd. :(